|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennett University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
UPSEE Exam Pattern 2020: Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) has formulated the Exam Pattern for the upcoming sessions of Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE). The Candidates who are planning to apply for the 2020 edition of UPSEE will benefit from the awareness of UPSEE Exam Pattern 2020. The Exam Pattern includes information regarding the UPSEE question paper set up, marking scheme, subject wise distributions of topics, exam timings and schedule and so on. The candidates should have an understanding of these pattern as this could prove instrumental in cracking the UPSEE 2020 exam. Other than that, the awareness of the UPSEE 2020 Syllabus will also benefit the UPSEE 2020 aspirants gravely.
Check Eligibility For UPSEE Exam
In this article, readers will learn about the UPSEE 2020 Exam Pattern, previous year section-wise distribution of questions and other important instructions.
UPSEE Exam Pattern 2020 – A Brief Look
|1||Mode of Examination||Paper 1, 2, 3, and 4 will be conducted offline in OMR sheet;|
Paper 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 will be conducted in online computer based standardized test
|2||Language of Exam||The UPSEE 2020 Examination will be asked in English and Hindi Languages|
|3||Type of Questions||Questions in UPSEE 2020 will be objective type multiple choice questions|
|4||Duration||The exam will be conducted in 3 hours|
|5||Total Questions||There is going to be 150 questions|
|6||Total Marks||Candidates can score up to 600 marks|
|7||Marking Scheme||4 Marks for every correct answer|
|8||Negative Markings||There will be no Negative Markings|
UPSEE 2020 Exam Pattern
- There will be a total of 11 papers
- Paper 1,2,3,4 will be conducted in offline in OMR sheets.
- The UPSEE Paper 5,6,7,8,9,10,11 will be computer-based test (online).
- Paper 1 shall be taken for admissions in B. Tech/ B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)/ B.Des./ B. Tech. (Bio-Technology)/ B. Pharm, and it will contain 150 questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (50 from each subject). There will be a total of 150 questions and the maximum marks scorable will be 600.
- Paper 2 will be the threshold for B. Tech. (Bio-Technology) and B. Pharm. Candidates opting for Paper 2 will have to attempt 150 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (50 from each subject). The maximum marks scorable will be 600.
- Paper 3 is to be taken for B Tech (agricultural engineering only). There will be 150 questions from AG-I, AG-II, and AG-III, and each subject will have 50 questions each. The maximum marks scorable will be 600.
- Paper 4 is exclusively for B Arch. and is known as Aptitude Test for Architecture and Design. There will be two parts in which this paper will take place. Part A will be an online test and the questions will be based on Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity. Part B will be an offline exam (pen and paper-based) and questions will be based on Drawing Aptitude. There will 100 questions (50 each) in the Part A exam and 2 questions in Part B exam. The maximum marks scorable will be 500.
- The Language of the question paper will be English and Hindi.
- Questions will be of objective type Multiple type questions.
- The exam will be held for a duration of 3 hours for Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3. For Paper 4, the duration of the exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- UPSEE 2020 question paper will contain a total of 150 questions and will be marked out of 600 and 102 questions in case of Paper 4. A Maximum of 500 marks can be scored by a candidate.
- 4 marks will be allotted for each correct answer. There is no negative marking.
Subject wise Distribution of Questions in UPSEE 2020 Exam
|Name of Paper||Course Name||Subjects||Questions||Marks|
|Paper 1||B. Tech.||Physics||50||600|
|Paper 2||B. Tech. (Bio-Technology)/ B. Pharm.||Physics||50||600|
|Paper 6||B.Tech. 2nd Year (for Engg. Diploma Holders)||Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|Paper 8||B.Tech. 2nd Year (for B. Sc. Graduates)||B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
UPSEE 2020 Syllabus
Physics Syllabus – Measurement; Motion in one dimension; Laws of Motion; Motion in two dimensions; Work, Power and Energy; Linear Momentum & collisions; Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis; Gravitation; Oscillatory motion; Mechanics of solids and fluids; Heat and thermodynamics; Wave; Electrostatics; Current Electricity; Magnetic Effect of Current; Magnetism in Matter; Electromagnetic induction; Ray Optics and optical instruments; Wave Optics; Modern Physics for the Physics Section.
Chemistry Syllabus – Atomic Structure; Chemical Bonding; Redox Reactions; Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics; Acid-Base Concepts; Electrochemistry; Catalysis; Colloids; Colligative Properties of Solution; Periodic Table; Preparation and Properties of the following; Thermochemistry; General Organic Chemistry; Isomerism; IUPAC; Polymers; Carbohydrates; Preparation and Properties Of the Followings; Solid State; Petroleum for the Chemistry Section.
Mathematics Syllabus – Algebra; Probability; Trigonometry; Co-ordinate Geometry; Calculus; Vectors; Dynamics; Statics for the Mathematics Section.
Preparation Tips for UPTU Exam
Since there is enough time left for candidates to prepare for the UPSEE 2020 Examination, candidates must make sure that they make this attempt count. Apart from the exam pattern and syllabus, candidates can follow the tips given below to prepare for the UPSEE 2020.
- Candidates must start off by making a timetable for each day. This will help the candidate to manage time.
- Know the full syllabus to gather the correct study material.
- Candidate must study from NCERT books and practice as many sample papers as possible.
- Take mock tests if available.
- After completing the syllabus, revise each and every topic from all the subjects.
- Learn each concept and understand it without mugging up for the exam.
- Eat healthy and stay hydrated.