UGC NET Admit Card is now available. The Application Form of UGC NET for J&K Candidates was released on the 4th of November 2019. The last date to fill the form was 8th of November 2019. The examination of UGC NET is conducted by the National Testing Agency on behalf of the University Grants Commission. This exam is conducted twice a year. The candidates, who want to retrieve the Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor or both can take UGC NET. This examination is conducted all over the country. Every year, thousands of candidates take part in NTA NET 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The candidates, who aspire to sit in the examination this year will have to fill the NTA NET 2020 Application Form which will be released by the authority on its official website. The application form of UGC NET will be released on the 9th of September 2020. It is to be noted that the aspirant will be able to apply for NTA UGC NET 2020 in an online mode only. Before the candidate submits the UGC NET Online Form, he/ she shall make sure that the eligibility criteria is being possessed by one. Any ineligible candidate will not be able to fill the online form of UGC NET. The step of the filling the form will lead one to the payment of the application fee.
The fee payment will be a mandatory step. One is advised to prepare for the examination as per the prescribed syllabus. After the successful procedure of the submission of the UGC NET form, the authority will release the hall ticket which has to be brought to the examination hall. Following the release of the hall ticket of NTA NET, the examination will be conducted leading to the results of the same. The cut off will be succeeding the result which will be structured on the basis of the marks one achieves in the examination. For more details related to the UGC NET 2020, go through the article below.
UGC NET Admit Card 2020 is now available. Download now.
NTA NET Exam 2020 Date
The candidates, who aspire to sit in the University Grants Commission, National Eligibility Test for the session 2020 will have to keep themselves updated related to the UGC NET important dates. No candidate can afford to miss any of the dates. The official dates have been announced by the authority on the 21st of August 2019. Have a look on the same:
For J&K Candidates:
|Release of Official Notification||1st November 2019|
|Application Form Release date||4th November 2019 (Released)|
|Last date to Submit Application Form||8th November 2019|
For Other Candidates:
|Events||December Session||July Session|
|Release of Official Notification||21st August 2019||21st August 2019|
|Application Form Release date||9th September 2019||16th March 2020|
|Last date to Submit Application Form||15th October 2019||16th April 2020|
|Last date to Submit Application Form with the fee||16th October 2019||16th April 2020|
|Admit Card date||9th November 2019 (Released)||15th May 2020|
|UGC NET Exam date||2nd to 6th December 2019||15th to 20th June 2020|
|Answer Key Date||December 2019||July 2020|
|Release of Result||31st December 2019||5th July 2020|
UGC NET 2020 Application Form
The online form for the December Session of 2019 has been released for the candidates of Jammu and Kashmir. The candidates will be able to find the online form of NTA NET on the official website of the examination conducting authority. This is to be noted that the form of NTA NET shall be available in an online mode only. In order to fill the application form, the candidates will have to open the official website of the examination authority and then click on the link of the UGC NET application form. Post that, the candidates will be asked to enter the required details in the application form.
The candidates shall make sure that they are filling in the correct details in the form. Any incorrect detail can prohibit one from proceeding onto the next step of applying for the exam. The candidate will have to provide the eligibility details, personal details, etc in the application form.
After the candidate provides each and every detail in the form, he/ she will be asked to upload necessary documents. The candidate has to make sure that the documents he/ she is uploading are of the specifications as per decided by the authority. Following the upload of the documents, one will be asked to pay a certain amount of fee. The procedure of fee payment will be mandatory. The fee can be paid online as well as offline mode.
NTA NET Application Fee 2020
The application fee of UGC NET 2020 will have to be paid by the candidate. The candidate can pay the fee through online as well as offline mode. The fee can be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or E-Challan at the nearest bank (Syndicate Bank/ ICICI Bank/ Canara Bank). The fee criteria are summarized below in a tabular format:
Eligibility Criteria for NTA UGC NET 2020
One must make sure that he/ she is possessing enough eligibility for the examination. The eligibility criterion is mentioned below:
- The applicants must have pursued their degree of Master’s (in the field of Humanities, Social Science, Electronic Science, Computer Science and Applications). The degree must have pursued from the university recognized from UGC.
- The candidates (belonging from the General Category) must have attained a minimum of 55% in the Masters. The degree must have pursued from the university recognized from UGC.
- One (belonging from the SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category) must have secured a minimum of 50% in the Masters. The degree must have pursued from the university recognized from UGC.
- General Category- Must not be older than 30 years.
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ Female Candidates- Must not be older than 35 years.
- There is no age limit for the candidates appearing for the role of Assistant Professor.
