UGC NET 2020 is a state-level examination which is conducted by the National Testing Agency. The examination of NTA NET is conducted in order to determine one’s eligibility for the Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor or both. The authority has decided a specific procedure in order to select the most appropriate candidates for the courses provided. The selection procedure of NTA UGC NET will be including online examination. The authority shall be selecting the candidate on the basis of the marks he/ she attains in the examination.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The result of the same will be published on ntanet.nic.in. One must be familiar with the whole selection procedure before one sits in the examination. The article below states the complete details related to NTA UGC NET Selection Procedure 2020.
Selection Procedure of UGC NET
Thousands of candidates appear for the examination every year. The authority will select the candidates on the basis of the marks he/ she attains in the examination. The whole procedure of the selection will be containing certain steps:
Step-1 (Mandatory Marks)
Candidate’s who belong to General Category need to secure at least 40% in both the parts of the examination. The candidates, who belong to reserved category (SC, ST, OBC, PWD, Transgender) have to secure a minimum of 35% in both the parts of the examination.
Step-2 (No. of the Candidates)
- The number of the candidates, who meet all the requirements for Assistant Professor must be equal to 6% of the number of the candidates who appear in both the parts of the examination.
- The number of candidates, who meet all the necessary requirements for JRF must be equal to 1% of the number of candidates who appear in both the parts of the examination.
Step-3 (Slots of the Examination)
The total number of slots of the examination must be allotted to the different categories on the basis of the Reservation Policy of Government.
Step-4 (Cut Off)
- When the candidate calculates the marks he/ she has attained in the examination, he/ she must do the same with the help of the prescribed exam pattern.
- The authority will prepare a cutoff, category-wise which will decide the candidates who are eligible for Assistant Professor and JRF.
- In the same way, a subject-wise cut off will construct by the authority.
- The cut off will be an important procedure in the selection of NTA UGC NET.
Step-5 (Consideration of Candidates)
The candidates, who have applied for the eligibility of Assistant Professor and JRF and qualified all the above steps will be considered eligible for the zone of Junior Research Fellowship.
Step-6 (Allotting Seats to the Candidates)
- The candidates, who qualify all the above steps will be considered eligible for the zone of Junior Research Fellowship. The shortlisted candidates will be provided reservations on the basis of the Government’s Reservation Policy.
- The candidates will be allotted slots on the basis of the category and subject.
- The total percentage of both the papers agreeing to the number of the slots arrived will be determining the cut off for JRF in management for all the categories.
- The cut off of the particular subject and category will prepare on the basis of the marks one attains in the examination.
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of UGC NET is mentioned below:
|Subject Code||Name of the subject||Links to Download|
|00||General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I)||Click Here to Download|
|01||Economics/ Rural Economics/ Co-operation/ Demography/ Development Planning/ Development Studies/ Econometrics/ Applied Economics/ Development Eco./ Business Economics||Click Here to Download|
|02||Political Science||Click Here to Download|
|03||Philosophy||Click Here to Download|
|04||Psychology||Click Here to Download|
|05||Sociology||Click Here to Download|
NTA UGC NET Cut Off 2020
- The authority will release the UGC NET cut off on its official website.
- The cut off will get released along with the result.
- It will be containing the minimum required marks.
- The cut off will release after the declaration of the result.