Burdwan University Application Form 2021: The Admission Council of the University of Burdwan is responsible for Burdwan University Admission. Therefore, the students who are aspiring to take admission must check the Burdwan University Form Fill Up process. They must fill the online application form before the official deadline. The Application Forms for Burdwan University will be available on the official website of the University @burnuniv.ac.in. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission into courses like B.Sc., BA LLB, B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Com, MA/M.Sc, M.Ed, and B.Ed can fill the online application form of the University of Burdwan for the academic session 2021-22 online as well as offline.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Candidates planning on taking admission to the Under Graduate or Postgraduate courses must visit the University’s Website and fill up the University of Burdwan Registration Form. Also, they must check the Eligibility Criteria, Application Fees, List of Courses, Admission Process, seats, reservation policy, exam time table, hall ticket, result, counselling, etc.
University of Burdwan Prospectus
Burdwan University Registration 2021- Important Dates
The official authority has not released the dates of the admission schedule yet. The admission process usually starts in June-July. However, the candidates can check the tentative dates below.
Burdwan University UG Admission 2021
|Release of applications for UG programs||In the month of June-July, 2021|
|B.A Honors Santali/B.A LLB (Integrated)||In the month of July-August, 2020|
|L.L.B (3 Years) Entrance test||October 2021|
|B.Ed. regular||In the month of March-April, 2021|
|B.Com Honors/B.A Music||–|
Burdwan University PG Admission 2021
|Release of applications for PG programs||June/July 2021|
|M.A (Mass com & M.Sc/Biotechnology||–|
|M.Sc. in Geospatial Science||–|
|M.Sc. in Microbiology||–|
|Masters in Physical Education/Diploma & Certificates in languages||–|
|Masters in Law (Entrance test)/B.B.A. Honors admissions||–|
Burdwan University Application 2021 Process
The Burdwan University Application Form releases along with the information brochure. The mode of the form fill up is online as well as offline. Hence, candidates who meet the criteria can fill the application form. The application link remains active for a small period. Therefore, we advise the applicants to fill in the form before the due date. But before filing the application form, candidates must keep the following things in mind.
- Check the internet connection.
- Also, check the eligibility criteria and go through the instructions carefully.
- Keep all the documents and bank details ready before applying.
- Provide a valid e-mail id and phone number to get regular updates.
University of Burdwan Admission Process
The admission cycle of Burdwan University commences in June and ends in July. Admission to all the courses is available both in online mode through its official website and in offline mode, through the registrar office of the University. Selection criteria for all the courses offered at Burdwan University are mentioned below in brief:
- Admission to all the UG courses is based on candidate’s aggregate in Class 12
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech programme need to have a valid GATE score
- MBA aspirants are shortlisted based on past academic record and MAT scores
- Admission to remaining Burdwan University PG courses is based on candidate’s aggregate in graduation degree
- Ph.D. and M.Phil admissions are granted based on candidate’s performance in the entrance test and interview, both conducted by Burdwan University
- Candidates of Post Graduate courses will get a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. University offers UG and PG degrees in Bachelor of Science, Arts, and Music, and with programs in Law and Medical.
- So the University also offers M.Phil and Ph.D. programs in multiple specialties. For Ph.D. and M.Phil candidate admission is done on the basis of entrance test and interview.
Burdwan University Eligibility Criteria 2021
The candidates who are applying for admission in the UG or PG course offered by the University of Burdwan must check the complete eligibility criteria. Before filling up the Burdwan University Registration Online Form the candidates must confirm the eligibility criteria for that particular course. Burdwan University Admission 2021 eligibility criteria are given below:
- So candidates who want admission in UG programs need to pass 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks.
- Also, candidates who want admission in PG programs need to complete their Graduation with a minimum of 60% marks, from a recognized University.
However, this is the general eligibility criteria and it varies from course to course. Therefore, the applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria for the respective course for which they are applying. Candidates, if found not fulfilling the basic eligibility will not be allowed the admission even if they qualify the exam and fulfill all other criteria.
Burdwan University Subject-Wise Eligibility Criteria
- Environmental Sciences: Science graduates (10+2+3) having 50% marks Honours in Env. Sc. / Microbiology / Botany/ Chemistry/ Zoology/ Physics/ Geography (with a B.Sc degree)/ Geology/ Physiology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry and B.Sc.(Agri.) Hons. (10+2+4).
- Biotechnology: Honours in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Physiology with a minimum of 50% marks having pass subjects like Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physiology.
