IGNOU MBA 2020: IGNOU is the largest Open University in India. It also offers the MBA course and various diploma programmes associated with it. National Testing Agency will conduct an entrance exam for MBA on 29th April 2020. The admission is done on the basis of an entrance known as OPENMAT which is conducted twice a year. The application procedure for MBA admissions will be available in an online mode only. The forms will be available on 31st January 2020 and the last date will be 29th February 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Interested candidates must download the Student Handbook & Prospectus. They must submit the form in an online mode before the due date. The Application Form 1 has to be submitted for applying for OPENMAT and on clearing the test, they will have to submit the Application Form 2 for admission.
Important Dates for IGNOU MBA Admissions 2020
The applicants must know the dates of MBA entrance exam which will be conducted by NTA. The examination conducting authority has already announced the MBA admission dates. Check the schedule from the tabular format below.
|IGNOU MBA Application Form will release on||31st January 2020|
|The last date for form submission is||29th February 2020|
|IGNOU MBA Admit Card will release on||1st April 2020|
|IGNOU MBA 2020||29th April 2020|
|Result will be announced on||10th May 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to MBA Programme
The eligibility criteria for admission to MBA programme would be as per the AICTE norms viz.
- Any graduate (Including Chartered Accountancy/Cost Accountancy/Company Secretaryship) with 50% marks for general category/45% for reserved category as per government of India rules.
- Clearance of OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU.
- No age bar
IGNOU MBA 2020 Application Procedure
The Application form will have to be submitted online. Candidates can either collect the Student’s Handbook & Prospectus from IGNOU counter or Download the Application form online. Note the following points regarding Application form:
- The Application Forms will be available on the official website of NTA.
- The candidate must register themselves and save the details.
- Next step will be to fill the Application Form. The details provided must be valid and correct.
- The applicant must also upload the required documents along with the passport size photograph.
- The final step will be to pay the Application Fee and take a print out of the submitted form.
- Candidates are not required to send any certificates/documents.
Admit Card / Hall Ticket for IGNOU OPENMAT 2020
Hall Tickets of IGNOU MBA 2020 will be uploaded on the NTA website on 1st April 2020. No Hall Ticket will be sent by post to any candidate. Candidates will have to download the hall ticket issued in their name from National Testing Agency and report to the examination centre for appearing in the entrance test. It is an important document and entry will be prohibited in its absence. The applicant must check the details mentioned on the Hall Ticket/Admit card in detail. In case of any form of error, they must contact the admission authorities immediately.
Result and Score Card of IGNOU MBA 2020
The OPENMAT result will be announced by NTA on 10th May 2020. The candidates who will appear for the exam can check their score once available.
Result cards will indicate the status of the candidates as qualifying or not qualifying. Only those who are indicated as qualifying would be eligible for applying for Admission to the Management Programme.
Exam Pattern of IGNOU OPENMAT 2020
The following points highlight the exam pattern for OPENMAT:
- Duration: 180 minutes
- Total number of Questions: 200
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice
The Question paper will consist of Four Tests as follows:
No. of Questions
|Test I||General Awareness||30|
|Test II||English Language||50|
|Test III||Quantitative Aptitude||50|
IGNOU MBA Programme Structure
A wide range of Courses are offered in the January and July Semester of the MBA programme, of which candidates will have to choose from. On completion of a specific combination of the courses, candidates will earn any of the following Qualifications:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), or
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
For More details regarding the courses and Diplomas read the Information Brochure here: IGNOU 2018 Information Brochure.
Please write to us in the comments section below if you have doubts or queries.