UPSEE 2020: As per the latest news, UPSEE Exam Date 2020 has been revised again. Previously, AKTU has extended the registration link as well as the application correction link again. Check the details in the article. Are you planning to take the UPSEE 2020? If yes then you must start off by knowing that UPSEE stands for Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination. The exam is conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow. UPSEE aspirants must make sure to check all exam related information like UPTU 2020 exam date. The application form for the state entrance examination has been released on 27th January 2020. Eligible and willing candidates could fill the application form of UPSEE. The registration for UPSEE is over.
Check Eligibility For UPSEE Exam
- UPSEE/ UPTU Exam Date 2020 has been revised.
- UPSEE Application Form Correction Process Over
- UPTU 2020 Brochure
UPSEE 2020 Exam Dates
Check out important dates of the AKTU exam 2020 given in the table below. The official dates have been released.
|Release of the UPTU 2020 Application form||27th January 2020|
|Last date of the UPTU application form 2020||31st May 2020|
|Application form correction||till 3rd June 2020|
|Release of the Admit Card of UPSEE 2020||to be notified|
|Date of UPSEE 2020 for B.Tech (Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 & Paper 4)||20th September 2020|
|Publishing of the Answer Key||—|
|Announcement of Result||—|
|UPSEE Counselling date||—|
What is UPSEE?
- UPSEE stands for Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination.
- It is an undergraduate level entrance exam taken by lakhs of candidates every year for admission to engineering and technology, pharmacy, management courses.
- Regarded as one of the popular entrance exams, the UPSEE 2020 is conducted by UPTU (Uttar Pradesh Technical University) formerly called Abdul Kalam Technical University.
- There are 11 papers that are conducted under the UPSEE for different courses. This is the reason the entrance exam is conducted over a period of 8 to 10 days.
- All candidates who are from UP state and outside it must carefully read the UPSEE 2020 eligibility criteria that are listed differently for both these categories.
- The UPTU 2020 application form, admit card and result will be available online on the official website.
- The entrance examination will be conducted in both online as well as offline mode.
UPSEE 2020 Overview
|Full Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination|
|Common Name||UPSEE/ UPTU|
|Exam conducting Body||Abdul Kalam Technical University, UP (AKTU) Now Called Uttar Pradesh Technical University|
|Level of Examination||State-level Examination|
|Examination Category||Undergraduate admissions|
|Mode of Examination||Both Computer-based and Pen and Paper Based|
|Number of Questions||600|
|Counselling conducting Body||AKTU/ UPTU|
Eligibility Criteria of UPSEE 2020
UPSEE aspirants must make sure to fulfill all the eligibility criteria listed by the exam conducting body. Not fulfilling the eligibility criteria will lead to the cancellation of the candidature. Please note that although the UPSEE 2020 exam can be taken by only students from UP, there are also special eligibility criteria for students who are outside the U.P state.
Check the full eligibility criteria here:
There is no age limit to appear for UPSEE Exam 2020.
- For B Tech/B Designing, the candidate should have studied the necessary subjects like Physics and Mathematics. Along with them, candidates should have studied at least one among Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational Subjects.
- For B Tech in Biotechnology, candidates must have studied Physics and Mathematics/ Biology along with anyone among Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Technical Vocational Subjects.
- For B Architecture, candidates must have mandatorily studied Physics and Mathematics along with anyone among Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology/ Engineering Drawing / Technical Vocational subject.
- Applicants should have studied intermediate or 10+2 from UP Board or 10+2 board with maths and Physics as compulsory subjects and one of the optional subjects: Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- Candidates belonging to the general category should have scored at least 45% marks in their qualifying examination. SC/ ST candidates must have scored at least 40% marks.
- Candidates must have passed without grace marks in two compulsory subjects and one optional subject.
- Appearing candidates of 12th board exams in 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- If the candidate has passed the qualifying examination from outside U.P., he/ she has to produce a domicile certificate of his/ her parents (Father OR Mother only) at the time of verification of the document.
UPSEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria for NRI Candidates
NRI Candidates are entitled to 5% seats in both State-funded and Private Universities if they meet the minimum required eligibility requirements.
- The minimum requirement would be that the candidates must have passed 10+2 equivalent from outside of India with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Or have passed GCE Examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Higher Mathematics from London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka.
