JIPMER 2019: JIPMER Individual Rank Letter is now available. The Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education Research has released the Online Application Form Link today (6th March 2019) at 11:00 am. The Institute also released an Official Brochure on its official website. The JIPMER 2019 Exam will be held on 2nd June 2019 in two shifts– Morning (10:00 am to 12:30 pm) and an afternoon shift from (3:00 pm to 5:30 pm). The Last Date of Filling the JIPMER Application Form is 12th April 2019 (Friday) at 5:00 pm. We will provide you with the live updates along with the latest updates and notifications regarding the JIPMER 2019 Admission.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Through this exam, JIPMER offers admissions to 200 seats (150 seats at the JIPMER Puducherry campus and 50 seats at the JIPMER Karaikal campus) in MBBS course. Duration of the MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months as per the academic calendar of JIPMER followed by one year of compulsory rotatory internship for the award of Degree.
Check AIIMS 2019
New: (12th June 2019) – JIPMER has released the Individual Rank Letter of the Candidate now. Candidates can download their respective rank letter by candidate login.
JIPMER Online Form Registrations has been started at 11:00 am on 6th March 2019 this morning. The last date to apply is 12th April 2019 (5:00 pm). Candidates can check the Official Brochure available on its official website for more details.
The JIPMER has introduced a New Reservation Policy for Economically Backward Sections. The Institute has reserved an extra 13 seats for the low-income family group. These seats have been reserved from the 200 seats available. 10 seats for Puducherry Campus and 3 seats for Karaikal Campus.
Click Here for JIPMER Application Form 2019.
JIPMER 2019 Exam Dates: The official examination authority of JIPMER has announced the dates for the main events for the JIPMER MBBS test 2019. The dates for the important events like application form filling, examination, and counselling of JIPMER Exam Date has been released by the official authority. The information related to the same is provided in the table below.
|S. No||Events||Dates (tentative)|
|JIPMER Application Form and Exam Details|
|1.||The release of online Registration starts from||6th March 2019|
|2.||Last date for Registration||12th April 2019|
|3.||The release date of Admit card||20th May 2019 to 2nd June 2019|
|4||Last Date to download Admit Card||02nd June 2019 (Online Only)|
|5.||Date of entrance examination||2nd June 2019in two shifts|
(Morning- 10:00 am to 12:30 pm) and (Afternoon – 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm)
|6||Publication of merit list||On 08th June 2019|
|Counseling Dates for JIPMER 2019 (Puducherry and Karaikal) – Tentative|
|7.||First Round Counselling||26th to 28th June 2019|
|8.||Second Round of Counselling||24th July 2019|
|9.||The third round of counselling||21st August 2019|
|10.||The final round of counselling||26th September 2019|
|11.||Date of closing of Admission||30th September 2019|
|JIPMER 2019 Admission and Hostel Accommodation Details|
|12.||Admission Formalities (Medical Board, Submission of Payment Receipt etc.)||1st July 2019 (Monday- 8:00 am) for the students who have opted for JIPMER Karaikal. After Medical Board, the selected students have to report JIPMER Karaikal on 3rd July 2019.|
For JIPMER Puducherry, candidates the students have to report on 2nd July 2019 (8:00 am)
|13.||Issuance of Admission Letter and Hostel Accommodation||1st July 2019 for JIPMER Karaikal Students and 2nd July 2019 for JIPMER Puducherry Students.|
|14.||Commencement of Courses||3rd July 2019 (Wednesday- 9:00 am)|
|15.||Foundation Course||Will be conducted at their respective campus|
|16.||Admission Closing Dates||30th September 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for JIPMER 2019: Before filling up the online JIMPER MBBS application form 2019, Candidates must know the eligibility criteria set by the official authority. If the candidates do not satisfy the eligibility conditions, then they are not permitted for the exam. Applicants must go through the below-given table to know about the eligibility criteria for JIMPER 2019.
|S. No||Particulars||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Nationality||Indian National/Overseas Citizen of India|
|2.||Age||Candidates must have attained 17 years of age as on or before 31st December 2019.|
Applicant should have born on or before 1st January 2002.
There is no maximum age limit to apply for JIMPER 2019.
