WBJEE Medical 2021: The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is a state-level entrance exam. It is conducted for the students wanting to pursue UG programmes in the field of Pharmacy, Architecture, Engineering, and Technology. Moreover, for being eligible to appear for the exam, the students will have to first fill and submit the application form. Through the WBJEE Medical 2021 students will be eligible for admission to various universities, government colleges, and self-financed institutes. In addition, the admission process of the participating institutes of West Bengal could be different. Further, for more details about the entrance exam, admission, and application process, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
WBJEE Medical Exam 2021
The WBJEE 2021 Exam is conducted every year in offline mode, i.e it will be a pen and paper-based test. Wherein, the students will have to record the responses in the OMR Sheet. The authorities further may send notifications to students about the admission events. However, the students should still have knowledge of all the important events and dates. Therefore, the schedule of the entrance exam is provided below.
|Events||Event Dates (Tentative)|
|Starting of Online registration||– 3rd week of December 2020 –|
|Last date to fill form & make fee payment||– 3rd week of January 2021 –|
|Downloading the confirmation page||– Last week of January 2021 –|
|Correction Window||– Last week of January 2021 –|
|Availability of Admit Card||– 2nd week of April 2021 –|
|Exam Date||– 3rd week of April 2021 –|
|Publication of Answer Key||– 1st week of May 2021 –|
|Last date of challenging the Answer Key||– 2nd week of May 2021 –|
|Publication of Recorded Responses||– 2nd week of May 2021 –|
|Publication of final Answer Key||– 3rd week of May 2021 –|
|Declaration of Result||– 4th week of May 2021 –|
|Round of Counselling||– Last week of May 2021 –|
WBJEE Medical Admission Procedure 2021
The admission to the West Bengal medical colleges will be done purely on the basis of merit. Hence, candidates’ performance in the entrance exam will play a key role. Only the students who will score the minimum qualifying marks in the WBJEE Medical will be eligible for admission. After the exam, the board will release the merit list. Candidates will be ranked in order of merit in the rank list. Further, the merit students will have to participate in the counselling round. It is further compulsory for merit students to take part in counselling or else their seats will be allotted to other deserving candidates. On the day of counselling, the seat allotment and document verification process will be conducted. According to this, medical institutes will be allotted.
WBJEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria of WBJEE defines the conditions that each of the applicants needs to satisfy. It is prescribed by the WBJEE Board. Moreover, it remains the same every year and not many changes have been introduced. However, if there will be any addition of conditions, then the same will be updated in the article. Further, the eligibility criteria for the entrance exam is as follows:
|1.||Nationality||Applicant must be a Citizen of India|
|2.||Age||Lower Limit- 17 years (as of 31.12.2020). A candidate should have been born on or before 31.12.2003.|
Upper Limit- There is NO upper age limit for appearing in WBJEE 2020.
|3.||Academic Qualifications for Pharmacy Course|
WBJEE Application Form 2021
The application process comprises of certain stages, wherein all the steps must be completed to submit the form successfully. In addition, the admit card will be issued to only the students who will submit the form on time. Moreover, do not forget to check out the eligibility criteria carefully before starting to fill the WBJEE Online Form. The applications of ineligible students will be rejected. Furthermore, the complete application process will be carried out in online mode only. The form will not be available in any of the offline media. Each of the stages of the application process is further described below.
Step 1: Online Registration
The first stage of the application process is online registration. Candidates will have to first register themselves and only then they will be able to fill the form. In addition, the registration process will be completed in online mode. Further, the below-mentioned steps can be followed to register successfully.
- Visit the Official Website of WBJEE Medical – www.wbjeeb.nic.in
- On the homepage, click on the “Registration for WBJEE”
- Then the registration form will appear on the screen. Wherein, students will have to enter their Name, Fathers’ Name, Mother’s Name, Email ID, Identification Type, Address, Date of Birth, and Mobile Number. Candidates should enter the correct information as the notifications will be sent to students on the provided contact details.
- Then students will be asked to choose a password, security question, and answer.
- Further, check all the entered details carefully and submit it.
- Then the application number will appear on the screen. Candidates’ will also receive an SMS and mail containing the login credential details.
Step 2: Fill the WBJEE Application Form
After completing the registration process, candidates will have to login by entering the registration ID and Password. Then after logging in, the application form will appear on the screen. In addition, do read out all the instructions carefully before starting to fill the form. While filling the form, the students will have to enter their category, domicile, family income, PwD status, nationality, religion, and other personal details. Moreover, educational details have to be filled in as well. Candidates should keep all these documents ready as the entered information should be the same as that on the official documents. Furthermore, the students will have to enter their choice of exam centre. The exam centre will be allotted as per the filled in choices only.
Step 3: Upload Photograph and Signature
The next step is to upload the documents. In addition, the documents must be uploaded as per the prescribed specifications and should be scanned first. The other things students must take care of while uploading the documents are as follows:
- The Photograph must not be older than 6 months.
