WBJEE Medical 2020: Note that the Registration and Choice Filling for the round-2 of counselling has begun. Candidates can register and fill in their choices through the link provided below. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board has released the Answer Key. Candidates can thus now download it and even challenge it. Check the updates section for more details. The council invites online application form for admission to various Medical, Nursing, and Pharmacy courses in West Bengal. Thus, the students who have successfully submitted their forms on time will be able to download the hall ticket. For the 2020–2021 academic session, the Board will conduct the Common Entrance Examination for admission to Undergraduate Courses in Nursing, Pharmacy, and Architecture in Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self-Financed Institutes in the State.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, we have given all the details about the WBJEE Medical 2020 for admission to various Medical, Nursing as well as Pharmacy courses in the state of West Bengal.
WBJEE Medical 2020
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board was established in the year 1962 under the regulations of the Government of West Bengal. The WBJEE Medical 2020 is a State-Level Entrance Exam that offers admission to various Nursing Courses. The WBJEEB is now conducting the exam for the academic session 2020-21. Hence, the selected candidates will be offered admission into the following courses in the Institutes and Colleges of West Bengal State.
The council holds the power to conduct the entrance exams for admission into various Postgraduate and Undergraduate courses in Medical and Engineering fields. The body conducts admission based on the online application and seat allotment through e-counseling. The mode of WEBJEE Examination is in Offline mode (OMR Based Examination). Now, let us discuss the application form and other essential details of the WEBJEE exam for the academic year 2020-21.
The Registration and Choice Filling for Counselling Round-2 has started. Candidates must fill in the choices carefully, as the seat will be allotted as per the filled in choices. In addition, do register before the due date.
- WBJEE Online Seat Allotment Round-1 Result has been declared via online mode. Candidates can check their results to know the details of the allotted institute.
- Online Registration and Choice Filling has started for the WBJEE Medical Counselling. Candidates must lock their choices before the due date. The complete counselling procedure will be carried out in online mode only.
- WBJEE Medical 2020 Result has been declared and thus the students can now download their rank card. It is available in online mode only. A merit list will be released soon.
- The WBJEE Medical Answer Key has been released by the authorities. Note that the students can also challenge it if in case they have any doubts. However, the students can only challenge the solution key on or before 19 February 2020.
- WBJEE Medical Hall Ticket Released. Download WBJEE Medical Admit Card.
- WBJEE Medical 2020 Application Form Correction Last Date 16 November 2019.
- WEBJEE Medical 2020 Online Registration Form- Apply Now
WEBJEE 2020 Timeline
As per the official notification, the WEBJEE 2020 timeline is as follows. However, these are tentative dates and are subject to change. Therefore, the candidates have to keep a regular check on the official website in order to get recent updates about the examination.
|Release of WBJEE 2020 Official Notification||October 18, 2019|
|WBJEE 2020 Registration Starts from||October 18, 2019|
|Last date to fill WBJEE Application Form 2020||November 13, 2019|
|WBJEE Application Form Online Correction Window||November 14 – 16, 2019|
|Issue of WBJEE Admit card 2020||24th January 2020|
|WBJEE 2020 Exam Date||February 2, 2020 (Sunday)|
|WEBJEE Result 2020||07th August 2020|
See the official notification about the WEBJEE Medical 2020 registration dates-
WEBJEE Application Form
The WEBJEE 2020 Application Form is now available on the official website of the West Bengal Examinations Board. Therefore, the candidates need to visit the WEBJEE official website, whose link is given in the description box. The interested aspirants for medical, nursing and pharmacy admission can apply through the online application form. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board conducts the offline examination of WEBJEE 2020. The candidates should visit the WEBJEE Official Website before filling the online application form. The link to the official website is given in the description box.
How to Fill the Application Form
The candidates can fill the online application form of WEBJEE between October 18 to November 13, 2019. The online portal will become inactive after midnight on November 13, 2019, and no more application forms can be submitted after that. Therefore, the candidates must fill the WEBJEE Form before the last submission date. The details of the procedure for completing WBJEE Application Form 2020 is given below:
1. Online WBJEE Registration
- Visit the official website by clicking on wbjeeb.nic.in
- Click on “Registration for WBJEE 2020 (Last Date – 13.11.2019) ” button.
- A Registration form reflects on the screen.
- Enter your Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Identification type and number, Address, Email ID and Mobile Number.
- Choose your password and security question and answer, review your form and click on submit.
