JIPMER B.Sc Nursing Counselling 2021: Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) conducts the counselling rounds. Thus, the guidelines for counselling process are published on the official website of JIPMER Nursing 2021. All merit list candidates’ have to appear for this round. The absentees may lose out their seats to other deserving candidates’. Note that biometric fingerprints and image verifications are done on the day of counselling. Candidates shall further ensure that they reach the venue on time. Moreover, candidates can check the venue, date, and time details of this round on the official website (www.jipmer.edu.in). For more details regarding JIPMER B.Sc Nursing Counselling 2021, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
JIPMER B.Sc Nursing Counselling 2021
Candidates’ have to carry certain documents for JIPMER Nursing Counselling. In addition, a list of important documents is available here. The officials conduct counselling rounds until no vacant seats are there. Candidates who qualify are granted admission to Nursing colleges on JIPMER campuses. The authorities do not entertain requests for representatives appearing on behalf of the candidate. Therefore, make sure that you are available on the day of counselling.
|JIPMER B.Sc Nursing Exam Events||Dates Scheduled|
|Examination Date of JIPMER Nursing 2021||4th Week of June 2021|
|Declaration of the JIPMER Nursing Results||Last Week of June 2021|
|First Round of Counselling||2nd Week of July 2021|
|Second Round of Counselling||– August 2021 –|
|Third Round of Counselling||– September 2021 –|
|Final Counselling Dates||3rd Week of September 2021|
|Dates of Closing Admission||Last Week of September 2021|
Check – BSc. Nursing Course Details
JIPMER BSc Nursing Selection Procedure
- Candidates’ have to clear the entrance exam for admission in the provided courses. Thus, if you are preparing or planning to appear for the exam, then make sure that you have complete knowledge about the admission process.
- Further, authorities select students on the basis of merit. They prepare a merit list, wherein they rank students as per their scores in the exam.
- These merit list students have to further appear for the counselling round. This round basically takes place for document verification. Therefore, do not forget to carry all the essential documents. The officials allot seats to candidates’ on the day of counselling itself.
- Furthermore, a candidate must satisfy the eligibility criteria. The candidates’ should check it out even before filling the application form.
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria for Counselling
The applicants should satisfy the eligibility criteria. JIPMER 2021 Entrance Exam eligibility criteria are given down below. However, note that it is in accordance with the last years’ brochure.
- Both male and female candidates’ are eligible.
- However, the applicants should be a citizen of India.
- In addition, the candidate should have completed 17 years of age before 31 December of the year of admission. There is no upper age limit criteria.
- Moreover, the applicant should have passed Higher/ Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination from a recognized Board/ University. In addition, he/ she should have passed with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Botany / Zoology as their compulsory subjects. The Minimum Aggregate marks to score in these subjects is 50% for General Category Candidates and 40% for Reserved Category Candidates. For OPH Category candidates, the minimum aggregate scores are 45%.
- Furthermore, the candidates’ who are studying or have studied medical laboratory assistants in the vocational stream cannot take part in admission rounds.
The Counselling notification is published on the JIPMER Nursing official website. It will indicate the details of the counselling rounds, date, time, and venue.
JIPMER Nursing 2021 Seat Matrix
The Seat Matrix of JIPMER Nursing indicates the no. of seats available for each nursing course. Thus, the officials of JIPMER allot seats as per the seat matrix.
|Name of Allied Medical Science Courses||No. of Available Seats|
|Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (BASLP)||04|
|Cardiac Laboratory Technology||04|
|Blood Banking Technology||04|
|Radio- diagnosis Technology||04|
|Nuclear Medicine Technology||04|
|Clinical Nutritionists and Dietetics||04|
|Medical Laboratory Technology||30|
Check – RUHS BSc Nursing Counselling
JIPMER BSc Nursing Counselling – Important Documents
The candidates’ have to carry the following documents along for the counselling round. Note that the documents have to be submitted with one set of self-attested copies.
- Rank Letter
- Original Hall Ticket with the seal of the center representative/ invigilator.
- Birth Certificate or Xth class Certificate
- Mark Sheets of the qualifying examination
- Character certificate issued by the head of the institute last attended.
- Six passport size recent photographs
- Residence certificate issued by the revenue authority. Moreover, the authority issuing the certificate should not be less than Tahsildar.
- Caste certificate (If Applicable)
- PWD candidates’ have to provide a medical certificate
JIPMER Nursing Merit List 2021
The merit list indicates the names of the selected candidates’. Moreover, students have to appear for counselling rounds in accordance with this list. This list is made for ranking candidates in order of merit. This helps the authorities in segregating candidates’ on the basis of merit. JIPMER 2021 Merit List is published on the official website. The authorities release it in PDF format. Thus, candidates’ can download it easily. The Mop-Up Counselling is conducted if seats are left vacant after the three rounds of counselling. The venue, date, and time details of counselling are provided on the website after the release of the merit list.
JIPMER Nursing Counselling Rounds
The no. of rounds conducted is directly proportional to the no. of seats left vacant. If no seat is left vacant after the second round, then the authorities may not conduct a third round of counselling. Further, the details regarding the counselling rounds are as following:
- First Round: The no. of students called for counselling will be 8 times the no. of available seats. Thus, the candidates’ who cannot appear for the first round, can come for the second round of counselling.
- Second Round: The second round of counselling is conducted, in case some of the seats are left vacant after the first one. Moreover, applicants who appeared for first-round but do not exercise the option can appear for this round.
- Third Round: If some of the seats are still left vacant after the 1st and 2nd round of counselling, then the third round is conducted.
- Open Counselling: If the seats are still left vacant, then an open counselling round takes place. In this round, all merit list candidates’ can appear.
JIPMER 2021 Nursing Verification Process
The verification procedure is done on the day of counselling. Note that all candidates’ have to clear this round for being eligible for admission. The complete verification procedure is explained below.
- The applicants have to first register for the counselling round. Further, officials do not entertain unregistered candidates’.
- Then biometric fingerprint and image verification are done. In case of a mismatch, the candidate is not eligible for admission in the offered courses.
- The officials then verify the documents of the applicants. Make sure that you have all of them. The officials reject the applications of students who are not able to produce the required documents.