National Institute of Fashion Technology was set up in 1986 under the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. It is a Statutory Institute governed by the NIFT Act 2006. NIFT College is located at various locations such as Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, and others. NIFT 2020 Application Form releases every year for the intake of interested and eligible candidates. The official notification of NIFT 2020 shall release at the official website.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NIFT 2020 Admission – Important Dates
|NIFT Online Registration Starts||3rd week of October 2019|
|Last Day For NIFT 2020 Online Registration||4th week of December 2019|
|Last day to submit NIFT Application Form with late fee of Rs.5000/-||1st week of January 2020|
|Application Form modification date||4th week of December 2019 to 1st week of January 2020|
|Admit Card release date||2nd week of January 2020|
|NIFT exam date||3rd week of January 2020|
|Result release date||February/ March 2020|
|Last date for online registration for foreign nationals/ SAARC/ NRIs||4th week of April 2020|
|Situation Test/ Group Discussion/ Interview||April/ May 2020|
|Final result release date||May/ June 2020|
|NIFT Counselling||End of May/ June 2020 Onwards|
NIFT Eligibility Criteria
NIFT offers a number of courses for admission. In order to apply for the entrance exam, one should meet the eligibility criteria. It is advised to all the interested candidates to refer NIFT 2020 Official Notification to get the information in detail. An applicant has to meet the qualifications such as Age Limit, Educational Qualification etc. The concerned authority will not accept the form of a non-eligible candidate in any situation. NIFT Under Graduate Eligibility Criteria and NIFT Post Graduate Eligibility Criteria are different. Further, read the information available below to get more details.
NIFT Eligibility Criteria For Bachelor’s Programme
- The age of candidates should be 23 years as on 1st October 2019. However, candidates belonging to the reserved category will get the benefit of age relaxation as per the Government rules.
- Passed Intermediate Examination in the concerned subject from a recognized Board or
- A passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects or
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/ Cambridge/ Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
NIFT Eligibility Criteria For Master’s Programme
- There are no criteria of age limit for admission in Master’s Programme.
- Completed Undergraduate/ Diploma Education in the concerned discipline from a recognized University.
NIFT Application Form 2020
The application form of NIFT releases online at its official website. Candidates who are desiring to take admission has to appear in the entrance examination. Before filling NIFT 2020 Online Form refer to the notification in order to avoid mistakes. Try to submit the online NIFT Application Form before the last date. Make use of the correct details while filling the application form. After filling the application form, candidates have to pay the requisite fee either online or offline. Further, the step by step process to fill the application form is available below.
Steps to Complete NIFT 2020 Registration
- Visit the official website of NIFT or click on the link which shall be available on this page.
- Then find the link of NIFT Registration 2020.
- Click on the link and the page to fill the details will open in a new window.
- After that fill the information such as Name, Parent’s Name, Educational details, and others.
- Further, upload your photo and signature in the required file size and file format.
- Then make payment of the requisite application fee in the available modes.
- Check all the filled in information once again and click on the submit button.
- Take the printout of the application form and keep it safe for further reference along with proof of payment.
NIFT Application Fee
A candidate has to pay the fee so that they can successfully register for NIFT 2020. Pay the application fee online by using Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking. If any candidate wants to pay the fee offline then he or she can pay through Demand Draft. DD made in favour of “NIFT HO”, The details of the application fee is available below.
|GEN/ OBC (Non-Creamy)||Rs.2000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD- candidates||Rs.1000/-|
Candidates applying through Demand Draft are required to send the printout of the Application Form, duly completed in all respects, along with Demand Draft on the following address:
Project Manager All India Management Association Management House, 14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
NIFT 2020 Admit Card
The admit card of NIFT is an important document for appearing in the examination. NIFT 2020 Admit Card shall be available for provisionally eligible candidates. NIFT Hall Ticket will release at the official website. Fill the correct details while downloading the admit card. The details such as Application/ Registration Number and Password is important. Without hall ticket of NIFT, no candidate will get permission to enter inside the exam hall. Check the website in a regular manner so that you can get all the updates on time. Check the procedure to download NIFT Admit Card 2020 below.
- Visit the official website or click on the link which shall be available on this page.
- Then the page to download admit card will open in a new tab.
- Further, enter the required details such as Application/ Registration Number and d Password.
- After that click on the submit button for the submission of the details.
- The admit card will display on the screen in PDF format.
- Check the information available in the admit card carefully.
- Download it and carry the same in order to sit for the examination.
NIFT Exam Pattern
Candidates who will apply for the examination should be aware of the NIFT exam pattern. NIFT Exam Scheme will help the candidates to know about the total questions, section, marks etc. NIFT Design Exam Pattern and NIFT Fashion Exam Pattern are different from each other. For the UG & PG Design Course, there will be two exams (a) General Ability Test (GAT) and (b) Creative Ability Test (CAT). The examination will be a Paper Based Test (PBT). Further, check the details below.
General Ability Test (GAT) – Written Examination Structure (For all UG and PG Design Programme)
|LANGUAGE OF WRITTEN TEST||English/ Hindi||English/ Hindi|
|TEST DURATION||120 min.||120 min.|
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||15||15|
General Ability Test (GAT) – Written Examination Structure (For all UG and PG Fashion Technology Examination)
|Programme||B.F.Tech. & M.F.Tech||MFM|
|LANGUAGE OF WRITTEN TEST||English/ Hindi||English/ Hindi|
|TEST DURATION||180 min.||180 min.|
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||45||50|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25||25|
|General Knowledge And Current Affairs||25||25|
Creative Ability Test (CAT)
This test will be for both UG and PG Design Programmes to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills.