There is no age relaxation for any category.
|3.||Qualifying Examination||(a)Candidate must have passed the Qualifying 10+2 examination individually in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English subjects and must obtained a minimum of 60% (50 % in case of SC/ST/OBC/OPH) from a recognized university/board of any Indian state or any other examinations recognized by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi which is equivalent to class 12 examinations.|
(b)For OPH (Orthopedic Physically Handicapped) candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
(c) Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying 10+2 examination in the year 2019 and whose results have not yet been declared can also apply for admission. But they have to show the passing certificate of the qualifying examination with the pass mark in individual appropriate subjects as mentioned in point(a).
List of Exams Recognized by JIPMER 2019 (Educational Qualifications Eligibility)
JIPMER Application Form 2019: JIPMER Application Form 2019 has been released on 6th March 2019 at 11:00 am. Candidates who want to take the JIPMER 2019 exam need to register and fill up the application form. Before going to fill up the application form, candidates are required to know the eligibility criteria of JIPMER 2019.
Here are some of the important information about JIPMER Online Form 2019
- The JIPMER Application Form for 2019-20 Academic Session starts from 6th March 2019 (11:00 am). The Last date to apply for JIPMER 2019 is 12th April 2019 (5:00 pm).
- The Mode of the Application Form is online only.
- Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be eligible to fill the online form of JIPMER 2019.
- The JIPMER Application Form Fees varies as per the category.
How to apply for JIPMER 2019 Exam?
JIPMER 2019 Registration
Candidates must visit the JIPMER Exam official website. On the homepage, click on “Apply online MBBS admission 2019” link. Upon clicking, a registration page will be displayed on the screen. On the registration page candidates have to enter the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Valid Email ID
- Valid mobile number
- Filling up of JIPMER 2019 application form
Filling Up Information
After registration, candidates have to log in using their registered id and fill up the following details.
- Personal details
- Contact details
- Educational details
- Address details
- Payment of Application Fee
Payment of Application Fee
After filling up the JIPMER 2019 application form, candidates must review all the entered details and then proceed to pay the application fee via online mode through net banking/debit card/credit card.
Application fee varies for the candidates belonging to different categories. Given below table contain the details of the application fee for different category
|S. No||Category||Application fee (Rs.)|
|1.||General (UR) & P- UR||1,200 + Bank charges|
|2.||OBC & P-OBC||1,200 + Bank charges|
|3.||SC/ST & P-SC||1000+ Bank charges|
|4.||NRI/OCI||2500+ Bank charges|
|5.||OPH & P-OPH||Exempted from paying the application fee|
Print out of filled application form
After successful completion of application fee payment, application form and payment slip duly submitted will be displayed on the screen. The candidate is advised to take the print out of the same for future use.
Correction of JIPMER 2019 Application Form
Request for change in any field in the www.jipmer.edu.in JIPMER 2019 Application Form will not be entertained under any circumstances once it is submitted. Although, a candidate can fill fresh application form along with the fee payment before the last date of closing registration.
JIPMER 2019 – Exam City Centre
The JIPMER Online Entrance Exam 2019, will take place in over 120 cities across India. The details of the Exam City along with the Venue of the Examination Centre will be updated on the JIPMER Hall Ticket.
- The Applicant can opt for only three exam cities.
- The Allotment of the Exam City will be as per the order of preference clicked by the applicant at the time of the Online Registration.
- There are more chances that on the basis of the first preference, the allotment of the exam city will be done for the applicant.
- The Exam City Centre for JIPMER 2019, once allotted cannot be modified.
- If the seats from the chosen 3 exam cities are unavailable, then the candidate will be allotted seat at the nearby venues.
- If any unforeseen circumstances happen, then the Exam city will be canceled at any point in time and a new exam city will be allotted.
List of the JIPMER 2019 MBBS Exam Cities
|Name of the State||Name of the City|
|Jammu and Kashmir|
Candidates must note that the Examination Centers will be in the perimeter of 25 to 20 Kms from the main city. On the date of the examination, it is advised that the applicant must reach the exam center 2 hours before the exam time.
JIPMER 2019 Admit Card
JIPMER Admit Card 2019: The JIPMER Admit Card 2019 will be released on 25th May 2019 at 10:00 am. Candidates whose application form has been accepted will be eligible to download the JIPMER Hall Ticket 2019. The Link to Download the JIPMER 2019 Admit Card will be available from 20th May 2019 to 2nd June 2019. Registered candidates must download the “JIPMER MBBS Admit Card 2019” by clicking on the link given below.
