Bharathiar University Application Form 2021: The Admission Council of Bharathiar University will announce the official notification for Bharathiar University Application Form for admission into the following Post Graduate Degree/ PG Diploma Courses offering in the University Departments under various Schools for the academic year 2021-22. Students can check the details below. Therefore, the candidates who wish to pursue any degree/diploma PG course can apply for Bharathiar University 2021 Application Form from the official website b-u.ac.in.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Candidates can check the complete information of Bharathiar University PG Admission 2021 like a detailed application process, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, admit card release, result, etc through this page.
Bharathiar University PG Application Form
Bharathiar University offers a large number of postgraduate and doctoral programs. The Admission will be provided either on the basis of qualifying marks (direct admission) or as per the candidate’s performance in the written entrance examination that will be conducted by the university. Candidates applying for Bharathiar University MPhil / Ph.D. Application Form will have to appear in the written entrance test. The selection of candidates will be based on performance in an entrance test and in the qualifying examination (UG) up to V Semester / II year. The Entrance Test will be conducted in the university campus only. Further details are available in the prospectus & on the website.
Bharathiar University 2021 Application Dates
The Bharathiar University Degree Application Form is expected to be available soon. Therefore, the students who are applying for Bharathiar University Admission 2021 must check the important dates of the release of the online/offline application form. The university has not given the exact dates of the release of the application form. However, we can discuss the tentative dates of the release and sale of the application form of Bharathiar university. The tentative dates are given in the table below, however, the candidates must re-verify the dates from the official website.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Release of application forms (PG)||–|
|Last date to apply (PG)||–|
|Release of application forms (Ph.D.)||–|
|Last date to apply (Ph.D.)||–|
|Last date to apply (Distance Education)||–|
|Submission last date||–|
Bharathiar University PG Application Process
The aspirants desirous of obtaining admission into the PG Degree/PG diploma courses offered in the University Departments should apply for the same in the prescribed Application Form of Bharathiar University which is available in Bharathiar University, at a cost of Rs. 400/- to be remitted by a Bank of India Challan (into the General fund Account of Bharathiar University) or a demand draft of any Nationalized Bank, drawn in favour of the Registrar, Bharathiar University payable at Coimbatore.
SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs. 200/-provided they produce an attested Photocopy of his/her community certificate along with the request for application. The candidates shall send a self-addressed envelope (28 x 13 cms) affixing Rs. 60/- stamp along with a request. Applicants can also download the application form from the web site and submit the filled-in application along with a DD for Rs. 400/- as Registration fee (Rs. 200 /- for SC / ST candidates) by means of a Demand Draft drawn in favor of, The Registrar, Bharathiar University payable at Coimbatore.
Bharathiar University Offline Application Form 2021
The students can obtain the Bharathiar University Degree Application Form and prospectus offline in person on payment of Rs 150/- in the form of Demand Draft (DD) [or] by means of challan at Bank of India, Bharathiar University Branch only. The application form and the hall-ticket shall be completed in all respects and sent to professor and Head, Department of Bharathiar University Coimbatore – 641 046
- The applications shall not be sent to the Registrar.
- Applications received after the due date will be rejected.
- Students can also apply for various courses through online.
- However, fee in this regard will be accepted only through Bank draft or Bank of India challan as indicated above.
Candidates who are eligible and willing to apply for admission to more than one PG degree and PG diploma courses shall submit separate applications for each and every course. Application made for admission to one course will not be considered for any other course.
How to Apply for Bharathiar University?
The aspirants can apply and fill the Bharathiar University MPhil application Form by doing the registration process. The university offers the provision of both online as well as offline registration. Students can enroll online at the official university website and give the mandatory fee through accessible payment manners.
- Candidates may gain the application form personally from university office paying Rs.300 to be forwarded by a Bank of India Challan (into the General Fund Account of Bharathiar University) or a demand draft of any National Bank. Demand Draft (DD) should be taken in aid of the Registrar, Bharathiar University and payable at Coimbatore.
- In the event of SC/ST applicants, the fee is Rs. 150 provided they yield a proven Photocopy of community credential accompanied by the request for the application.
- Candidate means to also refer to a valid envelope (28 x 13 cms) fixing Rs. 60 stamps accompanied by the application form
- Candidates may also download the application form available at the university website and submit it upon completion accompanied by a DD for Rs. 300/- as Registration fee (Rs. 150 for SC / ST candidates)
Application forms together with the hall-ticket, completed in every manner, must reach the below-given address on or before the last date of the form submission:
Professor and Head,
Coimbatore – 641 046
List of Documents to be enclosed with the offline Application Form
- SSLC Mark Sheet
- HSC Mark Sheet
- Degree Mark Sheets
- Community Certificate
- Provisional / Degree Certificate (if already qualified for degree)
- Certificate of extra-curricular activities, if any
- Certificate of disablement (for disabled students)
There is also a provision for the online registration and Online filling of the Bharathiar University Application Form 2021. Applicants can also go in to online for admission to the university courses through the official university website. Applicants ought to hold the succeeding pre-requisites while registering online:
- Valid E-mail ID.