Situation Test – FOR UG Design Programmes
Candidates who will qualify written entrance examination for B.Des have to appear in a Situation Test. It is a hands-on test to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability in a given situation with a given set of materials.
NIFT Syllabus 2020
We will suggest all the candidates check syllabus of NIFT in order to make the preparation more effective. NIFT Syllabus contains the name of the topics which are important from the examination point of view. The questions in the examination will be from the subjects which are available in the NIFT Exam Syllabus. Refer to exam syllabus so that you can get to know about the topics to study with more focus. The syllabus of NIFT Design Programme and NIFT Fashion Technology Programme have some subjects in common.
NIFT Question Papers 2020
Solving NIFT Previous Years Paper is equally important. It is because by practicing NIFT Sample Papers candidates can judge the difficulty level of the examination. The questions in the sample paper will be of the same level of questions that will appear in the examination. Solving the questions papers for NIFT 2020 Exam will also enhance your speed in the exam. It is the reality check of your knowledge and confidence. Hence get some hours to solve NIFT Last Year Papers and test your knowledge. NIFT Question Paper PDF is available online for download.
NIFT Exam Centres
While filling the application form, candidates have to choose one city for the exam of NIFT 2020. The concerned authority will not entertain the request for a change in the examination centre at any stage. Candidates will get the entry in the exam centre along with the admit card. Try to reach the examination centre at least 60 minutes before the commencement of the examination. Do not carry Mobiles and other infotech gadgets inside the exam centre of NIFT. Further, check the names of the NIFT exam centre.
NIFT Result 2020
The result will be available on the official website after the completion of the examination. Candidates who will take the exam of NIFT shall be able to check their result. In order to check NIFT 2020 Result, candidates have to use their Roll Number, Application Number, and Date of Birth. The concern authority will not share the NIFT Exam Result either through email or post. So, one should be aware of the steps to check the result online. Candidates who will successfully qualify the written examination will get the call for the next stage that is GD/ PI.
NIFT 2020 – GD PI
Group Discussion and Personal Interview is for all Masters Programme. Those who will pass the written entrance examination will undergo Case Study based Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
NIFT Group Discussion
In Group Discussion (GD) candidates will get 15 to 20 minutes of discussion on a case study assigned. The expert panel will assess various parameters such as
- Conceptual clarity
- Interpersonal skills
- Contribution made to the topic
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Leadership qualities
- Problem-solving approach
- Effective communication
NIFT Personal Interview
The panel of experts will evaluate a candidate in the Personal Interview on factors such as:
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the course
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking
NIFT Counselling 2020
Those who will pass the stages of the admission process will get the call to participate in the Counselling of NIFT 2020. In order to select a college and the course of admission, candidates have to take part in NIFT Counselling 2020. The concerned authority will conduct counselling online. Exercise the counselling process so that you can make you choice locking for admission. If any candidate fails to exercise online counselling process then such candidate has to wait for the next round of counselling. In order to get more details to check the website from time to time.
NIFT 2020 – Document Verification
For the purpose of document verification, candidates have to bring essential documents at the time of admission. So, do not forget to carry all the essential documents along with the photocopies. However, after document verification candidates will get back original certificates, except the medical certificate. Hence, carry the following document at the time of admission.
- Original certificates of qualifying examination i.e. Class 12th/ degree.
- Original mark sheet of qualifying examination i.e. Class 12th/ degree.
- In case the candidate has appeared for qualifying exam/ compartment then carry date sheet/admit card of the exam.
- Carry Bank Draft(s) of requisite fee in favour of “NIFT HO”. Mention name of the candidate, date of counselling, phone/ mobile no., the name of the programme, Category, Rank and Roll Number at the back of Bank Draft.
- Date of Birth Proof
- Caste Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Fitness Certificate signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format in original.
- Basis of funding of the tuition fee/ Certificate of the parents’ income.
- In case the result of qualifying examination is not declared then Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/-.
- An undertaking regarding Anti-Ragging.
- An undertaking regarding refund of fee.
NIFT 2020 Admission Cancellation
There are instances wherein the admission of a candidate may get cancelled. Thus, make sure that you apply for the exam if you are meeting all the requirements of NIFT 2020. In other words, one should meet the eligibility in the first place. The admission may get cancelled in the event that
- If past behaviour or character of a candidate is not good.
- If a candidate will use false information for the purpose of admission.
- After the commencement of the session, if a candidate does not report within 7 days.
- The Director-General may cancel the admission or debar any student for the specific reason for a certain period.
- Candidates will be responsible to make sure that they are eligible and fulfil all the conditions prescribed for admission. Before the issue of admission receipt at the time of allotment of seats, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils all eligibility criteria.
- If it is found at any stage during the entire period of the programme that the candidate does not fulfil the requisite eligibility conditions, his/her admission will be cancelled and the entire fee will be forfeited.
- If it is found that admission was given due to any mistake or oversight, the admission granted to such candidate shall be liable for cancellation.
- The merit ranking will be valid only for the programme/ category for which the candidate has the qualifying examination.
- Further, the merit ranking of the candidate shall be valid for session 2020-2021.