NEET 2019 Exam: The National Testing Agency has reopened the Application Form Correction facility for the candidates again. The link has been activated on its official website. Candidates can correct their particulars between 27th May 2019 to 31st May 2019 (17:00 Hours). The NEET Exam for Odisha, Karnataka, and Siliguri Candidates was conducted on 20th May 2019 (10:00 am to 1:00 pm). However, the exam for other states took place on 5th May 2019. NEET 2019 Entrance Exam is a National Level Exam that offers admission in various Medical, and Dental Colleges of India. In this article, you can get the details of NEET Eligibility, Dates, Application Form etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- NEET has opened up a facility for correcting the particulars in the NEET Online Form once again. This facility is available from 27th May 2019 to 31st May 2019. You can make correction only in certain fields.
- The NEET 2019 OMR Sheet and Answer Key will be available after 31st May 2019.
For the candidates of Odisha
- The NEET Re- Exam Date is on 20th May 2019 (Today)
- The Test Centers for the Exam will remain the same.
- The Exam Timings for this scheduled exam is 10 am to 1:00 pm.
- The Revised Admit Card has been released on NTA’s Website.
For the candidates of Bengaluru & Siliguri
NEET is a national level medical entrance exam which is conducted for admission into MBBS, BDS & Ayush course across the medical colleges of India. This year, the National Testing Agency is conducting the exam. Some changes have been made in the mode of conduct of NEET 2019 Exam by the NTA. NEET UG 2019 date for the various events has been released by NTA. The information related to the same is provided below. Here we are providing details about NEET 2019 exam including the application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, merit list and admit card, etc.
As per the Supreme Court Orders, the candidates over 25 years of age and above will be entitled to apply and appear in the NEET UG- 2019. As per the court orders, the revised age limit for Reserved and Unreserved Category has been made same, the as per the revised age-limit, candidates must be born on or before 31st December 2002. The Admission for such candidates will be decided in the final verdict of matter.
Find a few of the Important Points related to NEET 2019 from below:
- NEET 2019 examination dates have been announced by the NTA. To check the date of the NEET 2019 events – visit the schedule given below.
- The NEET Entrance Exam will take place offline (Pen-Paper Based). The Exam will take place in the afternoon.
- This is a Single Session Exam and will be conducted in the Afternoon.
List of Changes Made in NEET 2020
As per the sources, there has been a lot of changes in 2019 and still, we are expecting a few more changes in 2020. Some of the major changes in NEET UG Exam 2019 is as follows-
- The Entrance Exam will be conducted by the National Testing Agency
- The Exam is expected to be conducted in two sessions – February and May 2020.
- The Upper Age Limit has been exempted. That means candidates above 25 years of age can also apply for the exam.
- The NEET Score will be now accepted in 491 Colleges in India offering around 63900 MBBS/BDS Seats.
- NEET Score will not be eligible for AIIMS and JIPMER Admission, as they conduct their own entrance exam.
- Private, NIOS, and State Open School Candidates are also eligible for the Exam.
- There is no limit in the number of attempts, that means, the candidates can give the exam as many times. This is valid for all category candidates.
- Aadhaar Card is no more mandatory for the candidates at the time of applying. You can submit any Identity Proof, that is issued by the Government Of India.
- The NTA NEET Question Paper will be available in 11 Regional Languages on the basis of the State of the Candidate.
NEET 2019 Examination Schedule Dates
In the table given below, candidates can check the official NEET 2019 Exam date. As per the official notification released by NTA, the important dates have been provided in the table given below. The NEET Re-Exam Dates for Odisha and Karnataka State Candidates will take place on 20th May 2019 (10 am to 1:00 pm). Thus, the Candidates who are going to appear for the exam o can go through the dates declared by NTA from the tabular format below:
|Online Application Form of NEET 2019 released on||1st November 2018 (Closed)|
|Last date of the submission of the Application Form of NEET 2019|
|Last Date for the successful payment of the Application Fee||1st December 2018 to 8th December 2018|
|Application Form correction window will be available from||14th January to 31st January 2019 (Started)|
|The Admit Card of NEET 2019 will be available from||15th April 2019|
|Date of the Entrance Exam||5th May 2019 (Afternoon Session)|
20th May 2019 (Odisha and Karnataka Candidates)
|The Answer Key of NEET 2019 will be released||After 20th May 2019|
|The Result of NEET 2019 will be declared on||5th June 2019|
NEET Admissions 2019
Through NTA NEET UG 2019, candidates can get admissions in the following courses-
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Allopathic Medicine). Course Duration- 5.5 Years., which includes, 4.5 years of Academic Education and 1 year of Internship (Mandatory). You must have a Science Background in 12th.