- Soft Copy Passport size Photograph
- Demand Draft of INR 300/- as application fee for OC / BC / MBC / DNT candidates.
- Demand Draft of INR 150/- as application fee in case SC / ST candidates, on the production of attested photocopy of community certificate.
- After applying online, the applicant must download the system made a printout of the application, and send it together with the demand draft (DD) taken in support of The Registrar, Bharathiar University, payable at Coimbatore. Candidates must also confer proven copies of Certificates affecting age, educational qualifications & Community certificates.
- The print out of completed applications together with the brochures cited above should be directed through Post in a closed envelope superscribed as “Application For admission to Post–Graduate / PG Diploma Courses “ to the following address:
Prof & Head
Coimbatore – 641 046, Tamilnadu
Bharathiar University Distance Application Form
The students can obtain the Bharathiar University Distance Education application form by post enclosing a Bank Challan or Demand Draft for Rs 200/- and a self-addressed envelope of size 30 X 24 cm and sent to the Director, SDE, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. Else, the application form and prospectus can be obtained in person on payment of Rs 150/- in the form of Demand Draft (DD) [or] by means of challan at Bank
of India, Bharathiar University Branch only. The School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, or The Spot Admission cum Learning Centres (SALC) / Information cum Spot Admission Centres (ISAC).
How to Submit the Distance Education Application Form?
The applicants must submit duly filled in application forms with all enclosures or send the same by post to The Director, School of Distance Education (SDE), Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – 641 046 (or) the Coordinator of any Spot Admission cum Learning Centres / Information cum Spot Admission Centres.
Enclosures to be attached with the Application Form
- A demand draft / Bank of India, B.U. Branch Challan for the 1st Installment or full fee prescribed drawn in favour of the Director, School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University payable at Coimbatore. If the application form is downloaded from the University Website, enclose a Bank of India Challan or Demand Draft for the cost of application form separately.
- Attested photocopies of certificates pertaining to the qualifying examination passed.
- A recent passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) photograph pasted on the first page of the application form.
- Equivalent certificate obtained from the Association of Indian Universities, if the candidate has graduated from a foreign university.
- The overseas students seeking UG admission have to furnish (1) Address Proof, (2) Attested copy of passport, (3) Authentication letter from Embassy to this university.
- Produce service / bonafide certificate to avail working concession for press, media, police, defense, RAF/ CRPF & teacher candidates.
Selection Procedure for Admission by Entrance Test
The selection will be based on the marks scored by the candidates in the entrance test and the average of marks secured by them up to 5th Semester/ll year of their UG degree course of study. For other courses, candidates will be admitted directly. The weightage will be as follows:
- Entrance Test= 60 Marks
- UG Course of study (up to V Sem. / ll year)= 40 marks
- Total= 100 marks
The total marks scored up to 5th semester of study (if it is semester pattern) or upto ll year of study (if it is an annual pattern) in the UG degree course in all subjects other than i) part l / ll Languages and ii) subjects like General Knowledge, NSS, irrespective of the candidate appearing for April 2018 examinations or already qualified for
the award of degree, shall be reduced to 40 marks.
The provisional list of selected/waitlisted candidates will be put up in the notice boards of the respective departments within fifteen days after the date of the entrance test.
The selected candidates shall be required to surrender their original Transfer Certificate, Conduct Certificate Community Certificate, Mark sheets, (SSLC, HSC, Degree) Provisional / Degree Certificates and a set of attested Xerox copies of all the certificates and remit the prescribed fee on or before the last date indicated in their admission card.
- The applicant must have passed the UG program with at least 55% aggregate marks in a relative field and subjects.
- Certain relaxations will be given to the reserved categories as per the regulations of the government of India.
- For the M.Ed. the programme, a B.Ed degree will be preferred. However, BA with education-related fields is also eligible.
|Backward Caste||26.5% + 3.5% (Overall)|
|Backward Caste Muslim||3.5%|
|Most Backward Caste||20%|
|SC/ST||15% +3% + 1%|
Bharathiar University Course Fee 2021
Bharathiar University annual fee for some of the UG and PG courses is mentioned in the table below:
|Course||Annual Fee (in Rs)|
|MCA (Differential Fee Structure)||42, 440|
Bharathiar University Seat Intake 2021
Every year, the University admits more than 1600 students. Course-wise seat intake is mentioned below:
|MCA (Differential Fee Structure)||40|
PG Diploma Seat Intake
PG Diploma program has a seat intake of 245 students. The seat intake for each specialization is given in the table below:
|Guidance and Counselling||50|
|Insurance and Logistics||20|
|Nano Science and Technology||10|
For the following courses, provisional admissions will be made directly based on the academic performance in Under Graduate Courses. However, in the case of a large number of applications, the University reserves the right to conduct entrance examinations or counseling.
