Maharashtra MBBS Counselling 2019: Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) Mumbai will be conducting the Maharashtra MBBS and BDS Counselling for the academic session of 2019-20. DMER Mumbai will conduct the Maharashtra MBBS Counselling 2019 on the basis of the Maharashtra MBBS Merit List 2019. Candidates, who are interested and eligible, will have to register themselves from the official website of Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Admissions. The Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Counselling will begin, tentatively, from the 1st week of July 2019. Last year, it took two rounds of Maharashtra MBBS Counselling session for seats to completely fill. It will be expected to be same for the coming session of MBBS admission in Maharashtra. Maharashtra MBBS Counselling 2019 will be accompanied by seat allotment process. Seats will be allotted solely on the basis of NEET score/rank and Maharashtra MBBS Merit List. However, DMER will also consider quotas and reservations for admitting students into various medical and dental colleges.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, candidates will be informed all about the 2019 Maharashtra MBBS Counselling and Seat Allotment.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Counselling Dates
Maharashtra MBBS Counselling for the 2019-20 academic sessions will be expected to go on for a couple of rounds. The first round will begin, provisionally, from the 1st week of July 2019. The whole counseling and seat allotment procedure will be carried out till the seats are completely filled.
|1||Online Registration for Maharashtra MBBS Counselling||3rd week of June 2019|
|2||Registration Deadline||3rd week of June 2019|
|3||Merit List Release||4th week of June 2019|
|4||Document verification||4th week of June 2019|
|5||First Round of Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Counselling||1st week of July 2019|
|6||First Seat Allotment Result||1st week of July 2019|
|7||Last date to report to college||3rd week of July 2019|
|8||Second Round of Maharashtra MBBS Counselling 2019||1st week of August 2019|
|9||Second Seat Allotment Result||1st week of August 2019|
|10||Last Date for Admission Confirmation||2nd week of August 2019|
|11||Mop Up Round||3rd – 4th week of August|
How to Participate in Maharashtra MBBS/BDS Counselling 2019
Candidates whose names will be mentioned in the Maharashtra MBBS Merit List will be able to participate in the Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Counseling. To participate in the counseling process, candidates will have to register themselves and give their college preferences. Apart from that, candidate’s NEET Score/Rank will be a huge deciding factor for the Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Admissions. Eligible candidates will then have to get their documents verified. Once the seat allotment results are out, candidates will have a specific time frame to confirm their admissions by physically reporting to the allotted college.
Given below is a detailed procedure for participation in Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Counseling.
Step 1: Register and Login
- The Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Admission Application form will be released during the 3rd week of June 2019.
- Candidates will have to get registered from the official website of DMER Mumbai.
- Registration will involve filling in the personal and academic details and uploading documents that are mentioned in the form. Specifications for uploading images will be provided later.
Step 2: Check the Merit List
- Once the candidates are registered, DMER Mumbai will release the Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Merit List.
- This Merit List will then be the basis of Maharashtra MBBS Seat Allotment.
Step 3: Choice Filling and Locking
- Candidate must give their preferences of desired colleges in the order of choice.
- Choice filling and locking will be done by logging in to the registered ID and selecting the choices therein.
- Candidates will be able to choose as many colleges as he wishes.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
- Candidates will have to download the Maharashtra MBBS Counselling Call letter from the official website and reach the said venue with valid documents.
- Candidates will be given seat allotment on the basis of their NEET Score/Rank and seat and Merit List. Top candidates will be given preferences over the lower ranked candidates.
Step 5: Admission Confirmation
- Candidates will have to confirm their admissions before the last date by reporting to the allotted college with valid documents and admission fees.
Seat Reservation in Maharashtra MBBS Counselling 2019
although the seats are allotted solely on the basis of the NEET Score/Rank and Maharashtra MBBS Merit List, candidates with reservations and quotas will be left some seats with. The following table showcases the distribution of seats among categories.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Scheduled caste and Schedule tribe converts to Buddhism||19.5%|
|Other Backward Class||28.5%|
|Women Candidates (for all categories)||60%|
|PWD (for all categories)||10%|
Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Counselling – Document Verification
Candidates will have to get their documents verified for various reasons. Mostly, it will be for the verification of identity. Documents are to be verified after the registrations of Maharashtra MBBS 2019 Admission are done successfully done with. Given below is the list of documents that candidates will have to show to the authorities for verification process.
- Domicile certificate of Maharashtra
- NEET 2019 Result Copy
- NEET 2019 Admit Card
- Counselling letter of Maharashtra MBBS BDS 2019 Admissions
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of fee transaction slip and application form of Maharashtra MBBS BDS 2019 Admissions.