JoSAA 2021: All the candidates who qualify for the JEE Main 2021 and JEE Advanced 2021 can appear in the JoSAA 2021 Counselling. Joint Seat Allocation Authority will release the schedule for JoSAA 2021 counselling after NTA wraps up the examination procedure. JoSAA counselling is also known as JEE Main 2021 Counselling. Candidates must meet the full eligibility criteria and have prior information about the counselling procedure before appearing for the exam.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
About JoSAA 2021
- JoSAA conducts a total of seven rounds of counselling and seat allotment procedure.
- It also provides the facility to attempt a mock counseling round in order to understand the counseling process conducted by JoSAA.
- The authority will be conducting counselling for students acquiring admission to 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs, and 23 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs).
- Candidates will be allotted seats to 97 participating institutes during the JEE Main 2021 counselling.
JoSAA Counselling Schedule 2021
Candidates must make sure to note down each event and its respective date as there will be seven rounds of Counselling. Since the official announcement is not out, so the tentative dates are taken into account.
The counselling of JEE Main 2021 will take place as per the official schedule. Therefore, candidates must be aware of the same. As soon as the authorities release an official notification, we will update it here. However, we have provided tentative dates below for all rounds of counselling. Candidates can check the dates here-
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
JoSAA Important Dates
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Registration for JoSAA||3rd week of June 2021|
|Choice filling process||3rd week of June 2021|
|Round I Mock Seat Allotment Round||3rd week of June 2021|
|Round II Mock Seat Allotment Round||3rd week of June 2021|
|Last date to register and fill choices||4th week of June 2021|
|Seat Allocation (Round I)||4th week of June 2021|
|Seat Allocation (Round II)||1st week of July 2021|
|Seat Allocation (Round III)||1st week of July 2021|
|Seat Allocation (Round IV)||2nd week of July 2021|
|Seat Allocation (Round V)||3rd week of July 2021|
|Seat Allocation (Round VI)||3rd week of July 2021|
JoSAA Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Admission to NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board will be based on All India Rank subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards.
- For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
- Admission to IITs will be done on the criteria that the candidates must secure the cut-off marks of JEE Advanced 2021.
For Admissions to Institutes of other states and institutions, the eligibility criteria will depend upon the Admission Authorities of the Individual Institutes. Each institute will have its own set of Eligibility criteria for Admissions.
JEE Main 2021 Counselling Procedure
JEE Main 2021 counselling procedure takes place in 7 rounds. Every aspirant appearing for the counselling has to visit the official website of JoSAA which is https://josaa.nic.in. JoSAA Counselling and the Seat Allotment Process includes the following procedures:
- Online Registration – Candidates need to click on the registration link and fill-up the form.
- Filling Choice Of Program and locking – After successful registration, candidates have to select the choices available option and select the institute, its name, and course applying for. Also, you have to lock the choices entered.
- Seat allotment Procedure – In the next step held by JoSAA, students will be allotted seats according to their preference and their All India Rank. Each candidate will be communicated through the registered email ID or SMS about the seat allotment.
- Payment of Counselling Fees – Those candidates who have accepted the allotted seat will be required to first download the provisional seat allotment letter. He/she has to pay the fee through e-challan or SBI Net banking.
- Verification at Reporting Centre – All candidates have to visit the reporting centres and get their documents verified for provisional seat acceptance.
- Reporting to Institute – For the final confirmation of admission, candidates have to report to the institute with the original certificates and documents.
JoSAA 2021 Mock Allotment
JoSAA will conduct the mock allotment round before the real seat allotment round. Candidates will be able to know the chances of getting their choice of colleges on the basis of their rank and preferences. Mock Allotment will allow the candidate to make changes to the courses and colleges. After the declaration of the JoSAA mock allotment result, candidates will be able to make changes to their choices within the given time.
JoSAA Rank List 2021
After the declaration of the result of JEE Main and JEE Advanced, JoSAA will publish a rank list. The rank list will be based on the candidate’s aggregate marks scored in their respective examination and their categories. Those candidates who find their names on the merit list will be able to register for the counselling procedure and take part in it.
|Common Rank List||This list includes all the categories- GEN, OBC, SC, ST (including PWD Candidates ). Foreign Tag Candidates are part of CRL prepared that is based on JEE Advanced 2017|
|OBC- NCL||This list includes the candidates who belong to OBC- NCL and OBC- NCL- PWD|
|SC||This list includes the candidates who belong SC and SC- PWD|
|ST||This list includes the candidates who belong ST and ST- PWD|
|CRL- PWD||Include candidates who fall into the category of GEN- PWD, OBC- NCL- PWD, SC- PWD or ST- PWD|
|OBC- NCL- PWD||This list include candidates who belong to OBC-NCL- PWD|
|SC- PWD||This list includes candidates who belong to SC-PWD|
|ST- PWD||This list includes candidates who belong to ST- PWD|
Participating Institutes of JoSAA 2021
- Total 97 Institutes are participating in the JoSAA as per the 2020 session.
- The 97 Institutes comprises 23 Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), 23 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), 31 National Institutes of Technology (NITs), and 20 Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFITs).
- Based on their performance in JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2021, candidates will be offered seats for various undergraduate programs.
- For the previous session, 37,952 seats were offered for the candidates.
JoSAA Seat Allotment 2021
Candidates, on the basis of the NTA JEE Main/ JEE, Advanced performance and given seat preferences, will be allotted seats by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). Candidates will be able to check their seat allotment result by logging in to the registered ID and viewing the result therein. The JoSAA Seat Allotment procedure will take as much as 7 rounds and 2 mock rounds until the seats are completely filled in. Candidates, for admission confirmation, will have to download the provisional allotment letter and pay the seat acceptance fee of INR 35000. After the confirmation of admission, candidates have to report to the institution/college along with valid and original documents for document verification.
Since candidates do not always agree with the seat allotted, they expect to participate in another round of counselling session. The authorities have provided 3 kinds of provisions to the candidates. They are as follows:
- Floating – With the floating provision, candidates can pursue another round of seat allotment whilst remain satisfied with the seat allotted. It’s just the term suggests, candidates can float around to see if they get something better.
- Freezing – In this option, candidates will have to be contempt with the seat that was allotted without having the option of participating in another seat allotment round.
- Sliding – With this option, the candidate can accept their current allotted seat with the provision of upgrading their options.
JoSAA Reporting Centres 2021
Candidates, who have accepted their admissions, will have to report to the institution/centre of JOSAA that will be allotted by the authorities. The purpose of this is for document verification and admission confirmation. Candidates will have to present at the venue on said date and time with the provisional seat allotment letter and relevant valid original documents. There will be different centres for different institutions. For example, candidates who are confirming their admission to one of the IITs will have to be present at the reporting institute prescribed for the IITs. Similarly, the reporting session for NITs will take place in the centres allotted for NITs, and so on.
The documents to be verified are as follows.
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Undertaking by the candidate as per the format
- receipt of seat acceptance fee payment or copy of bank challan
- Multiple recent Passport size photos
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Original JEE Main Admit Card (In case of NITs, IIITs, CFTIs)
- Original JEE Main Advanced Admit Card (In case of IITs)
- Age proof
- Identity Proof
- Medical Certificates
- Category Certificates (If applicable)
- PWD Certificates (if applicable)
- NRI/PIO/OCI certificates (if applicable)
In case you have any queries or doubts, then ask us in the comment section below.