Burdwan University Application Form 2020: The Admission Council of the University of Burdwan invites the Online Registration Form for academic session 2020-21. Therefore, the students who are aspiring to take admission must check the Burdwan University Form Fill Up process. They must fill the online application form before the official deadline. The Application Forms for Burdwan University will be available on the official website of the University @burnuniv.ac.in. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission into courses like B.Sc., BA LLB, B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Com, MA/M.Sc, M.Ed, and B.Ed can fill the online application form of the University of Burdwan for the academic session 2020-21 online as well as offline.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Candidates planning on taking admission to the Under Graduate or Postgraduate courses must visit the University’s Website and fill up the University of Burdwan Registration Form. Also, they must check the Eligibility Criteria, Application Fees, List of Courses, Admission Process, seats, reservation policy, exam time table, hall ticket, result, counselling, etc.
Burdwan University 2020 Application Form
The officials will soon release the notification for Burdwan University Admission for UG and PG courses. So Interested candidate can apply for the Burdwan University Application form online. Burdwan University BA admission will start between form July and August 2020 in online mode only. Also, Applicants need to carry all their required documents. They need to carry their 10 or 12 marks Sheet and Provisional Certificate. Candidates will be selected by the University officials based on their merit. So, admission will be done on the basis of the Honours marks and test conducted by Burdwan University. So, admission will be done to both categories. For more details about the course, admission process and eligibility read further.
University of Burdwan Prospectus
Burdwan University Registration 2020 Important Dates
The officials have not yet released the notification of the dates of filling up the Burdwan University Online Application Form 2020. The officials will soon release the dates regarding the Burdwan University Form Fill Up process for admission 2020-21. Therefore, the candidates who want admission can check the dates related to it from the table given below. The candidates must keep themselves updated with the latest released information regarding the exam and make sure that no dates or events are missed. Also, the candidate should note that the dates given below are not confirmed. And it can be changed anytime by University. So, below-given dates are the tentative dates.
Burdwan University UG Admission 2020
|Release of applications for UG programs||In the month of June-July, 2020 (Expected)|
|B.A Honors Santali/B.A LLB (Integrated)||In the month of July-August, 2020 (Expected)|
|L.L.B (3 Years) Entrance test||In the month of October-November, 2020 (Expected)|
|B.Ed. regular||In the month of March-April, 2020 (Expected)|
|B.Com Honors/B.A Music||In the month of January-February, 2020 (Expected)|
|B.F.A||In the month of May-June, 2020 (Expected)|
|B.tech||In the month of June-July, 2020 (Expected)|
Burdwan University PG Admission 2020
|Release of applications for PG programs||In the month of June-July, 2020 (Expected)|
|M.A (Mass com & M.Sc/Biotechnology||In the month of July-August, 2020 (Expected)|
|M.A Urdu/Masters||In the month of May-June, 2020 (Expected)|
|M.Sc. in Geospatial Science||In the month of November- December 2020 (Expected)|
|M.Sc. in Microbiology||In the month of August-September, 2020 (Expected)|
|Masters in Physical Education/Diploma & Certificates in languages||In the month of May-June, 2020 (Expected)|
|Masters in Law (Entrance test)/B.B.A. Honors admissions||In the month of June-July, 2020 (Expected)|
|M.B.A admissions||In the month of January-February, 2020 (Expected)|
|B.B.A admissions||In the month of April-May, 2020 (Expected)|
|M.Tech admissions||In the month of August-September, 2020 (Expected)|
Burdwan University Application 2020 Process
The candidates must note the process of Filling up the Burdwan University BEd. Application Form. It is important to check all the details very carefully from the Prospectus 2020 before proceeding to apply for the admission further. Also, the candidates must make sure that all the details provided by them in the Application Form are valid and correct. Any form of misleading/ wrong information in the form might lead to the cancellation of the candidature as the details will be verified at the time of the admission through the original documents. The final submission of the Application Form is only after the payment of the Application Fee, the form will not be accepted otherwise. For more of the details of Burdwan University Application Form 2020 go through the article below.
