UGC NET Exam Pattern 2020: The Marking Scheme and Exam Pattern for NTA UGC NET July 2020 Exam is given in this article. No Negative Marking for an incorrect response. The hard work for any examination turns fruitful only if the preparation for the same is done whole-heartedly. Furthermore, the applicant, who is preparing for the examination of NTA UGC NET must make sure that he/ she is preparing for the prescribed exam pattern. However, the UGC NET Exam Pattern will be including the marking scheme, duration of the examination, and other crucial stuff. Furthermore, if the candidate keeps in mind the UGC NET Exam Pattern 2020 while doing the preparation, then he/ she will be able to pass the examination with flying colors.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The examination will be conducted in an online mode. However, the duration of the UGC NET will be 1 hour. Furthermore, the authority will conduct the examination in two shifts. Additionally, the language of the examination will be bilingual, i.e, English, and Hindi. Furthermore, the candidate, who qualifies for both the examination will be considered eligible for the prescribed posts.
NTA NET Exam Pattern
The table below states the UGC NET Exam Pattern for session 2020. Furthermore, the aspirants can note the fact that the tabular format below is the exam pattern as per the last year as the new one has not been announced yet by the authority. However, as soon as the authority will announce the same, we will update it here:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Language of Examination||Both English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
Syllabus of UGC NET
The preparation of the examination will turn fruitful only after it is done as per the specified syllabus. However, the syllabus of UGC NET is mentioned below:
- General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I)
- Economics/ Rural Economics / Co-operation/ Demography/ Development Planning/ Development Studies/ Econometrics/ Applied Economics/ Development Eco./ Business Economics
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Defence and Strategic Studies
- Home Science
- Public Administration
- Popular Studies
- Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./ Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./ Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./ Financial Mgt./ Co-operative Management)
- French (French Version)
- French (English Version)
- Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education
- Physical Education
- Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
- Labour Welfare/ Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/ Human Resource Management
- Library and Information Science
- Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
- Comparative Study of Religions
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Performing Art-Dance/ Drama/ Theatre
- Museology and Conservation
- Tribal and Regional Language/ Literature
- Folk Literature
- Comparative Literature
- Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/ Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa / Agama).
- Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/ Sculpture Graphics/ Applied Art/ History of Art)
- Social Medicine and Community Health
- Forensic Science
- Computer Science and Applications
- Electronic Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Politics including International Relations/ International Studies including Defence/ Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.
- Human Rights and Duties
- Tourism Administration and Management
Books Recommended for UGC NET Paper-1
While doing the preparation, especially for such a big examination, the candidates get confused among the various books that are available in the market for the prescribed course. Furthermore, in order to clear one’s confusion, here we are providing a list of the books which will be appropriate for the preparation of UGC NET. However, after one prepares from the following books, he/ she will not be needing any other stuff for the preparation of the examination. Further, below mentioned is the list which specifies the recommended books:
|Name of the Books||Name of the author|
|Trueman’s UGC NET/ SET General Paper 1||M. Gagan, Sajit Kumar|
|NTA UGC NET/ SET/ JRF – Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude||KVS Madaan|
|UGC NET/ JRF/ SLET General Paper-1 Teaching & Research Aptitude||Arihant Experts|
|UGC NET/ SET Paper 1||MHE|
|NTA UGC NET: Teaching and Research Aptitude-JRF and Assistant Professor Exam Guide (for Paper-I) (NTA UGC (NET) JRF & Asstt. Professor Exam)||Dr M.S. Ansari & RPH Editorial Board|
UGC NET 2020 Preparation Tips
The hard work will be worthwhile if one prepares according to certain tips. However, the preparation tips are mentioned below:
- Before one sits in the examination, he/ she must make sure that he/ she is clear with each and every topic that covers the syllabus of the examination.
- While preparing for the examination, one must make sure to note all the points of all the topics. Furthermore, this will help one in knowing about his/ her weak and strong genres of the syllabus.
- Do practice again and again by solving the Sample Papers as much as you can. Therefore, by doing the same, you will be able to learn about the pattern, syllabus etc related to NTA UGC NET 2020.
- The candidates must make notes of the topics. It will help one in revising properly.
- One must prepare as per the prescribed syllabus and from the recommended books.