The Admit Card is a mandatory document. Hence, no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination center without an Admit Card.
How to Download JIPMER 2019 Admit Card?
The step by step process to download JIPMER Admit Card 2019 is as follows-
- Visit the official website of the JIPMER
- Now, click on the Admit Card Link of JIPMER.
- It will redirect you to a new page, enter the details that are asked
- Enter your Registration Number and Password and click on the submit button.
- The Admit Card of JIPMER will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take the printout of the Admit Card.
- Keep the Printout of the admit card safe until the completion of the admission process.
The link of the JIPMER Admit card will be available for a very limited period of time. Candidates are advised to check all the details before downloading the admit card. If there is any discrepancy in the details, then it is advised to contact the Exam Conducting Authority before the date of the examination. The Help-Line and the contact number are mentioned below. Make sure that you download the Admit Card before the closing date in order to avoid any technical issues.
List of Details Printed on JIPMER Admit Card
Well, candidates have to note that the JIPMER 2019 Hall Ticket will contain the following details printed-
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of the Examination
- Date of Birth of the Applicant
- Examination City
- Photo and Signature Uploaded by the Candidate
- Roll Number
Documents to be Carried Along with the JIPMER Admit Card 2019
The Candidates have to carry the following documents along with JIPMER 2019 Hall Ticket-
- JIPMER Admit Card 2019
- Valid Photo Identity Proof such as Voter ID/Aadhaar Card/Driving License etc.
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
JIPMER 2019 Exam Pattern
JIPMER Exam Pattern 2019: Candidates are advised to be well acquainted with JIPMER 2019 exam pattern and prepare for the examination accordingly. Exam pattern of JIPMER gives the candidate an idea about the mode of exam, duration, subjects, questions asked from each section, marking scheme. Candidates can refer to the following table to get complete information about JIPMER 2019 exam pattern:-
|1.||JIPMER 2019 Exam||2nd June 2019|
|2.||Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based test) mode|
|4.||Duration of Exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
Morning Shift (First shift) : 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Afternoon Shift (Second shift) : 03:00 PM to 05:30 PM
|5.||Type Of Question||Multiple Choice Question(MCQ)|
|6.||Number of Questions||200|
|8.||Marking Scheme||4 Marks is awarded for each correct answer.|
|9.||Negative Marking||No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.|
|10.||Sections||Subject||No of Question||Marks|
|English Language and comprehension||10||40|
|Logical and quantitative reasoning||10||40|
Syllabus for JIPMER 2019 exam
JIPMER 2019 Syllabus: The questions for JIPMER MBBS entrance examination 2019 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Higher Secondary and CBSE for XI & XII Standards. Candidates are advised to go through the mock test for online computer based examination. Link for the mock test will be available on the official website.
Candidates are advised to follow the NCERT booke on the official website just before the exam days and some other reference books. The question will be based on the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English language and comprehension, Logical and quantitative reasoning.
JIPMER 2019 Result
The JIPMER 2019 Result has been declared 08th June 2019 (Tentative). The Results is available online on the official website of JIPMER. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained under any circumstances. JIPMER MBBS Result 2019 has been released in the form of PDF. Candidate can check their score, subject-wise marks, rank, negative response and total percentile.
Candidates must note that the result is available in the form of Merit List. Therefore, the applicants whose name has been shortlisted on the JIPMER 2019 Merit List, will be selected for the counselling round.
JIPMER 2019 Cutoff
JIPMER 2019 cutoff for the various category has been released. Cutoff marks to participate in JIMPER 2019 counselling vary for general and reserved category candidates. Applicants must check and tally their marks obtained with the cut-off marks required to participate in the counselling round.
|S. No||Category||Minimum Percentile|
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the JIPMER Cutoff Marks, and the merit list will also be prepared on the basis of the Cut-off Marks. The Factors that depends on the cutoff marks of JIPMER 2019 is as follows-
- Number of the Candidates appeared the entrance exam
- Difficulty Level of the Entrance Exam
- Previous Year Cutoff Marks of the Exam.
JIPMER 2019 Seat Reservation
Seat Reservation in JIPMER 2019: As per the reservation policy of Government of India applicable to central educational institutions (CEI), a definite number of seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to categories other than general. Students claiming reservation are required to produce valid supporting documents in the prescribed format at the time of counselling in order to avail the benefit of JIPMER 2019 reservation of seats.
