NEET 2019 Exam: From 2019 onwards, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) shall be organized by the NTA (National testing Agency) twice in a year. NEET is a national level medical entrance exam which is conducted for admission into MBBS, BDS & Ayush course across the medical colleges of India. Earlier, NEET was usually conducted by CBSE. Some changes have been made in the mode of conduct of NEET 2019 Exam by the NTA. NEET UG 2019 date for the various events has been released by NTA. The information related to the same is provided below. Here we are providing details about NEET 2019 exam including the application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, merit list and admit card etc.
- 1 NEET 2019 New Rules by National Testing Agency
- 2 NEET 2019 Examination Schedule Dates
- 3 NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
- 4 NEET 2019 Application Form
- 5 NEET 2019 Application Form Correction
- 6 NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
- 7 NEET 2019 Syllabus
- 8 NEET 2019 Admit Card
- 9 NEET 2019 Answer Key
- 10 NEET 2019 Result
- 11 NEET 2019 Rank Card
- 12 NEET 2019 Merit List
- 13 NEET 2019 Counselling & Seat Allotment
- 14 NEET 2019 Counselling Rounds
- 15 Seats Offered for MBBS course via NEET 2019
NEET 2019 New Rules by National Testing Agency
NTA has made some changes in the NEET UG 2019 entrance exam. Below we have listed the new changes introduced to NEET 2019 Exam.
- From 2019 onwards, NEET 2019 Exam will be conducted twice in a year. However, sitting in both the tests will not be compulsory. The marks obtained in the two tests will be equated using psychometric methods, standardisation techniques and best of the equated scores will be used for the admissions.
- NEET 2019 will be conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
- NEET 2019 will be conducted in multiple settings and an applicant will have an option of dates to choose from. Scores of different candidates in multiple sittings will also be equated using standardisation techniques.
- NTA will organize test practice centres for students of rural areas so that everyone will have an opportunity to practice before the exam. Schools/engineering colleges with computer centres would be identified and kept open on weekend. Any applicant can use the facility free of charge.
NEET 2019 Examination Schedule Dates
In the table given below, candidates can check official NEET 2019 Exam date. As per the official notification released by NTA, the date has been provided in the table given below. Any dates are tentative to change.
For NEET Feb 2019 Exam:
|1.||Release of NEET 2019 application form||1st October 2018|
|2.||Application submission last date||31st October 2018|
|3.||Last date to pay the registration fee||Last week of October 2018|
|4.||Correction Window Open from||1st week of November 2018|
|5.||Availability of admit card||1st week of January 2019|
|6.||Exam date||3rd February to 17th February 2019|
|7.||Answer key & OMR release||Within a week after exam|
|8.||Announcement of result||1st week of March 2019|
|9.||Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2019|
For NEET Exam May 2019:
|1.||Application form Release||2nd week of March 2019|
|2.||Application submission last date||2nd week of April 2019|
|3.||Last date to pay the fee||2nd week of April 2019|
|4.||Correction Window Open||3rd week of April 2019|
|5.||Admit card available||1st week of May 2019|
|6.||Exam date||12th May to 25th May 2019|
|7.||Answer key & OMR release||Within a week after exam|
|8.||Announcement of result||1st week of June 2019|
|9.||Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2019|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
Before going to fill up the NEET 2019 Application form, aspirants must check the eligibility conditions mentioned below. Eligibility related to age, academic qualification & nationality is provided below.
|1.||Age Limit||Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years. |
The maximum age limit will be 25 years (30 years for SC/ST & OBC).
|2.||Nationality||Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET UG. |
Candidates belong to J&K state will be eligible to apply for 15% All India Quota on the basis of self declaration.
J&K, Assam & Meghalaya candidates can also apply by providing their passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Government ID number.
NRI candidates can apply by Adhaar Card number or Passport Number.
PIO, OCI & Foreign nationals candidates can apply by Passport Number.
|3.||Qualifying examintaion||Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with physics, chemistry, biology/bio-technology with English as compulsory subject and obtained Minimum 50% marks for general, 45% marks for PH and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates in the PCB group. |
Students appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
NEET 2019 Application Form
Candidates who are aspiring to take NEET 2019 Exam must go through the eligibility criteria. Students who possess the required criteria are eligible to register and attempt the NEET Exam 2019. Students should follow the instruction given below to register for the NEET 2019.
- The application form will be issued through online mode only. No application will be entertained through offline mode. NEET UG registration 2019 will be available from the 1st October 2019 (Feb Exam) & second week of March 2019 (May Exam).
- After entering the details like personal, academic qualification and corresponding address, Candidates should upload the scanned images of recent passport size photograph and signature.
- After completing all the steps successfully, a confirmation page will be generated. Save, Download and take the printout of it for future reference.
- There will be no need to send the printed confirmation page to the board.
NEET 2019 Application Fee:
The NEET 2019 application fee must be paid via online mode. Fee to be paid vary for different category. The amount to be paid online has been provided in the table given below. Candidates are advised to follow the table below to know the amount to be paid for NEET 2019 exam. Fee payment can be done through credit/debit card, net banking, UPI and e-wallet. Service tax will also be applicable.
|1.||General and OBC candidates||Rs.1400/-|
|2.||SC/ST and PH candidates||Rs.750|
NEET 2019 Application Form Correction
One time opportunity will be provided by the board to make a correction in the applications. Details regarding NEET 2019 application correction are mentioned below:
Corrections in NEET 2019 Application Form can be done only through online mode.
