UGC NET 2021: The National Testing Agency (NTA) released the notification on 2nd February 2021 on the official website. The UGC NET Exam will be conducted from 2nd May 2021 to 17th May 2021. Candidates can check the schedule below. The exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency on behalf of the University Grants Commission. The last date to submit the UGC NET Online Form has been extended to 9th March 2021. First it was 3rd March 2021. This exam takes place twice a year. The candidates, who want to retrieve the Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor or both can take UGC NET. This examination takes place all over the country. Every year, thousands of candidates take part in NTA NET 2021.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The candidates, who aspire to sit in the examination this year will have to fill the NTA NET 2021 Application Form which will release on its official website. The application form of NTA UGC NET for June was released on the 2nd of February 2021. The mode to apply for NTA UGC NET 2021 is online. However, candidates must satisfy the eligibility for UGC NET NET. Any ineligible candidate will not be able to fill the online form of UGC NET. The step of filling the form will lead one to the payment of the application fee.
- The National Testing Agency has announced the exam dates of the UGC-NET 2021 Exam on 2nd to 17th May 2021. The exam will be held on various dates. Check the official notification below. Visit the website for the latest updates.
UGC-NET 2021 Application Details
The fee payment will be a mandatory step. One is advised to prepare for the examination as per the prescribed syllabus for UGC NET. After the successful procedure of the submission of the UGC NET form, the authority will release the hall ticket which has to be brought to the examination hall. Following the release of the UGC NET Admit Card, the examination will be conducted leading to the results of the same. The cut off will be succeeding the result which will be structured on the basis of the marks one achieves in the examination. For more details related to the UGC NET 2021, go through the article below.
NTA NET Exam 2021 Date
The candidates, who aspire to sit in the University Grants Commission, National Eligibility Test for the session 2021 will have to keep themselves updated related to the UGC NET important dates. No candidate can afford to miss any of the dates. The official dates were announced by the authority in the month of December 2020. Have a look at the same:
May 2021 Session:
|Release of Official Notification||2nd February 2021|
|Application Form Release date||2nd February 2021|
|Last date to Submit Application Form||2nd March 2021|
|Last date to Submit Application Form with the fee||3rd March 2021|
|Admit Card date||To be announced later|
|UGC NET Exam date||2nd May to 17th May 2021|
|Answer Key Date||May 2021|
|Release of Result||June 2021|
|Release of E-Certificate and JRF Award Letter||To be announced later on the website|
June 2021 Session:
|Release of Official Notification||To be notified|
|Application Form Release date||To be notified|
|Last date to Submit Application Form||To be notified|
|Last date to Submit Application Form with the fee||To be notified|
|Form Correction Facility||To be notified|
|Admit Card date||To be notified|
|UGC NET Exam date||To be notified|
|Answer Key Date||To be notified|
|Release of Result||To be notified|
|Release of E-Certificate and JRF Award Letter||To be Notified Soon!|
UGC NET 2021 Application Form
The last date to submit the application form for the May session has is 2nd March 2021. The candidates will be able to find the online form of NTA NET on the official website of the examination conducting authority. This is to be noted that the form of NTA NET shall be available in an online mode only. In order to fill the application form, the candidates will have to open the UGC NET official website of the examination authority and then click on the link of the UGC NET application form. Post that, the candidates will be asked to enter the required details in the application form.
The candidates shall make sure that they are filling in the correct details in the form. Any incorrect detail can prohibit one from proceeding onto the next step of applying for the exam. The candidate will have to provide the eligibility details, personal details, etc in the application form.
After the candidate provides each and every detail in the UGC NET Registration form, he/ she will be asked to upload necessary documents. The candidate has to make sure that the documents he/ she is uploading are of the specifications as per decided by the authority. Following the upload of the documents, one will be asked to pay a certain amount of fee. The procedure of fee payment will be mandatory. The fee can be paid online as well as offline mode.
NTA NET Application Fee 2021
The application fee of UGC NET 2021 will have to be paid by the candidate. The candidate can pay the fee through online as well as offline mode. The fee can be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or E-Challan at the nearest bank (Syndicate Bank/ ICICI Bank/ Canara Bank). The fee criteria are summarized below in a tabular format:
Eligibility Criteria for NTA UGC NET 2021
One must make sure that he/ she is possessing enough eligibility for the examination. The eligibility criterion is mentioned below:
- The applicants must have pursued their degree of Master’s (in the field of Humanities, Social Science, Electronic Science, Computer Science, and Applications). The degree must have pursued by the university recognized by UGC.
- The candidates (belonging from the General Category) must have attained a minimum of 55% in the Masters. The degree must have pursued by the university recognized by UGC.
- One (belonging from the SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category) must have secured a minimum of 50% in the Masters. The degree must have pursued by the university recognized by UGC.
- General Category- Must not be older than 30 years.
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ Female Candidates- Must not be older than 35 years.
- There is no age limit for the candidates appearing for the role of Assistant Professor.
Note: The appearing candidates can also apply for the exams.
Eligibility Criteria for Assistant Professor-Exception
- The candidates must have passed NET/ SLET/ SET.
- Candidates, who have qualified the SET before 1st June 2002 will be prohibited from appearing in the exam.
- One, who have passed the UGC/ CSIR/ JRF before the year 1989 will be prohibited from appearing in the exams.
