NTA JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2019 – All the candidates who are going to take the NTA JEE Main 2019 must first make sure that they are eligible to take the exam. The NTA JEE Main eligibility Criteria 2019 contains all the details that each aspirant must fulfill in order to fill out the NTA JEE Main Application form 2019 and eventually take the exam. The eligibility criteria are based on certain parameters like age, qualifying examination, qualifying year, subjects studied, etc. The National Testing Agency is going to conduct the JEE Main 2019 and will define the NTA JEE Main eligibility Criteria for all the candidates. Read the article below to know the various criteria that need to be fulfilled to take the NTA JEE Main 2019.
Are you up-to-date with the JEE Main 2019 Notifications or still wondering about the news released by NTA? CHECK the latest updates and news here
NTA JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have a look at the NTA 2019 eligibility criteria in detail before filling up the application form. All criteria must be fulfilled in order to take the exam. Given below are the main eligibility criteria to appear in the NTA JEE Main 2019:
- For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates.
- The candidates who have passed XII examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) examination – 2019.
- The candidates should satisfy themselves about the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE):
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in both January, 2019 and April, 2019 JEE(Main)-2019 Examination.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)–2019.
The number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination (QE):
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main)-2019.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are compulsory subjects. candidates must have one language subject and an additional subject (any other subject).
- The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE (Main)- 2019 and if such candidates appear in JEE (Main)-2019 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
NTA JEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria for Admission into NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs
Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board will be based on All India Rank subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12thclass examination.
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech. & B. Arch. /B. Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs shall be as under.
|Course||Required Criteria based on class 12th/ Equivalent Qualifying Examination|
|B.E./B.Tech.||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subject.|
|B.Arch/B. Planning||Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.|
Eligibility for Admission to Other Institutions: The above-mentioned policy could also be adopted by other Technical Institutions participating in counselling through JoSAA/CSAB. In case a State opts to admit students in the engineering Colleges affiliated to State Universities, the State may prepare separate rank list based on criteria decided by them.
Now that you’ve checked the JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria, proceed here to fill the JEE Main 2019 Application Form.
If you have any queries or suggestion related to the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2019, feel free to discuss with us in the comments section below.