IGNOU B.Ed 2020: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers Bachelor of Education for two years with the aim to develop an understanding of the teaching-learning process at a secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers. National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the dates for the admission to IGNOU B.Ed 2020. Candidates must fill IGNOU B.Ed Application Form 2020 and submit it before the due date The B.Ed entrance exam will be conducted in an online mode. The Online form will release on the official website of NTA.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The IGNOU B.Ed course is a Two-year course and maximum time limit for its completion is 5 years. The course is specially designed for trained in-service teachers. For more details and dates check the article below.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Entrance Test Dates
Go through IGNOU B.Ed dates from the tabular format below. NTA, the examinaion conducting body, has announced the dates for IGNOU B.Ed session 2020.
|IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Events Schedule|
|RELEASE OF APPLICATION FORMS||31st January 2020|
|LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION||29th February 2020|
|IGNOU B.Ed Admit Card 2020||1st April 2020|
|DATE OF ENTRANCE TEST||29th April 2020|
|IGNOU B.Ed Result 2020||10th May 2020|
Eligibility Criteria IGNOU B.Ed. 2020 Programme
Please check if you fulfil the eligibility conditions before proceeding to register yourself for the programme. The applicant who appears for the exam and qualify cannot take admission if they do not fulfill the eligibility of IGNOU B.Ed 2020. If the candidate is not fulfilling minimum eligibility at the time of submitting the application form for the entrance test, they will not be able to proceed further.
The Eligibility criteria to be met for the IGNOU B.Ed. 2020 Programme are:
- At least fifty per cent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity.
Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any equivalent.
- The candidates must:
(i) Be a trained in-service teacher in elementary education.
(ii) have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Form
The IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Forms will release on 31st January 2020 and the last date for the submission will be 29th February 2020.
|The registration fee for the IGNOU B.Ed entrance test is Rs.1000/-. It can be paid online or at the regional centre. In case, the application form is obtained by post, the amount is Rs. 1050/-.|
The registration for IGNOU B.Ed entrance test can be done in both online and offline modes.
Online Application For IGNOU B.Ed 2020:
How To Fill The IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Form Online
Before filling the online form, it is necessary that you register yourself in the online admission portal first by visiting the website of NTA.
The registration process for IGNOU B.Ed 2020 includes the following steps:
- Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF” that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- The username is sent to the candidate via e-mail and SMS.
The IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Form Online can be filled in the following steps:
Click on “LOGIN” button from the homepage of Online admission system and then login with your UserName and password by clicking the “LOGIN” button given on the login screen.
Fill personal details, programme details, qualification details, course details, and correspondence details. Remember, while filling qualification details :
If your subjects are different than the subjects mentioned; click the “OTHERS” check box.
For those with the qualification of graduation and above, in the field “Board Code” select “9999”.
Upload Scanned Documents: Remember, before this step you should must have the relevant scanned documents (It is suggested to scan documents from your originals). These include:
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Copy of Age Proof.
- Relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB)
- Experience Certificate (if any). (less than 400 KB)
- Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC. (less than 400 KB)
- BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line. (less than 400 KB)
Pay your Programme fee through debit/credit card (Master/Visa/Rupay) and Net banking :-
- Payment by Debit/Credit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay): You have to select Debit/Credit Card option to pay the programme fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, you will be able to print/save the payment confirmation slip
- Payment by Net banking : If you have net banking account select this option. You will be redirected to your bank website.
- Payment by ATM Card (PNB)
Once you have uploaded the documents and after clicking the “NEXT” button you will get the Form Preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
It is not required to post any hard copy of your online application form.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Syllabus
- The date of the entrance test shall be notified in the advertisement.
- Duration: 2 hours
- No. of Questions: 100
The question paper shall be divided into two parts as follows:
|Aspects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Part – A|
General English Comprehension
Logical and Analytical Reasoning
Educational & General Awareness
Teaching-Learning and the school
|*Subject competence (any one)|
iii. Social Studies
- Candidate has to attempt any one subject in Part B.
- The questions in part B shall be based on the curriculum of classes IX/X prescribed by NCERT/CBSE.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Hall Ticket
The candidates who have successfully submitted the Application Form can download IGNOU B.Ed Hall Ticket successfully. No candidate is allowed to appear for the exam without the hall ticket.
Hall tickets will be uploaded on IGNOU website of NTA for appearing in the Entrance Test.
Please retain the hall ticket because it is mandatory for the admission later on.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Result
The IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Result will be available with the regional centres within 5 weeks from the date of the entrance test.
All the candidates who appeared for the entrance test shall receive a result card indicating their score and qualifying/non-qualifying status from SED. Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068.
In case any candidate does not receive the Result Card, he/she may approach the Regional Director, IGNOU of his/her Region.
IGNOU B.Ed Programme 2020 Admission And Counselling
Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by IGNOU all over India.
- The qualifying candidates must submit their programme fee Rs. 50,000/- by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU, payable at the city of Regional Centre and the original call letter and the scorecard to the Regional Centre latest by the last date intimated to them by Regional Centre concerned.
- During the time of counselling when invited by the regional centre, the following documents has to be submitted for verification:
- Higher Secondary/Sr. Secondary School Certificate indicating the date of birth, along with marksheet.
- Original Hall Ticket
- Degree and marksheet of graduation/post-graduation.
- Mark Sheet and Certificate of NCTE Recognized Teaching Programme completed through Face to Face mode.
- Certificate issued by the Institution where the candidate has pursued his/her teacher education programme stating that the institute is recognized for offering the teacher education programme through face to face mode by NCTE, along with a copy of recognition letter issued by NCTE to that institution.
- Original Certificate from the reconized Secondary/Senior Secondary schools to provide facilities for Practical Work including Internship, for per the format enclosed.
- Category certificate, if applicable as mentioned in the Entrance cum Admission Form.
- Original Experience-cum-Employment certificate (if applicable) in a letterhead of a recognised school as per format given in the prospectus.
- Certificate to provide facilities for B.Ed. practical Work including internship (Four weeks in B.Ed. First Year and Sixteen weeks in B.Ed. Second Year) from a Secondary/Higher/ Sr. Secondary school in the format given in the prospectus.
- Affidavit by Student/Parents/Guardian.
For updated information keep visiting our website. You can also visit the official website of IGNOU www.IGNOU.ac.in for notifications and updates.
Please write your questions in the comments section below.