JoSAA Counselling 2021 will take place once the JEE Main and JEE Advanced results are out. JoSAA is the governing body that conducts joint counselling for admission to IIITs, NITs, IITs, and GFTIs. JEE Main qualified candidates participated in the Counselling procedure for seat allotment conducted by JoSAA to the below-mentioned engineering institutions. There will be 7 rounds of Counselling in JoSAA 2021 where eligible candidates will be allotted seats according to their merit and preferences of the choices filled. Candidates who will qualify the JEE Main 2021 will be eligible for admission to IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs whereas JEE Advanced qualified candidates will be able to procure the seat in IITs. Get the link of JoSAA counselling registration on this page below (At the time of the event).
Subscribe For Latest Updates
JoSAA Counselling Procedure 2021
The JoSAA counselling 2021 involves various steps. The registration will be starting from the 2nd week of June 2021.
All the qualified candidates of JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2021 can have a look at the steps given below involved in the counselling procedure.
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
Step 1: JoSAA Counselling Registration
- Go to the official website of JoSAA and click on the Counselling link.
- Enter JEE Main 2021 roll number and password and log in.
- JoSAA Registration Form will be displayed on your screen.
- Fill the form with the necessary details, select the declaration, and click on submit.
- Check and verify all the details click on the “Confirm Registration” button.
Step 2: Online Choice Filling And Locking
- Select the Choice Available option and select the institute, its name and course applying for.
- Select your College Preference-wise and programme as many as you can.
- The applicant will have the option to edit/change/delete the filled in choice.
- Lock the choices.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- In this step, candidates will be allotted highest possible seat according to the preference of the candidate but will also consider the AIR (All India Rank) of the candidate.
- Those candidates who manage to meet the cutoff criteria will be listed out in the released rank list. The result of JoSAA 2021 counselling and seat allotment will be announced in online mode.
- A few days after choice locking, the candidates will be communicated through the registered email ID or SMS on the registered mobile number on seat allotment.
- The JoSAA seat allotment will be done on the basis of the rank of the candidate.
Step 4: Seat Acceptance and Payment of Fee
- Those candidates who will be accepting the allotted seat will be required to first download the provisional seat allotment letter.
- He/she will then have to pay the seat acceptance fee through e-challan or SBI Net banking.
- Payment of Rs. 45,000 by the general candidates and Rs. 20,000 by the SC/ST/Gen-PwD/OBC-NCL-PwD/SC-PwD or ST-PwD candidates have to be done through e-Challan or SBI Net Banking.
Step 5: Reporting Centre
- Candidates have to get all the documents verified at the JoSAA reporting center, for provisional seat acceptance.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued to the candidate.
- If the candidates do not qualify for the document verification round, their admissions will be held cancelled.
Step 6: Reporting to the Institute
- The last step will be to report to the allotted institute to confirm their admissions.
- Candidates must reach their respective engineering institutions with original certificate and documents.
Documents Required for JoSAA Counselling
- 3 Passport size Photographs
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021
- JEE Main Result 2021
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Seat Allotment letter
- Photo Identity Card
- Proof of Seat Acceptance Fee Payment
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
In case you have any queries or doubts, then ask us in the comment section below.