BITSAT 2020: BITS Pilani will conduct the BITSAT exam for the session 2020-21. BITS Admission Test is a university level entrance exam which is held every year for the intake of candidates. It offers various Integrated First Degree Programmes such as B.Tech, B.Pharm. BITSAT registration process will tentatively start in the month of January 2020. In order to appear in the exam, candidates have to apply online for BITSAT 2020. There are three campuses of BITS for which the students are selected i.e Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
Check Eligibility For BITSAT Exam
The entrance test will be held online in various centers across the nation. Candidates as per the preference and convenience have to book the slot to give the exam. The process of slot booking has to be done before seeking the admit card. Read the official notification before filling the application form so that you can get the information in detail. After clearing the cut off marks, the candidate will be called for counselling. Further, check BITSAT eligibility, registration process, exam date, login, etc. from the article given below.
BITSAT Courses As Per The Campus
BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test. It is India’s highest-ranked Non-Govt. institute as per QS BRICS, QS Asia, and QS India. It is a Deemed University which offers admission in various programs. Candidates can check the B.Tech programs available in the different campuses through the table given below.
|Pilani Campus||Goa Campus||Hyderabad Campus|
|Chemical||Mechanical||Electronics & Instrumentation|
|Civil||Electronics & Instrumentation||Chemical|
|Computer Science||Electronics & Communication||Mechanical|
|Electrical and Electronics||Computer Science||Electrical and Electronics|
|Manufacturing||Electrical and Electronics||Computer Science|
|Electronics & Instrumentation||Chemical||Electronics & Communication|
BITSAT 2020 Exam Date
|BITSAT Registration 2020 start||1st week of January 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of March 2020|
|Application correction date||4th week of March 2020|
|BITSAT exam center allotment||4th week of March 2020|
|Slot booking process||1st week of April 2020|
|BITSAT admit card||2nd week of April 2020|
|BITSAT exam date||Last week of May 2020|
|Scorecard available||Last week of May 2020|
|Apply for Admission on the basis of 12th marks start||2nd week of May|
|Waitlist will be available||2nd week of June 2020|
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria
In order to submit the online form, candidates should meet the eligibility of BITSAT 2020 in the first place. The eligibility criteria is a standard which all candidates should fulfill so that they can apply for the exam. Candidates meeting the conditions such as educational qualification, percentage, etc. can fill BITSAT online form. The authorities will not accept the form of a non-eligible candidate under any situation. So, make sure that you possess the qualification before filling BITS admission form 2020. Moreover, candidates can check BITSAT eligibility criteria below.
BITSAT Educational Qualification
- Passed class 12th in 2019 or will appear in the final exam in 2020 or equivalent from a recognized Board.
- There should be subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology and adequate proficiency in English.
- Obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology subjects. And 60% marks in the individual subject.
Note: Mathematics is for B.Tech students and Biology is for B.Pharm students. Chemistry and Physics are compulsory subjects. In order to choose the stream candidates have to make a decision between mathematics and biology.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
- First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2020 will get direct admission to the program of their choice.
- The admission will be irrespective of the candidates’ score in BITSAT 2020.
BITSAT Application Form 2020
- BITSAT registration form will be available at www.bitsatadmisssion.com tentatively in the 2nd week of January 2020.
- Make use of the correct details while filling the application form of BITSAT 2020.
- The details such as Name, Parent’s Name, Address, Education details, etc. are important to apply for BITSAT admission.
- Check the website in a regular manner in order to get the updates from time to time. We will also update the link of BITSAT online admission form when it will be available at the official website. Submit the application as soon as possible so that you will not face the last minute rush. After filling the form, make payment of the BITSAT application fee using the available modes.
- A sample of BITSAT online application form with details is available below.
After completing the BITSAT Application process, candidates have to make the application fee payment. Application fee differs as per the gender which is shown below:
- Male candidates – Rs.3150
- Female candidates fee –Rs.2650
- Applicants opting Dubai as exam centre – Rs.5600
Candidates can pay the fee through the online mode via credit/debit card or net banking. Payment can also be done through cash in the branches of the ICICI bank.
