UGC NET Exam Pattern 2020: One, who is preparing for UGC NET must make sure that they are preparing as per the prescribed exam pattern and the syllabus decided by the authority. By preparing according to the pattern, one will be able to score well in the examination. Before one starts with the preparation, he/she must make sure that there are no doubts remaining. The examination will be conducted in an online mode. The duration of the examination will be 1 hour. The authority will conduct the examination in two shifts. The language of the examination will be bilingual, i.e, English and Hindi. The candidate, who qualifies both the examination will be considered eligible for the prescribed posts.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2020
The table below states the exam pattern of UGC NET for the session 2020-21. The aspirants can note the fact that the tabular format below is the exam pattern as per the last year as the new one has not been announced yet by the authority. As soon as the authority will announce the same, we will update it here:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Language of Examination||Both English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
UGC NET Syllabus 2020
The preparation of the examination will turn fruitful only after it is done as per the specified syllabus. The syllabus of UGC NET is mentioned below:
- General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I)
- Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/ Development Studies/Econometrics/ Applied Economics/Development Eco./Business Economics
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Defence and Strategic Studies
- Home Science
- Public Administration
- Popular Studies
- Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)
- French (French Version)
- French (English Version)
- Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education
- Physical Education
- Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
- Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management
- Library and Information Science
- Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
- Comparative Study of Religions
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Performing Art-Dance/ Drama/ Theatre
- Museology and Conservation
- Tribal and Regional Language/ Literature
- Folk Literature
- Comparative Literature
- Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).
- Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)
- Social Medicine and Community Health
- Forensic Science
- Computer Science and Applications
- Electronic Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Politics including International Relations/International Studies including Defence/Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.
- Human Rights and Duties
- Tourism Administration and Management
From what books should one study in order to prepare for UGC NET 2020?
While doing the preparation, especially such a big examination, the candidates get confused among the various books that are available in the market for the prescribed course. In order to clear one’s confusion, here we are providing a list of the books which will be appropriate for the preparation of UGC NET. After one prepares from the following books, he/she will not be needing any other stuff for the preparation of the examination. Below mentioned is the list which specifies the books:
|Name of Books||Name of the Author|
|Trueman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper I||M. Gagan,Sajit Kumar|
|CBSE UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude||KVS Madaan|
|UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper-1 Teaching & Research Aptitude||Arihant Experts|
|UGC NET/SET Paper 1||MHE|
|CBSE UGC-NET: Teaching and Research Aptitude-JRF and Assistant Professor Exam Guide (for Paper-I) (CBSE UGC (NET) JRF & Asstt. Professor Exam)||Dr M.S. Ansari & RPH Editorial Board|
Preparation Tips for UGC NET 2020
The hard work will be worthwhile if one prepares according to certain tips. The preparation tips are mentioned below:
- Before one sits in the examination, he/she must make sure that he/she is clear with each and every topic that covers the syllabus of the examination.
- While preparing for the examination, one must make sure to note all the points of all the topics. This will help one in knowing about his/her weak and strong genres of the syllabus.
- Do practice again and again by solving the Sample Papers as much as you can. By doing the same, you will be able to learn about the pattern, syllabus etc related to UGC NET 2020.
- The candidates must make notes of the topics. It will help one in revising properly.
- One must prepare as per the prescribed syllabus and from the recommended books.