- In addition, the signature must be done on a white paper with a blue/ black ballpoint pen.
Further, the specifications following which the documents must be uploaded are mentioned in the table given below. If the documents will be uploaded in another format, size, or dimension then you will not be able to submit the application form.
|Photograph||jpeg/jpg||3 kb to 100 kb||4 cm X 3 cm|
|Signature||jpeg/jpg||3 kb to 30 kb||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
After uploading the documents, the students will be redirected to the payment gateway. Note that if the payment for the application fee will not be done on time, then your form will be rejected. Further, the category-wise application fee is mentioned in the table below. Candidates can pay the fee through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. Moreover, the application fee is non-refundable and it wouldn’t be refunded under any circumstances. The bank transaction charges will also be applied.
|Category||WBJEE Registration Fees|
|General/ EWS||INR 700|
|SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B||INR 500|
Step 5: Take a Printout of the Confirmation Page
After a successful transaction, the confirmation page will appear on the screen. It basically declares that the student has completed the application process successfully. Hence, you must take a printout of the confirmation page. It will be required for future references.
WBJEE 2021 Application Form Correction
The WBJEE Board provides the WBJEE Medical application form correction facility. It is provided for allowing the students to correct the errors if any. In addition, the correction window opens after the completion of the application process. Only the students who submitted the form and paid the application fee will be allowed to make changes in the form. Moreover, this facility will be available for a limited period of time. Hence, the students should edit and submit the form before the due date. The application correction process will further be carried out in online mode only. Further, only a few fields will be editable during the correction process. The list of fields that the students will not be allowed to edit are as follows:
- Name of the Applicant
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Admit Card 2021
WBJEE Admit Card 2021 will be issued by the board to the students who submit the application form before the due date. It is one of the most important documents, as without the hall ticket no student will be allowed inside the exam hall. It further contains the candidate’s name, roll number, registration ID, exam centre address, time, and date of the exam. Candidates will have to visit the WBJEE Board Official Website to download their admit card. Moreover, do not forget to check all the details before downloading it. As it will only be available in online mode, hence the step by step guide to download it provided below.
How to Download WBJEE 2021 Hall Ticket?
- Visit the Official Website of the WBJEE Board – www.wbjeeb.nic.in OR the direct link to download the hall ticket will be provided in the article as well.
- Further, on the homepage, in the login section enter the registration ID and Password.
- After logging in successfully, your WBJEE Medical admit card will appear on the screen.
- Check all the details carefully and then click on the download icon.
- In addition, take out at least 2-3 printouts of the admit card. The admit card will be required even after the exam. Hence, it is important to keep it safe.
How can I get a duplicate Admit Card after the Examination?
The students wanting a duplicate hall ticket will have to apply to the WBJEE Board. Candidates will further have to pay a sum of Rs. 500/- in the form of a demand draft to make the request. The draft must be in favor of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata. Moreover, note that the request can be made only after 60 days of the result declaration.
List of WBJEE Exam Centres
While filling the application form, the students will have to enter their choice of exam centre. Candidates can choose the location near to their place. In this way, you will not face any difficulty on the exam day. Further, the list of places at which the exam centre will be set up is provided below. Candidates have to choose the place one out of these only. Furthermore, after the issuance of the admit card, the allotted exam centre will not be changed under any circumstances.
|Kolkata – Salt/North Lake||Berhampur||Kalimpong|
|Kolkata – South||Kalyani||Tamluk|
WBJEE Syllabus 2021
During the preparation process, the first step must be to gather all the information about the syllabus and exam pattern. It plays a vital role in the preparation process. The two main subjects candidates need to cover are Physics and Chemistry. Further, all the important topics to be covered are mentioned below. The students should prepare the topics carrying more marks first.
Physics Chemistry Mathematics Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions Atoms, Molecules, Chemical Arithmetic Algebra Kinematics Atomic Structure Trigonometry Law of Motion, Centre of Mass, Friction, Gravitation Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry Co-ordinate Geometry of three dimensions Thermodynamics, Viscosity, Kinetics The Periodic Table and Chemical Families Co-ordinate Geometry of two dimensions Oscillations & Waves Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure Calculus Electrostatics Coordination compounds- Current Electricity Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics Magnetic Effect of Current Physical Chemistry, Magnetics Environmental Chemistry Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current Chemistry of Carbon Compounds Electromagnetic Waves Aromatic Compounds Optics Introduction to Bio-molecule
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern of WBJEE 2021 will give you an insight into the question paper, mode of the exam, and other such details. Candidates must be aware of the exam pattern, as it will help you in the preparation process. The students will not face much difficulty on the exam day with complete knowledge of the exam pattern. Further, the exam pattern of the state level exam is as follows:
- Mode of WBJEE: The Entrance Exam is conducted in offline mode. Candidates will have to give the responses by filling the OMR Sheet.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- No. of Sections: It is divided into 2 Papers, wherein the first will be that of Mathematics and the second paper will contain the questions from Physics and Chemistry.