BITSAT Exam Pattern
BITSAT exam pattern reflects the subjects from which the question will be asked and gives information about the marks and duration. Exam pattern will help the candidates to score good marks in BITSAT 2020.
|Exam Date||May 2020|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English|
|Types of Questions||MCQ|
|No. of Questions||150|
|Medium of Language||English|
|Marking Scheme||Correct answer 3 marks|
Incorrect answer -1 marks
The questions will be from subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, and Mathematics. The question paper will consist of 4 parts and each part will have different no. of questions. However, there is no time limit for individual parts of the test hence candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers. Look into the table for more information.
|Part I||Physics||40||3 Hours|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency|
(b) Logical Reasoning
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus reflects the topics as per the subject which is important for the exam. Before starting the preparation, candidates should refer to the BITSAT Syllabus 2020. The syllabus of BITSAT is designed considering the chapters of class 11th and 12th. So, have a look at it in order to get to know about the easy, moderate, and difficult topics. Candidates can download detailed BITSAT physics, chemistry, maths syllabus pdf in online mode. There will be topics from Physics, Chemistry, English, Logical Reasoning, and Maths.
- Physics: Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, etc.
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, atomic structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibrium, Hydrogen and s-block elements, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, etc.
- English Proficiency: Grammar, Vocabulary, Analogy, Reading Comprehension and Composition.
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal reasoning – Classification, Analogy, Logical Deduction – Reading Passage, Chart Logic ETC. Nonverbal reasoning – Pattern Perception, Figure Matrix, Paper Cutting, Rule Detection, etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Linear Programming, etc
BITSAT Slot Booking 2020
BITSAT Slot Booking link will activate within a few days of the completion of the application process. Candidates have to exercise slot booking of BITSAT 2020 for the purpose of generation of the admit card. While slot booking a candidate has to reserve exam date as well as slot so that they can take them as per their convenience. The details such as Registration number, password, etc. are important for BITSAT slot booking 2020. We will update the BITSAT slot booking 2020 date when the official notification will be available.
BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
BITSAT hall ticket will be available for download only for those who will book their test date and slot. The exam conducting body will activate the link of BITSAT admit card download at the official website. However, candidates will get the link to download BITSAT 2020 hall ticket on this page also. Candidates have to log in there account in order to access the admit card. There will be exam related details and hence check all the details printed on the hall ticket. If any candidate finds any error in the information then call to the helpline numbers. The admit card works as an identity proof of candidate thus it is important to carry the same in the exam hall.
BITSAT Test Centers
For the smooth conduction of the exam, the authorities will make various exam centers in India as well as in Dubai. Candidates will have to choose a BITSAT test centre of their preference so that they can take the exam. The test center of BITSAT is a venue where candidates have to reach for appearing in the exam. So, one should be very careful while selecting the BITSAT 2020 exam (test) center. Try to reach the exam center at least 1 hour before the reporting time in order to avoid any kind of issue. No candidate will get permission to appear in the exam at any other BITSAT exam centre than the one mention in the hall ticket.
BITSAT Score 2020
The score of BITSAT 2020 will be available on the screen after the completion of the test. Candidates will be able to know about the total correct answer, incorrect answer, as well as, score. In other words, candidates will get to know about the exam result on the same day. However, the concerned authority will release the merit list later which will decide the number of selected candidates. Candidates can visit the BITS website the next day to the exam so that they can take the printout of BITSAT scorecard.
BITSAT 2020 Result
The result will release in the form of BITSAT merit list which will have the names of the candidates eligible for admission. Candidates who will take the exam and want to apply for admission have to submit their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programs. The exam conducting body will prepare the merit list on the basis of marks obtained by candidates. BITSAT result 2020 will release online hence keep checking the website from time to time for the updates.
BITSAT Counselling (Iteration) 2020
After the declaration of the result, successful candidates have to participate in the counselling which is also known as BITSAT 2020 Iteration. It is expected that there will be five rounds of BITSAT counselling. Those who will qualify the exam and score the minimum marks required in the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of class 12th should submit the Admission application form with 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes within the prescribed date. The admission authority will inform about the dates after a few days of the exam. Further, the merit list for eligible will be prepared on the basis scores in BITSAT 2020.
BITSAT Cut Off
It is the first thing to remember because only such candidates will get admission who will clear BITSAT Cut Off 2020. The cut off is the minimum marks which a candidate has to score in order to qualify the exam. BITSAT cut off marks is different for different discipline hence you should have an idea of the cut off of stream you are going to select. BITSAT 2020 Cut Off will release later after the release of the merit list. Candidates can check the BITSAT previous year cut off in order to have a look at the qualifying marks of different programs.
NOTE – The details available on this page is as per the BITSAT 2019. The information will be updated after the release of BITSAT 2020 official notification at www.bitsadmission.com