IGNOU Admissions 2019 – Indira Gandhi National Open University is the largest distance learning open university in India. It was established in 1985 to cater the needs of higher education in India for the marginalised sections and disadvantaged segments of the Indian society. It also sets a high standard for the distance and open education in India and strengthens India’s Human resource by making higher education available to everyone. It is run by the Central Government of India and with 4 million active enrolments it claims to be the largest university in the world.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
IGNOU has extended the last date for the submission of the Application form for all the programmes till 31st July 2019. Find the direct Application form link from the table below.
|Courses||Application Form Link|
|Certificate Course||Click Here|
|Diploma Course||Click Here|
|Master’s Programme||Click Here|
|Bachelor’s Programme||Click Here|
IGNOU has released the Application Forms for the admission to the courses offered by the University. The admissions are open for July 2019 session and the applicants who are planning on taking admission must fill the form and submit it before the due date. Read the Notification in detail from below.
IGNOU Application Form 2019
IGNOU has released the Application forms for the admission to Certificate, Diploma, Bachelors and Masters Courses for July 2019 session. The last date for the submission of the form is extended till 31st July 2019.
The Application form for Admission to IGNOU is to be submitted in two modes: Online or Offline.
- In the offline mode candidates have to take a printout of the Application form from the internet or obtain it from any of the Regional centres or study centre
- Mail or submit the filled in Application form in person along with copies of attested certificates to your concerned Regional Centre within stipulated dates mentioned in the Advertisement notification in the newspaper and website of IGNOU.
- Attached a Pay Order/Demand Draft for the Programme Fee/Fee for the first year/Semester.
- Write your name, programme code and application No. on the reverse of the Demand Draft, issued by the bank.
The Addresses and the Email Id of the Regional Centres where the Application form has to be Submitted can be found in the Prospectus here: http://ignou.ac.in/userfiles/common-pros.pdf
The following self-attested documents have to be submitted along with the Application form:
- Certificates in support of your educational qualification(s) i.e. semester-wise/year wise mark sheet and Provisional/Degree Certificat(s), Besides, if you are applying for MCA and have studied Mathematics at the 10+2/graduation level, attach marks sheet as proof.
- Experience certificate wherever required.
- Category certificate (for SC/ST/PH/OBC (non-creamy layer) Minority candidates).
- Age certificate wherever required.
- Student Card duly filled in along with the photograph.
- Acknowledgement Card duly affixed with the postage stamp for Rs 6/-.
- Copy of Passport (for International Students)
- Copy of Visa (for International Students)
- No Objection Certificate from the concerned Embassy in India (for International Students)
- Proof of resident of the candidate in India (for International Students)
- Translated copy of educational certificates wherever the same are other than in English/Hindi, duly attested by concerned Embassy. (for International Students)
Visit the online Admission Portal of IGNOU which is https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in to fill the Application form online. You will have to upload your relevant documents and submit the course fee on the online payment gateway.
Before filling the online form, it is necessary that you register yourself in the online admission portal first by visiting the website https://onlineadmissions.IGNOU.ac.in .
The registration process for IGNOU includes the following steps:
- Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF” that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
The online form for IGNOU can be filled in the following steps:
STEP 1: Click on “LOGIN” button from the homepage of the Online admission system and then login with your UserName and password by clicking the “LOGIN” button given on the login screen.
STEP 2: Fill personal details, programme details, qualification details, course details, and correspondence details. Remember, while filling qualification details :
If your subjects are different than the subjects mentioned; click the “OTHERS” checkbox.
For those with the qualification of graduation and above, in the field “Board Code” select “9999”.
STEP 3: Upload Scanned Documents: Remember, before this step you should have the relevant scanned documents (It is suggested to scan documents from your originals). These include:
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof.
