WBJEE Medical 2021: WBJEE Medical Registration is now closed. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is a state-level entrance exam. It is conducted for the students wanting to pursue UG programmes in the field of Pharmacy, Architecture, Engineering, and Technology. The exam will take place on 11th July 2021. Moreover, for being eligible to appear for the exam, the students have to first fill and submit the application form. Through the WBJEE Medical 2021 students are eligible for admission to various universities, government colleges, and self-financed institutes. In addition, the admission process of the participating institutes of West Bengal could be different. Further, for more details about the entrance exam, admission, and application process, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- WBJEE 2021 Medical Exam is scheduled to be held on 11th July 2021.
- WBJEE Medical Registration has started, candidates can submit the application form by 23rd March 2021 (05:00 PM). All the other important dates are further mentioned in the table below. – Register Now
WBJEE Medical Exam 2021
The WBJEE 2021 Exam is conducted every year in offline mode, i.e it is a pen and paper-based test. Wherein, the students have to record the responses in the OMR Sheet. The authorities further may send notifications to students about the admission events. However, the students should still have knowledge of all the important events and dates. Therefore, the schedule of the entrance exam is provided below.
|Starting of Online registration||23rd February 2021|
|Last date to fill form & make fee payment||23rd March 2021|
|Downloading the confirmation page||24th March 2021 to 26th March 2021|
|Correction Window||24th March 2021 to 26th March 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||06th July to 11th July 2021|
|Exam Date||11th July 2021|
|Publication of Answer Key||– To be Announced –|
|Last date of challenging the Answer Key||– To be Announced –|
|Publication of Recorded Responses||– To be Announced –|
|Publication of final Answer Key||– To be Announced –|
|Declaration of Result||– To be Announced –|
|Round of Counselling||– To be Announced –|
WBJEE Medical Admission Procedure 2021
Admission to the West Bengal medical colleges is done purely on the basis of merit. Hence, candidates’ performance in the entrance exam plays a significant role. Only the students who score the minimum qualifying marks in the WBJEE Medical are eligible for admission. After the exam, the board releases the merit list. Candidates are ranked in order of merit in the rank list. Further, the merit students have to participate in the counselling round. It is further compulsory for merit students to take part in counselling or else their seats are allotted to other deserving candidates. On the day of counselling, the seat allotment and document verification process are conducted.
WBJEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria of WBJEE defines the conditions that each of the applicants needs to satisfy. It is prescribed by the WBJEE Board. Moreover, it remains the same every year and not many changes have been introduced. However, if there is any addition of conditions, then the same shall be updated in the article. Further, the eligibility criteria for the entrance exam is as follows:
|1.||Nationality||Applicant must be a Citizen of India|
|2.||Age||Lower Limit- 17 years (as of 31.12.2020). A candidate should have been born on or before 31.12.2003.|
Upper Limit- There is NO upper age limit for appearing in WBJEE 2020.
|3.||Academic Qualifications for Pharmacy Course|
WBJEE Application Form 2021
The application process comprises certain stages, wherein all the steps must be completed to submit the form successfully. In addition, the admit card is issued to only the students who submit the form on time. Moreover, do not forget to check out the eligibility criteria carefully before starting to fill the WBJEE Online Form. The applications of ineligible students are rejected. Furthermore, the complete application process is carried out in online mode only. The form shall further not be available in any of the offline media. Each of the stages of the application process is further described below.
Step 1: Online Registration
The first stage of the application process is online registration. Candidates have to first register themselves and only then they can fill the form. In addition, the registration process is carried out in online mode. Further, the below-mentioned steps can be followed to register successfully.
- Visit the Official Website of WBJEE Medical – www.wbjeeb.nic.in
- On the homepage, click on the “Registration for WBJEE”
- Then the registration form appears on the screen. Wherein, students have to enter their Name, Fathers’ Name, Mother’s Name, Email ID, Identification Type, Address, Date of Birth, and Mobile Number. Candidates should enter the correct information as the notifications are sent to students on the provided contact details.
- Then, students, are asked to choose a password, security question, and answer.
- Further, check all the entered details carefully and submit them.
- Then the application number appears on the screen. Candidates also receive an SMS and mail containing the login credential details.
Step 2: Fill the WBJEE Application Form
After completing the registration process, candidates have to login by entering the registration ID and Password. Then after logging in, the application form appears on the screen. In addition, do read out all the instructions carefully before starting to fill the form. While filling the form, the students have to enter their category, domicile, family income, PwD status, nationality, religion, and other personal details. Moreover, educational details have to be filled in as well. Candidates should keep all these documents ready as the entered information should be the same as that on the official documents. Furthermore, the students have to enter their choice of exam centre. The exam centre is allotted as per the filled-in choices only.
