UGC NET is conducted by the National Testing Agency on behalf of the University Grants Commission. This exam is conducted twice a year. The candidates, who want to retrieve the Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor or both. This examination is conducted all over the country. Every year, thousands of candidates take part in this examination. The candidates, who aspire to sit in the examination this year will have to fill an application form which will have to fill an application form which will be released by the authority on its official website. One will be able to find the application form tentatively in the month of February 2019. It is to be noted that the aspirant will be able to apply for UGC/NTA NET 2020 in an online mode only.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Before the candidate submits the application form, he/ she shall make sure that the eligibility criteria is being possessed by one. Any ineligible candidate will not be able to fill the application form. Filling the application form will lead one to the payment of the application fee. The fee payment will be a mandatory step. One is advised to prepare for the NTA NET as per the prescribed syllabus. After the successful procedure of the submission of the application form, the authority will release the hall ticket which has to be brought to the examination hall.
Following the release of the hall ticket, the examination will be conducted leading to the results of the same. The cut off will be succeeding the result which will be structured on the basis of the marks one achieves in the examination. For more details related to the UGC NET 2020, go through the article below.
UGC NET/ NTA NET Exam Dates 2020
The candidates, who aspire to sit in the University Grants Commission, National Eligibility Test for the session 2020 will have to keep themselves updated related to the UGC NET important dates of the same. No candidate can afford to miss any of the dates. The tentative dates have been tabulated below as the official dates have not been declared yet:
|Events||December Session||July Session|
|Release of Advertisement||September 2019||February 2020|
|Application Form Release date||September 2019||March 2020|
|Last date to Submit Application Form with fee||October 2019||April 2020|
|Application Form Correction||October 2019||April 2020|
|Admit Card date||November 2019||June 2020|
|UGC NET Exam date||December 2019||June 2020|
|Answer Key Date||December 2019||July 2020|
|Release of Result||January 2020||July 2020|
UGC NET Application Form 2020
The application forms for both the sessions will be released tentatively in the month of September and March respectively. The candidates will be able to find the application forms from the official website of the examination conducting authority. In order to fill the application form, the candidates will have to open the official website of the examination authority and then clicking on the link of the UGC NET application form. Post that, the candidates will be asked to enter the required details in the application form. The candidates shall make sure that they are filling in the correct details in the form. Any incorrect detail can prohibit one from proceeding onto the next step of applying for the exam. The candidate will have to provide the eligibility details, personal details, etc in the application form.
After the candidate provides each and every detail in the form, he/ she will be asked to upload necessary documents. The candidate has to make sure that the documents he/ she is uploading are of the specifications as per decided by the authority. Following the upload of the documents, one will be asked to pay a certain amount of fee. The procedure of fee payment will be mandatory. The fee can be paid through online as well as offline mode.
NTA NET Application Fee 2020
The application fee will have to be paid by the candidate. The candidate can pay the fee through online as well as offline mode. The fee can be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or E-Challan at the nearest bank (Syndicate Bank/ ICICI Bank/ Canara Bank). The fee criteria are summarized below in a tabular format:
Eligibility Criteria for NTA UGC NET 2020
One must make sure that he/ she is possessing enough eligibility for the examination. The eligibility criterion is mentioned below:
- The applicants must have pursued their degree of Master’s (in the field of Humanities, Social Science, Electronic Science, Computer Science and Applications). The degree must have pursued from the university recognized from UGC.
- The candidates (belonging from the General Category) must have attained a minimum of 55% in the Master’s. The degree must have pursued from the university recognized from UGC.
- One (belonging from the SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category) must have secured a minimum of 50% in the Master’s. The degree must have pursued from the university recognized from UGC.
- General Category-Must not be older than 30 years.
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ Female Candidates- Must not be older than 35 years.
- There is no age limit for the candidates appearing for role of Assistant Professor.
Note: The appearing candidates can also apply for the exams.
Eligibility Criteria for Assistant Professor-Exception
- The candidates must have passed NET/ SLET/ SET.
- Candidates, who have qualified the SET before 1st June, 2002 will be prohibited from appearing in the exam.
- One, who have passed the UGC/ CSIR/ JRF before the year 1989 will be prohibited from appearing in the exams.
- One, who has pursued Ph.D by a UGC will be prohibited from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/ SET/ SELT for appointment as Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
UGC NET Admit Card 2020
The hall ticket of NTA NET, for both the sessions, will be released tentatively in the month of November 2019 and June 2020 respectively. The admit card will be made available on the official website of the authority. The candidates will have to bring the hall ticket to the examination hall. The authority reserves the right to prohibit one from entering into the examination hall if he/ she has not brought the hall ticket along with him/ her. The candidate has to bring certain documents along with the hall ticket to the examination centre. After that the candidate has downloaded the admit card, he/ she has to make sure that it is containing correct details of the candidate. In case of any discrepancy, one must contact the examination authorities.
UGC NET Exam Centres 2020
The UGC NET will be conducted all over India. The list of the exam centres is mentioned below:
|Name of the State||UGC NET Exam Centres 2020|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Jammu & Kashmir|
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2020
The candidate is advised to prepare for the examination as per the prescribed UGC 2020 exam pattern. The exam pattern is tabulated below:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Language of Examination||Both English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
UGC NET Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of UGC NET is mentioned below:
- General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I)
- Economics/ Rural Economics/ Co-operation/ Demography/ Development Planning/ Development Studies/ Econometrics/ Applied Economics/ Development Eco./ Business Economics
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Defence and Strategic Studies
- Home Science
- Public Administration
- Popular Studies
- Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./ Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./ Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./ Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)
- French (French Version)
- French (English Version)
- Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education
- Physical Education
- Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
- Labour Welfare/ Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/ Human Resource Management
- Library and Information Science
- Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
- Comparative Study of Religions
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Performing Art-Dance/ Drama/ Theatre
- Museology and Conservation
- Tribal and Regional Language/ Literature
- Folk Literature
- Comparative Literature
- Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/ Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).
- Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/ Sculpture Graphics/ Applied Art/ History of Art)
- Social Medicine and Community Health
- Forensic Science
- Computer Science and Applications
- Electronic Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Politics including International Relations/ International Studies including Defence/ Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.
- Human Rights and Duties
- Tourism Administration and Management
UGC NET Result 2020
The results of UGC, for both the exams, will be released on the official website of the examination conducting authority. The answer key will be released along with the answer keys so that one can cross check and analyze his/ her performance in the examination. In order to access the result, one will have to open the official website of the examination conducting authority and then click on the provided link of the UGC NET result. After that one will be asked to enter the required credentials in the log in section. The candidates have to make sure that he/ she is entering the correct credentials. Providing any incorrect detail will stop one from accessing the result. One is advised to print at least 1 copy of the result for future purposes.
NTA UGC NET Answer Key 2020
- The answer key of UGC NET will be released along with the result.
- The candidate will be able to find the UGC NET 2020 answer key from the official website of the examination conducting authority.
- With the help of the answer key, one will be able to evaluate his/ her performance in the examination.
UGC NET Cutoff 2020
- The cut off will be released on the official website of the examination conducting authority.
- It will be containing the minimum required marks.
- The cutoff Score of UGC NET will be releasing after the declaration of the result.