- Your application number comes on the screen and you will receive an SMS and email.
2. Fill the WBJEE Application Form
- Candidates have to enter their personal and educational in the application form.
- Fill your domicile, category, PwD status, home district, family income, nationality, religion, and other essential details.
- Indicate WBJEE Exam centers choices in order of your preference and submit the form. There is an option to give at least three choices of exam center for each candidate.
3. Upload Photograph and Signature
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature in specified guidelines.
- The candidate has to upload a recent passport size photograph so that it matches the candidate’s physical features.
- The format and size of the scanned copies is as follows:
|Photograph||jpeg/jpg||3 kb to 100 kb||4 cm X 3 cm|
|Signature||jpeg/jpg||3 kb to 30 kb||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
Hence, the candidates must upload the images as per the specifications. The candidates are advised to upload the images in a go. No partial uploading of images is allowed while uploading the images. The authorities will not accept the applications, wherein the specified specifications are not taken into consideration. Furthermore, make sure that all the attached documents are in accordance with the above-stated specifications.
4. Pay WBJEE Application Fee
- After uploading the images, the candidate gets redirected to the payment page.
- The candidates can pay the application fee using Netbanking, Debit Card and Credit Card.
- Additional bank transaction charges are also applicable.
- Application fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- WBJEE Examination Fees vary according to the candidate’s category.
|Category||WBJEE Registration Fees|
|General/ EWS||INR 700|
|SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B||INR 500|
5. Download the WBJEE Confirmation Page
- When the WBJEE application form is complete, a confirmation page will be generated.
- If the confirmation page is not generated, it means the application process is not complete.
- Candidates have to save, download and preserve the page till the completion of the admission process, for future reference.
WBJEE Photo and Signature Guidelines
- Candidates must upload a colored photo taken from a professional camera.
- Low-quality images are not acceptable and are likely to be rejected.
- The background of the photograph must be light in color.
- The face of the candidate should occupy at least 50% of the entire space for photograph looking straight to the camera.
- Spectacles of dark or tinted glasses in the photograph are not acceptable.
- Candidates must take a photograph of 3 CM x 4 CM in size and scan it to 300 DPI.
- Now, resize it to “Email small” till its digital size ranges between 3 to 100 KBs.
Those candidates who need to change their uploaded images due to any discrepancies are notified through SMS or Email by WBJEEB. These candidates have to upload another image with the right specifications.
- The candidates will have to log into their account using their application number and password.
- The new image should be according to the specifications mentioned by the admission authorities.
- After uploading the new image, the candidates will have to submit the application form of WBJEE 2020.
WBJEE Application Form Correction 2020
- Candidates are supposed to fill the form very carefully to avoid making mistakes.
- However, WBJEEB will open WBJEE Application Form Correction from November 14 – 16, 2019.
- Therefore, during this period, the candidates will be able to edit certain fields of their application form.
- Candidates may have to pay additional fees for the changes made, for example, in case of changing from reserved category to unreserved.
The fields that cannot be corrected/edited in the application form are –
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth and
WBJEE Admission Procedure
The admission to WBJEE Medical 2020 will take place on the basis of the performance of the applicant in the entrance exam. In addition, the officials will release a merit list after the entrance exam results. Further, the ranking of the candidate is on the basis of the marks in the written entrance exam. Also, the candidates whose names appear in the merit list are eligible for the counseling round. It is essential for all the candidates to appear for this round. Moreover, the absentees may lose out their seats to other deserving candidates. Therefore, the candidates should first of all check the eligibility criteria. It is essential for all the candidates to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
WEBJEE Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the WEBJEE application form, it is important that a candidate fulfills the eligibility criteria. Therefore, the candidates must check the eligibility conditions for admissions to Pharmacy courses. The WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria includes your Age, Nationality and Educational Qualifications. Further, we have given here a the tabular form of the eligibility criteria, which the candidates can easily give a quick read to:
|1.||Nationality||Applicant must be a Citizen of India|
|2.||Age||Lower Limit- 17 years (as on 31.12.2020). A candidate should have been born on or before 31.12.2003.|
Upper Limit- There is NO upper age limit for appearing in WEBJEE 2020.
|3.||Academic Qualifications for Pharmacy Course|
Check- JNPAUH 2020
WBJEE Admit Card 2020
The WBJEE Admit Card will be available a few days before the date of the entrance examination. The Hall Ticket will be available online on the official website. Candidates, whose application form has been accepted by the Board will be issued with WBJEE Admit Card 2020. As the Admit Card will be available online, candidates will be notified of their registration number and Email ID.
