CUCET 2020: Central Universities Common Entrance Test 2020 commonly known as (CUCET) is conducted by 10 Central Universities on a rotational basis. It is a University level examination. Applicants who qualify this exam are granted admission in various Integrated/Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Research programmes. In order to apply for the exam, students have to fill the application form. However, the authority will accept applications of only eligible applicants. Furthermore, those who successfully fill the form will be issued with an admit card. The admit card is an important document and without it, no individual will be able to take the exam of CUCET 2020. With the help of this document, candidates will be able to appear in the exam which is expected to be held tentatively in the fourth week of May 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
After the conclusion of an entrance exam, the exam conducting body will publish an answer key which will allow aspirants to calculate their probable score. But the final score depends upon the official result and hence students are called for counselling based on this result. Check the complete article to know more about CUCET 2020 exam and details such as eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
Schedule of CUCET 2020
The exam conducting body will decide which event will occur on which particular date. Therefore, desiring candidates must keep a check on the official website in order to be aware of all the events and their corresponding dates. For now, refer to the table given below displaying the complete schedule of Central Universities Common Entrance Test 2020. The dates are tentative as the final ones are not yet released.
|S.No||Examination Events||Tentative Dates|
|1||Releasing of Application form||Second week of March 2020|
|2||Last date to submit the Application Form||Fourth week of May 2020|
|3||Last date for submission of Application Fee||Fourth week of April 2020|
|4||Opening of Correction Window||Fourth week of April 2020|
|5||Issuing of Admit Card||Second week of May 2020|
|6||CUCET 2020 Examination||Fourth week of May 2020|
|7||Publishing of an Answer Key||Last week of May 2020|
|8||Challenging an Answer Key||Last week of May 2020|
|9||Availability of Final Answer Key||First week of June 2020|
|10||Announcement of Result||Fourth week of June 2020|
|11||Releasing of Cutoff||First week of July 2020|
|12||Beginning of Counselling||In the month of July|
Highlights of the Entrance Test
Candidates can take a glance over the table below in order to get a quick idea about the entrance exam:
|Name of the Exam||Central Universities Common Entrance Test 2020|
|Also Known As||CUCET 2020|
|Exam Conducting Body||Organized by 10 Central Universities on a rotational basis|
|Mode of Examination||Offline Mode|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode|
|Purpose of Exam||To provide admission in various Integrated/Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research programmes|
CUCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
All the aspiring students must possess the CUCET Eligibility Criteria 2020 in order to appear in the examination. However, registration will be opened for only eligible candidates. On the other hand, if an individual fails to meet the prescribed eligibility criteria then they will not be able to do the registration and further fill the application form. The eligibility criteria are specifically laid down by the exam conducting authority. The criteria vary according to different participating institutes and the course selected by an aspirant for admission. Thus, students are advised to check the criteria as per their preference of institute and course.
CUCET Application Form 2020
The most important step for candidates is to take part in the application process so as to apply for the exam. CUCET Application Form 2020 will be available in the second week of March 2020. Candidates can obtain the form from the official website as it will be released in online mode only. Hence, no other modes can be used to fill the form. The application process includes various steps such as:
- Register online by providing the required details. The authority will then generate application number and password for registered candidates
- Filling of Central Universities Common Entrance Test 2020 Application Form with personal, education and contact details.
- Uploading scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed format
- Filling the choice of exam centres according to the convenience in order of priority
- Filling the choice of courses and institutes for admission
- After filling all the details, preview the form and in case of any mistake correct it before the final submission
- Lastly, students have to pay an application fee and submit the filled application form of CUCET 2020. The final date to fill the form is in the fourth week of May 2020 while for depositing the fee is in the fourth week of April 2020.
The concerned authority will also open a correction window in the fourth week of April 2020 until a limited period of time. This facility is used to make corrections in the application form.
CUCET Application Fee 2020
Applicants have to pay an application fee for filling and submitting the application form. This fee varies according to a different category of students and has to be paid via online mode as well as offline mode
Online Payment: This type of payment can be done through Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card
Offline Payment: This type of payment has o be done through SBI Challan.
The table below displays the amount of application fee that to be paid by different categories:
|Category of Applicants||Amount of Application Fee|
|General/OBC Applicants||Rs. 800|
|SC/ST Applicants||Rs. 350|
CUCET Admit Card 2020
The exam regulating body will issue the CUCET Admit Card 2020 for registered applicants who have completed the application process. The admit card contains several details related to an appearing candidate and entrance exam. Thus, it acts an identity proof of the appearing student at the time of the exam. Candidates will be able to download the document from the official website using their application number and date of birth. It will be generated in the second week of May 2020. Furthermore, applicants have to carry the admit card of CUCET 2020 along with themselves on the examination day as entry will not be given inside the examination hall to any individual without it. In addition, the authority requests students to keep the document safe and secure until all the admission formalities are over.
NOTE – Candidates must check if all the details furnished on the Central Universities Common Entrance Test Admit Card 2020 are correct or not. In case of any discrepancy, candidates must inform the concerned authority and get it rectified before the day of an exam.
