Pondicherry University Entrance Exam 2020: Pondicherry University grants admission into various Post-graduate (PG) courses and doctoral courses. The University conducts an entrance examination in order to offer admission to the doctoral & PG courses. Pondicherry University offers admission in various disciplines, such as Science, Engineering, Commerce, Arts, Law, Technology, Medicine, and Management. So, the desiring candidates can appear for the entrance examination if they wish to seek admission into Pondicherry University.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
This article will guide you on the release of application form for the entrance examination, important dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, etc. So, if you wish to know more, keep on reading the article.
Pondicherry University 2020- Dates
Here are the tentative dates of the entrance examination conducted by the Pondicherry University. There is no official notification regarding the dates as of now. However, we will update here as soon as the University releases it. Until then, refer to the dates given below.
|Release of Application Form||Last week of March 2020|
|Last Submission Date of Application Form||1st week of May 2020|
|Admit Card Release||3rd week of May 2020|
|Entrance Examination||Last week of May 2020|
|Announcement of Result||2nd week of June 2020|
|Commencement of Counselling||Last week of June 2020|
Pondicherry University Application Form 2020
The University will release the application form on the official website. All those who want to study at Pondicherry University must fill the application form and submit it before the last submission date. Here are a few points regarding the Pondicherry University Application form 2020. Hopefully, it will solve all your doubts regarding the form.
- The tentative date of the release of the application form is in the last week of March 2020. Candidates can fill the application form till the 1st week of May 2020. After this date, no forms will be accepted by the University.
- The application form will be available in the online mode.
- There are various steps involved in filling the application form. The candidate must follow each and every step in order to successfully submit the application form.
- For clear instructions to fill the form, go through the prospectus.
- The Candidates have to fill a separate application form for each programme if they wish to apply for various courses.
- If you are in the category of Defense Personal, then you need to submit the filled-in form at the address given below.
The Assistant Registrar (Academic-Admission),
R.V. Nagar, Kalapet, Pondicherry-605014
The payment of application fee can be done in offline or online mode. Online payment can be made via debit card/credit card/net banking. And, the offline payment can be done through the bank challan. Read the below points to get an idea about the application fee.
- For PG courses: The General Category candidates have to pay Rs. 400 while the reserved category has to pay Rs. 200. Any candidate who belongs to the Transgender or Physical Handicapped category are exempted from paying the application fee
- For Ph.D.: General category students need to pay Rs. 600 (Rs. 300 for reserved category). The candidates belonging to the Transgender or Physical Handicapped category are exempted from paying the application fee
- For MBA: Rs. 1000 for General category candidates while Rs 500 for SC/ST candidates. However, the candidates belonging to the Transgender or Physical Handicapped category are forbidden from paying the application fee
Pondicherry University Semester Application Form
The University will release the Semester Online Application Form for appearing the exams. The PU Semester Exam Application Form will be available on the website for each semester. Candidates have to download the semester form and submit to the University Administrative Office along with the documents. However, the candidates must submit the form before the due date along with the fees.
Eligibility Criteria for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam 2020
Eligibility Criteria is set by the University. The criteria decides if the candidates can fill the application form or not. In this section, we will talk about the eligibility criteria for different courses. This will help the candidates to figure out if they are eligible for the course or not.
Criteria for PG Courses
The below points will tell you if you are fit for applying to the Pondicherry University PG courses.
- The candidate must have finished a Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) from a known University
- Candidates must be passed the qualifying exam with 50% marks
- All those who are in the last year of the Bachelor’s degree can also apply
Criteria for Ph.D. Courses
If you are willing to apply for a Ph.D. course, then go through the pointers given below in order to find out if you are eligible or not.
- The candidate must have passed a Master’s Degree from a well-known University
- The qualifying marks are 50% aggregate in the previous examination
Criteria for Integrated Courses
Any candidate who wishes to study the integrated courses must possess the following criteria.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination from a well-known Board or University
- 50% marks must have been scored by the candidate if he wishes to be eligible for the course
- Those candidates who are appearing this year can also apply for this course
Pondicherry University Entrance Exam Syllabus 2020
The syllabus contains the topics on which the examination is based on. The conducting body will release the official syllabus PDF on the website of Pondicherry University. Candidates can access the syllabus from there and begin their preparation. However, until the university releases the official syllabus, you can check the syllabus from the article further. If there are any changes, we will update it here.
M.Sc. (Chemistry) Syllabus
The syllabus consists of various topics from subjects, such as Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, English, and Reasoning.
The candidates who are going for MBA courses have to study subjects like Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation, General Reasoning, General Awareness, English Comprehension, etc.
For M.Com (Business Finance/ M.Com. Accounting and Taxation)
All those who are going to study the above-mentioned course have to cover topics from subjects, such as Statics and Business Economics, Costing, Organization, Banking, and Accounting.
For M.A. Tamil
The M.A. Tamil syllabus contains subjects like Tamil Language and Literature, Reasoning, and English.
Pondicherry University Entrance Exam Pattern 2020
All those who are appearing in the entrance examination must note down the Exam Pattern in order to secure good marks. The exam pattern contains details, such as the marking scheme, total number of questions, duration of the examination, etc. Read the below pointers to understand the Pondicherry University exam pattern 2020 in detail.
- The Pondicherry University entrance examination will take place in online mode
- Question Paper will contain a total of 100 marks
- Multiple-choice questions will be asked in the question paper
- Candidates will get 2 hours (120 minutes) to solve the paper
Pondicherry University Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
In order to qualify the entrance examination, the candidates must prepare well. Therefore, we have written some preparation tips to help the candidates to score good grades. Read the below points to learn some easy tips and tricks.
- Make sure you are well-versed with the entrance exam syllabus.
- Every student must clear their concepts first.