University of Burdwan Admission Process
The admission cycle of Burdwan University commences in June and ends in July. Admission to all the courses is available both in online mode through its official website and in offline mode, through the registrar office of the University. Selection criteria for all the courses offered at Burdwan University are mentioned below in brief:
- Admission to all the UG courses is based on candidate’s aggregate in Class 12
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech programme need to have a valid GATE score
- MBA aspirants are shortlisted based on past academic record and MAT scores
- Admission to remaining Burdwan University PG courses is based on candidate’s aggregate in graduation degree
- Ph.D. and M.Phil admissions are granted based on candidate’s performance in the entrance test and interview, both conducted by Burdwan University
- Candidates of Post Graduate courses will get a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. University offers UG and PG degrees in Bachelor of Science, Arts, and Music, and with programs in Law and Medical.
- So the University also offers M.Phil and Ph.D. programs in multiple specialties. For Ph.D. and M.Phil candidate admission is done on the basis of entrance test and interview.
Burdwan University 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are applying for admission in the UG or PG course offered by the University of Burdwan must check the complete eligibility criteria. Before filling up the Burdwan University Registration Online Form the candidates must confirm the eligibility criteria for that particular course. Burdwan University Admission 2020 eligibility criteria are given below:
- So candidates who want admission in UG programs need to pass 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks.
- Also, candidates who want admission in PG programs need to complete their Graduation with a minimum of 60% marks, from a recognized University.
However, this is the general eligibility criteria and it varies from course to course. Therefore, the applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria for the respective course for which they are applying. Candidates, if found not fulfilling the basic eligibility will not be allowed the admission even if they qualify the exam and fulfill all other criteria.
Burdwan University Subject-Wise Eligibility Criteria
- Environmental Sciences: Science graduates (10+2+3) having 50% marks Honours in Env. Sc. / Microbiology / Botany/ Chemistry/ Zoology/ Physics/ Geography (with a B.Sc degree)/ Geology/ Physiology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry and B.Sc.(Agri.) Hons. (10+2+4).
- Biotechnology: Honours in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Physiology with a minimum of 50% marks having pass subjects like Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physiology.
- MPEd: Regular B.P.Ed. or B.P.E. course with a minimum of 50% marks. There is no
reserved seat for OBC-A and OBC-B candidates in M.P.Ed. course of Studies.
- Geospatial Sciences: Honours with Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Physics, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Geography, Forestry, Wildlife Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Agriculture, Oceanography, Marine Sciences, Bioinformatics, Fisheries Science with 50% marks in Undergraduate.
- Women’s Studies: Regular Honours Graduates of any recognized University who
have done the three-year Hons. Course in History, Pol. Sc., Philosophy, Sociology,
Economics and Languages with a minimum of 50% marks.
- MLIS: Regular Hons. Graduate with at least 50% of Marks in any subject.
- Mass Communication: Any Regular Hons. Graduate with at least 50% of Marks. The Candidate must secure a minimum of 20% marks in PI.
- MBA Programmes [MBA, MBA (Tourism), MBA (HR)]: Regular Honours Graduates of any recognized University who have done the three-year Hons. Course/B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm./MBBS etc. with a minimum of 50% marks. Candidates having valid score card in MAT, CAT, CMAT, XAT, GMAT, and JEMAT may claim exemption from the written test. They may appear in GD and PI directly.
- M.A. in Hindusthani Classical Vocal Music and M.A. in Rabindra Sangeet: Honours graduate in Music with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Statistics: Honours in Statistics or Mathematics with minimum marks of 50%.
- M.Ed (Fresher): Regular B.Ed. Course with a minimum of 50% marks.
- LL.M.: Regular 3 Years or 5 Years LL.B. Course with a minimum of 50% marks.
How to Fill the Burdwan University Application Form?
The students who are seeking admission to any of the courses offered at Burdwan University can apply online through the official application portal of the University. Interested applicants also have an option to buy the University prospectus and application form by visiting the registrar office of the University along by paying an application fee in cash. Burdwan University Application Form 2020 is easily available on the official website. The candidates need to follow the below-given steps in order yo fill the online application form.
Online Application Process
- Firstly the candidate needs to visit the website or buruniv.ac.in
- Then after that candidates need to click on the ‘Apply Online’ link.
