IGNOU MBA 2020: The OPEN MAT IGNOU Application Form releases on 31st January 2020. IGNOU is the largest Open University in India. It also offers the MBA course and various diploma programmes associated with it. National Testing Agency will conduct an entrance exam for MBA on 29th April 2020. The admission is done on the basis of an entrance known as OPENMAT which is conducted twice a year. The application procedure for MBA admissions will be available in an online mode only. The forms will be available on 31st January 2020 and the last date will be 29th February 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Interested candidates must download the Student Handbook & Prospectus. They must submit the form in an online mode before the due date. Application Form 1 has to be submitted for applying for OPENMAT and on clearing the test, they will have to submit the Application Form 2 for admission.
Important Dates for IGNOU MBA Admissions 2020
The applicants must know the dates of the MBA entrance exam which will be conducted by NTA. The examination conducting authority has already announced the MBA admission dates. Check the schedule from the tabular format below.
|IGNOU MBA Application Form will release on||31st January 2020|
|The last date for form submission is||29th February 2020|
|IGNOU MBA Admit Card will release on||1st April 2020|
|IGNOU MBA 2020||29th April 2020|
|Result will be announced on||10th May 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to MBA Programme
The eligibility criteria for admission to MBA program would be as per the AICTE norms viz.
- Any graduate (Including Chartered Accountancy/Cost Accountancy/Company Secretaryship) with 50% marks for general category/45% for reserved category as per government of India rules.
- Clearance of OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU.
- There is no age bar for applying for IGNOU MBA Program.
IGNOU MBA 2020 Application Procedure
The Application form will have to be submitted online. Candidates can either collect the Student’s Handbook & Prospectus from IGNOU counter or Download the Application form online.
Important Instructions While Filling IGNOU MBA Admission Form
- The Application Forms will be available on the official website of NTA.
- The candidate must register themselves and save the details.
- Next step will be to fill the Application Form. The details provided must be valid and correct.
- The applicant must also upload the required documents along with the passport size photograph.
- The final step will be to pay the Application Fee and take a print out of the submitted form.
- Candidates are not required to send any certificates/documents.
Other than that, candidates have to provide the following information-
- Govt. Identity Details like Aadhaar Card Number (4-digits)
- Election Card (EPIC No.)
- Passport Number
- Ration Card Number
- PAN Number
- Bank Account Number
- Other Valid Govt ID.
Specification of the Documents to be Uploaded
|Document||Size of the File||Format of the File|
|Scanned Photograph of the Candidate||10 kb to 200 kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Scanned Photograph of the Signature||4 kb to 30 kb||JPG/JPEG|
Application Form Fees
Candidates have to pay a registration fee amount of Rs 600/-. The Application Fee Amount is non-refundable. However, the mode of payment is online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
Admit Card / Hall Ticket for IGNOU OPENMAT 2020
Hall Tickets of IGNOU MBA 2020 will be uploaded on the NTA website on 1st April 2020. No Hall Ticket will be sent by post to any candidate. Candidates will have to download the hall ticket issued in their name from National Testing Agency and report to the examination center for appearing in the entrance test. It is an important document and entry will be prohibited in its absence. The applicant must check the details mentioned on the Hall Ticket/Admit card in detail. In case of any form of error, they must contact the admission authorities immediately.
To download the IGNOU OPENMAT Admit Card 2020, candidates have to enter their Application Number and Date of Birth.
IGNOU MBA Examination Centers 2020
The Entrance Examination of IGNOU will take place in the following cities-
|Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Kurnool, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Naharlagun, Itanagar|
|Bihar||Darbhanga, Bhagalpur, Patna, Purnia|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Mehsana, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Kurukshetra, Gurugram, Karnal, Faridabad|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla, Hamirpur, Kangra|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu, Srinagar|
|Karnataka||Bangalore, Belgaum, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangaluru, Manipal/Udipi, Mysuru|
|Kerala||Thrissur, Thiruvanthapuram, Ernakulam/Kochi, Kannur, Kottayam, Kollam, Kozhikode|
|Madhya Pradesh||Gwalior, Jabalpur, Indore, Bhopal|
|Maharashtra||Pune, Nagpur, Pune, Amravati, Nasik, Nanded, Aurangabad (Maharashtra)|
|Odisha||Bhubaneswar, Sambalpur, Balasore, Cuttack, Rourkela, Berhampur-Ganjam, Dhenkanal, Jeypore|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Ludhiana, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Ajmer, Bikaner|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tirunelveli|
|Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow, Varanasi, Allahabad, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Noida/Gr. Noida, Agra, Aligarh, Kanpur, Meerut|
|West Bengal||Kolkata, Siliguri, Kalyani|
Result and Score Card of IGNOU MBA 2020
The OPENMAT result will be announced by NTA on 10th May 2020. The candidates who will appear for the exam can check their score once available.