- MPEd: Regular B.P.Ed. or B.P.E. course with a minimum of 50% marks. There is no
reserved seat for OBC-A and OBC-B candidates in M.P.Ed. course of Studies.
- Geospatial Sciences: Honours with Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Physics, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Geography, Forestry, Wildlife Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Agriculture, Oceanography, Marine Sciences, Bioinformatics, Fisheries Science with 50% marks in Undergraduate.
- Women’s Studies: Regular Honours Graduates of any recognized University who
have done the three-year Hons. Course in History, Pol. Sc., Philosophy, Sociology,
Economics and Languages with a minimum of 50% marks.
- MLIS: Regular Hons. Graduate with at least 50% of Marks in any subject.
- Mass Communication: Any Regular Hons. Graduate with at least 50% of Marks. The Candidate must secure a minimum of 20% marks in PI.
- MBA Programmes [MBA, MBA (Tourism), MBA (HR)]: Regular Honours Graduates of any recognized University who have done the three-year Hons. Course/B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm./MBBS etc. with a minimum of 50% marks. Candidates having valid score card in MAT, CAT, CMAT, XAT, GMAT, and JEMAT may claim exemption from the written test. They may appear in GD and PI directly.
- M.A. in Hindusthani Classical Vocal Music and M.A. in Rabindra Sangeet: Honours graduate in Music with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Statistics: Honours in Statistics or Mathematics with minimum marks of 50%.
- M.Ed (Fresher): Regular B.Ed. Course with a minimum of 50% marks.
- LL.M.: Regular 3 Years or 5 Years LL.B. Course with a minimum of 50% marks.
How to Fill the Burdwan University Application Form?
The students who are seeking admission to any of the courses offered at Burdwan University can apply online through the official application portal of the University. Interested applicants also have an option to buy the University prospectus and application form by visiting the registrar office of the University along by paying an application fee in cash. Burdwan University Application Form 2021 is easily available on the official website. The candidates need to follow the below-given steps in order yo fill the online application form.
Online Application Process
- Firstly the candidate needs to visit the website or buruniv.ac.in
- Then after that candidates need to click on the ‘Apply Online’ link.
- So, Now Enter all important details like date of birth and name, email ID and mobile number
- The applicant needs to select the exam center from the list.
- Then the candidates must enter their Personal Information and Academic Information of Class 10th and Class 12th level.
- Also, the applicants must enter the college of their preference.
- Furthermore, upload your Photo and Signature. Both the images must be in JPEG format with the photo should be of 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm dimensions, being less than 50kb in size and signature, less than 20 kb in size.
- After uploading the images, the applicant has to make the Fees Payment. They can use the either online or offline mode of fees payment.
- So now pay the application fee by selecting a payment mode.
- Also take out the printout of the application for further use.
Offline Application Process
- The students can buy the offline application form from any registered college or directly download it from the web portal.
- Then after they must prepare all the documents and DD.
- After that, the students must attach all the necessary documents and fill all the details in the form.
- Finally, they have to post the form to the following address:
Process of Selection
The Admission to Burdwan University is based on Merit as well as on the marks in the entrance test. The process of selection by both the modes are explained in the section given below.
On the basis of Honours Marks for the Pass outs of B.U. Students
60% of the total intake of seats will be reserved exclusively for the pass-outs from the UnderGraduate Colleges affiliated to the University of Burdwan. Admission to these seats will be offered strictly on the basis of marks secured in the concerned Honours subject. In the case of the uniform score in the concerned Honours Degree, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the Higher Secondary Examination is to be considered and calculated for determining the higher position in the merit list.
On the basis of the Admission Test
Remaining 40% of the seats will be filled up through written admission test from the applicants of the University of Burdwan and the applicants from Other Universities. In case of the uniform marks in the written test, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in Honours Degree is to be considered and calculated for determining the higher position in the merit list. In case of the uniform score in the concerned Honours Degree, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in Higher Secondary Examination is to be considered and calculated for determining the higher position in the merit list.
Stages of Admission
- The first phase is the form filling by the applicants. The online application fee for all the
courses is Rs.300/-. Application fee for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/ DA/SP candidates is Rs.150/.
- After the completion of form filling, interviews will be held for the DA and SP candidates
respectively in the University where their eligibility will be verified on the basis of
relevant documents. Candidates who will fail to establish their eligibility will be treated
as belonging to Unreserved category only and they will have to pay the balance amount
of Rs 150/- through an online portal.
