JEST is expanded as the Joint Entrance Screening Test. It is conducted by the Science and Engineering Research Board. The candidates aspiring to take admission in the courses of PhD and integrated PhD will have to take the test. After one qualifies the exam, he/ she will get the admission in the fields of Physics or Theoretical Computer Science/ Neuron Science/ Computational Biology fields. The first step, which will be mandatory in the procedure of applying for JEST 2020 will be filling the application form. The forms will be made available on the official website of the JEST. Before one applies for the exam, he/ she should make sure that he/ she is eligible enough to apply for JEST. If he/ she turns ineligible, then it will lead to not allowing the candidate to apply for the test.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The procedure of submission of the application form will be leading to the next step which will be the payment of the application fee. The step of fee payment is mandatory. The candidates, while preparation, must make sure that they doing it as per the prescribed syllabus and exam pattern. All the information related to JEST 2020 is mentioned in the article below.
JEST Important Dates 2020
The candidates are required to keep themselves updated related to the important dates of the events which will be involved in the procedure of the admission. The tentative dates have been summarized below:
|Release of Application Form||November 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||December 2019|
|Admit Card will release in||January 2020|
|Release of Answer Key||February 2020|
|Last Date to Object upon Answer Key||March 2020|
|Result will be released in||March 2020|
|Interview Starts from||April 2020|
JEST Application Form 2020
The application form of JEST will be releasing expectedly in the month of November 2019. The candidates will be able to fill the application form in an online mode only. The candidates need to make sure that the form is filled with precise information. In order to fill the application form, one has to head towards the official website of JEST and then click on the link of the application form which will be provided therein. The candidates, then will be asked to enter the required credentials following which the upload of documents will take place.
While one is uploading the documents, he/ she must make sure that the same are of the documents as per the prescribed size. After that, the candidates submit the application form successfully, one will be receiving the confirmation message on his/ her registered e-mail id.
JEST Application Fee 2020
The payment of the application fee will be mandatory. The fee has to be paid in an online mode. The candidate can pay the fee through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. The fee criteria are tabulated below:
JEST Eligibility Criteria 2020
Before the candidate fills the application form, he/ she must make sure that he/ she satisfies the eligibility criteria. The criteria are decided by the authority itself. The eligibility criteria are tabulated below:
|PhD Programme in Physics||M.Sc. in Physics|
|Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science||M.Sc./ M.E./ M.Tech. In Computer Science|
|PhD in Neuroscience||M.Sc. in Physics/ Mathematics|
B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.An in Computer Science
|PhD in Computational Biology||M.Sc./ M.E./M.Tech./ MCA in Engineering/ Science|
Must be good at Mathematics
Must have a strong interest in Biology
|Integrated M.Sc./ M.Tech – PhD Programme in Physics||B. Sc. in Physics/ Mathematics|
B.Sc. in Physics
B.E./ B. Tech in Engineering Physics
If one aspires to take admission in IIA, the minimum required qualification is B.Sc in Physics/ Mathematics
B.E./ B.Tech in Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Engineering Physics/ Electronics and Communications/ Computer, Science and Engineering/ Optics and Photonics
In order to take admission in IISER (Pune), ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR and TIFR-TCIS, one must possess minimum education in B.Sc in Physics.
|Integrated PhD Programme in Theoretical Computer Science||B.Sc./ B.E./ B.Tech./ M.C.A. in Computer Science|
|Integrated M.Tech – PhD Programme||M.Sc. in Physics/ Applied Physics|
Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics/ Radio Physics and Electronics.
|Integrated PhD Programme||B.Sc. in Physics|
B.E./ B.Tech. in any field.
JEST Admit Card 2020
The admit card will be issued expectedly in the month of January 2020. The candidates will be able to grab the hall tickets from the official website of JEST. One will have to bring the admit card to the examination centre. If the candidate does not bring the hall ticket to the examination hall, then one will not be allowed to sit in the examination. It will be mandatory for one to bring at least 1 ID Proof at the examination centre along with the hall ticket. After he/ she downloads the hall ticket, one must make sure that the details mentioned in the admit card are correct. In one finds any kind of error in the admit card, then he/ she must approach the examination authorities.
JEST Exam Centres 2020
The Joint Entrance Screening Test will be conducted all over India. The list of the exam centres is mentioned below:
Institutes Participating in JEST 2020
The following institutes will be participating in JEST 2020:
- ARIES (Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainital)
- HBNI (Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai)
- HRI (Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad)
- ICTS (Internation Centre for Theoretical Science, Bangalore
- IGCAR (Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalapakkam)
- IIA (Indian Institute of Astrophysics)
- IISC Bangalore
- IISER Kolkata
- IMSC Chennai
- Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar
- Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar
- IISER Pune
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics
- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics
- IISER Mohali
- National Botanical Research Institute, Manesar
- JNCASR, Bangalore
- IISER Thiruvananthapuram
- Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
- Raja Raman Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore
- Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Kolkata
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
JEST Syllabus 2020
The candidates will have to make sure that they are preparing for the test as per the prescribed syllabus. The syllabus of JEST is mentioned below:
- Mathematical Methods
- Classical Mechanics
- Electromagnetism and Optics
- Quantum Mechanics Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics
Theoretical Computer Science:
- Analytical Reasoning and Deduction
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Discrete Mathematics
- Graph Theory
- Principles of Programming.
JEST Exam Pattern 2020
The exam pattern is mentioned below:
|No. of Questions||Part-1:15|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours|
|Marking Scheme||Part-1:3 Marks (for each correct answer)|
Part-2:3 Marks (for each correct answer)
Part-3:1 Mark (for each correct answer)
|Language of Examination||English|
JEST Answer Key 2020
- The answer key of JEST will be released in the month of February 2020.
- The candidates will be able to grab the answer key in the online mode only.
- The authority will provide the candidates with the chance to raise objections against the answer key.
- If he/ she is not satisfied with the released answer key, then one can raise the objections against the same.
- He/ she has to do it within the stipulated time.
- The answer key will be released along with the results.
- Through the answer key, one can get a rough idea about his/ her marks.
JEST Result 2020
- The result of JEST 2020 will be declared tentatively in the month of March 2020.
- The candidates will be able to check the results in an online mode only.
- In order to check the result, one has to hop to the official website of JEST and then click on the link of the results.
- After that, the aspirants will be asked to enter the required credentials.
- The scorecard will be valid throughout 1 Year.
JEST Cut Off 2020
- After the authority has released the results, it will declare the cut-off.
- The cut-off will be structured as per the number of the candidates sitting in the examination.
- The authority will be releasing the cut off on the basis of the difficulty level of exam, seat availability, previous year cut-off trends, etc
JEST Admission Procedure 2020
The candidates, who have qualified the result must approach the respective university in which one aspires to take admission. The university will not be conducting any independent admission procedure other than the authority. The candidates need to bring some documents for verification along with the result. The documents, which are to be brought to the university for document verification are:
- Mark sheet of 12th standard
- Passing Certificate of 12th Standard
- Mark Sheet of Graduation
- Admit Card
- Result of JEST
- Passport Size photographs
- Domicile Certificate (if needed)
- Category Certificate (if needed).