- So, Now Enter all important details like date of birth and name, email ID and mobile number
- The applicant needs to select the exam center from the list.
- Then the candidates must enter their Personal Information and Academic Information of Class 10th and Class 12th level.
- Also, the applicants must enter the college of their preference.
- Furthermore, upload your Photo and Signature. Both the images must be in JPEG format with the photo should be of 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm dimensions, being less than 50kb in size and signature, less than 20 kb in size.
- After uploading the images, the applicant has to make the Fees Payment. They can use either online or offline mode of fees payment.
- So now pay the application fee by selecting a payment mode.
- Also takeout the printout of the application for further use.
Offline Application Process
- The students can buy the offline application form from any registered college or directly download it from the web portal.
- Then after they must prepare all the documents and DD.
- After that the students must attach all the necessary documents and fill all the details in the form.
- Finally they have to post the form to the following address:
Process of Selection
The Admission to Burdwan University is based on the Merit as well as on the marks in the entrance test. The process of selection by both the modes are explained in the section given below.
On the basis of Honours Marks for the Pass outs of B.U. Students
60% of the total intake of seats will be reserved exclusively for the pass-outs from the UnderGraduate Colleges affiliated to the University of Burdwan. Admission to these seats will be offered strictly on the basis of marks secured in the concerned Honours subject. In case of the uniform score in the concerned Honours Degree, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in Higher Secondary Examination is to be considered and calculated for determining the higher position in the merit list.
On the basis of Admission Test
Remaining 40% of the seats will be filled up through written admission test from the applicants of the University of Burdwan and the applicants from Other Universities. In case of the uniform marks in the written test, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in Honours Degree is to be considered and calculated for determining the higher position in the merit list. In case of the uniform score in the concerned Honours Degree, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in Higher Secondary Examination is to be considered and calculated for determining the higher position in the merit list.
Stages of Admission
- The first phase is the form filling by the applicants. The online application fee for all the
courses is Rs.300/-. Application fee for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/ DA/SP candidates is Rs.150/.
- After the completion of form filling, interviews will be held for the DA and SP candidates
respectively in the University where their eligibility will be verified on the basis of
relevant documents. Candidates who will fail to establish their eligibility will be treated
as belonging to Unreserved category only and they will have to pay the balance amount
of Rs 150/- through an online portal.
Admission for Honours Category (60% Seats)
- Broad Merit List for BU candidates will be published.
- Counselling will be held for admission for 60% category on the basis of Short Merit List
that will be published alongside the Broad Merit List.
Admission for Written Category (40% Seats)
- Written Test for 40% seats.
- Broad Merit List for 40% category seats will be published.
- Counselling will be held for admission for 40% category on the basis of Short Merit
The list that will be published alongside the Broad Merit List
List of Documents For Verification
During verification the candidates must produce the following documents in original and photocopies (Xerox):
- Application Form
- Passport-size photograph
- Birth certificate
- Online Payment Receipt/ NEFT Receipt of successful payment / Bank Challan – Depositor’s & Payee’s copy
- Admit Card of Madhyamik or equivalent examination
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik or equivalent examination
- Certificate of H.S. or equivalent examination
- Mark sheet of UG examination
- Certificate of PG examination (as the case may be)
- B.U. Registration Certificate (applicable for BU students)
- Caste certificate /PWD certificate.
Burdwan University Distance (DDE) Application Form
The Directorate of Distance Education, University of Burdwan also offers admission to MA/MCom/MSc courses. DDE Education offers a PG course on 9 subjects across 11 study centers. Through distance mode of learning, candidates can earn a degree while working full-time. Therefore, the candidates who could not take admission in the regular mode can fill the Burdwan University Distance Education Application Form. But before filling the DDE Application Form, the applicants must carefully note the eligibility criteria for different courses. After filling the application form, the candidates must attach all the necessary documents and sent them to the university website.
Instructions for DDE Application Form
- Candidates are directed to read & understand the instruction and fill in the form carefully before submission. Incomplete form will be treated as cancelled.
- Please select your preferable Study Centre after selecting the course.
- Candidates are requested not to change their mobile number, once entered during the online application. Candidates will receive One Time Password (OTP) in his/her mobile number and E-mail I.D. The OTP needs to be entered into the appropriate field to verify his/her application registration.
