Anna University Distance Education Admission 2020: Anna University is one of the most prestigious universities in the state of Tamil Nadu. It provides higher education in many courses in the field of Applied sciences. Anna University established its Centre for Distance Education in the year 2007 to impart postgraduate distance learning education. It is known for its quality in online and self-learning mode of education. CDE, Anna University offers professional degree courses that are MBA, MCA, and M.SC in Computer Science. Admissions to the courses are done twice a year both academic year and calendar year.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Anna University Distance Education Admission 2020 Dates
Candidates need to check the eligibility before applying for Anna University DEET University Admission 2019. The eligible candidates will get admission to different courses as per the criteria. Candidates should refer the official notification to check the eligibility in detail. Below are some important dates that candidates need to keep in mind for admissions.
|Application Preview form in the study centre and alteration or correction||2nd week of January 2020|
|The last date for payment of Examination fees by the students to the study centre||1st week of February 2020|
|Late date for Registration through the online medium (MBA/ MCA)||3rd week of February 2020|
|Last date of receipt of Completed Applications (MBA/ MCA)||3rd week of February 2020|
|Last date for Registration through online mode (M.Sc)||2nd week of March 2020|
|Last date of receipt of Completed Applicants M.Sc (CS)||4th week of February 2020|
|Entrance Test Date||Will Update|
|Tentative date of Counselling for admission||March 2020|
|Tentative Contact Classes||First week of April|
Anna University DEET Admission 2020 Eligibility
For admission to the Distance Education centre of Anna University, one should fulfill the required criteria. A candidate should possess a Bachelor Degree of a recognised university or as equivalent thereto. Further, check the eligibility criterion for Admissions in DEET 2019 from the table available below.
Eligibility of AMIE Candidates
- Candidates with AMIE or similar qualification awarded by Professional Institutes approved by MHRD are also eligible for admission to MBA/ MCA Degree Programme.
- Should have two of experience after AMIE or similar degree.
- Clearance of DEET conducted by Anna University, Chennai/ TANCET 2018 is compulsory.
Anna University Distance Education 2020 Application Form
Candidates who wish to apply for the center of distance education at Anna University can follow the ways explained below –
- Candidates can collect the form personally from center of Distance Education, Anna University.
- Make a demand draft of Rs. 650 issued in favour of “The Director, Centre for Distance Learning, Anna University “ payable at Chennai.
- Candidates can download the form from the Institute website and then they can submit it with Demand Draft.
- Send the filled in the application form to The Director of Centre for Distance Education, Anna University, Chennai.
Documents Required To Fill Anna University DDE 2020 Online Form
Candidates need to keep some documents with themselves while filling up the form for Anna University Distance education courses. Check all the information on those documents very carefully. In case any false information found on the document then it may lead to the cancellation of the seat. Candidates also need to make sure all the documents are self-attested. Keep photocopies of these documents with them as they will be needed further in the admission process.
List of documents to be enclosed with the application forms-
- Demand Draft (Rs.650/-) for Online Application.
- SSLC Mark Sheet
- HSC Mark Sheet
- Diploma certificate (if required)
- Consolidated Mark Sheet/ Mark Sheets of all the semesters of the UG Degree Programme
- Undergraduate Provisional Certificate (those who have passed their Class 12th in 2018)
- Undergraduate Degree Certificate
- TANCET 2018 Mark Sheet (if applicable )
- The first page of Bank pass book containing account no, name of the account holder, name of the bank and branch, ISFC code. Bank Account should be in the name of the candidate only.
- Two passport size photograph to be affixed at allocated places in the Admit Card.
Candidates do not need to send their originals with the Distance Education forms. Send only self-attested scanned copies of these documents with DEET forms. Original documents are to given for verification at the time of admission.
Anna University DEET Exam Pattern 2020
The DEET question paper will contain 100 objective questions and the duration will be 2 hours. Each question will have four options for the candidate to choose from. The candidate has to choose the most appropriate choice and has to darken that very choice of the answer in the box against each question. While evaluation of the OMR sheet, one mark shall be given for each correct answer. Wrong answers will be considered to break the tie. No negative marking shall be given for any wrong answer.
Syllabus for Anna University Distance Education Entrance Exam 2020
The question paper for the entrance exam of different courses is designed separately to check a candidate’s capabilities according to the courses. Different Syllabi for various courses are –
Anna University MBA Syllabus
- Data Analysis
- Comprehension Skills
- Basic Quantitative Ability
- Written English
Anna University MCA Syllabus
- Quantitative Ability
- Analytical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Computer Awareness
- Verbal Ability
- Basic Science
Anna University Distance Education Admission 2020 Centres
As far as possible the option of candidates for the Test Centre will be considered. However, the authority for the allotment of Centre for the Test is vested with the CDE, Anna University and it is final. Entrance Test for MCA will conduct at Chennai only. Below is the list of exam centres for the DEET exam 2019 for admission in Anna University, Chennai.
For MCA Entrance only Chennai is going to be the entrance exam centre.
Anna University DDE 2020 Result
After clearing the DEET Exam, a merit list of all the candidates who will clear the exam will be prepared. Those candidates will get the call for further admission process. The entrance exam result will be announced soon after the entrance exam. All the candidates whose names will be present on the merit list will be called for the counselling round. Candidates can check the result as well as the counselling date, venue and other details from the official website. Candidates are advised to choose their center for counselling wisely and to book tickets in advance to avoid inconvenience.