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any). (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC. (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line. (less than 400 KB)
STEP 4: Pay your Programme fee through debit/credit card (Master/Visa/Rupay) and Net banking:-
- Payment by Debit/Credit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay): You have to select Debit/Credit Card option to pay the programme fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of the fee. After successful payment, you will be able to print/save the payment confirmation slip
- Payment by Net banking: If you have net banking account select this option. You will be redirected to your bank website.
- Payment by ATM Card (PNB)
STEP 5: Once you have uploaded the documents, click the “NEXT” button you will get the Form Preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
It is not required to post any hard copy of your online application form.
Schools of Learning
IGNOU operates through its schools of studies with the view to developing interdisciplinary studies. IGNOU currently has the following schools of Studies:
- School of Humanities (SOH)
- School of Social Sciences (SOSS)
- School of Sciences (SOS)
- School of Education (SOE)
- School of Continuing Education (SOCE)
- School of Engineering & Technology (SOET)
- School of Management Studies (SOMS)
- School of Health Sciences (SOHS)
- School of Computer & Information Sciences (SOCIS)
- School of Agriculture (SOA)
- School of Law (SOL)
- School of Journalism & New Media Studies (SOJNMS)
- School of Gender and Development Studies (SOGDS)
- School of Tourism and Hospitality Service Management (SOTHSM)
- School of Interdisciplinary and Trans-disciplinary Studies (SOITS)
- School of Social Work (SOSW)
- School of Vocational Education and Training (SOVET)
- School of Extension and Development Studies (SOEDS)
- School of Foreign Languages (SOFL)
- School of Translation Studies and Training (SOTST)
- School of Performing & Visual Arts (SOPVA)
Academic Programmes Offered By IGNOU
IGNOU offers various long term and short term programmes, which are conventional as well as innovative. The different programmes that it offers are:
- Advance Diploma,
- Associates Degree, and
Regional Centres of IGNOU
IGNOU facilitates its accessibility to the candidates by operating through 67 regional centres present all across India. The Headquarters of IGNOU stand at Maidangarhi, New Delhi. However, all the important facilities are made easily available to all the students at every nook and corner of India through the Regional Centres.
Mode of Admission
Admission to the various courses offered by IGNOU is done provisionally for all the courses mentioned in the common prospectus which means the admission is offered directly on meeting the minimum eligibility conditions. The admission criteria are not direct for merit-based courses and Entrance based courses.
The Admission process is active twice a year known as July Admission Cycle and January Admission cycle.
Important terms and conditions for admission:
- All the candidates who desire to take admission in the July or the January Admission cycle but have not received their Results and Marksheets/certificates yet must take an “undertaking” as mentioned in the prospectus.
- The Candidates must submit their Final Mark-sheet and Provisional Certificate/Degree Certificate by 30th September (for July admission cycle) and 31st March (for January admission cycle).
- Failure to submit the Final Mark-sheet and Provisional Certificate/Degree Certificate will attract cancellation of admission and forfeiture of 25% of fee paid.
- Self-learning material will be issued to all the candidates seeking ‘Provisional admission’ on remittance of the programme fee.
- Regional Directors will confirm the final admission only on fulfilment of the conditions mentioned above.
- Admission will not be offered in a Programme if the programme is not activated in a particular Regional Centre.