NOTE: The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the decisions made by examination conducting authority.
Normalization Procedure of JIPMER 2019
Well, the Normalization of JIPMER 2019 is a process of fairly scoring the candidates by neither advantaged or disadvantaged by the difficulty level of the questions. To start with, the percentile score calculation is done. The formula to calculate the JIPMER 2019 Percentile Score Calculation is-
JIPMER 2019 Tie-Breaker Criteria Method
If more than two candidates score the same number of marks in the JIPMER 2019 Entrance Exam, then the tie-breaking method is used. On the basis of the Tie-Breaking Criteria, the ranking of the candidate will be decided for the JIPMER Merit List. Hence, the Merit List order of JIPMER 2019 is as follows-
- Less Negative Marks
- Higher Percentile/ Marks in Biology Section
- More Percentile in Chemistry Section
- Higher Percentile in Physics Section
- More Marks in English Language and Comprehension
- Higher Percentile Marks in Logical Reasoning
- If still the tie exists, then the candidate older in age will be given a higher rank.
Merit List of JIPMER 2019
JIPMER 2019 merit list will be prepared by the official authority by merging the Percentiles of total scores of both the shifts of the exam (i.e first and second shift). Candidates can view and check their name on the merit list of JIMPER 2019 exam by the visiting the official website tentatively on or before 21st June 2019. Students name appear on the merit list is only eligible to participate in the counseling and admission process.
In case of two or more candidates securing equal percentile in the JIPMER 2019 entrance examination, their inter se merit shall be determined in the following order
- Biology Percentile in the JIPMER 2019 exam
- Percentile in Chemistry in the JIPMER 2019 exam
- Physics Percentile in the JIPMER 2019 exam
- Percentile in English Language and Comprehension in the JIPMER 2019 exam
- Percentile in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning in the JIPMER 2019 exam
- Seniority by age
Types of JIPMER 2019 Merit List
The JIPMER Merit List 2019 will be available online. There will various types of JIPMER 2019 Merit List released for the candidates. These Merit Lists will be available in PDF Format so that the applicants can download it easily. The Merit List Result of JIPMER 2019 will be prepared on the basis of the Percentile Scores.
Thus, these are the types of JIPMER 2019 Merit Lists that will be declared by the Institute/University.
- Common UR Merit List
- Scheduled Caste Candidates Merit List
- Puducherry ST Candidates Merit List 2019
- Scheduled Tribe Candidates Merit List
- Other Backward Classes Merit List
- Puducherry – PWD Candidates List
- Economically Weaker Sections Merit List
- Puducherry UR Candidates List
- Puducherry OBC Merit List
- PWD Candidates List
- Puducherry Economically Weaker Sections Merit List
- NRI/OCI Candidates List
- Puducherry SC Merit List
Candidates must note that the merit list will be published online on the official website.
JIPMER 2019 Counselling
The Counselling of JIPMER 2019 will be conducted after the declaration of result. Candidates whose name appear in the merit list of JIPMER 2019 exam will be eligible for the counselling round. Total of three round of counselling will take place on different dates. The tentative dates for the three rounds are provided in the table below:
JIPMER MBBS Counselling dates (tentative) 2019
|Counseling Dates for JIPMER 2019|
|1.||The first round of counselling||26th to 28th June 2019|
|2.||The second round of counselling||24th July 2019|
|3.||The third round of counselling||21st August 2019|
|4||Final Counselling||26th September 2019|
|5||Admission Process Counselling||30th September 2019|
- To attend the JIPMER Counselling 2019, the applicant has to report the venue on the mentioned date and time.
- On the Day of the Counselling, Biometric Fingerprint and Image Verification will be done. If there is any sort of mismatch, then the applicant will not be permitted to attend the counselling round.
- There will be three rounds of counselling- First, Second and Third Round of Counselling.
- The Counselling Round will take place in the following order-
|Order of Category||Scheduled Tentative Dates|
|PWD and P-PWD (Medical Examination)||25th June 2019|
|UR/EWSs/PWD/P-PWD||26th June 2019|
|OBC/SC/ST||27th June 2019|
|Puducherry UR/OBC/SC/ST/EWSs/NRI/OCI||28th June 2019|
- For each category, candidates will be called 10 times the number of the seats available in each category.
