NEET Exam Dates 2021: The exam dates are announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Thus, the complete schedule of the exam activities is published on the official website of NTA NEET 2021. However, the Directorate General of Health (DGHS) releases the counselling schedule. Further, candidates appearing for the entrance exam should have knowledge of the exam schedule. The Application Form is expected to be out in December 2020. Moreover, 02nd May 2021 is the tentative NEET 2021 exam date. To know more about the NEET Exam Dates 2021 and other details related to it, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NEET Exam Dates 2021
The NEET 2021 Exam Dates will be further announced soon. However, here we have provided a tentative schedule. It will be updated as soon as the authorities will release the official notification.
|Application forms available online||– January 2021 –|
|Deadline to fill the Application||– February 2021 –|
|Deadline to pay the Registration Fee||– February 2021 –|
|Correction window for the Application Form||– 3rd week of February 2021 to last week of February 2021 –|
|Release of Admit Card||– 4th week of March 2021 –|
|NEET Exam Date||– May 2021 –|
|Release of provisional Answer Key||– May 2021 –|
|Release of Final Answer Key||– June 2021 –|
|NEET Result||– June 2021 –|
NEET 2021 Counselling Dates
The counselling is the last and final round of the admission process. Only the merit list students can participate in the rounds of counselling. Moreover, the seats are allotted to students after the counselling only. Furthermore, it is conducted in a number of rounds. The rounds of counselling continue until all the seats are allotted to students. Candidates should further have knowledge of the NEET 2021 Counselling Schedule. Thus, the dates of counselling rounds are mentioned in the table given below.
|Round 1||Online registration||Second week of June 2021|
|Choice filling||Second week of June 2021|
|Deadline for the counselling fee||Third week of June 2021|
|Deadline for choice filling||Third week of June 2021|
|Result||Last week of June 2021|
|Reporting to the college allotted||Last week of June 2021|
|Round 2||Seat matrix for round 2||First week of July 2021|
|Online registration||First week of July 2021|
|Choice filling||First week of July 2021|
|Deadline for the counselling fee||Second week of July 2021|
|Deadline for choice filling||Second week of July 2021|
|Result||Second week of July 2021|
|Reporting to the college allotted||Second week of July 2021|
|Transfer for All India Quota seats to state counselling||Third week of July 2021|
|Counselling for Central, Deemed, AFMC, and ESIC)|
|Mop-up Round||Seat matrix||Second week of August 2021|
|Online registration||Second week of August 2021|
|Choice filling||Second week of August 2021|
|Deadline for the counselling fee||Third week of August 2021|
|Deadline for choice filling||Third week of August 2021|
|Result||Third week of August 2021|
|Reporting to the college allotted||Third week of August 2021|
|Transfer of seats to respective institutes||Third week of August 2021|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021
These are the eligibility conditions which candidate must satisfy for being eligible to get admission. The NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria is further prescribed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates should carefully check out the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Only the students who fulfill all the conditions should fill the application form. The application forms of candidates failing to do so will get rejected by the authorities. Furthermore, the eligibility conditions which each candidate must satisfy are as follows:
- Applicant should have passed class 12th from a recognized board. In addition, the candidate should have passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate should have further studied Biology/ Biotechnology in class 11th and 12th.
- Moreover, the nationality of the candidate must be Indian, OCI, and NRI
- The candidate should have further completed 17 years of age as of 31st December of the admission year.
- Further, as per the new regulations, the candidates above 25 years of age are also eligible to appear for the entrance exam.
- The minimum aggregate marks are further 50% for General Category, General PwD – 45%, and 40% for reserved category students.
Candidates who satisfy all these eligibility conditions are further to apply for NEET 2021 Examination. In addition, students should also have relevant documents to prove that the details they have provided are correct. Candidates who do not provide the required documents lose out their seats to other deserving candidates.
NEET Application Form 2021
NEET application form 2021 is released in online mode and thus candidates have to visit the official website of NTA. Candidates first have to complete the registration procedure before filling the application form. The applicants have to enter credentials to register successfully. In addition, the applicants should keep the registration ID and password safe to further login successfully.
Further, after completing the registration process, start filling the application form. Candidates have to provide personal, educational, and contact details while filling the application form. Further, ensure that you provide the correct information only. If any of the information is found to be incorrect at later stages. Then the applications of such candidates are not accepted.
NTA NEET Important Details
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Examination Level||National Level|
|Category of the Examination||Undergraduate|
|Purpose of the Examination||Admission to Medical, Dental, and AYUSH Courses in India (except AIIMS and JIPMER)|
NTA NEET Preparation Tips
Candidates should follow a proper plan if they want to clear NEET 2021. Thus, some of the preparation tips are provided below. Candidates should follow these tips and tricks to clear the entrance exam successfully.
- The standard of the questions shall be the same as that of class 11th and 12th. Thus, the students should start the preparation from the NCERT Books. Make sure that you are through NCERTs. Only then move on to other references or help books.
- Further, try to refer to only a limited no. of reference books. As the concept is explained differently in all the books. Then that can cause confusion. Hence, try to refer to at max. 2-3 books only.
- In addition, make a plan of action. As you should know how much time you are supposed to finish a particular topic or subject. In this way, you can work more efficiently.
- Make proper notes while studying. These notes come in handy during revision.
- Furthermore, devote at least 5-6 hours to study every day.
- However, make sure that you engage yourself in other activities as well to divert your mind. You should do meditation and some physical exercises to calm your mind.
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
The NEET 2021 Exam Pattern gives you a brief idea about the pattern which is followed for preparing the question paper. Candidates should have knowledge of the exam pattern. It helps in the preparation process. Further, the exam pattern of this national level exam is as follows:
- The NEET Exam is a pen and paper-based exam.
- There are 180 questions in the question paper
- Candidates get 3 hours to complete the paper
- In addition, there are 3 sections, i.e of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Zoology & Botany).
- Further, there are 45 questions in each section except Biology. There are 90 questions in the Biology section (Zoology (45) & Botany (45)).
- The question paper is of 720 marks in total.
- NEET Exam Paper comes in English and Hindi Language. However, it is released in 8 other regional languages as well.
- Furthermore, the exam takes place in one shift only.