- After filling in the required fields in the online form, candidates are to assign his/her password defined by them using at least 6 alpha-numeric characters (alphabets, e.g., a,b,c,….. and numerals, e.g., 1,2,3,…..) for logging back to their own form. Application ID generated after submission of form will be the user name of his/her profile.
- Candidates are requested to remember their Application ID for future use.
Online Payment of Application Fees
- Students are required to sign in by using Application ID and Password. Then the dashboard for students will open up and will show payment options i.e. ‘Pay Now’. After clicking ‘pay now’ the student will get the following
options: (i) Debit Card, (ii) Credit Card, (iii) Net Banking, (iv) NEFT / RTGS,
(v) Cash Challan. Candidates can choose any of the above options for making payment.
- Candidates are to take a print-out of the (i) Online Payment Receipt (by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking) for online deposit or (ii) print-out of successful NEFT Challan or (iii) print-out of Bank Challan after depositing the requisite fees as mentioned in the Challan by cash to any branch of Allahabad Bank.
- After uploading the photograph and signature, candidates need to take a print out of the application form.
- Candidates need to visit the DDE Administrative Office or Study Centre(s) with all the original documents for verification along with the Application Form & print-out of Online
- Payment Receipt / NEFT Receipt of successful payment / University copy of the Bank Challan as per schedule mentioned in the SMS/E-mail or website notification.
|BU Application Fee for Various Courses|
|Faculty of Commerce||Rs.300/- Rs. 150 (SC/ST)|
|Faculty of Law||Rs.300/- Rs. 150 (SC/ST)|
|Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences||Rs.300/- Rs. 150 (SC/ST)|
|Faculty of Sciences||Rs.300/- Rs. 150 (SC/ST)|
|Faculty of Management Studies||Rs.300/- Rs. 150 (SC/ST)|
|Faculty of Hospitality and Travel||Rs.300/- Rs. 150 (SC/ST)|
Burdwan University Course-wise Fee 2020
The candidates must check the course fees before applying for admission. The course-wise fee structure of Burdwan University is given below:
|Course||Fee (in INR Rs)|
Medium of Examination
The medium of examination shall, however, be as follows:
|Subject||Medium of Examination|
|Political Science||Bengali/ English|
Rules Regarding Migration and Registration of Students from other Universities
Students of other universities seeking admission in M.A/M.Sc/M.Com. Courses must get themselves registered under this University by November 2020 for Mathematics, Computer Science, and by February 2021, for M.A (except Mathematics) /M.Com. at the latest, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled.
Process for Migration Candidates
After obtaining the Enrollment Number from the Directorate they will also be required to submit application, through prescribed form (one for Inward Migration and the other for regular Registration) , to be downloaded from the Directorate Website for registration along with self-signed documents like –
- Photocopy of the Marksheet of the last examination passed i.e., B.A./B.Sc/B.Com. / Bridge course/M.A.etc. (as the case may be)
- Photocopy of the Admit Card of Madhyamik/Secondary Examination
- Photocopy of the Enrolment Card of the directorate
- A self-signed attested passport size photograph to be affixed on the space provided in the form
- Photocopy of the Online Payment Receipt
- Photocopy of the Online Payment Receipt / NEFT Receipt of successful payment / Bank challan (Student copy) of course fee as proof of deposit of the requisite fee of Rs.200/-.
- Candidates will be required to furnish the migration certificate in original from the university last attended.
- Candidates must submit the forms completed in all respects personally at the Directorate or Study Centres. ‘
- Submission of forms by post to the Directorate is not allowed.
How to Restore Registration Number (in case of forgetting it)?
Restoration of the Registration number of former B.U. students of Burdwan University, who meanwhile migrated to any other University for academic reasons, must get their original B.U Registration Number restored by November 2019 for Mathematics & Computer Science and by February 2020 for M.A. (except Mathematics) / M.Com. Courses in the
manner as stipulated in the relevant University rules. However, they will be required to submit the Restoration form to be downloaded from the Directorate website for Restoration furnishing Migration Certificate in original from the University last attended along with original B.U. Registration Certificate. They must submit the attested Photocopy of the Registration certificate to the Directorate as soon as they receive it in the ‘Restored’ form.
