The admission to Kerala government medical colleges will be carried out by CEE (Commissioner of Entrance Examination), Kerala. The admission to eligible candidates will be given through National level examination called NEET. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test will be conducted on 6th June 2018. In order to apply for Kerala MBBS admissions, candidates must first take the NEET 2018. The full details about the application form are given below.
Important Dates Kerala MBBS Application Form
The important dates related to the release of the Kerala MBBS application form are crucial for every candidate. Aspirants must keep themselves updated with the released dates so that they do not miss out on any event. Kerala MBBS 2018 application form dates are tabulated below:
|Online application starts||1st week of February 2018|
|Last date to submit the application||4th week of February 2018|
|Last date to send a printout of the application form||4th week of March|
|NEET 2018||6th May 2018|
|NEET 2018 Results||5th June 2018|
|Reopening of application for Kerala MBBS admissions||1st week of July 2018|
|Publication of Merit List||2nd week July 2018|
Candidates who are planning to seek admission in MBBS courses offered in the medical colleges of Kerala will have to first fill the online application form. The application forms for MBBS were made available online from the 1st of February 2018. And the last date to fill the same is 28th February 2018. Applicants have to first go to the official website, fill up the application form and then send a print out of the same to Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, 5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 001.
Apart from filling up the application form, candidates will also be required to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature and left-hand thumb-impression. The Kerala MBBS 2018 application will be considered incomplete without the payment of the application fee. Candidates belonging to the general category will be required to pay Rs.500 and SC category candidates have to pay Rs 200 as the application fee. Those belonging to the ST category have been exempted from paying the application fee. The application fees have to be paid by credit card, debit card, net banking or e-challan. Candidates must make sure they affix their photograph of 3.5 x 4.5 cm size same as the photograph uploaded on the online application duly attested by the Head of the Institution which he/she studied last or by a Gazetted Officer. He/she has to send the application along with other relevant documents before the last date of Submission.
Step by step procedure to fill the Kerala MBBS Application Form
- Candidate Registration – This is a one-step process where candidates will be generated an application number. He/she will have to enter a password of their choice and re-enter it for confirmation. This application number and password will be required to log in to the individual account.
- Uploading of Images – The applicant in this step has to upload the scanned images of his photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression in jpeg file format in the required specifications.
- Filling up the application form – All candidates have to fill up the application form with the required details related to the candidate’s personal profile and academics. If the application is filled completely, candidate can preview the details of the application before going to the Final Submission, by clicking the ‘Save & Preview’ button. After making it sure that all the information given are correct and true, click the ‘Final Submission’ button to submit the online application ultimately.
- Payment of Fees – Candidates who do not belong to the SC/ST category will be considered under the general category. Candidates belonging to the general category will be required to pay Rs.500 and SC category candidates have to pay Rs 200 as the application fee. Those belonging to the ST category have been exempted from paying the application fee. The application fees has to be paid through credit card, debit card, net banking or e-challan. In case of payment through e-challan, the payment should be made in all Head /Sub Post Offices in Kerala, in cash. The e-challan generated from the website after online submission of the application should be handed over to the post office and after depositing the fee plus processing charge, as applicable, the counterfoil (Candidate’s copy) of the e-challan must be collected back from the post office official. The applicant must make sure that the post office official has recorded the transaction ID and if the payment is successful, candidate’s payment tab will be turned green. After payment, the other entries will be made automatically.
- Print application – After the above-mentioned steps have been completed, the candidate must take a print out of the filled in application form.
- Sending the application form – The last step is to send the filled in application form to the concerned authority along with the required documents to the concerned authority.
Documents to be attached with the Kerala MBBS Application Form
- Proof for Nativity
- Self Attested copy of the relevant page of the SSLC or equivalent certificate to prove date of birth, in case Date of Birth is not certified in the Course Certificate issued by the Head of the Institution, in the Application.
- Course Certificate in original duly filled in with signature and seal of the Head of the Institution in which the candidate is studying OR Self Attested copy of the final year mark list of the qualifying examination.
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in the prescribed format in original from the concerned Village Officer for community reservation claims in the case of SEBC/OEC candidates.
- Community Certificate in original from the concerned Tahsildar in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- Original certificates as proof in support of any claim for special reservation.
- Inter-Caste marriage certificate in original from the Tahsildar concerned, if applicable.
- Self-attested copy of Medical certificate from the District Medical Board in the case of ‘Persons with disabilities’ [PD].
- Self-attested copies of mark lists of ALL PARTS of the BSc. Degree Examination and Higher Secondary or equivalent Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects, in case of those seeking admission to Medical courses.