Correction facility will be provided in the first week of November 2019 (Feb Exam) & third week of April 2019 (May Exam).
Candidates will be intimated through e-mail/SMS regarding correction in photograph and signature. The same will be available in the candidate‟s login account.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
Information related to NEET 2019 exam pattern has been provided in detail below:
|1.||Examination Dates||3rd February to 17th February 2019 (Feb exam) & 12th May to 25th May 2019 (May Exam).|
|2.||Mode of Exam||Online (Computer based test)|
|3.||Type of Questions||There will be objective type questions in the exam.|
|4.||Duration||The exam duration will be of three hours.|
|5.||Number of Questions||180 questions|
|6.||Language||The question paper will be asked in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kananda languages.|
|7.||Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, four marks will be given.|
|8.||Negative Marking||For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.|
NEET 2019 Distribution of Marks
NEET 2019 Syllabus
A common syllabus will be prescribed by MCI (Medical Council of India) for the NEET UG exam. NEET 2019 syllabus will contain physics, chemistry and biology subjects. Students can check the detailed syllabus from below:
|Physical world and measurement |
Laws of Motion
Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
Properties of Bulk Matter
Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Electronic Devices, etc.
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry |
Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
Phenols and Ethers
Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
|Diversity in Living World |
Cell Structure and Function
Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
Biology and Human Welfare
Ecology and Environment
Genetics and Evolution
Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.
NEET 2019 Admit Card
NEET 2019 Admit Card for the exam which is supposed to be held in the month of February 2019 will be available in the month of January 2019 in online mode. For the second exam, the admit card is scheduled to release tentatively in the month of May 2019. To access the admit card, registered candidates need to enter their registration number, date of birth and security pin. NEET Admit Card 2019 will contain details like name & exam centre address. Candidates must carry the admit card to the exam centre as the absence of it will debar the candidate from taking the exam.
NEET 2019 Answer Key
Soon after the commencement of the NEET 2019 Exam, various institute releases the unofficial answer key. Candidates can check these answer key and estimate their score. Few days after the exam, NTA will upload the NEET 2019 answer key on its official website. With the help of answer key, candidates who took the exam can estimate their marks that he/she is going to obtain in the exam.
NEET 2019 Result
Tentative dates for NEET Result 2019 has been declared. Since NEET Exam will be held twice from the year 2019, so, the result will be also published twice. In the first week of March 2019, the first result will be declared and in the first week of June 2019, the second result will be declared. NTA will be responsible for uploading the NEET 2019 Result on the official website http://www.nta.ac.in/medicalexam. Candidates who took the NEET Result 2019 can access their result by entering the date of birth and roll number. Based on the NEET Result 2019, the official admission authority will determine the cut-off and prepare the merit list.
NEET 2019 Rank Card
Along with the declaration of NEET 2019 result, the official authority publishes the individual rank card for the candidates who have scored the minimum qualifying marks. A candidate who took the exam can access the rank card on entering the valid user ID and date of birth. NEET 2019 Rank card reflects the position of the candidate on all India basis. The marks scored in the two tests will be equated using psychometric methods, standardisation techniques and best of the equated scores will be used for the admissions
NEET 2019 Merit List
NTA will publish the overall merit rank list in PDF format a few days after the declaration of result. The category-wise rank list will also release based on the category assigned by the applicants during application form filling. NEET 2019 Merit list contains some significant details like rank, category, date of birth, all India rank, marks scored and gender etc. Link to download the PDF shall be provided here once the same gets released.
NEET 2019 Counselling & Seat Allotment
After the publication of merit list, students who have obtained the cut-off mark have to register for Round 1 of the NEET 2019 counselling. After registering and filling up the choices, they can take up mock counselling, which gives an idea about the seat allotment based on their rank and choice. There are 3 rounds of NEET 2019 counselling i.e. round 1, round 2 and the mop-up round.
NEET 2019 Counselling Rounds
There are different counselling held for different institutes and colleges and they are as follows:
- NEET 2019 counselling for 15% quota – Candidates who qualify the NEET 2019 exam will be called for online counselling conducted by the MCC (medical counselling committee) for admission to government and private medical and dental colleges.
- NEET 2019 counselling for AFMC – Counselling for admission to the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, is also conducted by the MCC for MBBS students.
- NEET 2019 counselling for Deemed and central universities – The counselling for admission to dental and medical deemed and central universities will take place in the month of July 2019. The deemed and central universities also include universities by linguistic and religious minorities. Candidates granted admission to deemed universities in round 2, cannot participate in any other counselling.
- NEET 2019 counselling for Employees State Insurance Corporation – ESIC provides the Insured person’s quota to those who have qualified the NEET 2019 exam and met the criteria under this quota. Counselling for ESIC will be based on merit-cum-preference.
NOTE: All candidates who fail to register for round 1, can register for round 2 of counselling. Vacant seats from round 1 are transferred to round 2. Candidates under the 15% All India quota who are granted seats in round 2 cannot vacate the seat.
Seats Offered for MBBS course via NEET 2019
|S. No||College||No. of seats|
|1.||All government colleges||25,840|
|2.||All private colleges||27,590|
|3.||NEET counselling seats||3,521|
|4.||NEET basis seats||35,461|
If you have any doubt related to this article, then please write us in the comment box given below.