IPU CET 2019: The GGSIPU will conduct the IPU CET 2019. IPU CET 2019 will be conducted for all the candidates in the 1st week of May 2019. All the engineering aspirants who wish to take admission in IP University in B. Tech course can check the IPU CET 2019 dates below. Information about IPU CET application form 2019, eligibility criteria, admit card, results and counselling have also been given in this article.
- 1 About IPU CET 2019
- 2 Important IPU CET 2019 Dates
- 3 IPU CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 IPU CET Application form 2019
- 5 IPU CET Exam Pattern 2019
- 6 Syllabus IPU CET 2019
- 7 IPU CET 2019 Exam Centers
- 8 IPU CET Admit Card 2019
- 9 IPU CET Result 2019
- 10 Cut-off IPU CET 2019
- 11 IPU CET Counselling And Seat Allotment
About IPU CET 2019
- IPU CET stands for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test.
- The IPU CET 2019 is conducted every year by GGSIPU (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University).
- The University offers UG, PG and other courses to its students through IPU CET.
- On the basis of IPU CET scores, admission will be given in GGSIPU and its affiliated institutions.
- The better the score and rank of the candidate in IPU CET 2019, the better college will be allotted to him/her.
- The IPU CET is conducted in offline mode every year.
Important IPU CET 2019 Dates
All the appearing candidates can make a note of the IPU CET 2019 events and their respective dates given in the table below:
|Start of IPU CET 2019 online application||3rd week of February 2019|
|Last date to submit online application||1st week of May 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||2nd week of May 2019|
|IPU CET 2019 exam for B.Tech||2nd week of May 2019|
|IPU CET 2019 exam for B.Tech Bio- Tech||3rd week of May 2019|
|IPU CET 2019 result for B.Tech||3rd week of May 2019|
|IPU CET 2019 result for B.Tech Bio-Tech||4th week of May 2019|
|IPU CET counselling registration start date||2nd week of June 2019|
|Last date to register for IPU CET counselling||2nd week of June 2019|
|Verification of Reserved Category Certificates at Designated Centers||2nd week of June 2019|
|IPUCET Online Counselling- Round I||From 2 to 4th week of June 2019|
|IPU CET Online Counselling Round II||From 3rd week of June to 1st week of July 2019|
|IPU CET Online Counselling Round III||From 1st to 2nd week of July 2019|
|Academic fee payment||2nd week of July 2019|
|IPU CET sliding round||3rd week of July 2019|
|Printing of Provisional Seat Allotment Letter||3rd week of July 2019|
|Reporting to allotted Institutions for joining, verification of documents and payment of balance fee (if any)||3rd week of July 2019|
|Display of Open House Counselling Schedule, if required||3rd week of July 2019|
|Open House Counselling / Spot Counselling||4th week of July 2019|
IPU CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
In order to seek admission to B. Tech courses through IPU CET, candidates must first make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria as laid down by the exam conducting authorities. The IPU CET 2019 eligibility Criteria has been given in the points below:
- Candidates must have passed class 12th examination or any equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- He/she must have obtained a minimum of aggregate 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics, and have passed each of these subjects separately.
- Candidates must pass English as a subject.
- Those candidates who are going to appear for their 12th examination in 2019 are also eligible to apply.
IPU CET Application form 2019
The IPU CET Application form will be released in the online mode on the official website in the 3rd week of February 2019. All candidates who want to take admission in IP University through the engineering entrance examination must make sure to fill and submit the IPU CET 2019 Application form. While filling the form, the candidate must ensure to enter the correct CET Code. For example, CET Code for B.Tech and B.Tech (Technology) are different.candidates must provide only the correct and valid information in the application form. Each candidate must fill and submit only one application form. Candidates must make sure to submit the IPU CET 2019 application fee of Rs. 1000 through the online payment gateways.
IPU CET Exam Pattern 2019
Before starting with the preparation of IPU CET 2019, candidates must make sure to go through the entire IPU CET exam pattern 2019. The Exam pattern will reflect the information about the IPU CET 2019 exam and the question paper. Check the IPU CET 2019 exam pattern below:
- IPU CET 2019 will be conducted in offline pen and paper based mode. All the candidates will be provided the OMR answer sheets.
- The exam will be held for 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The IPU CET question paper will be in the type of objective type of questions.
- There will be total of 150 questions in IPU CET 2019.
- IPU CET 2019 questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Each section will carry a weightage of 33.3%.
- The question paper will be of 600 marks.
- Each question will carry 4 marks. For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Syllabus IPU CET 2019
Candidates must know the correct syllabus of IPU CET in order to gather the correct study material. All the candidates appearing for the entrance exam will be asked questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The syllabus of IPU CET 2019 will be set as per the 10+2 Board syllabus or its equivalent.
Check the IPU CET 2019 Syllabus and Preparation tips in this article.
IPU CET 2019 Exam Centers
Last year, the IPU CET was held in 15 exam centers. The candidate will be required to enter the exam center according to his/her preference. In cases where both the options picked by the candidate have been dropped due to lack of sufficient candidates, such candidates will be allotted “Delhi” as a default option.
Get the list of IPU CET exam centers and their city codes in the table below:
IPU CET Admit Card 2019
GGSIPU will issue the IPU CET 2019 admit card for all the successfully registered candidates in the second week of May 2019. Please note that the Admit card of IPU CET 2019 will be available in the online mode only. There will be no offline process of obtaining the IPU CET hall ticket. Each candidate will be required to log in using their ID and password generated at the time of online registration. The IPU CET Admit card 2019 of the candidate is one of the most important document that the candidate must carry to the exam center. The absence of the hall ticket will prevent the candidate from taking the IPU CET exam.The IPU CET 2019 admit card will carry all the important exam dates, the exam center name and address and other details.
IPU CET Result 2019
The result of IPU CET 2019 will be announced for all the candidates who have taken the entrance examination. The Results will be declared online on the official website of GGSIPU. The results for B. Tech and B. Tech Bio Tech will be announced separately. The IPU CET 2019 Results will be available in the form of IPU CET rank list. The Rank list will reflect the roll number, name, region, category and rank of the candidate. The IPU CET result 2019 will determine if the candidate will be shortlisted for counselling or not.
Cut-off IPU CET 2019
In order to screen admissions, the Indraprastha University will release a cut-off. The opening and closing ranks for each college and course can be assessed with the help of the cutoff of IPU CET 2019. There are various factors that are used to calculate the cutoffs like the number of applicants, seats available, difficulty levels of the exam and the past year IPU CET cutoffs.
IPU CET Counselling And Seat Allotment
The candidates who have qualified and are eligible will be called to participate in the Counselling and seat allotment of IPU CET 2019. the registration for IPU CET 2019 counselling will begin in the 2nd week of June in the online mode. The IPU CET counselling will be conducted in Multiple rounds. If there are seats left after online counselling rounds, a SPOT round would also be held. Candidates will be required to pay an amount of Rs 1000 as the counselling registration fee.
The IPU CET seat allotment will be done on the basis of merit of the candidate. Those listed on the top of the Merit list will get more preference over those with a lower rank. At the end of each round of Counselling, the candidates will be allotted seats. Candidates have the option to freeze the offered seat, slide or float in the earlier rounds.
- Tech Programmes Offered by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
The IPU CET 2019 Programmes offered by IP University are given in the table below:
|Sr. No||Name of the B. Tech Courses|
|1.||Computer Science Engineering|
|2.||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|6.||Instrumentation & Control Engineering|
|8.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|