Cancellation of Admission
All admissions are provisional and admission of a student may be cancelled by the University (without refund of the course fee deposited) at any stage after verification, on any of the grounds mentioned below:
- Non-fulfillment of basic eligibility criteria for admission.
- Any suppression of information or false information supplied by the student detected at any stage after admission.
- Gross misconduct/indiscipline on the part of the student.
- Adoption of unfair means by the student in the examination hall.
- Candidates themselves may, however, choose to discontinue their studies at any point of time for private reasons apply for withdrawal or cancellation of their admission /enrolment. While the University may not object to granting any such prayer, no claim for refund of course fee will be entertained in any case as per University rules.
Burdwan University Admit Card 2020
After filling the Exam Form, the candidates must download the Burdwan University Admit Card 2020. The Hall Ticket is an important document for any examination. Therefore, the students who have submitted the Burdwan University Application Form 2020are eligible to download the hall ticket. Furthermore, they must verify the details in the Hall Ticket. In order to avoid any confusion, the students must check the examination venue very carefully.
Burdwan University Result 2020
After the completion of the examination, the students can check the Burdwan University Result 2020 from the official website. The students who have given the Burdwan University Online Application Form can wait for their results. The Controller of Examinations will release the result online on its official website. Therefore, the candidates must know the process to check the results online. For odd semester exams, the results for Burdwan University declared in January. Whereas, for even semesters, the results come out in June. All results published through online mode, and no hard copy sent to any student. Students need to remain in touch with the university website to get updates regarding the results. Students notified about results through their website/ portal.
Burdwan University Counselling 2020
The officials will give a call to the candidates for counselling and for the admission on the basis of their ranks in the merit lists. The selected candidate will have to report for counselling and admission at the GOLAPBAG CAMPUS of THE UNIVERSITY OF BURDWAN as per the programme notified along with the merit list. The merit list will be available on the university website
Reservation Policy for Admission 2020-21
Reservation for SC/ST candidates for admission will be as per reservation rules vide Govt. Order No.: 07-Edn (U)/1U-89/13.- dated. 2nd January 2014 “for admission to different courses, an SC or ST candidate getting admission should have obtained in the previous examination; qualifying marks not lower by more than 25% of the marks obtained by the last candidate of the general category.”
Reservation for OBC-A/OBC-B candidates for admission will be as per reservation rules vide Govt. Order No.: 07-Edn (U)/1U-89/13.- dated. 2nd January 2014 “for admission to different courses, and OBCA or OBCB candidate getting admission should have obtained in the previous examination; qualifying marks not lower by more than 10% of the marks obtained by the last candidate of the general category.”
Differently Abled Candidates- The candidates seeking admission under this category must produce a valid certificate issued by an appropriate authority, not below the rank of Superintendent of Sub-Divisional Hospital. In the certificate, the mentioned extent of Physical Disability must not be less than 40%.
Burdwan University Admission Placements
The students have a wide range of job prospects after completing any degree courses from the University of Bardhwan. Since the college is government based, many companies visit for installation and internships. The college provides grooming sessions for placement purposes. Many students in the college crack the interviews and get selected every year. Almost all students get internships opportunities. Students can expect and aspire for an average and high salary package. Hence, it depends on the caliber, skills, and academic performance of the learner.
About Burdwan University
Established in 1960, Burdwan University, West Bengal is also popularly known as the University of Burdwan. The University is accredited by NAAC with Grade ‘A’ and has been ranked 89th by NIRF in 2019. Burdwan University offers approximately 250 courses at UG, PG, diploma, and doctoral level. There are around 27 departments and 144 affiliated colleges under Burdwan University that offer both full-time and distance learning courses.
West Bengal is well-linked to almost all parts of the country via railway and airport, so it is accessible for other students. It is located away from the crowd of the metropolis. The University of Burdwan aims to create the most vibrant knowledge pool. It also offers comparable and competitive facilities. At present, the University is nourishing more than 100 colleges, and it owns four academic campuses:
- Golapbag Campus
- University Institute of Technology (UIT) Campus for Engineering.
- Tara bag Campus for Medical Education.
- Rajbari Campus