CUCET Exam Pattern 2020
Applicants who are willing to take the examination must go through the CUCET Exam Pattern 2020 in advance. This will let them come across various details related to the exam that comprises of examination mode, sections, type of questions, language, etc. By knowing all this, students will be able to prepare accordingly and moreover, they will not face any difficulty while taking the exam. The complete exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of Examination: The entrance test will be conducted in offline mode i.e it is a pen and paper-based test.
- Duration: CUCET 2020 will be held for a duration of 2 hours (120 minutes)
- Type of Questions: The question paper will have objective type questions. For every question, there will be 4 options of answers
- Number of Sections: The paper will be divided into 2 sections and they are Part A and Part B. Part A will contain questions from English, General Awareness, Aptitude, and Analytical Skills while Part B will consist of domain knowledge. However, applicants will be able to choose between PCB and PCM related questions at the time of an exam.
- Total Number of Questions: Part A will consist of 25 questions and Part B will consist of 75 questions. Hence, there will be a total of 100 questions.
- Total Marks: The exam will be of 100 marks
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct answer while 0.25 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. No marks will be deducted for an unattempted question and if more than one answer is marked then it will be treated as incorrect answer and the negative marking will be implied.
CUCET Syllabus 2020
Along with the exam pattern, candidates must be aware of exact CUCET Syllabus 2020. The syllabus will include important topics and is particularly based on the class 12th level. The topics will be from the following subjects such as General Awareness, English, Aptitude, Analytical Skills, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology. Applicants must take a look at the prescribed syllabus before starting their preparation. Additionally, considering the syllabus of CUCET 2020 will save the time of the student which might be wasted on the preparation of some unnecessary topics.
CUCET Preparation Tips 2020
Here are some of the CUCET Preparation tips 2020 for those who want to sit in the exam. These tips will probably help students to score well:
- Have complete knowledge of exam pattern, syllabus and, marking scheme.
- Study from the suitable study material.
- Have a good set of books which will contain each for each subject. This will eventually result in proper time management.
- Solve maximum number of sample papers and previous years question papers.
- Make short notes while preparing for the exam.
- Take up a lot of mock tests to analyze the preparation.
- Take proper rest and eat healthy food to remain mentally and physically strong.
CUCET Exam Centres 2020
The place where candidates have to be present for taking the entrance exam is known as the CUCET Exam Centres 2020. There are a number of centres where the examination will be held. Check the table below containing the list of exam of centres:
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
CUCET Answer Key 2020
After the conclusion of an entrance test, the exam conducting body will publish the provisional CUCET Answer Key 2020 in the last week of May tentatively. This key will consist of all the correct answers to the questions that will be asked in the entrance exam. Therefore, using an answer key, aspirants can calculate their approximate score by comparing the answers marked by them against those present in the key. Furthermore, if candidates find any error in the published answer key of CUCET 2020 then they can challenge by raising objections against it. These objections can be raised specifically within the given deadline and applicants have to send the documented proof for challenging the answer key. The authority will finally release the official CUCET 2020 answer key after accumulating all the objections raised.
CUCET Result 2020
Applicants who have taken the Central Universities Common Entrance test will be able to check their CUCET Result 2020. They can avail their result in the fourth week of June 2020. The result will display the total marks secured by candidates as well as their qualifying status. Aspirants can access the result by visiting the official portal and logging in using their credentials. Moreover, the authority will also release the merit list depending upon the CUCET 2020
CUCET Cutoff 2020
The minimum qualifying score required by students in order to be eligible for admission is known as the CUCET Cutoff 2020. Hence, they need to score equivalent to or above the prescribed cutoff otherwise they will be not shortlisted for further admission process. Consequently, they will be disqualified and will not be granted admission. Aspirants who meet the prescribed cutoff will certainly have higher chances of getting admission in any of the participating institutes. Therefore, it is necessary for candidates to satisfy the cutoff. The cutoff consists of opening and closing ranks for admission. The concerned authority prepares the cutoff of CUCET 2020 by taking into consideration the following factors:
- Total number of applications received by the authority
- Total number of candidates appearing in the exam
- The difficulty level of the entrance exam.
- The total number of available seats.
- And lastly, the trends in the previous year’s cutoff.
CUCET Counselling 2020
There will be no centralized CUCET Conselling 2020. Each of the participating institutes will conduct its own counselling particularly in the month of July 2020. This counselling will, however, be based on the rank/merit list prepared by them. Students must keep a check on the notification for counselling which is different for each of the participating universities. Also, the counselling fee will differ as per the university which they have to check separately. At the time of counselling, applicants have to produce a number of documents for verification.
Documents needed during Counselling
The list of documents which are required by the exam conducting authority for verification consists of the following:
- CUCET 2020 Admit Card
- Result of CUCET 2020
- Degree Certificate and Mark sheet of all semesters and qualifying examination
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate (for PwD candidates)
- Photocopies of the original documents
- Other requisite documents
- Passport size photographs
CUCET Participating Institutes 2020
There are various Central Universities that accept the score of CUCET 2020 and offer admission to applicants. The list includes the following CUCET Participating Institutes 2020:
- Central University of Haryana
- Central University of Punjab
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Central University of Andhra Pradesh
- Central University of South Bihar
- Central University of Kashmir
- Central University of Tamil Nadu
- Central University of Karnataka
- Central University of Rahasthan
- Central University of Jammu
- Central University of Kerala
- Bengaluru Dr. BR Ambedkar School of Economics