Anna University Admission 2020: Anna University is one of the most prestigious institutions in the city of Chennai. It was established in the year 1978 as a unitary type of University. It offers higher education in the fields of Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Applied Sciences. The university was formed by bringing together four reputed technical institutions in the city of Madras namely College of Engineering, Alagappa College of Technology, Madras Institute of Technology, School of Architecture and Planning. The university has invited applications for admissions in various under graduate, post graduate courses for the academic year 2020-2021. The online registration for Anna University 2020 has been commenced from the 1st week of May, 2020 for admissions. Applications forms will be filled online except for MBA, MCA, MS by Research and P.hD courses for which the application forms are required to be submitted to the university.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Anna University Admissions 2020 Eligibility
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for a particular course before applying for admission in that very course. Candidates who are eligible for a particular course will be proceeded for the further admission process. The eligibility criteria for various courses is different according to the course. The eligibility criteria for appearing for TANCET 2020 is that the candidate should have completed graduation from a recognised university with a minimum of 50% marks (for the general category). Candidates should either have completed 10 + 2 + 3 years of Education or B.Pharm/ B.Arch/ B.Tech/ B.E or 10 + 2 + AMIE or 10 + 3 years Diploma + AMIE. Candidates who have appeared for their final examinations are also eligible to apply; also there is also no upper age limit for attempting TANCET. Students who have completed their qualifying degree through distance or weekend mode are not eligible to apply.Anna University also offers admission under the sponsored category (candidates belonging to Government Aided Institutions/ Government Organisations). Such candidates must have at least five years of work experience in the related field along with a valid score in TANCET. Application form for ME/ M.Tech courses can be filled online by visiting TANCA portal on payment of INR 500 (INR 250 for reserved categories) as application fee. TANCET and GATE category candidates need to apply separately.
Read about Anna University Distance Education 2020
Anna University Admissions 2020 Dates
Anna University has released its Application forms for the year 2020-2021. The Application forms are available on the official website of Anna University. Candidates can go to the official website of the university to download the application forms.Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before hand. They need to make sure that they fit into the eligibility criteria for the particular course/ courses they wish to apply to. Below are the important dates regarding the Anna University Admissions 2020.
|Online registration begins||1st week of May 2020|
|Last date of registration||Last week of May,2020|
|Release of Admit cards||1st week of June,2020|
|Entrance Exam||4th week of June,2020|
|Announcement of Results||1st week of July,2020|
Steps to Apply for Anna University Admissions 2019
Candidates who wish to apply for admissions in Anna University for the academic year 2019-2020 can go to the official website of Anna University to fill the application form under the Download Application form section. Candidates need to check the required eligibility for a particular course before filling up the forms. The application form could be filled only on the official website of Anna University and will not be available to the candidates through any other medium. Candidates need to fill the application forms carefully and submit the required application fee before final submission of the forms. Below are guidelines for filling up the Anna University application form for the academic year 2020-2021.
- Visit the official website of Anna University that is annauniv.edu or that of TANCET 2020 examination.
- Register as new user using the online registration link and providing details such as name, email ID, password and other required details.
- Fill the Application forms by re-logging into the registration tab using the username and password.
- Fill all the required details and also upload a recent coloured passport sized photograph.
- The application fee has to be paid either online through ATM cum Debit card/ Credit Card/ Master card or through a Demand Draft through the offline mode.
- Download completed application form along with the unique TANCET application Number and keep it safe for future reference
- Please note that you will have to upload scanned copies of Class 10th or equivalent mark-sheets, Class 12th mark-sheet or a copy of 3 years Diploma Certificate, Copy of the Demand Draft if application and a self-attested copy of the Caste Certificate (if required) along with your TANCET application form.
Anna University Entrance Exam Pattern
TANCET is an entrance exam conducted for getting admissions in Anna University for the academic year 2020-21. Candidates who wish to take admission in Anna University need to clear the TANCET. The results of the TANCET exam will be released a few days after the exam will be conducted. The TANCET Exam for the session 2109-2020 will be conducted on 4th week of June, 2020.
TANCET Examination is conducted in offline mode in the form of pen and paper exam way on an OMR Sheet. The questions are objective type, multiple choice questions. There are four choices for every question and candidates have to choose the right option. There are 100 questions each carrying 1 mark thus total marks are 100. Time duration for the TANCET examination is 120 minutes (2 hours). The is also negative marking of 1/3 marks for every wrong answer. There is no negative marking for unattempted questions though.The examinations in divided in to five sections namely Reading Comprehension,English Comprehension, English Grammar and Usage , Analysis of Business Situation , Quantitative Ability and Data Sufficiency.
Anna University Result 2020
Anna University will declare the results for the Entrance exam. Candidates can check the entrance exam results on the official website of Anna University. Anna University will release a separate merit list for every course.Candidates can check the same by entering their “ Application Number “ and “Password”. Candidates whose names will be present in the merit list of a particular course will be called for the counselling round. In the counselling rounds ,candidates will be allotted seats according to their score in the entrance examination. Candidates who do not attend the counselling on the specified date and time cannot claim any right for admission at a later date. The Results list and counselling schedule (date,time and cut-off mark) will be published on the Anna University web portal only. All the eligible candidates should the Counselling letter from Anna University Web portal only.
Anna University Admission Counselling 2020
Candidates who clear the Anna University Entrance Exam 2019 will be invited for the counselling round of Anna University Admission 2020. Candidates have to attend the counselling round in order to proceed with the admission process. The Candidates who miss the counselling round shall be granted admission later. Candidates are advised to choose their counselling centres carefully during filling up of the form. Below are some important guidelines for Anna University Counselling 2020-
- Candidates will be allotted seats through counselling. More number of candidates than the actual seats available will be called for counselling. The number of candidates allotted will be depending upon the seats available ,based on the merit of the candidates as per their rank following communal reservation.
- Anna university will conduct counselling for admission in all the offered courses. If a candidate has deposited all the certificates in an institution in which he /she has already been admitted, a letter from the Head of the Institution should be brought to that effect. In such case only, attested copies of certificates may be considered for verification. Seats will be allotted only when all the original certificates are produced.
- The provisional rank will be published in Anna University website.
- Candidates who do not attend counselling on the prescribed date and time cannot claim any right for admission at a later date and their names will be removed from merit list.
- Rank list and counselling schedule (date/ time and cut-off mark ) will be published only on the Anna University web portal only. All the eligible candidates should download the “Intimation of Counselling “ (Call Letter) from Anna University Web portal.
- Eligible candidates who have applied and whose marks are as specified or above the cut-off mark called for counselling, may appear with their original certificates.
- College and branch will be allotted only through counselling as per their rank following communal reservation. Counselling will be held at Centre for Entrance Examinations and Admissions, Anna University, Chennai. Candidates should attend the counselling at their own cost and risk. Candidates who do not attend the counselling on the specified date and time cannot claim any right for admission at a later date.