Courses for which Provisional Admission is Offered
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Science in Dietetics and Food Service Management (MSCDFSM)
- Master of Arts in Rural Development (MARD)
- Master of Science in Counselling and Family Therapy (MSCCFT) (offered only in July Session)
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
- Master of Arts in English (MEG)
- Master of Arts in Hindi (MHD)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Master of Social Work (Counselling) (MSWC)
- Master of Arts in Philosophy (MAPY)
- Master of Arts in Education (MAEDU)
- Master of Arts in Economics (MEC)
- Master of Arts in History (MAH)
- Master of Arts in Political Science (MPS)
- Master of Arts in Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Arts in Sociology (MSO)
- Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MGPS)
- Master of Arts in Psychology (MAPC)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- Masters in Anthropology (MAAN)
- Master of Arts in Extension and Development Studies (MAEDS)
- Master of Arts in Adult Education (MAAE) (offered only in July Session)
- Master of Arts in Gender and Development Studies (MAGD)
- Master of Arts in Women’s and Gender Studies (MAWGS) (offered only in July Session)
- Master of Arts in Distance Education (MADE)
- Master of Commerce (MCOM)
- M.Sc. Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science (MSCMACS) (offered only in January Session)
- Master of Arts in Translation Studies (MATS)
- Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Studies (BTS)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS)
- Bachelor’s Degree Programmes (BDP)-B.A, B.Com, B.Sc
- Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking (PGDLAN)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management (PGDDM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Gandhi and Peace Studies (PGDGPS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRD)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Family Therapy (PGDCFT) (offered only in July Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Translation (PGDT)
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Operations (PGDIBO)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Environment and Sustainable Development (PGDESD)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Analytical Chemistry (PGDAC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Statistics (PGDAST)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (PGJMC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Audio Programme Production (PGDAPP)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education (PGDHE)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET)
- Post Graduate Diploma in School Leadership and Management (PGDSLM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Management and Administration (PGDEMA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pre- Primary Education (PGDPPED)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Adult Education (PGDAE) (offered only in July Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sales Management (PGDPSM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Security (PGDIS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights (PGDIPR)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Criminal Justice (PGDCJ)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Extension and Development Studies (PGDEDS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Planning and Development (PGDUPDL)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Folklore and Culture Studies (PGDFCS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management (PGDHHM) (offered only in January Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Geriatric Medicine (PGDGM) (offered only in January Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Maternal and Child Health (PGDMCH) (offered only in January Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in HIV Medicine (PGDHIVM) (offered only in January Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Food Safety and Quality Management (PGDFSQM) (offered only in July Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Plantation Management (PGDPM) (offered only in July Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Book Publishing (PGDBP) (offered only in July Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Women’s & Gender Studies (PGDWGS) (offered only in July Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sustainability Science (PGDSS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work Counselling (PGDCOUN)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (DECE)
- Diploma in Nutrition & Health Education (DNHE)
- Diploma in Panchayat Level Administration and Development (DPLAD)
- Diploma in Tourism Studies (DTS)
- Diploma in Aquaculture (DAQ)
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English (DCE)
- Diploma Programme in Urdu (DUL)
- Diploma in HIV and Family Education (DAFE)
- Diploma in Business Process Outsourcing Finance and Accounting (DBPOFA)
- Diploma in Women’s Empowerment and Development (DWED)
- Diploma in Paralegal Practice (DIPP)
- Diploma in Nursing Administration (DNA) (offered only in January Session)
- Diploma in Critical Care Nursing (DCCN) (offered only in January Session)
- Diploma in Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables (DVAPFV) (offered only in July Session)
- Diploma in Dairy Technology (DDT) (offered only in July Session)
- Diploma in Meat Technology (DMT) (offered only in July Session)