WBJEE Medical Admit Card 2020 is a very important document that you have to carry along with you on the exam day. To download the Admit Card, candidates have to submit their Registration ID and Password. No applicant will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an Admit Card of WBJEE. Please note that the admit card is not mutilated/torn. In such cases, the candidates will not be allowed to appear in the entrance exam.
Therefore, candidates must keep the admit card very safely before the examination. If a candidate wants a duplicate of his/her admit card after the examination, there is a provision for this. In such cases, the candidate needs to apply to the Board by paying a demand draft of Rs 500/- in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata. A candidate can apply for the duplicate admit card, but only after 60 days of the declaration of the results.
How To Download WBJEE 2020 Hall Ticket?
The Steps to Download the Admit Card is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of WBJEEB
- Click on the Admit Card Link
- You will be now redirected to a new page
- Enter required details such as Registration ID and Password and Captcha Code
- The Admit Card will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take the printout of the Hall Ticket.
- Keep the Printout of the WEBJEE Hall Ticket 2020 safe for future reference.
Details Given in WEBJEE 2020 Admit Card
Well, the WEBJEE Medical 2020 Admission Ticket will carry all the details about the candidate and the examination. Hence, the following are the list of the details that are printed on the hall ticket.
- Name of the candidate
- Date and Time of the Examination
- Venue Of the Exam
- Course Applied for
- Father’s Name
- List of Instructions
- Category of the Exam
WBJEE 2020 – List of the Exam Centers
The WBJEE Exam will take place in various parts of West Bengal. Following is the list of the exam centers where the entrance exam will take place.
- WBJEE 2020 will be held in 46 zones in West Bengal and in Silchar (Assam) and Agartala (Tripura).
- Candidates have to indicate 3 WBJEE Exam Centers in order of preference in the application form.
- Candidates from West Bengal, Assam and Tripura can select any three zones, however, candidates from other states must select any three zones from Kolkata/ Howrah/ North 24 Parganas/ South 24 Parganas only.
- WBJEEB tries to allocate the zone as per candidate’s preference, however, it reserves the right to allocate any other center as well.
- No requests to change the exam center will be entertained.
- Candidates will have to carry their admit card, an original photo ID proof, and passport size photographs.
The details of the exam center will be available on the admit card. The list of WBJEEB Medical 2020 Exam Centers are as follows-
|Kolkata – Salt/North Lake||Berhampur||Kalimpong|
|Kolkata – South||Kalyani||Tamluk|
Check – Paramedical 2020
Essential Documents Along with the Admit card
The applicants must carry the following documents to the exam hall along with the WEBJEE Admit Card. Hence, the list of the documents that have to be carried along with the Hall Ticket is as follows-
- Valid Photo Identity Proof such as Passport, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, etc.
- Admit Card of WEBJEE 2020
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
The admit card of WEBJEE Medical 2020 is a mandatory document. No candidate can enter the exam hall or appear for the exam without the Hall Ticket.
WEBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
WBJEE Medical 2020 is a state-level entrance examination conducted by the WBJEEB (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board) for admission into Medical and Dental colleges of the state. Candidates willing to apply for this examination must be familiar with the exam pattern, and syllabus prescribed by the examination board. Here we have given the details of the exam pattern and syllabus. Candidates can read the description and use them for the exam preparation.
There will be 2 papers in WBJEE 2020 Exam – Paper 1 (Mathematics) and Paper 2 (Physics and Chemistry) combined.
- Candidates who take both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be eligible for admission in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy programs.
- Applicants who take only Paper 2 will be eligible for admission in only pharmacy programs except in Jadavpur University.
- Candidates who take only Paper 1 will not be eligible for admission in any program.
As per the WBJEE Exam Pattern, there are 3 categories of questions in each subject:
- Category 1 questions are of 1 mark each and have only one correct option.
- The Second Category questions carry 2 marks and have only one correct option.
- Category 3 questions will be of 2 marks and have one or more correct options.
The Question Paper will have Multiple Choice Questions with 4 alternatives for each question.
