AFMC MBBS Counselling 2021: Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) carries out the counselling rounds. The AFMC NEET Admission 2021 includes ToELR, Document Verification, PAT, Medical Exam, and Interview Round. The Mode of Counselling is conducted in Offline mode. We shall be discussing all the rounds in detail. The selection of the applicants is done on the basis of the NEET 2021 Scores. The AFMC MBBS Counselling 2021 has around 150 seats reserved for the candidates. After the release of the merit list, the counselling process starts. For more details about the counselling process and the seat allotment, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
AFMC MBBS Counselling
Candidates whose name is listed on the merit list are shortlisted for the Screening Round/ Counseling Round. The AFMC MBBS 2021 Counseling Round includes the ToELR Round (Test of English Language Comprehension, Logic, and Reasoning) followed by Document Verification Round, Psychological Assessment Test, Medical Examination, Personal Interview by Board Of Officers. The AFMC NEET Counselling is conducted for 150 seats. The Counseling Round takes place based on ranks secured by the candidates in the Merit List. Separate counseling is held for the waiting list candidates.
Online Application release date
|– To Be Announced –|
Last date to submit the application form
|– To Be Announced –|
The Release of Merit List
|– To Be Announced –|
Screening at AFMC (Counselling)
|– To Be Announced –|
|Final Shortlisted Candidate’s List||– To Be Announced –|
|Screening of Shortlisted, Waitlist||– To Be Announced –|
|Reporting the Institute||– To Be Announced –|
|Commencement of Classes||– To Be Announced –|
Highlights of AFMC MBBS Counselling 2021
- The Counselling Process of AFMC MBBS 2021 is conducted by the Indian Armed Forces.
- The Counseling is held offline which means that the candidate has to report the allotted venue at a particular date and time.
- Candidates whose name is included in the Merit List are called out for the AFMC MBBS Counseling Round 2021.
- The Candidates have to score the minimum required cutoff marks in order to get admission to the college.
- The Armed Force Medical College Pune, Counselling Round includes ToELR Round, PAT, Document Verification, Medical Round followed by an Interview by the Board of Officers.
- The Marks scored in NEET 2021 and ToELR are added and shall be divided by 4.
- The Interview Round carries 50 marks. The Interview Mark is also included with the result. These marks are considered as the final marks for the admissions to AFMC MBBS.
What is ToELR in AFMC MBBS Counseling 2021?
ToELR stands for Test of English Language Comprehension and Logic and Reasoning. This is a Computer Based Test (CBT) comprising of 40 questions. The Total Marks of the Test are 80 marks and there is a negative marking of 0.5 marks. The Total Time Duration of the Test is 30 minutes.
AFMC MBBS 2021 Steps to determine Final Score
The steps to determine AFMC MBBS Counselling 2021 Final Score is as follows-
|NEET 2019 Score||720 marks|
|ToELR Score||80 marks|
|Total Score||800 marks|
|Revised Candidate Score = Total Score/4||800/4 = 200|
|Scores of the Personal Interview (PI)||Score out of 50|
|Final Candidate Score (Revised Candidate Score +Score in PI)||Score out of 200+50 = Score out of 250 marks|
AFMC MBBS Counselling 2021 CutOff
The Cutoff is the minimum set marks that are set by the conducting body to select the eligible candidates. The cutoff marks for AFMC UG Counseling 2021 are different for all the categories. Candidates scoring more than the cutoff marks shall be eligible for the further rounds of the admission procedure-
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off Marks||Boys||Girls|
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off 2019||580/720 (expected)||577/720 (expected)|
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off 2018||551/720||551/720|
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off 2017||570/720||600/720|
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off 2016||498/720||536/720|
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off 2015||478/720||537/720|
|AFMC MBBS Cut-Off 2014||487/720||536/720|
AFMC MBBS Counselling Procedure 2021
- Candidates must report at the allotted center. The counseling round takes place in two sessions.
- The Reporting Time for the AFMC 2021 Screening Process is 8:00 Hours and 12:30 Hours.
- Candidates have to undergo document verification first, followed by blood/ urine investigations, ToELR and PAT, and Interview Round at last. These admission processes are done on the same day.
- The Medical Examination is held on the next day. The Screening Process takes place for two days.
- Request in the Change of Interview Dates shall not be entertained except under exceptional circumstances.
The Screening of AFMC Counseling 2021 includes-
Identification and Verification of Documents
- Test of English Language Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (ToELR)
- Psychological Assessment Test (PAT)
- Interview by the Board of Officers.
- Medical Examination and Medical Board
AFMC NEET MBBS Merit List 2021
The AFMC MBBS Rank List indicates the names of the students eligible for counselling. Only the students whose names are mentioned in this list shall be eligible for counselling. In addition, this list helps the authorities in segregating students on the basis of merit. Therefore, the students are called for counselling as per this list. This list is published on the official website of AFMC. It shall be available in PDF format. The students thus can check out the list easily. It may not be available in any other mode.