Burdwan University Distance (DDE) Application Form
The Directorate of Distance Education, University of Burdwan also offers admission to MA/MCom/MSc courses. DDE Education offers a PG course on 9 subjects across 11 study centers. Through distance mode of learning, candidates can earn a degree while working full-time. Therefore, the candidates who could not take admission in the regular mode can fill the Burdwan University Distance Education Application Form. But before filling the DDE Application Form, the applicants must carefully note the eligibility criteria for different courses. After filling the application form, the candidates must attach all the necessary documents and sent them to the university website.
Instructions for DDE Application Form
- Candidates are directed to read & understand the instruction and fill in the form carefully before submission. Incomplete form will be treated as cancelled.
- Please select your preferable Study Centre after selecting the course.
- Candidates are requested not to change their mobile number, once entered during the online application. Candidates will receive One Time Password (OTP) in his/her mobile number and E-mail I.D. The OTP needs to be entered into the appropriate field to verify his/her application registration.
- After filling in the required fields in the online form, candidates are to assign his/her password defined by them using at least 6 alpha-numeric characters (alphabets, e.g., a,b,c,….. and numerals, e.g., 1,2,3,…..) for logging back to their own form. Application ID generated after submission of form will be the user name of his/her profile.
- Candidates are requested to remember their Application ID for future use.
Online Payment of Application Fees
- Students are required to sign in by using Application ID and Password. Then the dashboard for students will open up and will show payment options i.e. ‘Pay Now’. After clicking ‘pay now’ the student will get the following
options: (i) Debit Card, (ii) Credit Card, (iii) Net Banking, (iv) NEFT / RTGS,
(v) Cash Challan. Candidates can choose any of the above options for making payment.
- Candidates are to take a print-out of the (i) Online Payment Receipt (by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking) for online deposit or (ii) print-out of successful NEFT Challan or (iii) print-out of Bank Challan after depositing the requisite fees as mentioned in the Challan by cash to any branch of Allahabad Bank.
- After uploading the photograph and signature, candidates need to take a print out of the application form.
- Candidates need to visit the DDE Administrative Office or Study Centre(s) with all the original documents for verification along with the Application Form & print-out of Online
- Payment Receipt / NEFT Receipt of successful payment / University copy of the Bank Challan as per schedule mentioned in the SMS/E-mail or website notification.
|BU Application Fee for Various Courses|
|Faculty of Commerce||Rs.300/- Rs. 150 (SC/ST)|
|Faculty of Law||Rs.300/- Rs. 150 (SC/ST)|
|Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences||Rs.300/- Rs. 150 (SC/ST)|
|Faculty of Sciences||Rs.300/- Rs. 150 (SC/ST)|
|Faculty of Management Studies||Rs.300/- Rs. 150 (SC/ST)|
|Faculty of Hospitality and Travel||Rs.300/- Rs. 150 (SC/ST)|
How to Restore Registration Number (in case of forgetting it)?
Restoration of the Registration number of former B.U. students of Burdwan University, who meanwhile migrated to any other University for academic reasons, must get their original B.U Registration Number restored by November 2019 for Mathematics & Computer Science and by February 2020 for M.A. (except Mathematics) / M.Com. Courses in the
manner as stipulated in the relevant University rules. However, they will be required to submit the Restoration form to be downloaded from the Directorate website for Restoration furnishing Migration Certificate in original from the University last attended along with original B.U. Registration Certificate. They must submit the attested Photocopy of the Registration certificate to the Directorate as soon as they receive it in the ‘Restored’ form.
Reservation Policy for Admission 2021-22
Reservation for SC/ST candidates for admission will be as per reservation rules vide Govt. Order No.: 07-Edn (U)/1U-89/13.- dated. 2nd January 2014 “for admission to different courses, an SC or ST candidate getting admission should have obtained in the previous examination; qualifying marks not lower by more than 25% of the marks obtained by the last candidate of the general category.”
Reservation for OBC-A/OBC-B candidates for admission will be as per reservation rules vide Govt. Order No.: 07-Edn (U)/1U-89/13.- dated. 2nd January 2014 “for admission to different courses, and OBCA or OBCB candidate getting admission should have obtained in the previous examination; qualifying marks not lower by more than 10% of the marks obtained by the last candidate of the general category.”
Differently Abled Candidates- The candidates seeking admission under this category must produce a valid certificate issued by an appropriate authority, not below the rank of Superintendent of Sub-Divisional Hospital. In the certificate, the mentioned extent of Physical Disability must not be less than 40%.