BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020: BITS, Pilani conducts the Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT) every year. The test is generally taken for the selection of the students into its 3 campuses i.e Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. Unlike every year, this year also thousands of candidates will appear for the exam. But not all students can apply for BITSAT 2020. In order to apply for the exam, candidates have to fulfill certain BITS, Pilani eligibility criteria for B.Tech 2020. There are certain parameters sets for the BITSAT eligibility. Those parameters are age, qualifying exam, nationality, subject combination in the qualifying exam and percentage in the qualifying exam, etc. Check the complete BITSAT 2020 eligibility through this article.
Check Eligibility For BITSAT Exam
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
Look into the table to have the view of what all eligibility criteria are needed in order to apply BITSAT 2020.
|Age||There is no age limit for BITSAT|
|Nationality||Indian and Foreign Students|
|Subject Combination in Qualifying Exam|
|Passing status about 10+2||Candidates who are appearing in their 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2020 or have passed their qualifying exam in 2019 will be eligible for BITSAT 2019|
|Direct Admission to Board Toppers||Candidates who will obtain first ranks in their respective Central and State boards in India for 2020 will be given direct admission to the programme of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2020 scores.|
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria-Key Points
- Candidates must have the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics for B.Tech programme in their 10+2. For B.Pharm candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- As an aggregate of 75% is required i.e taking the three subjects together( Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology)
- Individually 60% mark is required in each of the three subjects.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2020 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2020 test.
- If candidates have more than one attempt in 10+2 then the latest performance will take place.
Candidates who are not eligible for BITSAT 2020 –
- Students who have passed 12th examination in 2018 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2020.
- Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2020
Direct Admission To Board Toppers
There is the direct admission provision in BITs campus. Institute assured the guaranteed admission to all the students who obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations. This provision attracts many students towards BITs. Thus students who secure the first rank from the state and central board in India for the year 2020 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2020 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
BITS 2020 Programme
There are three campuses in which various engineering courses are provided. As per the campus look into the courses:
BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus
B.E. in Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing
BITS Pilani, K.K. Birla Goa Campus
B.E. in Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical
BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus
B.E. in Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing