LUVAS Admission 2020: The Admission Council has released the Revised LUVAS Admission Notice 2020-21 for B.VSc. and AH Courses. The officials have also given the Link to Fill Preferences/Choices For Counselling Of B.VSc.& A.H. Programme 2020. Therefore, candidates can check the official website. We will provide the link as soon as the official release is updated. However, NEET 2020 Score is Compulsory for Getting Admission in these courses. The Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar, offers various Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses pertaining to livestock health and production. Candidates can apply for LUVAS Admission by filling the online application form. The university got established on April 7, 2010, by Haryana Government.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Revised Notice for Admission 2020-21 (B.V.Sc. and A.H.)
Fill Preferences/Choices For Counselling Of B.VSc.& A.H. Programme Click Here
Lala Lajpat Rai University Admission 2020
The university enforces the Minimum Standard of Veterinary Education Degree Course (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) Regulations, 2016 of the Veterinary Council of India (VCI). The successful completion of B.V.Sc. & A.H. program entitles the graduate for registration with the Haryana State Veterinary Council / Veterinary Council of India as a registered practitioner. In this article, we are giving an elaborate description of LUVAS Admission 2020 with the details of course fees and syllabus, as well as the selection procedure of the university.
LUVAS Admission: NEET-2020 Compulsory for B.V.Sc. and A.H Courses
The selection committee has brought certain changes for the admission into various UG courses for the academic year 2020-21. Earlier, the university used to conduct a written entrance exam for the admission into various UG courses. But, from the current academic year, there have been certain changes in the process of LUVAS Admission 2020. Now, the admissions into Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry, and Diploma in Veterinary and Laboratory Technician courses will be made on the basis of combined merit list of NEET (UG) Application Form 2020. Therefore, the interested candidates must compulsorily appear for the NEET-UG 2020 Exam to get the eligibility for the admission in LUVAS. Here is the official notification of the same announcement, candidates can check the details from the official website.
LUVAS Application Form 2020
The selection process has changed for the academic session 2020-21, as there will be no entrance exam for admission into UG courses. Therefore, the dates of LUVAS Application Form 2020 and merit list may vary this year. Now, it is compulsory for the candidates to appear in the NEET-UG 2020. The admission in these programs for the Academic session 2020-21 will take place on the basis of NEET (UG)-2020 marks. The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the dates for the NEET-UG Entrance exam on 03-05-2020.
The candidates who are interested in seeking LUVAS Admission VLDA, B.V.Sc. & A.H. program in COVS, LUVAS as well in IIVER, Bahu Akbarpur, Rohtak and DVLT program in LUVAS, Hisar will also be required to apply online additionally for which the application form and the prospectus consisting of other details will be available on the LUVAS website www.luvas.edu.in after February 2020. The candidates who do not apply online additionally on the LUVAS website will not be considered for admission even if they stand high in the merit of NEET (UG)-2020. However, admissions for the NRI category is as per the existing admission policy of LUVAS. Candidates can check the official notification.
Neet Application Form 2020 (Released)
LUVAS Admission 2020 Important Dates
The LUVAS Prospectus 2020-21 is expected to come after February 2020 on the official website. However, the candidates can get an idea of the application form and release dates from the tentative schedule based on the previous year’s prospectus. We are giving a tentative schedule for LUVAS UG Admissions 2020 below for the Undergraduate Courses
|Online Application Form||February 2020|
|Last Date of Applying||March 2020|
|Entrance Exam (NEET-UG 2020)||May 3, 2020|
|Result of NEET-UG 2020||June 2020|
|Combined Merit List of NEET-UG 2020||July 2020|
|First Round of Counseling||July 2020|
|Second Round of Counseling||August First Week 2020|
|Commencement of Courses||August Last Week 2020|
LUVAS Admissions 2020 for PG and Other Courses
|Courses||Last date of receipt of Admission Form without Late Fees||Last date of receipt of Admission Form with Late Fees of Rs. 600/-|
|M.V.Sc and Ph.D||31 May 2019||07 Jun 2019|
|VLDD & DVLT||25 Jun 2019||01 Jul 2019|
LUVAS Admission Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for B.V.Sc. and A.H
- The candidates under all categories must have passed in 10+2 examination and obtained a minimum of 50% marks (except SC category) in aggregate of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. The certificate from a “recognized”/ approved Board of School Education having equivalence by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi/CBSE/ICSE and also by the Board of School Education Haryana, Bhiwani.