- BDS- Bachelor of Dental Surgery. This is a 5-year duration course, which includes 4 years of academic education and 1 year of mandatory internship.
- BAMS- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. This is a 5.5-year duration course. 4.5 years of Academic Education with 1-year Internship.
- BHMS – Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (Herbal and Homeopathic Medicine). Course Duration- 5.5 Years
- BUMS– Bachelor of Unani Medicine. This is a 4.5 Year Couse Duration, which includes 4 years of Academic Education and 6 months of Internship.
- B.Pth – Bachelor in Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation. Course Duration- 4.5 Years.
- Yoga and Naturopathy – This is a three year Undergraduate Course with six months mandatory internship.
- Siddha Medicine. This is 5.5 Year Course Duration.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
Before going to fill up the NEET 2019 Application form, aspirants must check the eligibility conditions mentioned below. Eligibility criteria related to age, academic qualification & nationality is provided below.
|1.||Age Limit|| |
There is no upper limit. Thus, candidates above 25 years of age can also apply for the NEET Exam.
The minimum age of the candidate is 17 years.
|2.||Nationality||Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET UG.|
Candidates belong to J&K state will be eligible to apply for 15% All India Quota on the basis of self-declaration.
J&K, Assam & Meghalaya candidates can also apply by providing their passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Government ID number.
NRI candidates can apply by Adhaar Card number or Passport Number.
PIO, OCI & Foreign nationals candidates can apply by Passport Number.
|3.||Qualifying examination||Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with physics, chemistry, biology/bio-technology with English as a compulsory subject and obtained Minimum 50% marks for general, 45% marks for PH and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates in the PCB group.|
Students appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
NEET 2019 Application Form
The last date for filling the NEET Application Form was on (7th December 2018). Candidates who were aspiring to take NEET 2019 Exam should have gone through the eligibility criteria. Students who possess the required criteria are eligible to register and attempt the NEET Exam 2019. Students should follow the instruction given below to register for the NEET 2019.
- The application form has been issued through online mode only. No application is entertained through offline mode. NEET UG registration 2019 is now available from 1st Nov to 30th November 2018 which were extended to 7th November 2018.
- After entering the details like personal, academic qualification and corresponding address, Candidates should upload the scanned images of recent passport size photograph and signature.
- After completing all the steps successfully, a confirmation page will be generated. Save, Download and take the printout of it for future reference.
- There is no need to send the printed confirmation page to the board.
Check the NEET 2019 Application Form
NEET 2019 Application Fee
The NEET 2019 application fee must be paid via online mode. The fee to be paid vary for a different category. The amount to be paid online has been provided in the table given below. Candidates are advised to follow the table below to know the amount to be paid for the exam. Fee payment can be done through credit/debit card, net banking, UPI and e-wallet. Service tax will also be applicable.
|1.||General and OBC candidates||Rs.1400/-|
|2.||SC/ST and PH candidates||Rs.750|
NEET 2019 Application Form Correction
The NEET Application Correction 2019 Window has started on 14th January 2019. One time opportunity has been provided by the board to make a correction in the applications. Details regarding NEET 2019 application correction are mentioned below:
Corrections in the Application Form can be done only through online mode.
Candidates will be intimated through e-mail/SMS regarding correction in photograph and signature. The same will be available in the candidate‟s login account.
NTA NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
Information related to NEET 2019 exam pattern has been provided in detail below:
|1.||Examination Dates||5th May 2019|
|2.||Mode of Exam||Offline (pen-paper test)|
|3.||Type of Questions||There will be objective type questions in the exam.|
|4.||Duration||The exam duration will be of three hours.|
|5.||Number of Questions||180 questions|
|6.||Language||The question paper will be available in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kananda languages.|
|7.||Marking Scheme||Each Correct Answer carries 4 marks|
|8.||Negative Marking||1 mark for every wrong answer|
Distribution of Marks
Syllabus of NTA NEET
A common syllabus will be prescribed by MCI (Medical Council of India) for the NEET UG exam. NEET 2019 syllabus will contain physics, chemistry and biology subjects. Students can check the detailed syllabus from below:
|Physical world and measurement|
Laws of Motion
Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
Properties of Bulk Matter
Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Electronic Devices, etc.
