Anna University Admission 2020: process has started. Application Forms are available online. The link to apply is available below. Anna University is one of the most prestigious institutions in the city of Chennai. It was established in the year 1978 as a unitary type of University. It offers higher education in the fields of Engineering, Technology, Architecture, and Applied Sciences. The university was formed by bringing together four reputed technical institutions in the city of Madras namely the College of Engineering, Alagappa College of Technology, Madras Institute of Technology, School of Architecture, and Planning. The university has invited applications for admissions in various undergraduate, postgraduate courses for the academic year 2020-2021.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The online registration for Anna University 2020 has been commenced from the 1st week of May 2020 for admissions. Applications forms will be filled online except for MBA, MCA, MS by Research and P.hD courses for which the application forms are required to be submitted to the university. Anna University also conducts DDE Admission 2020.
- Anna University Admission Form is now available. Click Here to Apply. Last Date to apply is 16th August 2020.
- Due to COVID-19, the University canceled the exams of B.E, M.Tech, B.Arch, BSc, and other examinations. The revised dates will be available soon. Check Anna University Revised Exam Schedule 2020.
- TANCET Result 2020 Released!. Candidates can check the result now.
Anna University Admissions 2020 Eligibility
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for admission in that very course. Candidates who are eligible can apply for admission. However, the eligibility criteria vary from course to course. Hence, the eligibility criteria for appearing for TANCET 2020 is as follows-
- candidate should have completed graduation from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks (for the general category).
- Candidates should either have completed 10 + 2 + 3 years of Education or B.Pharm/ B.Arch/ B.Tech/ B.E or 10 + 2 + AMIE or 10 + 3 years Diploma + AMIE.
However, there is no upper limit for appearing in TANCET. Students who have completed their qualifying degree through distance or weekend mode are not eligible to apply. Anna University also offers admission under the sponsored category (candidates belonging to Government Aided Institutions/ Government Organisations). Such candidates must have at least five years of work experience in the related field along with a valid score in TANCET. Application form for ME/ M.Tech courses can be filled online by visiting the TANCA portal on payment of INR 500 (INR 250 for reserved categories) as application fee. TANCET and GATE category candidates need to apply separately.
Read about Anna University Distance Education 2020
Anna University Admissions 2020 Exam and Admission Dates
Anna University has released its Application forms for the year 2020-2021. The Anna University Application forms are available on the official website of Anna University. Candidates can go to the official website of the university to download the application forms. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria beforehand. They need to make sure that they fit into the eligibility criteria for the particular course/ courses they wish to apply to. Below are the important dates regarding the Anna University Admission Schedule 2020.
|Online registration begins||Second Week of May 2020|
|Last date of registration||Last week of May 2020|
|Release of Admit cards||1st week of June 2020|
|Entrance Exam||4th week of June 2020|
|Announcement of Results||1st week of July 2020|
How to Apply for Anna University Admission 2020
Candidates who wish to apply for admissions in Anna University for the academic year 2019-2020 can check the official website. Candidates must check eligibility for a particular course before filling the form. You can fill in the form on the official website of Anna University. However, you must fill and submit the form before the due date. Hence, Below are guidelines for filling up the Anna University application form for the academic year 2020-2021.
- Visit the official website of Anna University that is annauniv.edu or that of the TANCET 2020 examination.
- Apply for New Registration by submitting their name, address, e-mail, phone number, etc.
- Login using the Registration ID and Password and enter the rest of the details such as Educational Qualifications, Address, etc.
- After entering all the details upload the photograph and signature as per the specifications.
- The application fee has to be paid either online through ATM cum Debit card/ Credit Card/ Master card or through a Demand Draft through the offline mode.
- Download completed application form along with the unique TANCET application Number and keep it safe for future reference
- Also, upload scanned copies of Class 10th or equivalent mark-sheets, Class 12th mark-sheet or a copy of 3 years Diploma Certificate, Copy of the Demand Draft if application and a self-attested copy of the Caste Certificate (if required) along with your Anna TANCET application form.