Step 3: Upload Photograph and Signature
The next step is to upload the documents. In addition, the documents must be uploaded as per the prescribed specifications and should be scanned first. The other things students must take care of while uploading the documents are as follows:
- The Photograph must not be older than 6 months.
- In addition, the signature must be done on white paper with a blue/ black ballpoint pen.
Further, the specifications following which the documents must be uploaded are mentioned in the table given below. If the documents are uploaded in another format, size, or dimension then you shall not be able to submit the application form.
|Photograph||jpeg/ jpg||3 kb to 100 kb||4 cm X 3 cm|
|Signature||jpeg/ jpg||3 kb to 30 kb||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
After uploading the documents, the students are redirected to the payment gateway. Note that if the payment for the application fee is not done on time, then the form is considered incomplete. Further, the category-wise application fee is mentioned in the table below. Candidates can pay the fee through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. Moreover, the application fee is non-refundable and it wouldn’t be refunded under any circumstances. The bank transaction charges are also applied.
|Category||WBJEE Registration Fees|
|General/ EWS||INR 700|
|SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B||INR 500|
Step 5: Take a Printout of the Confirmation Page
After a successful transaction, the confirmation page appears on the screen. It basically declares that the student has completed the application process successfully. Hence, you must take a printout of the confirmation page. As it is required for future references.
WBJEE 2021 Application Form Correction
The WBJEE Board provides the WBJEE Medical application form correction facility. It is provided for allowing the students to correct the errors if any. In addition, the correction window opens after the completion of the application process. Only the students who submitted the form and paid the application fee are allowed to make changes to the form. Moreover, this facility is made available for a limited period of time. Hence, the students should edit and submit the form before the due date. The application correction process further is carried out in online mode only. Further, only a few fields are editable during the correction process. The list of fields that the students may not be able to edit are as follows:
- Name of the Applicant
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Admit Card 2021
WBJEE Admit Card 2021 is issued by the board to the students who submit the application form before the due date. It is one of the most important documents, as without the hall ticket no student is allowed inside the exam hall. It further contains the candidate’s name, roll number, registration ID, exam centre address, time, and date of the exam. Candidates have to visit the WBJEE Board Official Website to download their admit card. Moreover, do not forget to check all the details before downloading it. As it shall only be available in online mode, hence the step by step guide to download it provided below.
How to Download WBJEE 2021 Hall Ticket?
- Visit the Official Website of the WBJEE Board – www.wbjeeb.nic.in OR the direct link to download the hall ticket is provided in the article as well.
- Further, on the homepage, in the login section enter the registration ID and Password.
- After logging in successfully, your WBJEE Medical admit card appears on the screen.
- Check all the details carefully and then click on the download icon.
- In addition, take out at least 2-3 printouts of the admit card. The admit card is required even after the exam. Hence, it is important to keep it safe.
How can I get a duplicate Admit Card after the Examination?
The students wanting a duplicate hall ticket have to apply to the WBJEE Board. Candidates further have to pay a sum of Rs. 500/- in the form of a demand draft to make the request. The draft must be in favor of the “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata. Moreover, note that the request can be made only after 60 days of the result declaration.
List of WBJEE Exam Centres
While filling the application form, the students have to enter their choice of exam centre. Candidates can choose the location near to their place. In this way, you do not face any difficulty on the exam day. Further, the list of places at which the exam centre is set up is provided below. Candidates have to choose the place one out of these only.
|Kolkata – Salt/North Lake||Berhampur||Kalimpong|
|Kolkata – South||Kalyani||Tamluk|
WBJEE Syllabus 2021
During the preparation process, the first step must be to gather all the information about the syllabus and exam pattern. It plays a vital role in the preparation process. The two main subjects candidates need to cover are Physics and Chemistry. Further, all the important topics to be covered are mentioned below. The students should prepare the topics carrying more marks first.
Physics Chemistry Mathematics Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions Atoms, Molecules, Chemical Arithmetic Algebra Kinematics Atomic Structure Trigonometry Law of Motion, Centre of Mass, Friction, Gravitation Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry Co-ordinate Geometry of three dimensions Thermodynamics, Viscosity, Kinetics The Periodic Table and Chemical Families Co-ordinate Geometry of two dimensions Oscillations & Waves Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure Calculus Electrostatics Coordination compounds- Current Electricity Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics Magnetic Effect of Current Physical Chemistry, Magnetics Environmental Chemistry Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current Chemistry of Carbon Compounds Electromagnetic Waves Aromatic Compounds Optics Introduction to Bio-molecule
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern of WBJEE 2021 gives an insight into the question paper, mode of the exam, and other such details. Candidates must be aware of the exam pattern, as it shall help you in the preparation process. The students then face many difficulties on the exam day with complete knowledge of the exam pattern. Further, the exam pattern of the state level exam is as follows:
- Mode of WBJEE: The Entrance Exam is conducted in offline mode. Candidates have to give the responses by filling the OMR Sheet.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- No. of Sections: It is divided into 2 Papers, wherein the first is that of Mathematics and the second paper contains the questions from Physics and Chemistry.