- In the case of Foreign Nationals/ PIOs/ CIWGC, the interested candidates should have passed 10+2 equivalent from outside of India with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The whole admission will be subject to the submission of a copy of a passport or equivalent.
UPSEE (UPTU) 2020 Application Form
After making sure that you are eligible to take the exam, you must make sure to fill and submit the UPSEE 2020 application form. UPTU Form 2020 is available from 27th January 2020. Candidates can find the application form filling link on the official website and fill the same in the correct procedure. UPSEE application form filling procedure will include steps like registration, form filling, uploading documents and payment of exam fee.
- The UPTU/AKTU 2020 application form fee has to be paid during the application fee procedure.
- Applicants have to pay the UPSEE 2020 Application Fee of Rs. 1300 (For Male/ Transgender of General & OBC) and Rs. 650 (For Female/ Physically Handicapped of all categories & SC/ ST category).
- This amount has to be paid via net banking, credit card, debit card, and e-wallets.
UPSEE 2020 Exam Centres
UPTU Entrance 2020 will take place in 41 cities inside Uttar Pradesh and 16 cities outside Uttar Pradesh. Check the list below.
|Cities In UP State|
|Kanpur Dehat||Lakhinpur Kheri|
|Cities outside UP|
UPSEE 2020 Admit Card
The UPSEE Admit card download option will be available on the official website of UPSEE. Candidates can access this admit card only in the online mode on the official website of UPSEE. Those who have successfully filled and submitted the application form will be able to download the UPSEE hall ticket 2020. Candidates must carry the admit card to the exam hall without forgetting. It will contain important information like the name of the candidate, exam venue name and address, date and timings of the exam. It is easy to download UPSEE (UPTU/AKTU) 2020 admit card, you just have to be ready with your application number, date of birth and password in order to view it online.
UPSEE Exam Pattern 2020
Since there will be a total of 11 papers, candidates must make sure to check the exam pattern of UPSEE of all papers of UPSEE. While you are at it, let us see what is the UPSEE 2020 exam pattern for each paper.
General UPTU/AKTU 2020 Exam Pattern
- There will be a total of 11 papers
- Paper 1,2,3,4 will be conducted in offline in OMR sheets.
- Paper 5,6,7,8,9,10,11 will be computer-based test (online).
- The Language of the question paper will be English and Hindi.
- Questions will be of objective type Multiple type questions.
- The exam will be held for a duration of 3 hours for Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3. For Paper 4, the duration of the exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The exam time for Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3 will be from 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM and the exam time for Paper 4 will be from 03:00 PM to 05:30.
- UPSEE 2020 question paper will contain a total of 150 questions and will be marked out of 600, and 102 questions in case of Paper 4. A Maximum of 500 marks can be scored by a candidate.
- 4 marks will be allotted for each correct answer. There is no provision for negative marking.
Paper-specific Exam Pattern
- Paper 1
- Candidates can take this paper for admissions in B. Tech. / B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)/ B.Des./B. Tech. (Bio-Technology)/ B. Pharm.
- It will contain 150 questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (50 from each subject).
- There will be a total of 150 questions, and the maximum marks scorable will be 600.
- Paper 2
- Those opting for B. Tech. (Bio-Technology) and B. Pharm must take paper 2.
- They will have to attempt 150 questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (50 from each subject).
- The maximum marks scorable will be 600.
- Paper 3
- This paper will be held for B Tech (agricultural engineering only).
- There will be 150 questions from AG-I, AG-II, and AG-III, and each subject will have 50 questions each.
- The maximum marks scorable will be 600.
- Paper 4
- This paper is exclusively for B Arch. and is known as Aptitude Test for Architecture and Design.
- There will be two parts in which this paper will take place. Part A will be an online test and the questions will be based on Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity.
- Part B will be an offline exam (pen and paper-based) and questions will be based on Drawing Aptitude.
- There will 100 questions (50 each) in the Part A exam and 2 questions in Part B exam.
- The maximum marks scorable will be 500.
