The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is followed by certain patterns and norms and candidates are required to adhere to them while appearing for the BITSAT 2020 Examination. BITSAT Exam Patten 2020 is formulated by the BITS Exam Conducting Authorities. Candidates, while preparing for the BITSAT 2020 Exam, will be benefitted from the awareness of the BITSAT Exam Pattern 2020. The Exam Pattern for BITSAT 2020 includes Question Paper set up, Answering mode, Marking Scheme and so on. Acquaintance with the BITSAT Exam Pattern will help candidates in framing their study routine in a specific direction.
Check Eligibility For BITSAT Exam
In this article, read about the BITSAT Exam Pattern 2020, the mode of BITSAT Examination, Duration, Type of questions, Sections, Number of Questions, Marking Scheme and so on.
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2020 – A Brief Look
|BITSAT 2020 Exam||Details|
|Mode||BITSAT 2020 will be a Computer Based Standardized Test|
|Duration||The exam will be held for about 3 hours|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions|
|Sections||There will be four sections; namely, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology, and English|
|Number of Questions||There will be around 150 questions in total|
|Marking Scheme||Addition of 3 marks for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||There will be a 1 mark deduction for every wrong answer.|
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2020
BITSAT 2020 will be held online i.e. computer-based standardized test. Candidates who are going to be appearing in the BITSAT 2019 can expect two different papers.
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
- Physics, Chemistry, English and Logical Reasoning, and Mathematics.
- Physics, Chemistry, English and Logical Reasoning, and Biology.
Candidates can choose to appear in either of the exams, given they clear the eligibility criteria.
- Question Paper will contain 150 questions, which will be worth a total of 450 marks.
- Each question will have 4 options given corresponding to it. Candidates will have to select one out of the rest.
- The whole duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- Questions will be objective type only.
- Questions will be asked from 4 different sections, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, English & Logical Reasoning and Mathematics/ Biology.
- Physics and Chemistry sections will comprise of 80 questions, i.e. 40 each.
- Logical Reasoning & English will cover 25 questions, with 10 questions from reasoning and 15 questions from English.
- Mathematics/ Biology section will cover the remaining 45 questions.
- Each correct answer will carry an addition of 3 marks.
- Each wrong answer will cost a negative 1 mark.
- If any question is left unanswered, then no marks will be either added or deducted.
The BITSAT Exam Pattern 2020 is laid down below.
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|III a||English Proficiency||15||45|
|III b||Logical Reasoning||10||30|
BITSAT Syllabus 2020
|1||Units & Measurement|
|3||Newton’s Laws of Motion|
|4||Impulse and Momentum|
|5||Work and Energy|
|8||Mechanics of Solids and Fluids|
|11||Heat and Thermodynamics|
|14||Magnetic Effect of Current|
|1||States of Matter|
|3||Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure|
|5||Physical and Chemical Equilibria|
|8||Hydrogen and s-block elements|
|9||p- d- and f-block elements|
|10||Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons|
|12||Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen|
|13||Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry|
|14||Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry|
|3||Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry|
|4||Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry|
|7||Ordinary Differential Equations|
|1||Diversity in Living World|
|2||Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function|
|3||Genetics and Evolution|
|4||Structure and Function – Plants|
|5||Structure and Function – Animals|
|6||Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants|
|7||Reproduction and Development in Humans|
|8||Ecology and Environment|
|9||Biology and Human Welfare|
|10||Biotechnology and its Applications|
How To Prepare For BITSAT 2020?
Follow these BITSAT preparation tips 2020 mentioned below to know how to efficiently prepare for the examination.
- Be clear with the BITSAT Syllabus before starting with the BITSAT Preparation.
- Prepare a good timetable for each day. This will help the candidate manage time.
- Solve NCERT Books and both available sample papers and mock tests.
- Acquaint with the BITSAT Exam Pattern.
- Understand each concept and make notes on each topic.
- Eat healthy food and have a normal sleeping pattern during the exam preparation.
BITSAT 2020 Recommended Books