Bachelors of Science (Nursing) is a 4-year Undergraduate program offered by many Government and private Institutions in India. The main objective of this undergraduate program is to develop expertise in the knowledge in providing the most refined and superior nursing care. The BSc. Nursing Course Details is a professional course in the field of healthcare and medicine. The nursing course helps in building curative as well as professional qualities in the nurses and midwives. These nurses, in the future, can provide rehabilitative services to ailing patients. This article briefly analyzes BSc. Nursing Course Details and other important aspects of the Undergraduate Nursing Program.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Indian Army BSc Nursing 2021 Application Form has been released. Aspirants can hence apply now to seek admission. Furthermore, the form must be submitted before the due date, i.e 10th March 2021.
BSc. Nursing Course Details
The 4-year nursing program is based on the sole objective of developing nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations. For example, protect the rights of and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health. Also, they can easily function in the hospital and provide community nursing services. They can conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. Consequently, trained nurses can provide the best nursing care using the knowledge and skills imparted to them during the course curriculum. Therefore, Bachelor’s in Nursing course provides qualified nurses to cope with the advancement in medical science and technology. Read further articles to know more about BSc. Nursing Course Details.
Also Check:- RUHS BSc. Nursing Counseling
BSc. Nursing Admission Requirements
This undergraduate program in Nursing is designed to train nurses in curative and holistic healthcare. Therefore, interested candidates can apply for the course. The Indian Nursing Council and various State Nursing Councils regulate the admission procedure and also the course curriculum. This section describes all the admission requirements for B.Sc. Nursing Course in India.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Also, the candidates should have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (l2-years course), or Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2), pre-degree Examination (10+2), or An equivalent with 12 years schooling from a recognized board or university with Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- In addition, A minimum of 50 % aggregate marks and English as a compulsory subject.
- Minimum education: Most importantly, the candidates have to pass 10+2 class with Science (PCB) & English Core/ English Elective with an aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under AISSCE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ SSCE/ HSCE or other equivalent Board.
- Also, the Medical Fitness of the candidate is mandatory for admission into the course.
- Also, read BSc. Post Basic (Nursing) Eligibility- B.Sc.(Post-Basic) – Candidates should pass 10+2 in PCB. Those who have passed 10+1 are also eligible for admission. The student must have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M (Registered Nurse Registered Midwife) with the State Nurses Registration Council. Also, proof of training by the Indian Nursing Council or equivalent is required in the following domain:
- O.T. Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Also, 4 years including the internship. The period of certified study and training of the B.Sc. Nursing Degree course shall be of four academic years consists of eight semesters.
The medium of Instruction-
- English shall be the medium of instruction for all the subjects of study and for the examination of the Course.
- The Annual / Summative Examinations are conducted in the semester pattern for all four years, each year consisting of two semesters. The particulars of subjects for various examinations and distribution of marks are detailed in the Scheme of Examination.
Average Course Fees-
- The average annual BSc. Nursing Course Fees in India is INR 20,000 to 1.5 Lakhs
Average Starting Salary-
- A B.Sc Nursing graduate can get a job with a salary upto INR 2 to 5 Lakhs. However, this is just the average salary as it depends upon other factors as well.
BSc. Nursing Admission Procedure 2021
The admission in the undergraduate Nursing course takes place through the BSc. Nursing Entrance Test. In other words, the Candidates are given admission on the basis of the marks in the entrance-level/ selection test. Therefore, the selection of the candidates occurs on the basis of the merit of the entrance examination taken by the University of the competent authority. Also, the candidates have to score good marks to get admission into the course.
Also, for filling online, candidates need to go to the main website of the concerned authority conducting the entrance exam and fill in the requirements. After that, take the printout of the BSc. Nursing Application Form. And, the printout along with the obligatory documents and DD amount has to be sent to the concerned exam body.
Similarly, For offline application, candidates need to get the form along with the brochure from the exam conducting body or from the designated centers and can finish the formality.