Number of Questions:
|S. No||Subject||No of Questions|
Check – GNM Nursing 2020
Distribution of marks:
|Subject||Category 1 |
|Category 2 |
|Category 3 |
|Biology||90 x 1||15 x 2||15 x 2||150|
|Physics||30 x 1||5 x 2||5 x 2||50|
|Chemistry||30 x 1||5 x 2||5 x 2||50|
Candidates, please note that the WEBJEE 2020 consists of two papers. However, Paper 1 is only for those who are applying for engineering courses. Candidates appearing in Paper 2 only and who are awarded Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR) are eligible for admission in Pharmacy courses only, except in Jadavpur University.
WEBJEE 2020 Negative Marking
There are three categories of questions in the exam pattern with varying marking scheme as explained below:
|Categories||No. of correct options||Marks per questions||Negative Marking|
|Category 1||One only||1||–0.25 marks|
|Category 2||One only||2||–0.5 marks|
|Category 3||One or more||2||0 mark|
Important: In category 3, only all the correct responses will fetch you 2 marks. Any correct or incorrect response will fetch you 0 mark. For partially correct response, marks will be awarded as per the following formula: 2X (Number of Correct Options Marked ÷ Total Number of Correct Options)
WEBJEE Medical Syllabus
The WEBJEE 2020 Pharmacy Syllabus is the same as that of the PCB High School Level. The questions will come purely from the syllabus of class 12th NCERT or other Reference textbooks. Candidates need to thoroughly prepare the class 12th PCB Syllabus to score well in the entrance exam. The subject wise important topics of WBJEE Syllabus is given below:
|Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions||Atoms, Molecules, Chemical Arithmetic|
|Law of Motion, Centre of Mass, Friction, Gravitation||Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics, Viscosity, Kinetics||The Periodic Table and Chemical Families|
|Oscillations & Waves||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Current Electricity||Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics|
|Magnetic Effect of Current||Physical Chemistry,|
|Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current||Chemistry of Carbon Compounds|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Aromatic Compounds|
|Optics||Introduction to Bio-molecule|
Check – Pharmacy Courses After 12th
For details of the syllabus please refer to the official WEBJEE 2020 Prospectus. The Link to the prospectus is given at the beginning of this article.
WEBJEE Medical 2020 Question Papers
The candidates preparing for the WEBJEE 2020 entrance exam should check the old/previous year question papers in order to get an idea about the type/pattern of questions asked in the exam. The WEBJEE Question Paper pdf is available on the official website (www.wbjeeb.nic.in/WBJEECMS). Candidates can check the old question papers from the given link. They can download the pdf of previous year question paper and practice them to prepare for the entrance exam.
WEBJEE Answer Key
The Examination Board will release the official WEBJEE Answer Key after one week of the entrance exam. Therefore, the candidates can check the answer key from the official website. The answer key is of each specific subject. This helps the candidate to match their response from the correct options. They can get a fair idea about how much they are going to score in the entrance test. This also helps them to predict their ranks well in advance. The answer key also leads to many disputed/vague questions, if any. In such cases, there is a provision for the candidates to claim for justice to the question.
WEBJEE Medical Merit List
The officials will declare the WEBJEE Pharmacy Merit List soon after the results are released. The merit list displays the AIR Rank of the candidate and the total marks scored in the entrance test. On the basis of the merit list, the candidates are eligible for the counseling round. The seat allotment also occurs on the basis of the rank of the candidate in the entrance exam. Therefore, the candidates can check their Rank List pdf available on the official website.
WEBJEE 2020 Counseling
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board will conduct the official WEBJEE Counseling to fill the seats in govt. and private nursing and pharmacy courses. The candidates should go through the following information points regarding the WEJEE 2020 counseling procedure:
- WBJEE Counselling is conducted in online mode for all the courses
- In order to participate in WBJEE Counselling 2020, a candidate has to pay an additional counseling fee, as given in the official notification.
- WBJEEB will provide institute-wise and course-wise seat details of all the colleges in the West Bengal.
- The candidates will have to provide choice for the college and course from the available list.
- WBJEE Counselling 2020 will comprise 3 rounds of counseling and seat allotment.
- Separate counseling is organized for candidates applying on the basis of WBJEE and JEE Main.
- Candidates also have to visit the reporting center for document verification.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of the Merit List & preference provided by the candidates.
WEBJEE Medical 2020 Summary
|Name of the Exam||WEBJEE 2020|
|Name of the Conducting Body||WBJEEB- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Application Form Dates||18th October 2019 to 13th November 2019|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English|
|Mode of Application Form||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Application Fee Charges||Rs 700 + Transaction Charges|
|Date of the Entrance Exam||2nd February 2020|
Check – JENPAUH Question Papers 2020