JIPMER Exam Pattern 2020 is available here. Candidates who are planning to fill in the application form can check all the details of JIPMER. Knowing the Exam Pattern of JIPMER is very important for those candidates who are willing to attempt the Entrance Examination. The Exam Patten includes complete details about the Examination including the syllabus pattern as well. The JIPMER Exam starts on June 2020 and the application forms will be made available from March 2020 onwards. So, if you are planning to attempt the Entrance Examination, then this article can be very helpful to you. In this article, we have mentioned complete details about the JIPMER Exam Pattern which includes dates, qualifying marks, syllabus, recommended books and much more.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Highlights of JIPMER MBBS Exam Pattern 2020
- The JIPMER MBBS is a National Level Entrance Examination that is conducted every year.
- The Jawahar Lal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education is the main conducting body of JIPMER.
- The Exam is conducted online.
- The Exam Paper is divided into the following sections- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logical and Quantitative Reasoning, and English Comprehension.
- The Total Time Duration of the Examination is 2 Hours and 30 Minutes.
Check JIPMER Admit Card 2020
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam Dates
|Events||Dates Scheduled (Tentative)|
|Starting Date of Online Registration||March 2020|
|Closing Date of Online Registration||April 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||May 2020|
|Result Declaration||June 2020|
JIPMER MBBS Admit Card 2020
JIPMER Admit Card will be released in May 2020. The Admit Card will be available online and the candidates can download it by submitting their Registration Number and Password. The JIPMER Admit Card is a very important document that has to carried by the candidates to the examination hall. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an Admit Card of JIPMER.
How to Download the JIPMER MBBS Hall Ticket 2019?
The Hall Ticket will be available a few days before the date of the exam. Candidates who are appearing the exam must download the admit card. The Admit Card will be available online on its official website. The step by step procedure to download the Admit Card is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of JIPMER
- Click on the Admit Card Link available on the Homepage
- Enter required details – Registration ID, Password, Captcha code, etc.
- The Admit Card will be available on the screen
- Check details and take the printout of the hall ticket.
JIPMER Exam Pattern 2020
The JIPMER Exam Pattern 2020 is released along with the Official Notification. Below we have mentioned complete details about JIPMER 2020-
- The Mode of the Entrance Examination is online, which means that is a Computer Based Test.
- The Exam is conducted once every year.
- The Exam is conducted in two shifts- Morning and Afternoon. The Morning Exam Session is 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and the afternoon session is 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
- The Mode of the Examination Paper is in English only.
- The Questions will be available in Multiple Choice Objective Based.
- The Examination Paper comprises of 200 Questions which is divided into five sections- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Quantitative and Logical Reasoning, and English Comprehension.
- Each Question carries 4 marks.
- For each question, 4 marks will be awarded and for every correct answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
JIPMER Exam Pattern 2020 Section-Wise Distribution of Questions and Marks
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Physics||60 Questions||240 Marks|
|Chemistry||60 Questions||240 Marks|
|Biology||60 Questions||240 Marks|
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10 Questions||40 Marks|
|English Comprehension||10 Questions||40 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions||800 Marks|
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Syllabus
The JIPMER MBBS Syllabus comprises of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logical and Quantitative Reasoning, and English Comprehension. The topics will be from the Class 11th and 12th subjects.
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Alternating Current
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electronic Devices
- Dual Nature of Nature Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Alcohols and Aldehydes
- Surface Chemistry
- Solid State
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acid, Phenols and Ethers
- D and F Block Elements
- P- Block Elements
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Haloalkenes and Haloaerens
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Co-ordination Compounds Isolation of Elements
- Cell Structure and Function Structural Organization in Plants and Animals
- Human Physiology Biotechnology
- Biology and Human Warfare Plant Physiology
- Ecology and Environment
English Language and Comprehension
- First Section A – Reading Unseen Passage and Note-Making
- Second Section B- Writing Skills
- Section C- Literature and Long Reading
Recommended Books for JIPMER 2020
When it comes to preparation, books are a highly required thing. We have listed out some of the best books for JIPMER 2020-
- Chapterwise Explorer JIPMER (Author- MTG Editorial Board)
- Objective Physics (Satya Prakash Arya)
- JIPMER Medical 15 years Solved Papers.
- Objective Chemistry (MTG Editorial Board)
- The Objective Botany (MTG Editorial Board)
- Target JIPMER by Arun Kumar
- Objective Zoology (MTG Editorial Board)
JIPMER 2020 Preparation Tips
Okay, so now that you have got the idea of the exam pattern and syllabus, now let’s check the Preparation Tips of JIPMER 2020. So, here are some of the preparation tips for JIPMER 2020 that will help you in the preparation.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Get to know the Exam Pattern and Syllabus well. This will help you to analyze and make strategies in your preparation.
Categorize the subjects based on your Difficulty Level
Now categorize the subjects on the basis of your difficulty level. Note that you have almost one year to prepare. Strategize how you want to prepare. It is advisable to start with the difficult subjects first so that you can have more time for revision.
Make Notes of Everything
Make Notes of Everything, this will help you to revise the topics when you are close to the exam. This will also help to make your basic fundamentals more strong.
Take Online Mock Tests and Previous Year Questions
Take Online Mock Tests frequently, this will enhance your time management skills as well as improve your speed in attempting the questions. Previous Year Questions are also important, as they will give you an idea about the exam pattern and types of questions that are asked in the exam.
Check JIPMER Syllabus 2020
JIPMER Cut Off Marks 2020
The Cutoff marks are the minimum marks that are set by the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education. To qualify the next stage, candidates have to score more than the cutoff marks.
JIPMER Minimum Qualifying Marks (Cut Off)
The Minimum Qualifying Marks of JIPMER MBBS is as follows-
|Category||Minimum Required Percentile|
Check JIPMER 2020 Cutoff Marks
Highlights of JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern
- The JIPMER Entrance Exam is conducted online.
- The Test Time Duration of the Exam is 2 Hours and 30 Minutes.
- Total Number of Questions asked is 200 Questions.
- The Exam Paper is divided into five sections- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning, and English Comprehension.
- Total Marks Allotted in the Exam is 800 Marks
- The Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Education conducts the Exam every year.
The JIPMER MBBS Application Form 2020 will be released in March 2020. Candidates who are eligible can fill in the application form before the closing date. To know more about the Examination, you can refer to the following articles.