- Diploma in Production of Value Added Products from Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds (DPVCPO) (offered only in July Session)
- Diploma in Fish Products Technology (DFPT) (offered only in July Session)
- Diploma in Watershed Management (DWM) (offered only in July Session)
- Diploma in Teaching German as a Foreign Language (DTG)
- Diploma in Retailing (DIR)
- Diploma in Culinary Arts (DCUL)
- Advanced Certificate in Power Distribution Management (ACPDM)
- Advanced Certificate in Information Security (ACISE)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Extension and Development Studies (PGCEDS)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Adult Education (PGCAE)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Cyber Law (PGCCL)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Patent Practice (PGCPP)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Bangla-Hindi Translation (PGCBHT)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Malayalam-Hindi Translation (PGCMHT)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Agriculture Policy (PGCAP)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Gandhi and Peace Studies (PGCGPS)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Information and Assistive Technologies for the Instructors of Visually Impaired (PGCIATIVI)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Geoinformatics (PGCGI)
- Certificate in Indigenous Art Practices (CIAP)
- Certificate in Visual Arts—Painting (CVAP)
- Certificate in Visual Arts—Applied Art (CVAA)
- Certificate in Performing Arts—Theatre Arts (CPATHA)
- Certificate in Performing Arts—Hindustani Music (CPAHM)
- Certificate in Performing Arts—Karnatak Music (CPAKM)
- Certificate in Performing Arts—Bharatanatyam (CPABN)
- Certificate in Arabic Language (CAL)
- Certificate in French Language (CFL)
- Certificate in Russian Language (CRUL)
- Certificate in Disaster Management (CDM)
- Certificate in Environmental Studies (CES)
- Certificate Programme in NGO Management (CNM)
- Certificate in Business Skills (CBS)
- Certificate in Teaching of English as a Second Language (CTE)
- Certificate in Functional English (Basic Level) (CFE)
- Certificate in Urdu Language (CUL)
- Certificate in HIV and Family Education (CAFE)
- Certificate in Social Work and Criminal Justice System (CSWCJS) \
- Certificate in Health Care Waste Management (CHCWM)
- Certificate in Newborn and Infant Nursing (CNIN)
- Certificate in Maternal and Child Health Nursing (CMCHN)
- Certificate in Home Based Health Care (CHBHC)
- Certificate in Community Radio (CCR)
- Certificate in Tourism Studies (CTS)
- Certificate in Food and Nutrition (CFN)
- Certificate in Nutrition and Child Care (CNCC)
- Certificate in Rural Development (CRD)
- Certificate in Sericulture (CIS)
- Certificate in Organic Farming (COF)
- Certificate in Water Harvesting and Management (CWHM)
- Certificate in Poultry Farming (CPF)
- Certificate in Beekeeping (CIB)
- Certificate in Human Rights (CHR)
- Certificate in Consumer Protection (CCP)
- Certificate in Co-operation, Co-operative Law & Business Laws (CCLBL)
- Certificate in Anti Human Trafficking (CAHT)
- Certificate in International Humanitarian Law (CIHL)
- Certificate in Information Technology (CIT)
- Certificate in Guidance (CIG)
- Certificate in Communication & IT Skills (CCITSK)
- Certificate Programme in Laboratory Techniques (CPLT)
- Certificate in Teaching of Primary School Mathematics (CTPM) (offered only in July Session)
- Certificate Programme in Value Education (CPVE)
- Certificate in Energy Technology and Management (CETM)
- Certificate of Competency in Power Distribution (Electrical Technicians) (CCPD)
- Appreciation Course on Environment (ACE)
- Appreciation Course on Population and Sustainable Development (ACPSD)
- Certificate in Library and Information Science (CLIS)
Methodology of Instruction at IGNOU
There are various methods exercised by IGNOU to impart education in the distance mode. The delivery of programmes is done through the following methods:
- Self Instructional Written Material: The printed study material (written in self-instructional style) for both theory and practical components of the programmes is supplied to the learners in batches of blocks for every course (on an average 1 block per credit). A block which comes in the form of a booklet usually comprises 3 to 5 units.
- Audio-Visual Material Aids: The learning package contains audio and video CDs which have been produced by the University for better clarification and enhancement of understanding of the course material given to the learners.
The video programmes are telecast on National Network of Doordarshan and Gyan Darshan. All Gyan Vani stations are broadcasting curriculum based audio programmes. In addition, some selected stations of All India Radio are also broadcasting the audio programmes.
- Counselling Sessions: Normally counselling sessions are held as per schedule drawn by the Study Centres.
- Teleconferences: Live teleconferencing sessions are conducted via satellite through interactive Gyan Darshan Channel as well as simulcasted on ‘Edusat’ channel from the University studios at EMPC, the schedule of which is made available at the study centres.
- Practicals/Project Work: Some Programmes have practical/project component also. Practicals are held at designated institutions for which schedule is provided by the Study Centres. Attendance at practicals is compulsory. For project work, comprehensive project guide, in the form of a booklet, is provided to the student along with the study materials.