We have jotted down a few AIIMS PG 2020 Preparation Tips for you. These tips will help you in scoring good marks. Thus, ultimately you will qualify the AIIMS 2020 PG Entrance Exam. This entrance exam takes place twice a year (In January and July session). In addition, it will be in online mode. Moreover, it is for admission in AIIMS institute for MS/MDS/M.Ch/DM/MD courses. Thus, it is important for the aspirants of these courses to give this examination. The three main subjects that have to be covered are Clinical, Preclinical and Paraclinical. Furthermore, for AIIMS Post Graduation 2020 Preparation Tips and complete exam pattern, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
AIIMS PG Preparation Tips 2020
AIIMS PG 2020 Question Paper will have multiple-choice questions. It will have 200 questions in total for MD/MS and MDS. The time duration for completing MD/MS and MDS will be 3 hours. AIIMS PG Paar Registration has begun from the 6 July, other dates are not released. So, keep checking our site for updates. Candidates should note that there will be negative marking. Thus, you should be completely prepared for the exam. You can follow the below-given tips for qualifying AIIMS Post Graduation 2020 Exam.
|AIIMS PG 2020 Admission Events||Dates Scheduled (January Session)||Dates Scheduled (July Session)|
|Starting Date of the Online Registration Form||6th July 2019 (Released)||To be announced|
|Closing Date of the Online Registration||To be announced||To be announced|
|Last Date to Submit the Documents||To be announced||To be announced|
|Checking the Status of the Documents||To be announced||To be announced|
|Last Date of Receiving the Application Form(recommended and forwarded as No-Objection)||To be announced||To be announced|
Check- NEET 2020 Important Chapters
AIIMS DM/MCh (3 Years)/MD (Hospital Admin)
|Events||January Session 2020||July Session 2020|
|Entrance Examination (Stage 1)||3rd November 2019||4th April 2020|
|Result||7th November 2019||9th April 2020|
|Departmental Assesment (Stage 2)||18th to 20th November 2019||21st to 23rd April 2020|
|Final Result||26th November 2019||1st May 2020|
AIIMS PG (MD/MS/M.Ch/DM/MDS) – 6 Years
|Events||January Session 2020||July Session 2020|
|Stage I Entrance Examination||17th November 2019||3rd May 2020|
|Result||22nd November 2019||8th May 2020|
|Departmental Assessment – (Stage II)||–||–|
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam Hacks 2020
- Time Management – It is the key to crack any examination. If you are able to manage time well during preparation then the result will definitely be fruitful. For this, you can set short term goals. Make sure that you achieve them within the time frame you have given yourself.
- In-depth knowledge of Exam Pattern – If you understand AIIMS PG MD/MD/MDS Exam Pattern well that would really help. You will exactly know what all to do and in which order. It will help you in setting your priorities right. So, if you are still not through that, then go through AIIMS PG 2020 Syllabus PDF.
- Mock Tests – There are a lot of mock tests available online. They are excellent for practicing and finding your weak areas. Candidates should even time themselves while solving these. These will also help you out in figuring out the exact pattern of the exam. You can easily understand the standard of questions that would be asked. Make sure that you practice as much as mock tests possible.
- Notes – Do not forget to make proper notes while studying. You can highlight important details in that. This will make your revision process much easier and fruitful. It will also reduce all the hustle which arises while finding a piece of particular information or topic from the pool of study material.
- Following good study material – Candidates should study from the best of books. You can even study online, just make sure that the material provided is genuine. Some of the books may lack a few essential details. Therefore, choose your reference books and study material source wisely.
AIIMS 2020 Post Graduate Syllabus
AIIMS 2020 PG Syllabus consists of all the topics, which has to be covered. The three core subjects to be covered for this exam are Clinical, Paraclinical and Preclinical. For knowing the topics covered in these subjects, refer to the table given below.
Moreover, you can also check the Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation Tips.
All the courses have their respective syllabus. It will be covered during the PG courses in AIIMS institutes. The below-given table can be referred for knowing course wise syllabus.
|MD (Doctor of Medicine)||MS (Master of Surgery)||MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)|
Best Books for AIIMS PG MD/MS/MDS 2020
Below is a list of books that can be referred for AIIMS Post Graduate Exam 2020. These books have written a lot of success stories. They have just the right amount of information. Thus, you will study more efficiently with them. These have been around for quite some time and have been loved by every student. They are written in easy to understand language. Before starting the preparation process, make sure that you have the right book.
- Handbook of General Anatomy by BD Chaurasia
- Textbook for Microbiology by CP Baveja
- Ghai Essential Pediatrics by Vinod K Paul
- Essential Orthopaedics by Maheshwari
- Harrison’s Principle of Internal Medicine by Dennis Kasper et al and Dan L. Longo
- Bailey & Love’s short practice of surgery – Volume 1&2 by P Ronnan, Norman Williams and Andrew McCaskie
- A disease of ear, nose, throat, neck and neck surgery by PL Dhingra and Shruti Dhingra
Furthermore, there are a lot of books that consist of previous year question papers. Hence, you can even pick those for better results. The more papers you will solve, the better you will get at this. Therefore, make sure that you are solving a lot of papers.
Q1. Is it important to do mock tests while preparing for AIIMS PG 2020?
Ans. Yes, as it will give you a brief idea about the exam pattern. You can also find your weak areas following this.
Q2. What to do to keep my mind calm while preparing for AIIMS Post Graduate Exam 2020?
Ans. You can go for meditation and can even exercise for that matter. It will shift your mind from the usual grind.
Q3. Do I need to solve AIIMS PG Previous Years Question Paper?
Ans. Yes, it will help you in understanding the standard of questions asked and exam pattern.
Q4. Does AIIMS conduct PG 2020 Entrance Exam once in a year?
Ans. No, it is conducted twice in a year. In January and July session.