AFMC Pune Counselling 2021 Procedure- In Details
Candidates who are selected have to report to the center, and the counseling session takes place in two rounds. The Counselling Round is further conducted in the following order-
For the Morning Session
- The Document Verification Round start at 8:00 am in the morning.
- Blood and Urine Investigation
- The interview Round starts at 2:00 pm. This Round will be taken by the Board of Officers.
- The Medical Examination take place the next day at 8:00 am
AFMC Counseling 2021 Schedule for the Afternoon Session
- The Document Verification start from 12:30 pm
- Blood and Urine Investigation
- Interview by the Board Of Officers takes place at 9:00 am on the next day.
- The medical Exam takes place at 2:00 pm
AFMC NEET MBBS Counselling Rounds – In Details
The AFMC Pune conducts certain rounds for the selection of deserving candidates. Other than the NEET 2021 Scores, the Institute also conducts some separate tests about which we shall be discussing in this section-
ToELR means Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logical, and Reasoning. This is a Computer Based Test.
Exam Pattern of AFMC MBBS 2021
- It is a Computer Based Test (CBT)
- The Question Format is Objective Type
- A total of 40 Questions will be available.
- Each Question carries 2 marks
- Total Marks of the CBT is 80 marks
- A negative marking of 0.5 marks is done for the wrong answers
- Total Time Duration of the Exam is 30 Minutes
The Marks obtained in AFMC Pune, ToELR is added to the NEET Scores. Candidates must note that these marks are not displayed on the merit list. This is a general test and the question level shall be easy. The Question Paper comprises 10 marks in English Comprehension, 30 marks Synonyms, and Mathematical Questions.
Psychological Assessment Test
This is just a General Test. There shall be 60 Questions and you have to rate them between 1 to 5. The complete report of this test is presented to the Panel at the time of the Interview. In short, this is a type of Personality Test.
AFMC Interview Rounds
There shall be a total of two Interview Rounds- Interactive Interview rounds and Panel Interview rounds. In the AFMC Interactive Round, your NEET Scores, Marksheets, and Certificates are reviewed. The Board Panel asks a little about yourself and other interactive questions.
The same takes place in the Panel Interview Round as well. This Round is taken by the Dean of the Institute. Just be Yourself in front of him. The Interview Round shall be 50 marks.
AFMC 2021 Medical Examination
Soon after the CBT Test and Interview Round, the candidates have to undergo a Medical Examination. The AFMC MBBS Medical Examination comprises of the following tests-
- The Applicants must be free from any serious deformity such as Skeletal Deformities
- No impediment of Speech
- The Candidate must not have any Functional or Organic Disease of the Heart or Blood Vessels.
- Should have No Fistula or Evidence of Piles
- No disease of Kidneys or Skin
- There must be no latent, active, or congenital STD/HIV
- No History of Epilepsy or any Mental Disorder
- There must be no Squint or any morbid condition of the eye and eyelids
- There should be no active trachoma or its complications
- No, Enlarge Glands (Lymph Nodes) in the neck or any other parts of the body.
- Applicants must have no pulmonary tuberculosis or any other chronic disease.
- No Disease in the Digestive System, Inguinal Hernia, or any other disease in the genital organs
In short, the candidates must be physically fit. Candidates who are found to be medically unfit will have an option to appeal to the Medical Board of AFMC, Pune within 24 Hours. The fee charges for making an appeal is Rs 40/-.
AFMC MBBS Counselling 2021 – Seat Matrix
As we have already mentioned, the AFMC Pune has 150 Seats available for admission. Hence, here we have provided the number of seats that are available for each category. Note that on the day of counselling, the authorities allot seats on the basis of the seat matrix only.
|Type of the Candidate||Number of Seats Reserved|
|Sponsored by the Ministry of Home Affairs||5|
|Total Seats||150 Seats|
Documents Required for AFMC MBBS Counselling 2021
Candidates must bring the following documents at the time of the counselling. Candidates must bring the original as well as the photocopy of the documents. The documents must be self-attested. Candidates who fail to bring the documents shall not be eligible to appear in the AFMC MBBS Counselling Round.
- Matriculation Pass Certificate and Birth Certificate
- Mark Sheets of Class 10th and 12th (if applicable)
- Certificate from the School principal of the candidate has appeared and passed or appeared and awaiting the result in 10+2 Examination as a regular candidate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Service Certificate from Children of Service Personal signed by CO Unit/ Higher Formation. For Retired Person: Ex-Serviceman Identity Card/ Discharge Book and PPO.
- Sports Certificate/ Level of Representation
- Certificate for Medical Fitness in the Application Form
- NCC Certificate (if any)
- Certificate of Extra-Curricular Activities and Level of Representation.
- Character Certificate duly signed by the School/ College Principal.
- Colored Photographs of the candidate with white background.
- Printed Copy of AFMC Registration Slip.
- NEET 2021 Admit Card
- Aadhaar Card
- A demand draft of Rs 250/- in the name of “DGAFS Admission Fund” payable at Delhi.
If some of the seats are vacant in Armed Force Medical College, Pune then separate counseling is held for the waiting list candidates. If your name is on the AFMC Merit List, then you shall be eligible for the counseling.