Note: The appearing candidates can also apply for the exams.
Eligibility Criteria for Assistant Professor-Exception
- The candidates must have passed NET/ SLET/ SET.
- Candidates, who have qualified the SET before 1st June 2002 will be prohibited from appearing in the exam.
- One, who have passed the UGC/ CSIR/ JRF before the year 1989 will be prohibited from appearing in the exams.
- One, who has pursued PhD by a UGC will be prohibited from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/ SET/ SELT for appointment as Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
Hall Ticket of NTA NET 2020
The hall ticket of UGC NET will be issued on the 9th of November 2019 and 15th May 2020 for both the sessions respectively. The UGC NET admit card 2020 will be made available on the official website of the authority. The candidates will have to bring the hall ticket to the examination hall. The authority reserves the right to prohibit one from entering into the examination hall if he/ she has not brought the hall ticket of NTA UGC NET along with him/ her. The candidate has to bring certain documents along with the hall ticket to the examination centre. After that the candidate has downloaded the admit card, he/ she has to make sure that it is containing correct details of the candidate. In case of any discrepancy, one must contact the examination authorities.
UGC NET Test Centres
The NTA NET will be conducted all over India. The list of the exam centres of UGC NET is mentioned below:
|Name of the State||Name of the City|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Jammu & Kashmir|
UGC NET Exam Pattern
The candidate is advised to prepare for the examination as per the prescribed UGC 2020 exam pattern. The exam pattern is tabulated below:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Language of Examination||Both English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
Syllabus of NTA NET 2020
The syllabus of UGC NET is mentioned below:
- General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I)
- Economics/ Rural Economics/ Co-operation/ Demography/ Development Planning/ Development Studies/ Econometrics/ Applied Economics/ Development Eco./ Business Economics
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Defence and Strategic Studies
- Home Science
- Public Administration
- Popular Studies
- Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./ Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./ Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./ Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)
- French (French Version)
- French (English Version)
- Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education
- Physical Education
- Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
- Labour Welfare/ Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/ Human Resource Management
- Library and Information Science
- Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
- Comparative Study of Religions
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Performing Art-Dance/ Drama/ Theatre
- Museology and Conservation
- Tribal and Regional Language/ Literature
- Folk Literature
- Comparative Literature
- Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/ Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).
- Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/ Sculpture Graphics/ Applied Art/ History of Art)
- Social Medicine and Community Health
- Forensic Science
- Computer Science and Applications
- Electronic Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Politics including International Relations/ International Studies including Defence/ Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.
- Human Rights and Duties
- Tourism Administration and Management
Question Paper of UGC NET
One, who wishes to sit in the exam of UGC NET must make sure that they are practising from the previous year sample papers. After practising from the previous year question paper of NTA NET, he/ she will be able to score well. By practising, the candidates will get to know about the exam pattern, format of the examination and so on. After one practice from the question paper, then he/ she will be able to know about his/ her strong and weak points. The question papers will be available in the PDF Format.
NTA NET 2020 Result
The results of UGC, for both the exams, will be released on the official website of the examination conducting authority. The dates, on which the result of UGC NET will be released for both the sessions are the 31st of December 2019 and 5th July 2020 respectively. In order to access the result, one will have to open the official website of the examination conducting authority and then click on the provided link of the UGC NET result. After that one will be asked to enter the required credentials in the login section. The candidates have to make sure that he/ she is entering the correct credentials. Providing any incorrect detail will stop one from accessing the result. One is advised to print at least 1 copy of the result for future purposes.
Answer Key of UGC NET
- The answer key of NTA NET will be released along with the result.
- The candidate will be able to find the UGC NET 2020 answer key from the official website of the examination conducting authority.
- With the help of the answer key, one will be able to evaluate his/ her performance in the examination.
UGC NET Cutoff 2020
- The cut off will be released on the official website of the examination conducting authority.
- It will be containing the minimum required marks.
- The cutoff Score of UGC NET will be released after the declaration of the result.
Selection Procedure of NTA NET 2020
The selection of the candidates in the examination of UGC NET will be done keeping in mind many factors. One, who satisfies all the above factors will be considered eligible to provide admissions. The selection procedure of UGC NET will be dependent on the following factors:
- Mandatory Marks
- No. of the Candidates
- Slots of the Examination
- Cut Off
- Consideration of Candidates
- Allotting Seats to the Candidates
E-Certificate of UGC NET
The qualifying candidate of UGC NET will be able to download the E-Certificate. The certificate shall be released exactly 3 months post the release of the result. One can grab the e-certificate from the official website of the examination conducting authority.