TISSNET Exam Pattern 2021: The exam pattern/ negative marking in TISS National Entrance Test is available here. Tata Institute of Social Sciences offers admission to various postgraduate management courses at different Tata Institute of Social Sciences Centre. TISSNET is a Computer Based Test (CBT). It comprises of multiple-choice questions (MCQ). The exam pattern of TISSNET has remained the same over the past years. The exam is conducted in 39-40 centres in various parts of the country. The TISSNET Question Paper comprises of 100 MCQ questions. The duration of the exam is 1 hour and 40 minutes. Each correct answer carries 1 mark. However, there is no negative marking.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Furthermore, the questions from TISSNET are asked from different sections. Therefore, the interested candidates must check the details about the TISSNET 2021 exam pattern from this article. The questions asked in the exam pattern comprises of questions from different sections. They are general awareness, mathematical and logical reasoning, and English proficiency.
Exam Pattern of TISSNET 2021
The TISSNET pattern of exam is based on the candidates’ knowledge of four main sections. They are general knowledge, analytical ability, mathematical reasoning, logical reasoning and English proficiency. The multiple-choice questions are also asked from the same sections. Candidates must know the TISSNET exam pattern 2021. Therefore, we have mentioned the exam pattern in detail. Check below.
|TISSNET Exam Mode||Computer-based test(CBT)|
|Number of questions asked||100|
|Type of question||Multiple choice questions(MCQ)|
|Time duration||100 minutes|
|Maximum marks per question||1|
|Maximum score||100 Marks|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
|Total number of sections||6|
|Facility to switch between sections||Allowed|
|Total number of choices per question||4|
|Exam Timings||2:00 PM-3:40 PM|
|Number of attempts in a year||1|
|Top Institute accepting exam score||Tata Institute of Social Sciences|
TISSNET Syllabus 2021
Candidates must know the TISSNET syllabus 2021, before sitting for the exam. The syllabus will further provide the candidate with the framework of how to approach the exam. Syllabus plays a vital role in the exam. Candidates must check the topic-wise syllabus. Hence, we have mentioned the sectional composition from which the candidate should prepare for TISSNET 2021. Check below.
|Sections||Number of questions|
Preparation Tips For TISSNET 2021
While preparing for TISSNET 2021, candidates are required to focus on three main sections of the TISSNET Exam Pattern 2021. However, all three sections require a different strategy. Therefore, candidates must tackle each section separately. Hence, we have provided TISSNET preparation tips on how to prepare for each individually. Check below:
TISSNET GK Preparation
Candidates can easily score in TISSNET general awareness section if they are vigilant regarding the current news. They can do so by following the steps mentioned below:
- In order to keep up with the news, candidates should regularly read the news whenever possible. If they don’t have sufficient time to read the news in the day, they can read it while travelling also.
- Aspiring candidates can download news reading apps like ‘Inshorts’, to read the news on the go.
- The candidate should regularly keep track of the news he is following.
- When reading a piece of particular news, candidates are advised to note down important information regarding that news. They should note down the important names, dates, honours, awards mentioned in the news. When preparing for the exam, candidates can easily go through these notes to freshen up their memory.
- Candidates must read newspapers like The Hindu, The Indian Express, The Economist.
- Read all the previous year’s current affairs.
While making notes:
- Candidate should pick a piece of news and read all the information regarding it on the Internet.
- Pick up any general knowledge book and finish reading an entire topic.
- Read the statistics of the largest and the smallest river, state, country etc.
- Candidates should consult the basic 6-10th standard books to read about History, Geography and Science.
- Magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan special Economic Issues is great to catch up on economics and government policies. Other magazines like Chronicles and Lucent can also be considered.
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth & The Indian Constitution by PM Bakshi should be referred for Indian Polity.
- Manorama yearbook is recommended to access the latest information.
Important Note: Revise all the points in the note before appearing for the exam.
TISSNET English Proficiency Section
It contains 3 subsections, which are: Vocabulary, Grammar and reading comprehension. Preparation for TISSNET English Proficiency section doesn’t require a lot of hard work since English proficiency depends on the candidate’s prior knowledge. However, candidates need to practice topics like Idioms, important words and grammar rules. It is better to take tissnet mock test for this section. Therefore, to prepare for English Proficiency candidates should make sure to follow certain points. Check below.
- Candidates should work on their vocabulary. They can do so, by practising to read every day. Read anything that is interesting or informative.
- While reading candidates should make it a point to learn new words. They can do so by, understanding the context of the word, while writing the synonym and antonym of the word.
- It is important for candidates to focus on Idioms. A book by SP Bakshi is a good source to increase one’s knowledge of Idioms and Phrases.
- Candidate should also focus on homophones. Learn at least 5-6 new homophones daily.
- TISSNET exam, questions a candidate’s knowledge of grammar through questions like spot the error and sentence corrections. Therefore candidate should be well versed with the grammatical rules.
- While reading candidate should focus on sentence structure and grammar.
- Candidate should keep on revising the grammar rules, ever once in a while. This way it’ll remain fresh in mind.
For Reading Comprehension
- TISSNET exam usually focuses more on testing a candidate’s grammar and vocabulary. But, the candidate should practice reading comprehensions as well.
- Candidates should practice at least 2-3 reading comprehensions per day to keep a habit of attempting passages.
TISSNET Mathematical and Logical Reasoning:
TISSNET section of mathematical and logical reasoning tests a candidate knowledge on 3 sections. They are quantitative assessment, Data Interpretation and logical reasoning. Therefore, we have mentioned the steps to prepare for this section. Check below.
- To increase Quantitative Aptitude, the candidate must focus on practising and revising all the important topics under it.
- For Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, the candidate should practice questions according to the difficulty of the exam.
Recommended TISSNET books 2021
For TISSNET 2021 preparation, the candidate needs to target each section differently. There are books for each section. Hence, we have provided a list of recommended TISSNET books for each section. from where questions are asked in the TISSNET paper. Check below:
For English Proficiency:
- High school English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the Cat by Nishit K Sinha
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
For Mathematical, Analytical and Logical Reasoning:
- How to prepare for the quantitative for the CAT by Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Nishit K Sinha
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit K Sinha
For General Knowledge and Awareness:
- Manorama Year Book 2021
- TISSNET Previous GK Questions
- GK Question Bank with recently updated questions
- Regular reading of newspapers likes, The Hindu, Times of India, Economic Times and Financial Express.