- The SC category candidates will be allowed a relaxation up to 5% of the requirement for General Category i.e. the SC candidates securing a minimum of 47.5% marks in aggregate of the four subjects mentioned above will be eligible to apply for admission.
- The candidate must have attained or will attain the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2020. Candidates attaining 17 years on 1st January 2021 or later will not be eligible.
- The upper age limit for candidates of all categories (except SC and BC) is 25 years as on 31st December 2020.
- A 2.0″ × 2.0″ size Colour photograph to be uploaded on the admission form should depict the name of the candidate and date of taking photo and it should be without cap and dark glasses. If the 2.0″ × 2.0″ size photograph is old or with a cap or dark glasses or disfigured, the admission form shall be rejected.
Also Check – LUVAS Prospectus B.VSc. and A.H Program 2019-20 Click Here
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech. Dairy Technology (B.Tech. DT)
- The candidates under all categories must have passed in all the subjects of 10+2 examination and obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (except SC category) of the subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a “recognized”/ approved Board of School Education having equivalence by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi/CBSE/ICSE and also by Board of School Education Haryana, Bhiwani.
- The candidate must have attained or will attain the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2020.
- Candidates attaining 17 years on 1st January 2021 or later will not be eligible.
- The upper age limit for candidates of all categories (except SC and BC) is 25 years as on 31st December 2020.
- Candidates have the upload a 2.0″ × 2.0″ size color photograph on the admission form should depict the name of the candidate and date of taking photo and it should be without cap and dark glasses. If the 2.0″ × 2.0″ size photograph is old or with a cap or dark glasses or disfigured, the admission form shall be rejected.
- The last date for submission of online duly filled admission form for all the seats on the website: www.luvas.edu.in is 06.06.2020 (Tentative) without late fee and 13.06.2020 with additional late fee of Rs.600/-.
Eligibility Criteria for M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. Programmes
- Candidate having B.V.Sc.&A.H. degree from an institute/college recognized by VCI are eligible to appear in the entrance examination.
- The candidates should have completed internship of Bachelor program and notification issued upto the date of counseling.
- The B.V.Sc.&A.H. degree must be from a college recognized by the Veterinary Council of India (VCI) and that college must be within the list of VCI Schedule of recognized veterinary colleges /institutes. Otherwise, the candidate will not be eligible for entrance test and no admit card will be issued to such candidate and admission form fee will not be refunded.
- The candidate must be registered with the State Veterinary Council.
- Aadhar Card.
- The candidate must have obtained B.V.Sc.&A.H. degree from a college recognized by the Veterinary Council of India (VCI) and that college must be within the list of VCI Schedule of recognized veterinary colleges /institutes.
- The candidates must have completed the Master’s program and result notified. However, the candidates who have completed all the requirements for the Master’s program and have passed the viva-voce examination may also be considered for admission in order of their merit in the entrance test.
- The minimum educational eligibility for admission of fresh as well as in-service candidates is 65% marks (where OGPA is not given) or an Overall Grade Point Average of 6.5 (10.00 basis) in M.V.Sc. in the subject concerned from a VCI recognized veterinary college/institute.
- Such candidates who have not obtained B.V.Sc.&A.H. and M.V.Sc. degree from a veterinary college/institute recognized by VCI will not be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- The candidate must be registered with the State Veterinary Council.
List of Colleges
College of Veterinary Sciences (COVS)
The College of Veterinary Sciences basically deals with the development of veterinary education and research. This college has organized departments with well-qualified faculty and modern laboratory infrastructure suitable for practical training of veterinary professionals. Besides 14 departments, it also has a Teaching Veterinary Clinical Service Complex equipped with modern multidisciplinary infrastructure for diagnosis and treatment of infectious and non-infectious diseases of livestock and poultry. This college also has a Wildlife Health Centre which focuses on problems related to wildlife health.
The college offers following programs leading to :
- Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in 14 specialties
- Master of Veterinary Sciences (M.V.Sc) in 15 specialties
- Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.)