UPSEE/UPTU Syllabus 2020
The next most important thing to note down after dates and exam pattern is the UPSEE syllabus. Every student who is doing preparation of UPSEE should check and note down the syllabus for UPSEE 2020 that will also be available in pdf format to be downloaded easily. The exam conducting body UPTU will release the syllabus on the basis of topics studied in the 11th and 12th classes. UPSEE syllabus 2020 will contain topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Agriculture, Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity, Reasoning & Logical Deduction, Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude, General Knowledge, English Language, computing language, etc.
UPSEE 2020 Answer Key
After the exam has been conducted, candidates can view the answer key. The answer key of UPSEE 2020 will contain all the correct answers to the questions asked in the examination. Like previous years, the answer key will be released in two parts. The first will be the provisional answer key and the second answer key released will be the final one. Candidates will have the opportunity to challenge the provisional UPSEE 2020 answer key if they are not satisfied with an answer. UPSEE 2020 students who have taken the exam must log in with their registered ID by entering their Username and password to view the answer key.
Seat Reservation of UPSEE Entrance Exam 2020
Some seats are reserved for UPSEE 2020 candidates who belong to certain categories. The seats allotted will be subject to verification of documents and only if the correct document is produced in this regard, the seat will be granted to the candidate.
|SC from UP||21%|
|ST from UP||2%|
|OBC from UP||27%|
Sub- Category Reservations
|Sub Category (Horizontal)||Category Code||Reservations|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters from U.P.||UPFF||2%|
|Sons/ Daughters of defense personnel of U.P. either retired (superannuated) or killed/ disabled in action or defense personnel posted in U.P./defence personnel domicile of U.P. & posted outside U.P.||UPAF||5%|
|Physically Handicapped / Disabled from U.P.||UPHC||3%|
|Female from U.P.||UPGL||20%|
UPSEE 2020 Result
The UPSEE aspirants who have taken the examination have to go to the official website to check the UPSEE result 2020. AKTU is the concerned body responsible for releasing UPSEE results. Candidates will be required to enter their exam roll number and date of birth to view their result. After the result is declared, a merit list will be prepared and candidates will be called for the counselling procedure based on their rank in the merit list. Check – UPSEE Previous Years Cut Off
UPSEE Counselling 2020
All those who are listed on the final merit list will be called for the UPSEE 2020 counselling and seat allotment procedure. Candidates will be able to check the merit list online and based on their merit, they will be allotted a seat in the affiliated institutes of AKTU. There will be five rounds of counselling of UPSEE 2020. Candidates who are participating in the counselling have to register themselves, pay the registration fee and upload scanned images as asked. After this, AKTU will verify the documents and students will be able to proceed with their online counselling where they must enter the choice of course and college. The exam conducting body will then allot a seat to the candidate and he/she will have to report to the Institute for further verification.
Branches Offered By AKTU Under Various Streams
The UPSEE 2020 is a state entrance exam taken by a majority of engineering aspirants and therefore there are a lot of options of branches that are open for the candidates to choose from. Check the list of all engineering branches offered by AKTU under various streams given in the table below:
|Applied Electronics & Instrumentation|
|Architecture Automobile Engineering|
|Building Engg. & Construction Technology (Architecture)|
|Chemical & Alcohol Technology|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Computer Science & Information Technology|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics & Telecomm Engineering|
|Electronics Instrumentation & Control|
|Electronics & Computer Engineering|
|Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|Instrumentation & Control|
|Interior Design (Architecture)|
|Industrial Production Engg.|
|Tech. Information Technology|
|Man Made Fiber Technology|
|Material & Metallurgical Engineering|
|Mechanical & Industrial Engineering|
|Production & Industrial Engineering|
List of Participating Institutes of UPSEE 2020
There are numerous colleges affiliated to the AKTU for admission to various courses. If you are particularly interested in Bachelors of Technology, then check the list of participating institutes of UPSEE 2020 given below:
- Harcourt Butler Technical University
- Krishna Institute of Technology and Engineering, Ghaziabad
- Kamla Nehru Institute of Technology, Sultanpur
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Noida
- Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow
- Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Ghaziabad
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, CSJMU, Kanpur
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak College of Engineering and Technology, Bareilly
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- Jaypee Institute of Information and Technology, Noida
UPSEE 2020 is one of the major state entrance examinations. In case candidates have any questions regarding the exam, they can leave a question in the comments below!