NEET Syllabus 2020 is available here. Candidates who have received Admit Card for the Examination can check out the syllabus here. The NEET 2020 Syllabus includes topics from Physics, Chemistry and Biology Subjects. The Medical Council of India (MCI) is responsible for preparing the NEET MBBS Syllabus 2020. The Syllabus plays a very important role in the preparation of NEET Exam Preparation. In NEET, the syllabus comes from Class 11th and 12th Subject Topics. In this article, we have provided complete details about NEET Syllabus so that you can start preparing for the exam. This article includes Important Dates, Exam Pattern, Importance of the Examination, detailed exam syllabus of NEET etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Important Dates of NEET 2020 Exam
The Official Dates of NEET will be available soon on the official website. Candidates can check the tentative dates that we have mentioned down below. This will give you an idea of how and when to start your preparation for the examination.
|Events||Dates Scheduled (Tentative)|
|The Release of the Application Form||October/November 2019|
|Exam Dates for NEET 2020||1st or 2nd week of Feb 2020|
Highlights of NEET Syllabus 2020
- The NEET MBBS Syllabus will be available along with the Official Notification.
- The Medical Council of India (MCI) is responsible for preparing the NEET Syllabus.
- The Syllabus includes the subject topics of Class 11th and 12th.
- The NEET 2020 Syllabus includes topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Zoology/Botany).
- Candidates who have been issued with NEET Admit Card 2020 will be able to appear the exam.
- Questions in the NEET Exam will be based on the syllabus that is provided.
Things To Know Before Heading to NEET Syllabus 2020
Things to Know Before Heading to the NEET MBBS Syllabus 2020 are-
- The NEET Exam Pattern and Syllabus will be same as that of NEET 2019.
- The Syllabus and Other details about NEET will be available in the Official Notification.
- Candidates who have submitted the NEET Application Form successfully will be issued with NEET Admit Card 2020.
- You can download NEET Admit Card by submitting your Registration Number and Password.
- On the basis of the NEET 2020 Syllabus, questions will be available.
NEET Syllabus 2020 – Exam Pattern
Before heading to the Syllabus of NEET Exam, it is important to know about the Exam Pattern of the Exam.
- The Expected Date of NEET Exam 2020 is 1st/2nd Week of Feb 2020.
- The Exam will be conducted offline (pen-paper) based.
- The Total Time Duration of the Exam will be for 3 Hours.
- The Exam is conducted in Hindi and English and other regional languages. The languages include – Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada, and Urdu.
- Questions are available in Multiple Choice Format. That means Objective Type Based.
- The Exam Paper is divided into three sections- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The Physics and Chemistry section carries 45 Questions each whereas the Biology section carries 90 questions.
- The Question paper comprises of a total of 180 questions.
- Each question carries 4 marks. For every correct answer, candidates will receive 4 marks and for every wrong answer -1 mark is given.
- Total marks in the Examination is 720 marks.
- The Exam will take place over 154 Cities.
NEET Syllabus 2020- In Details
As said earlier, the syllabus includes Cass 11th and 12th Topics from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Zoology and Botany). Let’s check the syllabus in details.
NEET Physics Syllabus 2020
NEET MBBS Class XI Syllabus
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of motion
- The motion of System and Particles and Rigid Body
- Oscillations and Waves
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
NEET MBBS Class XII Syllabus
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of the Mattern and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
Recommended Books for Physics NEET 2020 Preparation
- Physics of Medical Entrance Examinations – DC Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker.
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma
- Complete NEET Guide by MTG Editorial Board
- Objective NCERT at your fingertips for NEET AIIMS -Physics
- NEET Physics Guide – 5th Edition by Disha Publications
Chemistry NEET MBBS Syllabus
NEET MBBS Class XI Syllabus
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- States of Matter- Gases and Liquids
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Redox Reactions
- S and P Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
NEET MBBS Class XII Syllabus
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- D and F Block Elements
- P bLock Elements
- General Principles and Isolation of the Elements
- Co-ordination Compounds
- Haloalkenes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Recommended Books for NEET 2020 Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry by O.P Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
- 40 Days Chemistry for NEET by Sudhanshu Thakur
- Objective Chemistry for NEET Vol 1 and 2 by R.K Gupta
NEET Syllabus 2020 – Biology
NEET MBBS Class XI Syllabus
- Diversity in the Living World
- Structural Organizations in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Human Physiology
- Pant Physiology
NEET Class XII Syllabus
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and Environment
- Biotechnology and its Applications
Recommended Books for NEET Biology Syllabus 2020
- Complete NEET Guide: Biology by MTG Editorial Board
- Elementary Biology Vol 1 and 2 by Trueman
- Question Bank for Biology Dr. Ali
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- NEET Biology Guide by Disha Publications
Exam Analysis Prediction for NEET MBBS Syllabus 2020
NEET Syllabus 2020 Exam Analysis – Physics
- Physics is the toughest subject from all the three subjects.
- The Questions are basically tricky and lengthy.
- As per the last year, out of 45 Questions, at least 7 to 8 questions were tough.
- The Magnetism and Mechanics hold the maximum weightage of marks in the question paper.
Weightage Distribution of NEET Syllabus 2020 – Physics
|NEET 2020 Subject Chapters||Weightage of Chapters in NEET 2020|
|Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||7.3%|
|Magnetism and Moving Charges||6.3%|
|Rigid Body Dynamics||5.6%|
|Work, Energy, Power||5.2%|
|Kinetic Theory and Thermal Properties of Matter||2.0%|
NEET Syllabus 2020 Exam Analysis – Chemistry
- This is a Moderately Level Section.
- Questions comprise both theoretical and reasoning based on the practical.
- It is expected that most of the questions will be asked from Class XII than XI.
- Last year 21 questions were asked from Class XI and 23 Questions were asked from Class XII.
- The Organic Chemistry and Physical Chemistry carries the maximum weightage.
Weightage of Each Topic in NEET Syllabus 2020 – Chemistry
|NEET Important Chapters – Chemistry||Chapter Wise Weightage for NEET 2020|
|The D and F Block Elements||4.4%|
|IUPAC and Isomerism||4.0%|
|Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry||3.8%|
|Haloalkenes and Haloarenes||2.2%|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life||1.3%|
|Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids||1.0%|
NEET Syllabus 2020 Exam Analysis – Biology
- The Biology Section comprises of 45 Questions.
- The Biology section is divided into two sections – Botany and Zoology
- An equal number of questions are asked from both Class XI and XII.
- Human Physiology and Plant Diversity will contain the maximum number of weightage.
Weightage of Each Topic in NEET Syllabus 2020 – Biology
|Important Topics in NEET 2020||NEET 2020 Chapter-Wise Weightage|
|Human Physiology Biological Classification Molecular Basis of Inheritance||12.0%|
|Molecular Basis of Inheritance||8.2%|
|Human Health and Diseases||4.3%|
|Biotechnology – Principles and Processes||3.1%|
|Microbes in Human Welfare||2.7%|
|Strategies for Enhancement of Food Production||1.4%|
Importance of NEET 2020 Syllabus
NEET Syllabus 2020 will help the candidates will help the candidates in their NEET Preparation. Through the syllabus, candidates will get to know about the types and the weightage of the questions asked in the examination. The questions will be asked only from Class XI and XII Subject Topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.