College of Dairy Science and Technology (CODST)
College of Dairy Science and Technology (CODST) came up in the year 2014 as another progressive step of LUVAS to strengthen the dairy production and processing sector in the state of Haryana. From the academic year 2016-17, the college has started a 4-year graduate program offering Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) in Dairy Technology with the course curriculum prepared by considering the recommendations of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi. The college has a capacity of admitting 26 students of Haryana. The selection takes place on the basis of entrance test which the University conducts, for students who have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
The college has the following five departments:
- Dairy Technology
- Engineering (In Dairy)
- Dairy Chemistry
- Microbiology (Dairy)
- Dairy Business Management
Institute of Para Veterinary Sciences (IPVS)
Institute of Para Veterinary Sciences (IPVS) is an expansion of the VLD Diploma section, which was under the control of Dean, College of Veterinary Sciences. The Institute came up in the year February 2014 with a sense of clarity and purpose of producing Para-Veterinarians to assist the Registered Veterinary Practitioners. The Para-Veterinarians provide minor veterinary services and also help the Veterinarians for health care and management of livestock and thus contribute towards the development of Animal Husbandry and Dairy sector.
- Veterinary Livestock Development Diploma (VLDD).
- Diploma in Veterinary Laboratory Technology (DVLT).
LUVAS Admit Card 2020
After the candidates have filled the LUVAS Application Form they can download the application form and keep it for future reference. Now, the candidates need to know that for the selection into UG courses there is no entrance exam. The LUVAS entrance exam takes place only for the courses like B.Tech(DT), M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. program. Therefore the council will release the admit card only for these courses for which there is an entrance exam. The officials will release the LUVAS Admit Card 2020 a week before the entrance exam. Therefore, the candidates need to download the admit card from the official website of the University.
The admit card is also necessary for the semester exams of various courses in the colleges. The college releases the admit card for the students enrolled in various programs. The students need to get the admit card for sitting in the semester exams at the end of every semester. The semester admit cards are available in respective colleges’ administration block. Students can collect the LUVAS Hall Ticket before their exams from the college window. It is mandatory to fill the examination form to avail the admit card. Without filling, the examination form or paying the examination fees, candidates won’t be allowed to sit for the semester examinations.
LUVAS Entrance Exam
The conducting body of Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar, conducts the LUVAS Entrance Exam 2020 for admission into particular courses. Therefore, the candidates need to update themselves with the official dates of the entrance examination. From the academic year 2020-21, there will be no entrance exam for the Undergraduate courses. The entrance exam is only for the B.Tech (DT), M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. program. Therefore, the candidates applying for the Admission in LUVAS Hisar for undergraduate courses need to appear in the NEET-UG 2020 which is conducted by the National Testing Agency on May 3, 2020.
The LUVAS Entrance Test will take place at the allotted centers given in the prospectus. Here are the tentative dates for the entrance exam for various courses in the university. However, these dates are according the last year’s prospectus. Therefore, the candidates must check the official dates from the current prospectus as and when it is released on the official website.
|S.No.||Course||Exam Date (Tentative)|
|1.||Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences (B.V.Sc.) and Animal Husbandry, DVLT Program||3 May 2020 (NEET-UG)|
|2.||Masters in Veterinary Sciences (M.V.Sc.)||14 July 2020|
|3.||Ph.D.||6 July 2020|
LUVAS Entrance Exam Pattern
The entrance test for various courses is applicable only for those candidates who fulfill the minimum eligibility conditions. Therefore, it is essential for the candidates to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The candidates also need to check the LUVAS Syllabus 2020 before appearing for the exam. The pattern of entrance exams varies for each course according to the level of the exam. Now, let us discuss the exam pattern for each course.
Exam Pattern for B.V.Sc. and A.H. Course
The entrance into the undergraduate courses takes place on the basis of the NEET-UG scores/. Therefore, the candidates have to prepare and appear for the NEET-UG 2020 in order to get admission into these courses. Read more about NEET Exam Pattern 2020 in this article. The exam is scheduled for May 3, 2020. The merit list for the admissions will come in the month of July 2020. Candidates need to regularly visit the official website for getting more updates on the dates and results.
