VITEEE Application Form 2020: Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) will be releasing the Application Form for the Engineering Entrance Examination for the academic admissions of the 2020 session around the 1st week of November 2019. Candidates will also have the provision of submitting the application form in the offline mode and that VIT will release the offline OMR Application Form around the 2nd week of November 2019. Candidates, who are interested in pursuing their undergrad from the marvelous university of Vellore Institute of Technology, can start applying as soon as the VITEEE 2020 Application Forms are released. The Application Form submission involves online registration, filling up of application form, uploading documents, and payment of application fees.
Check Eligibility For VITEEE Exam
In this article, readers will be informed all about the VITEEE 2020 Application Form, its release dates, applying procedure, and other important details.
About VITEEE Application Form 2020
- The VITEEE Application Form will be released by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) exam conducting body.
- The application form for VITEEE 2020 can be submitted both online and offline
- The offline application form will be machine processed and thus candidates need to be careful while applying for the VITEEE 2020
- The online application form is to be submitted from the official website of the VIT
- The Prospectus and the information brochure for the B. Tech programme, along with the necessary enclosures which include the Application Form and a printed self-addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of `1200/- from the various post offices as given in the VIT website.
- The application form once sold shall not be taken back under any circumstances nor will the application fee be refunded in any case.
VITEEE Application Form 2020 Release Date
The aspirant of VITEEE 2020 can expect the VITEEE Application Form 2020 to be released around 1st week of November 2019 and 2nd week of November 2019 for the offline forms. Candidates must be aware of all these dates and schedule so as not to miss out any important events. Given below are the tentative VITEEE 2020 Application Form release dates.
|1.||VITEEE 2020 Notification||October 2018|
|2.||Application Form Release||1st week of November 2019|
|3.||Offline Application Form Release||2nd week of November 2019|
|4.||Last Date for Application Submission||2nd week of March 2020|
|5.||VITEEE 2020 Slot Booking||3rd week of March 2020|
|6.||VITEEE 2020 Admit Card Release||3rd week of March 2020|
|7||VITEEE 2020 Examination||April 2020|
How to fill VITEEE Application Form 2020?
VITEEE 2020 aspirants need to make sure that they are aware of the VITEEE 2020 Application Form fill up procedures. The applications for VITEEE 2020 can be submitted both online and offline. The online application form is to be submitted from the official website of VIT; the offline form can be availed through various VIT designated post offices and centers.
To fill up the online application form, candidates can follow the steps given below:
Step 1: New Registration
- Fill in the personal details that are being asked carefully.
- VIT will send a password to the candidate’s registered mobile no. and email id.
- All the relevant information will be communicated to the student through these mediums.
Step 2: Password Confirmation
- Candidates will be required to login to ‘Registered users’ with the email id and password received from VIT.
Step 3: Updating the online application form
- Fill in the personal and academic details carefully.
- An application number will be generated after submission.
- Refer the application number for all your future events.
Step 4: Application Form Fee Payment
- Online mode through Net Banking / Credit / Debit card / Paytm.
- Application Cost Rs.1150/- for General Candidates.
- NRI and Candidates opting abroad Test centers should pay USD 50 through online mode using credit card.
Step 5: Updating Photo & Signature
- Photograph Image: Size should be between 10 KB and 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 4.5 CM.
- Signature Image: Size should be between 10 KB and 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 1.5 CM.
Note – At the time of transaction, if the amount is debited please do not try new application. Please wait for 48 hours and try for the payment once again in the same registered email id. If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again. Request for change of Mobile Number / e-mail Id / Correspondence address will not be entertained under any circumstances.
For the offline mode of VITEEE Application Form 2020 submission, candidates must note that
- The Prospectus and the information brochure for the B. Tech programme, along with the necessary enclosures which include the Application Form and a printed self-addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of `1200/- from the various post offices as given in the VIT website
- Candidates can also obtain the application form in person from (I) VIT, Vellore Campus (ii) VIT, Chennai Campus (iii) VIT – Bhopal and (iv) VIT – AP by handing over a Demand Draft for `1200/- drawn in favor of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at the respective campuses.
- The application form duly completed should be checked to see, if all the items have been correctly filled and appropriate codes indicating your exact choice have been put in the right spaces provided against each.
- Candidates are advised to go through the checklist available inside the front cover of the brochure.
- Also ensure that you have adhered to the instructions for completing the computerized OMR application form before mailing the application.
- The application should be refolded along the original fold only and inserted in the envelope provided.
List of Post offices where VITEEE 2020 Application Form is available
Candidate, who is opting for the offline mode of VITEEE Application Form submission, can purchase the Application Form for VITEEE 2020 from the following post offices.
- Andhra Pradesh – Chittoor Head Post Office; Guntur Head Post Office; Kurnool Head Post Office; Tirupati Head Post Office; Vijayawada Head Post Office; Vishakapatanam Head Post Office;
- Delhi – New Delhi General Post Office;
- Karnataka – Bangalore General Post Office;
- Orissa – Bhubaneshwar General Post Office;
- Tamil Nadu – Anna Nagar (Chennai) Sub Post Office; Anna Road (Chennai) Head Post Office; Erode Head Post Office; Madurai Head Post Office; Ranipet Head Post Office; RS Puram Head Post Office; Salem Head Post Office; T Nagar (Chennai) Head Post Office; Tiruchirappalli Head Post Office; Vellore Head Post Office.
- Telangana – Hyderabad General Post Office.
- West Bengal – Kolkata General Post Office.
VITEEE Slot Booking 2020
VITEEE 2020 slot booking will commence in the month of March 2020. All the candidates who want to appear for the VITEEE 2020 will be required to book a slot for the exam. The VITEEE slot booking 2020 will be conducted through VIT OTBS (Online test booking system). VIT Engineering Entrance Examination 2020 will be conducted in 3 slots. The candidate can choose the slot according to his/her preference. Candidates will be provided the link of VITEEE 2020 slot booking and they will be required to enter their application number and password. The candidate must quickly book a slot of the exam as slots will be booked on the basis of first come first serve.
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria formulated by the Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is as follows.
|Nationality||Any person can apply irrespective of their nationality. Foreign Nationals can apply through Foreign National Application Form.|
|Qualifying Exam||Students must have passed the 10+2 examination or equivalent examination from CBSE, ICST, FORW, State Boards, or any other government recognized board.|
Candidates who have given intermediate or pre-university exams from recognized Board or University.
Candidates who have a High School certificate from Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma form International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Candidates with GCE from Cambridge/London/Sri Lanka with an advance A level.
|Mandatory Subjects||Clearing 10+2 standard from any recognized Board is not enough. Candidates must also have studied and passed Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. English proficiency is desirable.|
|Qualifying Marks||Now passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics is not enough as a student must have scored a certain percentage. The overall 10+2 pass percentage should be more than the clearing criteria.|
Candidate must have scored an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics taken together.
If a candidate has chosen Biology instead of Mathematics, then he/she must have scored an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together.
|Age Factor||Candidates should have cleared 12th in the year of 2019, or candidates who are pursuing class 12th in the current academic year are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2020.|
Candidate, born on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible to apply.