NEET Exam Pattern 2020 is available here. The National Testing Agency is now the conducting body for NEET 2020. It is expected that there will be no changes in the Exam Pattern and Syllabus of the Medical Examination. It is expected that the exam will be held in Feb 2020 and the candidates who are willing to take part in the examination can check this NEET 2020 Exam Pattern. The Exam Pattern plays a very important role in the preparation of the examination for the candidates. The Application Forms will be available from October 2019. The Examination Pattern includes the mode of the examination, time duration, number of questions, marks etc. Read the article further to know more about the NEET MBBS Exam Pattern.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Check AIIMS MBBS 2020
Highlights of NEET Exam Pattern 2020
- The NEET Exam 2020 Application Form will release on 2nd December 2019
- The Exam will take place on 3rd May 2020. The Result will release on 4th June 2019.
- The NEET Exam will be conducted offline comprising of 180 Questions.
- The Exam Paper is divided into Physics/Chemistry and Biology. It includes the syllabus of Class XI and XII.
NEET 2020 Exam Dates
The Official Dates of the NEET 2020 Exam have been released by the NTA. Here, we have provided complete dates of the NEET 2019- 20 MBBS Exam Dates.
If the exam will take place once in a year, then these are the expecting dates for the exam schedule.
|Starting Date of the Application Form||2nd December 2019|
|Date of the Exam||3rd May 2020|
|The Release of the Exam Result||4th June 2019|
Check – NEET 2020 Exam Dates
Now, if the exam takes place twice a year, then the expected dates for the exam are-
|For February 2020 Session|
|The Release of the Application Form||November 2019|
|Date of the Exam||First or Third Week of Feb 2020|
|For May 2020 Session|
|The Release of the Application Form||March 2020|
|Exam Date||2nd or 4th Week of May 2020|
Thus, these are the tentative dates for the candidates. However, the official website will soon announce the details regarding the exam schedule. Therefore, until now we advise you to keep track of the website.
Check- NEET 2020 Important Chapters
What does NEET Exam Pattern 2020 comprise of?
The NEET 2020 Exam Pattern comprises the following factors-
- Mode of the Examination
- The shift of the Examination
- Medium of Language
- Total Time Duration of the Examination
- Marking Scheme/Distribution
- Question Format
- Types of Sections
- Syllabus of the Examination
- Aggregate Score Calculation
- Total Number of Questions
- Total Number of Marks
- Cut-Off Marks
NEET Exam constitutes the following factors. The Exam Pattern as said before plays a vital role in planning the preparation schedule for the examination.
NEET Question Paper Format 2020
Mode of the Examination
The NEET Examination is conducted offline which is pen-paper based. Last year, as well the exam was conducted offline. The Exam will be held on Feb 2020.
Number of Shifts
The Exam will conduct only one shift (Afternoon Session). Earlier, there were few changes made by the authorities saying that the exam will be conducted offline in multiple numbers of sessions. But later, the exam authority body NEET 2020 decided to conduct the exam on a single day only. However, it is also expected that the Exam might take place online. The NTA might adopt separate facilities for the candidates who are staying in rural places.
Time Duration of the Exam
The Total Time Duration of the Exam is 3 Hours. Candidates have to reach the Examination Center before the Reporting Time. The candidates are not allowed to leave the examination hall before the completion of 3 hours of the exam.
The medium of the examination
Apart from English and Hindi Language, the Questions will be available in Regional Languages as well. The Exam Paper is available in the following languages-
- Kannada and
Check – NEET Exam Centres 2020
The format of the Questions
The questions are asked in the Multiple Choice Format. That means the questions are objective type based. The question will be available with four options out of which one option will be correct.
Number of Sections
The Exam Paper is divided into three sections- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Total Number of Questions and Question Distribution
The Offline Exam Paper comprises of 180 Questions. The Physics and Chemistry Section comprises of 45 Questions each and the Biology Section comprise of 90 Questions.
Total Number of Marks and Marking Scheme
The Total Marks of NEET 2020 Exam Paper is 720 Marks. Each correct answer carries 4 marks. There is a negative marking for each wrong answer. Questions will be available in objective type format.
Check- NEET 2020 Mock Test
Marking Distribution of the NEET Exam Pattern 2020
The NEET 2020 Exam Paper includes sections – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The Syllabus of the Exam will be from Class XI and XII. Both Physics and Chemistry Sections include 45 questions each whereas the Biology Section comprises of 90 Questions divided into Botany and Zoology equally.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Number of Marks|
|Physics||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Chemistry||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Zoology||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Botany||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Total||180 Questions||720 Marks|
Check – NEET 2020 Question Paper
How to Calculate Aggregate Scores?
The National Testing Agency follows a certain score calculation for NEET Entrance Examination 2020. The Calculation Process is completely on the basis of the Exam Pattern and the Marking Scheme.
NEET Score = (Correct Answers X 4)- (Incorrect Answers X 1)
NEET Exam Syllabus 2020
The Questions for NEET 2020 will be asked from Class XI and XII of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Check- AIIMS MBBS 2020
- Ray of Optics
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Waves and Sound
- Physical World and Measurement
- Properties in Bulk Matter
- Laws of Motion
- Work Energy and Power
- Magnetic Effects of Current
- S, D, F, and P- Block Elements
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Environmental Chemistry
- States of Matter- Gases and Liquids
- General Organic Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Ecology and Environment
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Check NEET Syllabus 2020
Books Recommended for NEET 2020
Most of the Experts and Toppers recommend following the NCERT Books. Other than that, some of the recommended books for NEET 2020 are-
Recommended Books for Physics
- Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon
Recommended Books for Chemistry
- ABC Chemistry for Class 11th and 12th by Modern
- Dinesh Chemistry Guide
- Concise JD Chemistry by J.D Lee
Recommended Books for Biology
- Biology Vol 1 and 2 by Trueman
- Pradeep Guide on Biology
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- GRB Bathla Publications for Biology
NEET 2020 Cutoff
The NEET Cut Off depends on the following factors –
- The Number of Candidates
- Difficulty Level of the Question
- Performance of the candidates in the examination.
Minimum Qualifying Marks of NEET Cut Off 2020
- The Minimum Eligibility Percentile for General Category Candidates is 50th Percentile.
- The Required Percentile for General-PH Category is 45th Percentile.
- The Minimum Required Percentile of SC/ST/OBC Category is 40th Percentile.
Preparation Tips for NEET 2020 Entrance Examination
As you know, only six months are remaining for the Preparation for the exam. So, help out all the students out here, we have provided some tips and strategies of how to make the NEET Preparation game strong.
- Firstly, start with the Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Get to know the exam pattern and syllabus well.
- Once, you get to know about the NEET Exam Pattern and Syllabus, check the topics where you are strong and weak.
- Make your basic fundamentals strong. Complete NCERT Book properly. Once, your concepts are strong, you can solve any question.
- Make Proper Notes. If you are preparing for Biology, use diagrams to remember.
- Practice NEET 2020 Question Paper. Take Online Mock Tests frequently, this will help you to improve your accuracy to attempt the answers.
- Keep a Month for Revision. Go through all the questions, notes, and reference books etc.
Every year, the NTA conducts the NEET 2020 Exam. Candidates who are willing to fill in the application form can check the above details and start preparing in order to get a good rank and marks. The National Testing Agency will soon release the official notification on the official website of NEET.
Check NEET Cutoff 2020