JEE Advanced Syllabus 2020: The 7 zonal IITs under the guidance of Joint Admission Board will conduct the JEE Advanced 2020 examination. However, before starting the preparation, candidates must go through the JEE advanced exam syllabus. It is mandatory for applicants to know the exact syllabus so that they can prepare for the exam in a good manner. On the other hand, if an individual is not familiar with the syllabus of jee advanced then he or she may prepare some unnecessary topics. As a result, candidates will waste their precious and quality time.
Check Eligibility For Jee Advanced Exam
Moreover, the syllabus will consist of topics from subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The concepts are particularly from the class 12th syllabus hence candidates will not face any problem in understanding the same. JEE Advanced 2020 exam syllabus is prescribed by the concerned authority on the for the help of the candidates. Check complete syllabus, recommended books, exam pattern and preparation tips below.
JEE Advanced Syllabus for Different Subjects
As already mentioned above, the syllabus of jee advanced 2020 will contain topics from different subjects and they are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The complete syllabus is mentioned below:
General, Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics, and Modern physics
General Topics, Gaseous and Liquid States, Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding, Energetics, Chemical Equilibrium, Electro-chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Solid State, Solutions, Surface Chemistry, and Nuclear chemistry.
Isolation/ Preparation and Properties of the Non-Metals, Preparation, and Properties of the Compounds, Transition Elements (3d series), Preparation and Properties of the Compounds, Ores, and Minerals, Extractive Metallurgy, and Principles of Qualitative Analysis
Concepts, Preparation, Properties and Reactions of Alkanes, Preparation, Properties and Reactions of Alkenes and Alkynes, Reactions of Benzene, Phenols, Characteristic Reactions, Carbohydrates, Amino Acids and Peptides, Properties and Uses of some important Polymers, and Practical Organic Chemistry.
Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Vectors
JEE Advanced Recommended Books 2020
Applicants must have relevant books which will help them in preparation for the entrance exam. The books must contain all the topics of the JEE advanced syllabus 2020. Considering the good collection of books will eventually benefit students in their preparation and consequently to obtain a high score.
The names of JEE advanced recommended books 2020 are listed as follows for different subjects:
- NCERT Text Book
- Problems in Physics – A. A Pinsky
- Fundamentals of Physics – Halliday, Resnick & Walker
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II – H.C. Verma
- A collection of questions and Problems in Physics – L. A. Sena
- Problems in General Physics – I.E. Irodov
- Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry – Arihant Prakashan
- Concept of Organic Chemistry M. S. Chauhan
- Inorganic Chemistry and Physical Chemistry – O.P. Tandon
- NCERT Text Book
- University Chemistry Bruce H. Mahan
- IIT JEE Chemistry – O.P Agarwal
- Algebra, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, and Vector and 3D – Arihant
- Maths class 11th and 12th – R.D. Sharma
- Trigonometry – S. L. Loney
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2020
Along with the syllabus, it is crucial for candidates to know about the JEE Advanced exam pattern 2020. Through this exam pattern, applicants come to know about every detail regarding the entrance exam. These details include examination mode, duration, sections, type of questions, etc.
The exam pattern of the Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2020 is prescribed beneath:
- Mode of the Exam: JEE Advanced 2020 will be computer-based test i.e it will be held in online mode only.
- Number of Papers: The exam will include two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2 and both are mandatory for candidates
- Duration: Each of the paper will be conducted for 3 hours duration.
- Language: The question paper will be in English as well as the Hindi language.
- Sections: The question paper will have 3 sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Type of Questions: The exam will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical type questions
- Number of Questions: The question paper will contain a total of 54 questions.
JEE Advanced Preparation Strategy 2020
In order to prepare for the exam, students must have some strategy in their mind. This will certainly help them to maintain their calm and study without any stress. Thus, it is necessary for appearing candidates to have a preparation strategy so as to prepare in the best possible manner and to score high rank.
- Know the exact syllabus and exam pattern.
- Prepare from relevant books and other study material.
- Solve the maximum number of the previous year’s question papers and sample papers
- Make a time table and further divide equal time for preparation of each subject
- Chiefly focus on the subject which seems to be the toughest.
- Attempt mock tests to become familiar with the JEE advanced 2020 exam
- Take proper rest
- Eat healthy and nutritious food
- Have the confidence to crack the entrance examination