- Practice previous years’ question papers/ Pondicherry University model papers
- Try to finish the syllabus weeks before the entrance exam date. Learning something new just before the exam won’t help but create more confusion.
- Take the help of online educational applications and videos. Audio/Visual media creates more impact on a person. Therefore, the candidates can get a better idea of the topics with the help of online videos.
- In order to ease your work, we advise you to make a plan. Divide the topics or units for different days and study accordingly.
Pondicherry University Entrance Exam Admit Card 2020
The University will release the admit card of the entrance examination in online mode. Candidates can access their admit cards from the official website of Pondicherry University. The Pondicherry University Entrance Exam Admit Card 2020 is said to release in the 3rd week of May 2020.
Only those candidates will be able to obtain the admit card who has successfully submitted the Application form. Therefore, ensure that your application process is complete. Admit Card is an important document. Without it, you won’t be able to sit in the examination hall.
Pondicherry University Examination Centres 2020
The University conducts the entrance examination in various cities. So, the candidates can select the city according to their preference and give the exam. It is advisable to pick the city that is closer to your residential area. This will make it easier for you to reach the examination venue. Here is a list of all the exam centres.
- New Delhi
- Srinagar (J&K)
Pondicherry University Entrance Exam Result 2020
The result of the entrance examination is said to release in the month of June 2020. Pondicherry University results will decide if the candidate has qualified the examination or not. The candidates can view the result on the University website. In order to view the result, the candidates will have to certain steps. The steps for the same are given below.
- Head to the Pondicherry University website.
- Go to the Admission Portal.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Click on the ‘View Result’ section.
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download it for further use.
Pondicherry University Entrance Exam Counselling 2020
All the qualifying candidates can register themselves for the counselling procedure. The registration of counselling can be done via online mode. The candidates must note that it is important to register for counselling.
All the registered candidates will be called for the counselling process. On the basis of availability of seats and the preference, the candidates will be given seats.
NOTE: Group Discussion & Personal Interview will take place for the candidates seeking admission into MBA, LLB, and various other courses.
Pondicherry University Dress Code
Well, there is no specific dress code for the students. You can wear anything to the classes, however, it should be decent. Girls can wear t-shirts and trousers for classes. However, on special occasions, students from other countries can wear their respective traditional dresses.
Pondicherry MBA Students Dress Code
Candidates who are studying MBA have a strict dress code. They must wear formal trousers and shirts (Male and Female Students). The faculties might give grades as per their dress code.
List of Colleges affiliated with Pondicherry University
There are several colleges that are affiliated with Pondicherry University. Candidates can pick the colleges that they like and pick the course of their choice. Go through the list below to know more.
- Achariya Arts and Science College
- Achariya College of Education
- Alpha College of Engineering and Technology
- Achariya College of Engineering Technology
- Avvaiyar College of Engineering and Technology for Women
- Arutperunchothi Ramalingasammy College of Education
- Alpha College of Education
- Achariya School of Tourism and Hotel Management
- Bhavani Ammal Memorial Teacher Training Institute
- Bharathiar Palkalaikoodam
- Co-operative College of Education
- Dr. SJS Paul Memorial College of Engineering and Technology
- Dr. Kalaikannan College of Education for Women
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Government Law College
- Dr. Anbu Paul Teacher Training Institute
- Dr. Anbu Paul College of Education
- Divine Mother College
- French Institute of Puducherry
- Indirani College of Nursing
- Immaculate College of Education for Women
- Idhaya Arts and Science College for Women
- Kasturba College College for Women
- Kanchi Mamunivar Centre for Post Graduate Studies
- Loyala Institute of Teacher Education
- Manakula Vinayagar Institute of Technology
- Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences
- Pope John Paul II College of Education
- Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences- College of Nursing
- Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences
- Mother Theresa Postgraduate and Research Institute of Health Sciences
Other Puducherry Colleges
- Pondicherry Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Pondicherry Engineering College
- Raak Nursing and Paramedical College
- Regency College of Education
- Rajiv Gandhi College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
- Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering and Technology
- St. John S. Post Graduate Institute of Information Technology
- St. Anne’s College of Education and Research Centre
- Sri Sai Ram College of Education
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Nursing College
- Saradha Gangadharan College
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital
- Sabari College of Nursing
- Sri Ganesh College of Engineering and Technology
- Sri Balaji Law School
- Shree Sathguru Engineering College
- Senthil College of Education
- Sabari College of Education
- TVR College of Education
- Tagore Government Arts and Science College
- Villianur College for Women
- Venkateswara College of Education and Teacher Training Institute
- Vector Control Research Centre
- Vasavi College of Education
- Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Government College
- Regency Institute of Technology
- Helen Keller’s Institute
- Tagore Government College of Education
- Regional Medical Research Centre
- Jawaharlal Nehru Rajkeeya Mahavidyalaya
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands Institute of Medical Sciences
- Krishnasamy Institute of Teacher Education for Women
- Krishnasamy College of Education for Women
- Mahatma Gandhi Government College
- Arignar Anna Government Arts and Science College
- Amarnath College of Education
- Bharathiar College of Engineering and Technology
- Christ College of Engineering and Technology
- Don Bosco College of Education and Research Institute
- Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Perunthalaivar Kamarajar College of Education
- Sri Venkateswara College of Education
- Vignesh Teacher Training Institute
- FOSTIIMA Business School
- FOSTIIMA Business School
- Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital
- Mahe Co-operative College of Teacher Education
- Mahe Co-operative College of Higher Education and Technology
- Rajiv Gandhi Ayurveda Medical College
- Mahe Co-operative Centre for Information Technology
- Sree Narayana College of Education
If you have any doubts regarding the information given above, feel free to comment down below. We will help you as soon as possible.