Joint Entrance Examination Main 2019 will be conducted by National Testing Agency in the January and April 2019. The exam is conducted for all the engineering aspirants who want to seek admission in the NITs, the IIITs and the CFTIs that consider the JEE Main score to offer seats in B. Tech and B. Plan courses. The JEE Main 2019 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). It will be conducted in 2 papers – paper I and paper II. Candidates have to take the exam in computer-based mode only.
NTA JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern For January
Since the National Testing Agency will now be conducting the first JEE Main 2019 exam from 6th -20th January 2019, there must be confusion among the students regarding the change in exam pattern and syllabus of the exam. However, according to the official press note released on the official website of NTA, there is no change in the exam pattern and syllabus.
Know the entire JEE Main 2019 exam pattern here.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
- Papers – JEE Main 2019 will have 2 papers: paper 1 and paper 2.
- Mode – Paper 1 and 2 will be conducted in only computer-based mode. Paper 2 drawing test will be conducted in offline pen and paper-based mode.
- Duration – JEE Main 2019 will be held for a duration of 3 hours.
- Types of Questions – There will be only objective type questions in paper 1. In paper 2, Mathematics and aptitude section will have objective type questions and drawing test will have subjective type of questions.
- Number of Questions – Paper 1 will have 90 questions in total with 30 in each. Paper 2 will have 82 questions in total, 30 from mathematics, 50 from aptitude test and 2 questions of drawing test.
- Language – The language of the question paper will be English, Hindi, and Gujarati.
- Marking scheme – 4 marks will be rewarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern for paper 1
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Check the chart for visual Representation for Marks of each subject in Paper I!
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern for paper 2
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Check the chart for visual representation for marks of each subject in Paper II
NTA JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
Candidates must know the syllabus of JEE Main 2019 as they start preparing for the examination. The syllabus topics will be from Physics, chemistry, and mathematics studied in the 11th and 12th standard of CBSE, ICSE, and other state boards. Detailed JEE main 2019 syllabus for both the Papers is given below:
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus Paper 1
- Mathematics – Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Mathematical induction, Sequences and series, Integral calculus, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Vector algebra, Statistics and probability, Trigonometry, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Mathematical reasoning, Permutations and combinations, etc.
- Physics – Physics and measurement, Thermodynamics, Rotational motion, Laws of motion, Electronic devices, Oscillations and waves, Current electricity, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Optics, Electrostatics, Kinematics, Work, energy and power, Gravitation, Properties of solids and liquids, Kinetic theory of gases, etc.
- Chemistry – Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, etc.
Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Chemistry in everyday life, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, etc.
Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), D – and f – block elements, Environmental chemistry, Hydrogen, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus Paper 2
- Aptitude Test – Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials, Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings, Visualizing, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), etc. Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, etc.
Don’t Forget to ask us your queries in the comments section below! After checking out the preparation tips, make sure to fill the JEE Main application form HERE
To prepare efficiently for the examination, candidates must make sure that they go through all the below-listed preparation tips and qualify the examination with a good score.
- Firstly, Know the correct syllabus to gather the right study material.
- Prepare a timetable on a daily basis in order to manage time throughout the day.
- Take the mock test that will be made available online on the official website.
- Solve as many previous years question papers as you can.
- Understand the concepts and make short notes wherever possible.