Exam Pattern for B.Tech (DT)
Applicants who fulfill the minimum eligibility conditions will be eligible for the entrance test. Applicants who have appeared in 10+2 or equivalent examination with required subjects (even if the result is yet to be declared) may also appear in the entrance test, however, such candidates will be considered for admission on merit basis. The syllabus of the entrance test is of the 10+1 & 10+2 of Board of School Education, Haryana /C.B.S.E., New Delhi. The subject-wise questions and marks will be as under:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
Exam Pattern for M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. Program
The applicants seeking admission to the M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. degree programs will fill up the offline admission form downloaded from the University website www.luvas.edu.in. All the eligible candidates including in-service candidates (except ICAR/JNU nominees, NRIs and Foreign Nationals) seeking admission to M.V.Sc.program will have to appear in the Entrance Test (ET) to be held at Hisar on 06.07.2020 (Tentative) at 10.00 a.m. The candidate must report by 9.30 a.m. at the allotted center of the Entrance Test. For admission to M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. course curriculum as per Minimum Standards of Veterinary Education (MSVE) as prescribed by VCI. The course-wise questions, marks, and duration of the test is given below:
|Program||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration of ET|
|M.V.Sc.||160||160||3 hrs (10 AM-1 PM)|
LUVAS Merit List
After the completion of the entrance exam for various courses, the official body of the University will release a combined LUVAS Merit List 2020 on its official website. The candidates can check their names in the merit list by downloading the pdf of the merit list from the official website. We will notify the candidates with the latest updates of the merit list once the examination is over.
- The merit list of the undergraduate courses like B.V.Sc. and A.H course will be based on the NEET-UG 2020 score.
- The merit list of B.Tech. DT course will come after the entrance test of this course. The admissions on all the seats of B.Tech (DT) program will be made as per the Merit List to be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in Entrance Test-2020 (ET-2020) to be conducted by LUVAS.
- The merit list for Ph.D. program is taken after the marks of the candidates in the entrance test as well as the performance of the candidates in the interview round. The total marks are taken together to prepare a final merit list.
Tie-Breaking Rule in Preparing Merit List
If two or more candidates score equal marks in the entrance test, then the tie-breaking rule is taken into account. Following are the important points regarding the tie-breaking rule for admission into various courses:
- For B.Tech (DT) Course- In the case of two or more candidates securing the same marks in the entrance test, the merit would be decided on the basis of percentage of aggregate marks obtained in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry, and Math of 10+2 examination. If still there is a tie then the candidate senior in age will be considered higher in the merit.
- For M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. Course– If there are two or more candidates securing equal marks (marks in the Entrance Test plus weightage, if any), merit shall be decided on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination (B.V.Sc. & A.H. for M.V.Sc). If in the qualifying examination, the percentage of marks remains the same, then the merit is taken on the basis of lower degree/board examination. If still there is a tie, then the candidate senior in age will be considered higher in merit. In case of Ph.D. program if there are two or more candidates securing equal marks, then the merit is on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination (M.V.Sc.) if in the qualifying examination, percentage of marks remaining the same then the merit will be decided on the basis of lower degree (B.V.Sc.&A.H.)/board examinations. If still there is a tie, then the candidate senior in age will be considered higher in merit.
LUVAS Counseling 2020
Once the merit list is given by the officials, the final step in the process of admission is the counseling. LUVAS Counseling 2020 comprises of the verification of the original documents. In this round, the eligible candidates need to present themselves with the original as well as the photocopies of their documents. Therefore, candidates need to keep their documents ready for the verification process. In case, if there is any discrepancy found in the original documents, the candidature/ admission of the candidates thereby stands canceled.
Here are some of the important points to note for the counseling process:
- The competent authority reserves the right to reject any admission form in case of any discrepancy.
- The allocation of seats will be through counseling and the details will be available on the website of LUVAS (www.luvas.edu.in).
- The candidate, before reporting to the Admission Committee, should see the latest position of the number of seats available on the University website. The candidate should then present himself/herself before the Admission Committee.
- The eligible candidates, as per the merit list in the respective category, are to report for document verification and other admission formalities as per the schedule to be uploaded on the university website www.luvas.edu.in in the Auditorium of College of Veterinary Sciences, LUVAS, Hisar, failing which they will have no claim for admission.
- No intimation letter regarding counseling or registration shall be sent to any candidate
- The candidates admitted shall have to pay fees and other charges there and then, otherwise, the seat will be declared vacant.
- The candidates are required to bring all the original documents, two recently taken photos and two sets of self-attested photocopies of documents, etc. at the time of counseling, failing which they shall be refused admission.
- The benefit of reservation will be given to only Haryana Domicile candidate belonging to the respective category.
LUVAS Admission 2020 Overview
|Name of the University||Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar|
|Courses Offered||B.V.Sc. and Animal Husbandry, DVLT, B.Tech (DT), M.V.Sc., Ph.D.|
|Type of University||State-Funded University, Govt. of Haryana|
|List of Affiliated Colleges||Click Here|
|Contact||Lala Lajpat Rai University|
of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
Phone: +91 1662 256100
Fax: +91 1662 272002
Email: [email protected]