Anna University Entrance Exam Pattern
Anna University is responsible for conducting the TANCET Admission Entrance Exam. Candidates who wish to take admission in Anna University must clear the TANCET. The Anna University Tancet Result will be available soon after the completion of the exam. The TANCET Exam for the session 2020-2021 will take place in the 4th week of June 2020. Thus, the exam pattern of TANCET Exam is as follows-
- TANCET Examination will take place offline (Pen-Paper Mode)
- The questions are objective type, multiple-choice questions.
- A total of 100 questions will be available on the paper. Each question carries 1 mark. Hence, the total marks for the exam are 100 marks.
- The time duration for the TANCET examination is 120 minutes (2 hours).
- The is also a negative marking of 1/3 marks for every wrong answer.
- There is no negative marking for unattempted questions though.
- The examinations in divided into five sections namely Reading Comprehension, English Comprehension, English Grammar and Usage, Analysis of Business Situation, Quantitative Ability, and Data Sufficiency.
Anna University Hall Ticket 2020
The University releases the admit card a week before the examination. So, candidates who have submitted the form will be eligible to download the Anna University Exam Admit Card PDF. To download the hall ticket, you need to have your Registration Number and Password. The Anna University DDE Admit Card will carry all the details of the exam and the candidate. No candidate will be allowed to appear the exam without the admit card.
Question Papers of Anna University
The University offers Anna DDE Previous Year Question Paper for the preparation of the exam. Candidates can download the question paper pdf and start preparing for the exams. With the help of the question paper, you can get to understand the exam pattern and marking scheme. Make sure that you go through and practice all the Anna University Exam Paper PDF.
Anna University Syllabus 2020
The University uploads the Semester and Entrance Test Syllabus for the students. Candidates can download the Anna University Syllabus PDF now. The syllabus includes the practical and theory modules for each semester program.
Anna University Result 2020
Anna University will declare the results for the Entrance exam. Candidates can check the TANCET entrance exam results on the official website of Anna University. Anna University will release a separate merit list for every course. Candidates can check the same by entering their “ Application Number “ and “Password”. Candidates whose names will be present in the merit list of a particular course will be eligible for the counselling. However, the counselling will take place soon after the declaration of the result.
Candidates who do not attend the counselling on the specified date and time will not be eligible for admission. The Results list and counselling schedule (date, time and cut-off mark) will be available on the Anna University Website. Candidates will have to download the Call Letter to attend the counselling.
Anna University Admission Counselling 2020
Candidates who clear the Anna University Entrance Exam will be eligible for the counselling round of Anna University Admission 2020. Candidates have to attend the counselling round in order to proceed with the admission process. The Candidates who miss the counselling round will not be eligible for the admission further. Candidates must choose their counselling centres carefully while filling up the form. Thus, below are some important guidelines for Anna University Counselling 2020–
- Seats will be allotted at the time of the counselling. Candidates will be eligible for the counselling on the basis of the marks and rank in the exam.
- Anna University will conduct counselling for admission for all the courses. Candidates will have to deposit their certificates in the Institute. However, at the time of document verification candidates, can show their attested documents. However, the seats will be allotted only when all the original certificates are produced.
- Anna University will release the provisional rank.
- Candidates who do not attend counselling on the prescribed date and time will not be eligible for the admission procedure.
- The Rank list and counselling schedule (date/ time and cut-off mark ) will be available only on the Anna University website. The eligible candidates have to download the call letter to attend the counselling.
- Candidates will have to participate in the Document Verification, which will take place in the Institute.
- Counselling will take place at the Centre for Entrance Examinations and Admissions, Anna University, Chennai. Candidates must attend the counselling at their own cost and risk. Candidates who do not attend the counselling on the specified date and time cannot claim any right for admission.
Hence, these are the complete details of the Anna University Admission. Thus, candidates if you have any issues or doubts regarding the admission process, then you can comment on the section below.