Admission through Entrance Test
For the Following courses, admission will be made based on the Entrance test and marks secured in UG courses as indicated earlier.
Note: MBA & MCA Admission are through TANCET and Centralized counseling conducted by the Government College of Technology, Coimbatore.
Spot admission is done for all courses in the office of the School of Distance Education at Bharathiar University campus/ SALC / ISAC. For spot, admission the candidates must submit the duly filled in application form along with all relevant certificates in original, their photocopies, Bank Challan, or Demand Draft for the course fee in full or its first installment and get admitted. The original certificates will be handed over / sent to the candidates immediately along with the provisional admission intimation and the identity card duly signed by the Director of the School of Distance Education.
If the student had earlier been a student of School of Distance Education and had discontinued for, whatever reason, he/she is eligible for re-admission into the second/third year respectively, on payment of a re-admission fee of Rs 650/- along with 2nd / 3rd year Course fee and Other fees. Re-admission is possible only for the courses which are
currently offered by the School of Distance Education.
Direct Admission to Second or Third Year of Study
If a candidate had already studied first year or second year in a fulltime programme in a college affiliated to Bharathiar University or a recognized University, he/she is eligible
for admission directly into the second or third year of the corresponding programme of the School of Distance Education on payment of direct admission fee of Rs 1300/-. along with
1st-year course fee. Discontinued Transfer Certificate should be submitted at the time of admission. Direct admission will be made only to the courses which are currently offered by the School of Distance Education. The syllabus in vogue will be applicable to the students admitted directly to the 2nd or 3rd year and exemption will be granted
for the equivalent subjects already passed.
Students undergoing regular courses in colleges can seek admission, if eligible, to UG / PG / Diploma / PG Diploma programmes offered by the School of Distance Education concurrently. Such applicants are required to submit a bonafide student certificate along with the application. Subjects common for the two programmes, if any, will be considered for granting exemption as per rules.
Bharathiar University Scholarships 2021
The University offers scholarships on merit and needs basis. Below-mentioned are the scholarships offered by the University.
- Government of Tamil Nadu Post Matric Scholarship: This scholarship is given to the top scorers of the exams and who have secured a minimum of 75% of attendance in the previous year. The annual income of the family should be less than Rs 1 lakh to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Higher Educational Special Loan Scholarship: This scholarship is given to the candidates availing the hostel facilities of the University. Candidates whose annual family income is below Rs 50,000 are eligible for this scholarship.
Entrance Exam Pattern
Total Number of Questions: 60 (MCQ Type, 1 mark each)
Duration of the test: 90 Minutes
The weightage will be as follows
- Entrance Test – 60 Marks
- UG Course of study (up to V Sem. / 2nd year) – 40 Marks
- Total – 100 marks
Bharathiar University 2021 Hall Ticket
Candidates who have successfully filled the Bharathiar University PG Application Form will have to sit for the entrance test. They must have a hall ticket with them in order to appear in the exam. The Bharathiar University Hall Ticket 2021 containing the date, time, and venue of the entrance test will be sent to the candidates by the respective HODs by a certificate of posting so as to reach the candidates at least 5 days before the date of entrance test. Candidates who do not receive the hall-tickets in time may contact the respective HODs and obtain the same.
Bharathiar University 2021 Result
The students who have given the Bharathiar University Entrance Test 2021 can check their results online. The Bharathiar University PG 2021 Result comprises of the marks and the ranks secured by the candidate in the entrance exam. Candidates who appear in the exam can check their result of Bharathiar University from this page by entering the required details such as registration number, date of birth, and security code. The rank list has been prepared on the basis of the Bharathiar University PG 2021 Result and is released by the admission authorities of the University. Only the qualified candidates are called to attend the counselling process at the counselling venue. The candidates are allotted the seats on the basis of choice filled by the candidates, ranks, and availability of seat in the institute.
Bharathiar University 2021 Application Form Overview
|University Name||Bharathiar University|
|Helpline||022 3205 7022|
|Address||Chitra Apartment, Laxmibai Education Trust, Door No. G – 4, Near Chate Coaching Classes, Gokuldas Pasta Lane, Dadar East, Mumbai – 400014|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. P. Kaliraj|