There were major changes that were announced by the NTA. The JEE Main 2019 will now be conducted not just once but twice in an academic year. Candidates will also have to take the exam in the computer-based mode. There is no offline mode to take the NTA JEE Main 2019. The NTA announced that some of the elements of JEE Main 2019 will remain the same as the syllabus and exam pattern. But apart from this, there was no other significant and detailed information released by NTA.
|Jee Main Event||Article|
|JEE Main 2019 Complete Details||Click Here to View|
|JEE Main 2019 Application Form||Click Here to View|
|JEE Main 2019 Exam Dates||Click Here to View|
|JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria||Click Here to View|
|JEE Main 2019 Notifications||Click Here to View|
|JEE Main 2019 Syllabus||Click Here to View|
|JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern||Click Here to View|
|JEE Main 2019 Preparation Tips||Click Here to View|
|JEE Main 2019 Slot Booking||Click Here to View|
|JEE Main 2019 Books||Click Here to View|
Changes announced for JEE Main 2019 under NTA
- A Student can take both the JEE Main 2019 exams or just one. In case the candidate takes both exams, the score of the best one will count.
- NTA JEE Main 2019 will be conducted twice in a year – In January and in April.
- The Exams will be held for a period of 4-5 days and students will be able to book a slot for the same.
- The Exams will be held only in computer-based mode. There will be no pen and paper-based mode of exam.
Anticipated changes of JEE Main 2019
If you too are thinking of what could be the anticipated changes in NTA JEE Main 2019 that are likely to be announced in the coming months, then you can check a few changes that have been listed below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Mode of exam
- The HRD minister clarified that JEE Main 2019 will not be online but computer-based where candidates will have to answer in an already downloaded sheet. This has already created confusion among candidates as to what difference does an online and a computer based exam has.
- This decision to change the mode of examination will probe a problem for all students who have never taken a Computer Based test (CBT) before.
- With such problems at hand, we think that the switch to pen and paper based mode of NTA JEE Main 2019 is likely to take place. There is, however, no official notification released as of now regarding the same.
Number of slots
The National Testing Agency has announced the JEE Main will be conducted in 8 slots. Those who wish to take the JEE Main 2019 will first be required to book a slot from the ones available. But with the exam being conducted in only the computer based mode, it is quite likely that the number of slots will increase.
This leads to another problem where if the difficulty level of each slot has even little variation, the results will be impacted drastically. There is no officially announced news that normalisation procedure will be used for JEE Main 2019 but seeing the current scenario, it is expected that the normalisation procedure will be used in calculating the JEE Main Result 2019.
Syllabus and Exam pattern
Keeping in mind that the JEE Main aspirants include both the state board and CBSE students, it is anticipated that NTA JEE Main 2019 syllabus will change slightly to bring all candidates under the same platform.
Number of Attempts
With the NTA JEE Main being conducted twice in a year, the first question arises in a student’s mind is “what are the number of attempts to take JEE Main 2019?” Earlier a JEE aspirant could take a maximum of 3 attempts in 3 consecutive years. Now, with the new structure of exam under NTA, the Joint Entrance Examination Main will be conducted twice in a year; once in January and again in April. There is no notification released on this matter as of now, but one can say that the number of attempts now will be extended to 6.
What about the Architecture students?
There have been no announcement for candidates applying to B. Plan or B. Arch course through JEE Main 2019. The architecture candidates have a different exam pattern which includes drawing also. And since the NTA JEE Main 2019 will be completely computer based, a student is likely to ask, “how will I take the drawing exam in CBT Mode?”
In such a situation it is anticipated that Architecture aspirants will have to take the drawing test in pen and paper based mode only. Therefore, students applying for B. Arch/B. Plan course through JEE Main 2019 must prepare accordingly.