Check – BSc. Nursing
Bachelors in Nursing Entrance Exam Syllabus
The admission into the Nursing course takes place after conducting an entrance exam. Therefore, the willing candidates must fill the BSc. Nursing Application Form in order to sit for the entrance exam. Also, the entrance test usually occurs in the month of May-June. Every institution/ college conducts its own entrance exam for admission. The following table explains the Syllabus of BSc. Nursing Entrance Exam. Above all, the candidates have to prepare well in order to score good marks and secure their admission.
|Part I: Biology||Physics||Chemistry|
|Living and Non-Living||Units and Measurements||The Atomic Structure|
|Cell Structure and Function||Mechanics||Chemical Bonding|
|Plant Physiology||Heat Transfer||States of Matter|
|Animal Physiology||Vibration and Waves||Mixtures, Solutions, and Solubility|
|Reproduction in Plant and Animal||Light and Sound||The Gas Laws|
|Genetic Basis of Inheritance||Electricity and Magnetism||Elements and Compounds|
|Origin and Evolution of Life||Modern Physics||The Periodic Table|
|Human Disorders||–||Important Concepts in chemistry|
|Ecology and Ecosystems||–||Organic Chemistry|
|–||–||Water and Organic Compounds in the Environment|
|Section 4||Part 5||Section 6|
|General Ability||English Language||General Knowledge|
Bachelor of Nursing Course Topics
The BSc. Nursing Course Details contains a 4-year topic-wise syllabus. Therefore, the enrolled candidates need to briefly go through these topics to get a better understanding of the BSc. Nursing Course Details. So, here we have a list of topics given below:
|Year I||Year II|
|Nutrition||Pathology and Genetics|
|Nursing Foundation||Community Health Nursing|
|Psychology||Communication and Educational Technology|
|Introduction to Computer||–|
|Year III||Year IV|
|Medical-Surgical Nursing||Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing|
|Child Health Nursing||Community Health Nursing|
|Mental Health Nursing||Nursing Research and Statistics|
|Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing||Management of Nursing Services and Education|
BSc. (Nursing) Top Colleges
There are various government as well as private institutions in India offering Bachelor in Nursing courses. BSc. Nursing Top Colleges in India are listed below. Therefore, the candidates need to check the official website of each college for the latest information.
|Name||Location||Average Annual Fees|
|Christian Medical College||Vellore||INR 23,255|
|Sri Ramchandra University||Chennai||INR 50,000|
|SRM University Kattankulathur||Chennai||INR 55,000|
|KLE University||Belgaum||INR 51,000|
|Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University||Pune||INR 80,000|
|Annamalai University||Chidambaram||INR 56,280|
|Christian Medical College||Ludhiana||INR 1,47,800|
|Symbiosis International University||Pune||INR 1,70,000|
|Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi||INR 1,97,000|
|Government Medical College||Nagpur||INR 9,800|
|Sharda University||Greater Noida||INR 1,26,000|
Also CheckMSc. Nursing Course Overview, PDF
Nursing Career Prospects
After completing the 4-year Undergraduate Course in Nursing, the candidates can have ample career opportunities. The average salary of a BSc. Nursing Graduate starts from 2 to 5 Lakhs per annum. The candidates develop a promising skill in nursing healthcare. They can be appointed as nurses in many prestigious hospitals and nursing homes. Also, these graduate nurses are prepared to work as:
- Care Provider
Some of the best hospitals in India hire these graduates, few of them are :
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprises
- Fortis Healthcare
- Medanta Medicity
- Columbia Asia Hospital
- Wockhardt Hospitals
- Global Hospitals
- Max Hospital
- Manipal Hospital
List of Job Profiles and Expected Salary
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Case Manager||The case Manager accomplishes the client’s care by assessing treatment needs. Develop, Monitor, and Evaluate treatment plans.||INR 2.3 to 8.5 Lakhs|
|Clinical Nurse Specialist||A clinical Nurse Specialist is an advanced practice nurse that looks after patient care and provides consultation services in various health areas. These professionals typically practice medicine and conduct research.||INR 2 to 3 Lakhs|
|Nurse Anaesthetist||Nurse Anaesthetist administers anesthesia to patients.||INR 10- 12 Lakhs|
|Nurse Educator||Nurse Educator mainly works towards educating aspiring nurses about basic concepts of nursing. They are often responsible for developing a curriculum and teaching using lectures or lab/clinical work.||INR 3.8 Lakhs|
|Nurse Practitioner||Nurse Practitioner generally works towards providing general and preventative care, conduct check-ups, treat illnesses, order lab tests, and prescribe medication for children and adults.||INR 2.16 Lakhs|
|Staff Nurse||Staff Nurse monitors and administrates medication and intravenous infusions. They generally take patient’s samples, pulses, temperatures, and blood pressures.||INR 2.37 Lakhs|
|Manager/Administrator||Manager/Administrator look after the support operations of an organization. They make sure that effective information flow exists and that resources are employed efficiently throughout a business.||INR 5 Lakhs|
|Research Associate||Research Associate works to collect, prepares, analyze, dissect, and evaluates specimens and tissue cultures.||INR 3 Lakhs|
|Psychologist||Psychologists study the human mind. Research helps us understand behavior, memory, and mental health disorders.||INR 3 Lakhs|