- If a candidate has chosen JIPMER Puducherry, he/she cannot change its preference to JIPMER Karaikal and Vice-Versa.
- If a candidate was not chosen in the First Round Counselling, then he/she will be eligible to appear in the second round of counselling.
JIPMER 2019- Seat Allotment and Admission
The selection of the applicants will be on the basis of the merit, category, and availability of the seats. After the counselling rounds are over, the selected candidate will receive an “Admission Letter”. If the candidate fails to bring the admission letter, then he/she will not be permitted for admission. The last date for the JIPMER 2019 Admission is 30th September 2019. No Candidate (except Foreign Nationals) will be admitted to MBBS Course after 30th September 2019. The Candidates who are admitted after 30th September 2019, will be eligible for appearing the First Professional Examination only with the next batch of students.
JIPMER 2019- Toll-Free Help Lines
- If you have any query, then you can contact on JIPMER E-mail ID – [email protected]
- The Official Website of JIPMER is – www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in/ www.jipmer.edu.in
The Dean (Academic), IIIrd Floor, Academic Section
JIPMER Academic Centre
Dhanvantri Nagar, PO
Puducherry 605 006
Candidates can ask their queries at the working hours. The Time-Schedule of the Exam is from 9: 00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm).
JIPMER 2019 – Admission Fees
For Indian National Candidates
The JIPMER Admission Fees for 2019-20 Academic Session is as follows-
|Description||Fees in Rupees|
|One-Time Admission Fees||Rs 5000/-|
|Academic Fee per annum (per annum)||Rs 1400/-|
|JIPMER Students Association Fees (per annum)||Rs 2000/-|
|Learning Resource Fees (per annum)||Rs 2000/-|
|Corpus Fund on Academic Fees (per annum)||Rs 70/-|
|I.T Charges||Rs 2000/-|
|Identity Card||Rs 150/-|
|Total Amount of Fees||Rs 12, 620/-|
The Admission Fees of JIPMER 2019 has to be paid on the counseling day after the completion of the counselling process. The candidate has to make the payment at the academic section of JIPMER.
For Foreign National Candidates
- An academic fees of $75, 000+ Transaction Charges are applicable.
- This is a One-Time Payment for the entire duration of the course at the time of admission.
- The Admission Letter will be provided only after the confirmation of the payment.
- The Payment has to be paid in Foreign Currency by way of Demand Draft in favor of -Director, JIPMER, Puducherry payable at “Puducherry”.
JIPMER 2019 – Hostel Accommodation and Charges
- The JIPMER provides separate hostels for boys and girls.
- All Students including NRI may avail a common hostel accommodation.
- The Hostel Accommodation is mainly for Non- Puducherry and Karaikal Candidates.
- The Allotment of the Hostel will be on the basis of First-Cum-First Service.
- The Rent of the Hostel including electricity charges is Rs 500/- per month for Double Room and Rs 750/- per month for Single Room.
- A caution deposit of Rs 5000/- will be charged by each candidate which is refundable.
- Common Mess Facility is available. An amount of Rs 3000/- is charged and has to be paid in cash to the warden of the hostel for Boarding Charges and Rs 6000/year for Establishment Charges.
JIPMER Hostel Charges 2019
|Description||Fees in Rs|
|Establishment Charges||Rs 6000/-|
|Hostel Caution Deposit (per annum)||Rs 5000/-|
|Hostel Mess Deposit||Rs 3000/-|
|Total||Rs 14, 000/-|
The Hostel Charges has to be paid after the allotment of the Hostels. Candidates have to make the payment of the JIPMER Hostel Charges at Estate Section, JIPMER.
JIPMER 2019 – Summary of the Entrance Exam
|Name of the Entrance Exam||JIPMER 2019|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Education and Research|
|Courses Offered||MBBS Programs and Courses (Undergraduate)|
|Eligibility Criteria||17 years as on 31st December 2019 with 10+2.|
|Date of the Entrance Exam||2nd June 2019 (Online) in two shifts|
|Admission Level||National Level|
|Selection Procedure||Computer Based Test/ Merit List and Result/ Counselling/ Seat Allotment and Final Admission|
|Last Date of the Admission Process||30th September 2019|
If you have any doubt related to JIPMER 2019 Exam, please inform us by writing in the comment box below.