Result cards will indicate the status of the candidates as qualifying or not qualifying. Only those who are indicated as qualifying would be eligible for applying for Admission to the Management Programme.
Exam Pattern of IGNOU OPENMAT 2020
The following points highlight the exam pattern for OPENMAT:
- Duration: 180 minutes
- Total number of Questions: 200
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice
The Question paper will consist of Four Tests as follows:
No. of Questions
|Test I||General Awareness||30|
|Test II||English Language||50|
|Test III||Quantitative Aptitude||50|
Entrance Exam Syllabus of OPENMAT
Sequences and Series, Inequalities, Surds and Indices, Profit and Loss, Probability, Averages, Basic Geometry, Simple and Compound Interest, Basic Geometry, Simple and Compound Interest, Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Complex Numbers, Binomial Theorem, Ratio, and Proportions, Logarithm, Percentages, Number Systems, Speed, Time, and Distance, Set Theory, Functions, Time and Work, Permutations and Combinations, Geometry, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Mixtures, and Allegations, Mensuration.
Assertion and Reasons, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Statements, and Assumptions, Symbol based problems, visual reasoning, cause and effect, coding and decoding, family tree, pie-charts, critical reasoning, cubes.
English Language Syllabus
Reading Comprehension, Antonyms, Synonyms, Fill in the blanks based on word meanings, relation pair of words, sentence correction, idioms.
Indian Constitution, Organizations, History, Geography, Economy, States, Government, Laws, Famous People, Achievements, Politics, Trades (Export and Import), Balance of Trade, Countries, Summits, Organizations, Leaders, World Economy, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Basic Concepts and Fundamentals, Industry Statistics, CEO.
Courses Under IGNOU MBA 2020 Admission
A wide range of Courses are offered in the January and July Semester of the MBA programme, of which candidates will have to choose from. On completion of a specific combination of the courses, candidates will earn any of the following Qualifications:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM), or
- PG Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM), or
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
OPENMAT Entrance Test Answer Key
The National Testing Agency will release the answer key of IGNOU MBA 2020. The Answer Key will be available online. Candidates will be able to download the IGNOU MBA Solution Key pdf by submitting their application number, password, security pin. The Response Sheet will be displayed on the screen. Download the Answer Key and Evaluate your answers.
If you are unsatisfied with an answer, then you can raise an objection by submitting Rs 1000/- for each question.
How to Challenge IGNOU OPENMAT Answer Key pdf?
The step by step procedure to challenge the IGNOU MBA answer key is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website and click on the answer key challenge link
- Enter your Application Number, Date of Birth, and Security Pin
- Click on the submit button
- The Question IDs will be displayed on the screen.
- The ID that will be mentioned under the column “Correct Options” indicates the Answer Key used by NTA.
- If you want to challenge the answer key, then you have to use any one or more options of the IDs given in the next four columns by clicking the box.
- Candidates have to click on the “Yes” option, if they feel that the question is incorrect.
- Then upload the documents in the support of the questions which they have challenged. Select “Choose File”
- Then click “Save your Claim”
- Make the payment of Rs 1000/- depending on the number of questions you have challenged.
IGNOU MBA Result
The IGNOU OPENMAT Result will be released online on 10th May 2020. To check the result, you have to submit your Application Number, and Date of Birth, and Password. The result will contain the following details –
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Total Marks secured by the candidate
- Section-Wise Marks scored by the candidate
- Category and Date of Birth
For More details regarding the courses and Diplomas read the Information Brochure here: IGNOU 2018 Information Brochure.
Please write to us in the comments section below if you have doubts or queries.