- No. of Shifts: The state-level exam will be conducted in two shifts – Morning and Afternoon Shift
- Furthermore, the students should only use blue/ black ballpoint pen for filling the OMR Sheet. Also, read all the instructions carefully before starting to answer the questions.
Number of Questions
|S. No||Subject||No of Questions|
Distribution of Marks
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Category – I (1 mark)||Category – II (2 marks)||Category – III (2 marks)|
|Categories||No. of correct options||Marks per questions||Negative Marking|
|Category 1||One only||1||–0.25 marks|
|Category 2||One only||2||–0.5 marks|
|Category 3||One or more||2||0 mark|
WBJEEB 2021 Question Paper
The Question Paper of WBJEE Medical will be uploaded on the official website of the exam conducting body. It will be released along with the answer key for allowing the students to cross-check and calculate a rough score. Further, the students preparing for the exam should solve the previous years’ paper. The past years’ question papers are available on the official website of the WBJEE Board. By solving the papers, students will be able to find the weak areas. It will also help you in understanding the exam pattern better. Further, the question papers are released in PDF format, so that the students do not face any difficulty in downloading it.
WBJEE Medical Answer Key 2021
The WBJEE Solution Key 2021 will contain the answers to all the questions that will be there in the main question paper. It will be released before the result declaration. The answer key is released for allowing the students to calculate a rough score and to know their chances of clearing the exam. Also, it will be released in online mode in the form of PDF. The students can thus easily download it and check their expected scores. Moreover, the final result will be prepared as per the answer key only.
West Bengal Medical Exam Result 2021
Candidates who appeared for the entrance exam will be able to check their results online. In order to check the result, candidates will have to enter the login credentials. Only after logging in successfully, the students will be able to check their results. WBJEE 2021 Scorecard will further contain the student’s score, roll number, and the qualifying status. The students should further take a printout of the scorecard as it will be required during the round of counselling. Further, a merit list will be released after the result declaration for indicating the names of students eligible for counselling.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Merit List
The rank list is prepared for ranking the students in order of merit. WBJEE Medical Rank List will be released after the result declaration. It will contain the students All India Rank, Name, Roll Number, and the Marks secured in the exam. Further, only the merit list students will eligible for counselling. Candidates will be called for counselling as per the merit list only. Hence, students with higher rank will be given preference. It will be released in online mode and not in any other medium. The rank list will further be released in PDF format.
WBJEE Medical Counselling 2021
The Counselling of WBJEE Medical will begin soon after the result declaration. It is the last and final round of the admission process. Further, it is compulsory for all merit students to take part in this admission round. The students failing to do so will lose out their seats to other deserving candidates. This admission round is conducted for document verification and seat allotment process. Candidates will thus have to carry the necessary documents along. The complete details of the round of counselling are further provided below.
- The WBJEE Medical Counselling 2021 will be conducted in online mode for all the offered courses.
- In order to participate in the Counselling, a candidate has to pay an additional counseling fee, as given in the official notification.
- The board conducting the counselling rounds will provide institute-wise and course-wise seat details of all the colleges in the West Bengal.
- Further, the candidates will have to provide choice for the college and course from the available list.
- The counselling will be conducted in a total of 3 rounds. Wherein, seats will be allotted as per the respective round of counselling.
- Separate counselling rounds will be organized for candidates applying on the basis of WBJEE Medical and JEE Main.
- Candidates also have to visit the reporting center for document verification.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of the Merit List & preference provided by the candidates.
WBJEE Medical Preparation Tips 2021
The students need to prepare really well as it wouldn’t be that easy to clear the exam. Candidates need to have the correct strategy and mindset to clear it. Therefore, to ensure that you work smart and clear the exam easily. We have listed below some preparation tips below. These tips will help you in preparing and working in an efficient manner. Further, the recommended tips for the WBJEE 2021 Medical exam are as follows:
- One should always begin by gathering all the information about the syllabus, exam pattern, and the question paper. You should have in-depth knowledge of all these things.
- Then do look out for all the study material you will require such as reference books. A lot of students end up referring to a lot of books and getting confused. Each book is written in a certain style, thus try to use the required books. Don’t get into a lot of them.
- Further, what most of the students miss out on is a proper plan of action. You should prepare a proper time-table for yourself, wherein you should mention the time period within which you must complete a chapter or subject. Moreover, you can also prepare a planner every day, with the time slots in which you will study and topics that should be covered.
- While studying do make proper notes. These notes will come handy during the revision time. In addition, the notes should be clear so that you don’t face difficulty while looking for a topic during revision time.
- Further, it is important to solve sample papers. While solving papers, you will be able to find the weak areas. You can also record the time which you are taking to complete the paper.