Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will be responsible for conducting the counselling of JEE Advanced 2020. The counselling procedure will commence certainly from the third week of June 2020. The authority will invite those applicants for counselling who qualify the entrance examination and meet the prescribed cutoff. However, candidates will be able to participate in the counselling via online mode. JEE Advanced counselling 2020 will be held specifically in 7 rounds for which students have to first register themselves. During the counselling, applicants have to fill the choices of institute and engineering branch followed by locking of these choices. Once the choices filled, candidates have to lock them. Further, the concerned authority will allot seats to candidates after which they have to report at the counselling centres. There are near around 97 institutes that offer seats for admission to students.
Check Eligibility For Jee Advanced Exam
Overview of JEE Advanced Counselling 2020
|The organizer of the Counselling||Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA)|
|Mode of the Counselling||Online Mode|
|Eligibility||75% marks in class 12th (65% for SC/ST) or high rank in JEE Advanced 2020 examination|
|Procedure||Online Registration, Filling of Choices, Locking of Choices. Allotment of Seats, reporting at the Counselling venues|
|Total number of Participating Institutes||23 IITs|
|Total number of Seats||For 4-Year course: 9064 seats|
For 5-Year course: 1924 seats
|Total Streams Available||For 4-Year course: 166 streams|
For 5-Year course: 79 streams
JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling Dates
Applicants who qualify the exam must know about the commencing date of jee advanced counselling. 2020. The date will be available on the official portal. Therefore, candidates must visit the portal from time to time.
|1||Beginning of Registration and Choice Filling||Third week of June 2020|
|2||Mock Seat Allotment – Round 1||Third week of June 2020|
|3||Mock Seat Allotment – Round 2||Third week of June 2020|
|4||Last Date for Registration and Choice Filling||Third week of June 2020|
|5||Seat Allotment – Round 1||Fourth week of June 2020|
|6||Seat Allotment – Round 2||First week of July 2020|
|7||Seat Allotment – Round 3||Second week of July 2020|
|8||Seat Allotment – Round 4||Second week of July 2020|
|9||Seat Allotment – Round 5||Second week of July 2020|
|10||Seat Allotment – Round 6||Third week of July 2020|
|11||Seat Allotment – Round 7||Third week of July 2020|
Eligibility For The JEE Advanced Counselling
For appearing in the counselling, applicants have to satisfy some of the requirements. These requirements are collectively known as the eligibility criteria. Hence the authority will allow only eligible candidates to take part in the Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2020 counselling.
- Candidates must have qualified JEE Advanced 2020 examination.
- Applicants belonging to the General category must have obtained 75% aggregate marks in class 12th or equivalent examination. Whereas, applicants belonging to SC/ ST category must have secured 65% aggregate marks.
- The student must be among 20 toppers in class 12th or equivalent examination
- If an individual fails in one or more than one subject in the qualifying examination must appear for the exam and clear it in that same attempt.
Process Of JEE Advanced Counselling 2020
It is mandatory for qualifiers of the entrance examination to take part in the Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2020 Counselling. Those who participate will be offered a seat in various participating institutes. The counselling process consists of a number of steps. These steps are listed as follows:
Step 1 – Online Registration
Candidates have to register themselves online by logging in using their roll number and password. Upon successful registration, applicants will be able to view previously filled details. These details must be carefully checked and after checking, the candidate must reconfirm it.
Step 2 – Filling of Choices
The successfully registered applicants will eventually be able to fill the choice of institutes and courses as per their preference and convenience. These choices must be filled in the priority order. Students have to fill the maximum number of choices in order to have a higher chance of getting admission.
Step 3 – Locking of Filled Choices
After filling the choices, it is compulsory to lock them. If aspirants fail to lock the choices filled by them then the concerned authority will automatically lock the previously filled choices of an individual.
Step 4 – Allotment of Seats
Candidates will be able to know about their seat allotment according to the choices filled through the Mock Allotment. Also, they can make modifications in the choices after the mock allotment. There will be 7 rounds of seat allotment based on the merit, category, choices filled, and availability of seats. After each seat allotment round, students need to freeze, slide or float the allotted seat.
Step 5 – Reporting to the Counselling centres
Aspirants need to download their provisional Seat Allotment Letter and pay a certain amount of fees for accepting the seat allotted to them. In addition, the authority will verify the documents at these centres. In addition, students need to report at the allotted centres so as to confirm their seats for admission. While reporting, applicants have to pay an admission fee. This fee varies according to different categories. The table below displays the required amount of fees to be paid by different categories:
|S.No||Category||Amount of Admission Fee|
|1||General and OBC||60,000|
|2||SC,ST and PwD||20,000|
Documents Required For JEE Advanced Counselling 2020
The concerned authority will use several documents for verification purposes. Thus, candidates need to produce all the relevant documents on the day of counselling. Students need to carry the following list of document which includes the following:
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Certificate of Date of Birth
- JEE Advanced 2020 Seat Allotment Letter
- Admit Card of JEE Advanced 2020
- JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form
- Category Certificate (for SC/ St/ PwD/ OBC-NCL, if applicable)
- For Foreign Nationals- Attested photocopy of the page in the passport which comprise of name, photo, and nationality
- Medical examination Report
Changes In JEE Advanced 2020 Seat Allotment Process
- Applicants can withdraw the seat allotted to them in any of the rounds except the last round.
- The seat withdrawal will be significant in reduction of unfilled seats at the any of the participating institutes such as IITs, IIITs, NITs, and GFTIs.
Steps to check the Seat Allotment Status
Applicants have to follow some simple steps in order to check the status of seat allotment at the time of Joint Entrance Examination Advanced Counselling 2020. However, the allotment will depend upon the rank secured, choices filled, category and availability of seats.
The steps to check the status are mentioned beneath:
- Log in by entering the details such as registration number, roll number and password so as to check the seat allotment status.
- Applicants must check the status of seat allotment after completion of each round.
- The allotment may change because of the up gradation. Therefore, candidates must focus on it.
- The printout of Category Certificate uploaded during the online registration will be compared against the original ones at the time of seat allotment.
- If the uploaded certificates are found to be inappropriate then the student will be considered as General only even though his or her score is above the cut off of General category.