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry|
Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
Phenols and Ethers
Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
|Diversity in Living World|
Cell Structure and Function
Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
Biology and Human Welfare
Ecology and Environment
Genetics and Evolution
Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.
The release of the Admit Card – 15th April 2019
NTA NEET Hall Ticket 2019 is now available on the official website. We have provided the link to download the hall ticket here. The NEET UG Admission Ticket will be available from 15th April 2019 to 5th May 2019. Candidates can download the Hall Ticket by submitting their Application Number, Date of Birth and Captcha Code.
To Download the Admit Card of NEET 2019, Click Here
NTA 2019 Examination Centre
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2019, will take place in various parts of India. The Exam will take place in over 154 States. The NEET Exam Centers will remain the same for the Karnataka Candidates. On the basis of the preferences added at the time of filling the application form, the NTA will offer you the examination center. The examination center allotted will be within the distance of certain kilometers which has not been prescribed by the examination authority.
The details of the NEET Exam Center is available on the NEET 2019 Admission Ticket. Once you download the Hall Ticket of NEET 2019 ON 15th April 2019, you will be able to check your Exam Centre.
NEET 2019- Answer Key
Soon after the commencement of the NEET 2019 Exam, various institute releases the unofficial answer key. Candidates can check these answer key and estimate their score. Few days after the exam, NTA will upload the NEET 2019 answer key on its official website. With the help of answer key, candidates who took the exam can estimate their marks that he/she is going to obtain in the exam.
Result Declaration – 5th June 2019
The authorities have released the dates of NEET Result. Since the Exam is taking place in one session from the year 2019. The Result will be available on 5th June 2019. NTA will be responsible for uploading the Result on the official website. Candidates who took the NEET Result 2019 can access their result by entering the date of birth and roll number. Based on the Result, the official admission authority will determine the cut-off and prepare the merit list.
Rank Card of NEET 2019
Along with the declaration of the result, the official authority publishes the individual rank card for the candidates who have scored the minimum qualifying marks. A candidate who took the exam can access the rank card on entering the valid user ID and date of birth. Rank card reflects the position of the candidate on all India basis. The marks scored in the two tests will be equated using psychometric methods, standardization techniques and best of the equated scores will be used for the admissions
NEET MBBS 2019 Merit List
NTA will publish the overall merit rank list in PDF format a few days after the declaration of result. The category-wise rank list will also release based on the category assigned by the applicants during application form filling. NEET 2019 Merit list contains some significant details like rank, category, date of birth, all India rank, marks scored and gender, etc. Link to Download the PDF is available below.
NEET 2019 – Counselling & Seat Allotment
After the publication of merit list, students who have obtained the cut-off mark have to register for Round 1 of the NEET 2019 counselling. After registering and filling up the choices, they can take up mock counselling, which gives an idea about the seat allotment based on their rank and choice. There are 3 rounds of counselling i.e. round 1, round 2 and the mop-up round.
NEET 2019 Counselling Rounds
There will be different counselling process that will take place for different institutes and colleges and they are as follows:
The NEET counseling for 15% quota
Candidates who qualify the exam will be eligible for the counselling. Through Counselling, candidates will get admission in Government and Private Medical and Dental Colleges.
NTA 2019 counseling for AFMC
Counselling for admission to the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, will take place by the MCC for MBBS students.
NTA NEET Counselling for Deemed and central universities
The counselling for admission to dental and medical deemed and central universities will take place in the month of July 2019. The deemed and central universities also include universities by linguistic and religious minorities. Candidates granted admission to deemed universities in round 2, cannot participate in any other counselling.
NEET counseling for Employees State Insurance Corporation
ESIC provides the Insured person’s quota to those who have qualified the exam and met the criteria under this quota. Counseling for ESIC will be based on merit-cum-preference.
NOTE: All candidates who fail to register for round 1, can register for round 2 of counselling. Vacant seats from round 1 are transferred to round 2. Candidates under the 15% All India quota who are granted seats in round 2 cannot vacate the seat.
Seats Offered for MBBS course via NEET
|S. No||College||No. of seats|
|1.||All government colleges||25,840|
|2.||All private colleges||27,590|
|3.||NEET counselling seats||3,521|
|4.||NEET basis seats||35,461|
If you have any doubt related to this article, then please write to us in the comment box given below.