- One, who has pursued Ph.D. by a UGC will be prohibited from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/ SET/ SELT for appointment as Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
Number of Attempts
- There are no such restrictions to attempt for UGC NET.
Hall Ticket of NTA NET 2021
The hall ticket of NTA UGC NET for the May Session will be available soon. The UGC NET admit card 2021 will be made available on the official website of the authority. The candidates must bring the hall ticket to the examination hall.
The authority reserves the right to prohibit one from entering into the examination hall if he/ she has not brought the admit card of NTA UGC NET along with him/ her. The candidate has to bring certain documents along with the hall ticket to the examination centre. After that the candidate has downloaded the admit card, he/ she has to make sure that it is containing correct details of the candidate. In case of any discrepancy, one must contact the examination authorities.
UGC NET Test Centres
The NTA NET will be conducted all over India. The list of the exam centres of UGC NET is mentioned below:
|Name of the State||Name of the City|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Jammu & Kashmir|
UGC NET Exam Pattern
The candidate is advised to prepare for the examination as per the prescribed UGC 2021 exam pattern. The exam pattern is tabulated below:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Language of Examination||Both English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
Syllabus of NTA NET 2021
The syllabus of UGC NET is mentioned below:
- General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I)
- Economics/ Rural Economics/ Co-operation/ Demography/ Development Planning/ Development Studies/ Econometrics/ Applied Economics/ Development Eco./ Business Economics
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Defence and Strategic Studies
- Home Science
- Public Administration
- Popular Studies
- Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./ Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./ Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./ Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)
- French (French Version)
- French (English Version)
- Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education
- Physical Education
- Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
- Labour Welfare/ Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/ Human Resource Management
- Library and Information Science
- Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
- Comparative Study of Religions
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Performing Art-Dance/ Drama/ Theatre
- Museology and Conservation
- Tribal and Regional Language/ Literature
- Folk Literature
- Comparative Literature
- Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/ Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).
- Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/ Sculpture Graphics/ Applied Art/ History of Art)
- Social Medicine and Community Health
- Forensic Science
- Computer Science and Applications
- Electronic Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Politics including International Relations/ International Studies including Defence/ Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.
- Human Rights and Duties
- Tourism Administration and Management
Question Paper of UGC NET
One, who wishes to sit in the exam of UGC NET must make sure that they are practising from the previous year sample papers. After practising from the previous year UGC NET Question Paper, he/ she will be able to score well. By practising, the candidates will get to know about the exam pattern, format of the examination and so on. After one practice from the question paper, then he/ she will be able to know about his/ her strong and weak points. The question papers will be available in the PDF Format.
NTA NET 2021 Result
The results of UGC for the May 2021 Session will be released in the month of July 2021. In order to access UGC NET result, one will have to open the official website of the examination conducting authority and then click on the provided link of the UGC NET result. After that one will be asked to enter the required credentials in the login section. The candidates have to make sure that he/ she is entering the correct credentials. Providing any incorrect detail will stop one from accessing the result. One is advised to print at least 1 copy of the result for future purposes.
Answer Key of UGC NET
The final answer key of NTA UGC NET will be released a few days after the examination. The candidate will be able to find the UGC NET 2021 answer key from the official website of the examination conducting authority. With the help of the UGC NET answer key, one will be able to evaluate his/ her performance in the examination. Kindly note that the authority will, first, be releasing the provisional answer key. One, who has any problems regarding the answer key will be able to raise objections against the same.
The candidate must make sure to raise objections before the last date. The authority will be releasing the official answer key a few days of the submission of the objections. Kindly make a note that the National Testing Agency will not be accepting any objections after the release of the answer key.
UGC NET Cutoff 2021
The cut off of UGC NET will be released along with the result. The UGC NET Cut Off 2021 will be made available on the official website of the National Testing Agency. The UGC NET cut off will be holding the marks that are to be secured in the exam so as to qualify the examination.
Selection Procedure of NTA NET 2021
The selection of the candidates in the examination of NTA UGC NET will be done keeping in mind many factors. One, who satisfies all the above factors will be considered eligible to provide admissions. The selection procedure of UGC NET will be dependent on the following factors:
- Mandatory Marks
- No. of the Candidates
- Slots of the Examination
- Cut Off
- Consideration of Candidates
- Allotting Seats to the Candidates
E-Certificate of UGC NET
The E-Certificate of the June session will be released a few days of the examination. The candidates will be able to get the June session UGC NET E-Certificate after providing certain details in the login section. One can grab the UGC NET e-certificate from the official website of the examination conducting authority.
Benefits and Career Scope after qualifying UGC NET 2021 Exam
UGC NET is one of the most popular exams in India for education and research area background. Also, there are many job and career opportunities thereafter clearing the NET Exam. So, some of the career opportunities after NTA UGC NET are-
- You can apply for research and assistant professors in Top Colleges and Universities in India.
- Also, you can apply for teaching programs as well in colleges and universities.
- You get eligible for JRF Fellowship. While doing your research work you can get a scholarship amount of Rs 31,000/- (for 2 years) and Rs 35,000 (for remaining tenure).
- Get the chance to work in Top Laboratories.
- You can become a Research Scholar in the Top Indian Universities.
- You can get good job opportunities in PSUs in various departments such as Research and Development, Human Resources, etc.
- Try in the Subject Expert field as well. There are many coaching institutes that can offer you to tutor the students.