- No. of Shifts: The state-level exam is conducted in two shifts – Morning and Afternoon Shift
- Furthermore, the students should only use blue/ black ballpoint pen for filling the OMR Sheet. Also, read all the instructions carefully before starting to answer the questions.
Number of Questions
|S. No||Subject||No of Questions|
Distribution of Marks
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Category – I (1 mark)||Category – II (2 marks)||Category – III (2 marks)|
|Categories||No. of correct options||Marks per questions||Negative Marking|
|Category 1||One only||1||–0.25 marks|
|Category 2||One only||2||–0.5 marks|
|Category 3||One or more||2||0 mark|
WBJEEB 2021 Question Paper
The Question Paper of WBJEE Medical is uploaded on the official website of the exam conducting body. It is released along with the answer key for allowing the students to cross-check and calculate a rough score. Further, the students preparing for the exam should solve the previous years’ paper. The past years’ question papers are available on the official website of the WBJEE Board. By solving the papers, students can find the weak areas. It shall also help you in understanding the exam pattern better. Further, the question papers are released in PDF format, so that the students do not face any difficulty in downloading it.
WBJEE Medical Answer Key 2021
The WBJEE Solution Key 2021 contains the answers to all the questions that are there in the main question paper. It will be released before the result declaration. The answer key is released for allowing the students to calculate a rough score and to know their chances of clearing the exam. Also, it is released in online mode in the form of PDF. The students can thus easily download it and check their expected scores. Moreover, the final result is prepared as per the answer key only.
West Bengal Medical Exam Result 2021
In order to check the result, candidates have to enter the login credentials. Only after logging in successfully, the students can check their results. WBJEE 2021 Scorecard further contains the student’s score, roll number, and qualifying status. The students should further take a printout of the scorecard as it is required during the round of counselling. Further, a merit list is released after the result declaration for indicating the names of students eligible for counselling.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Merit List
The rank list is prepared for ranking the students in order of merit. WBJEE Medical Rank List is released after the result declaration. It contains the student’s All India Rank, Name, Roll Number, and the Marks secured in the exam. Further, only the merit list students are eligible for counselling. Candidates are called for counselling as per the merit list only. Hence, students with higher rank are given preference. It is released in online mode and not in any other medium. The rank list shall further be released in PDF format.
WBJEE Medical Counselling 2021
The Counselling of WBJEE Medical begins soon after the result declaration. It is the last and final round of the admission process. Further, it is compulsory for all merit students to take part in this admission round. The students failing to do so lose out their seats to other deserving candidates. This admission round is conducted for document verification and seat allotment process. Candidates thus have to carry the necessary documents along. The complete details of the round of counselling are further provided below.
- The WBJEE Medical Counselling 2021 is conducted in online mode for all the offered courses.
- In order to participate in the Counselling, a candidate has to pay an additional counseling fee, as given in the official notification.
- The board conducting the counselling rounds provide institute-wise and course-wise seat details of all the colleges in West Bengal.
- Further, the candidates have to provide a choice for the college and course from the available list.
- The counselling is conducted in a total of 3 rounds. Wherein seats are allotted as per the respective round of counselling.
- Separate counselling rounds are organized for candidates applying on the basis of WBJEE Medical and JEE Main.
- Candidates also have to visit the reporting center for document verification.
- Seats are allotted to candidates on the basis of the Merit List & preference provided by the candidates.
WBJEE Medical Preparation Tips 2021
The students need to prepare really well as it wouldn’t be that easy to clear the exam. Candidates need to have the correct strategy and mindset to clear it. Therefore, to ensure that you work smart and clear the exam easily. We have listed below some preparation tips below. These tips shall help you in preparing and working in an efficient manner. Further, the recommended tips for the WBJEE 2021 Medical exam are as follows:
- One should always begin by gathering all the information about the syllabus, exam pattern, and question paper. You should have in-depth knowledge of all these things.
- Then do look out for all the study material you require such as reference books. A lot of students end up referring to a lot of books and getting confused. Each book is written in a certain style, thus try to use the required books. Don’t get into a lot of them.
- Further, what most of the students miss out on is a proper plan of action. You should prepare a proper time-table for yourself, wherein you should mention the time period within which you must complete a chapter or subject. Moreover, you can also prepare a planner every day, with the time slots in which you study and topics that should be covered.
- While studying do make proper notes. These notes come in handy during the revision time. In addition, the notes should be clear so that you don’t face difficulty while looking for a topic during revision time.
- Further, it is important to solve sample papers. While solving papers, you can find the weak areas. You can also record the time which you are taking to complete the paper.