FMGE 2021: The National Board of Examination (NBE) is responsible for conducting the Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Exam (FMGE). In addition, it is a national level exam and hence students in large numbers appear for the test. Candidates will further have to register first and submit the application form. The admit card will only be issued to students who will submit the application form on time. Further, the entrance exam is conducted twice a year, i.e in June and December session. The students who will clear the FMGE 2021 will further be eligible to obtain permanent or provisional registration with State Medical Council. For more details about the Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Result, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The complete application process will be in online mode. Moreover, before filling the form, the students should check out the eligibility criteria carefully. Note that the FMGE Application Form 2021 of ineligible candidates will get rejected. Further, students should be aware of all the important event dates. The authorities haven’t released the official notification yet. However, the tentative dates of events are mentioned in the table given below.
|Application Form Release Date||2nd week of April 2021|
|Application Form Submission Date||– May 2021 –|
|Application Correction Facility||– May 2021 –|
|Issue of Admit Card||– June 2021 –|
|Exam Date||– June 2021 –|
|Declaration of Result||– July 2021 –|
|Application Form Release Date||– October 2021 –|
|Application Form Submission Date||– October 2021 –|
|Application Correction Facility||– December 2021 –|
|Releasing of Admit Card||– December 2021 –|
|FMGE 2021 Exam Date||– December 2021 –|
|Declaration of Result||– January 2022 –|
FMGE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria of FMGE basically indicates the conditions which applicant need to satisfy for being eligible to appear for the exam. It is prescribed by the officials of the National Board of Examinations. Candidates will also have to provide the necessary documents in order to verify the details mentioned during registration. Further, the eligibility criteria for the FMGE Exam is as follows:
- The applicants wanting to appear for the entrance exam must be a Bonafide or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- In addition, the student must obtain a necessary primary medical qualification and MBBS Degree before the given period for a particular session.
- Further, the MBBS Degree of FMG must be awarded by the Institutions included in the Word Directory of the Medical Schools as listed by the World Health Organizations or an Institution duly attested by the Indian Embassy.
- All the FMGs have to provide their documents in support of the Primary Medical Education from the foreign Medical Institution concerned.
- Moreover, the students with Post Graduate Medical Degree obtained in the countries of Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, etc. are not eligible to appear in FMGE. They can directly register with MCI/SMC.
Thus, these are the eligibility conditions that each student must satisfy for being eligible to appear for the national level exam.
FMGE Application Form 2021
It is important for the students to complete the application process successfully in order to appear for the exam. The FMGE 2021 Application Form will further be released in online mode. Hence, the students will have to visit the Official Website to fill the form. Moreover, to fill the form, the students will have to provide their educational, communication, and personal details. Candidates will also have to upload the required documents as per the prescribed specifications. The list of documents you should keep ready while filling the form is further provided below. After filling the form, uploading the documents, and submitting the application fee, the students need to take out a printout of the form. The authorities also provide Application Form Correction facility, which allows students to further edit the submitted form.
How to Fill the FMGE Online Application Form?
As the form will be available in online mode only. Hence, to ensure that the students do not face any difficulty in filling the form, the step by step guide is provided below.
- Visit the Official Website of National Board of Examinations- www.nbe.nic.in
- To register yourself to access the form click on the link to “New User Registration”
- Further, to register successfully, the students will have to enter their Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, and Email ID.
- After entering all the asked details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Further, you will get the login details. Then enter your Login ID and Password, and start filling the application form.
- In addition, make sure that you enter the correct information that is mentioned in your documents. As the documents have to be uploaded as well.
- Then you will have to submit the application fee.
- After filling up the complete form, submit it. Then the compete filled up form will be displayed on the screen. Do check that all the details are correct.
- Furthermore, download the application form and take a printout of it for future reference.
The application form will be available online for a limited period of time only. Hence, ensure that you submit it successfully before the due date.
There are a few documents that you must keep ready before filling the form. The documents that the students must have are as follows:
- Address Proof
- Class 10th Mark sheet and Certificate
- Class 12th Mark sheet and Certificate
- Internship Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- Ex-Candidate/ Fail Certificate
- Equivalence Certificate
FMGE Application Fee
The payment for the Application Fee will be the last step of the application process. Candidates must submit the application fee before the due date. Otherwise, your form will not get submitted and the admit card will not be issued. Further, the application fee is Rs. 5500 for all of the students. The payment can be made through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. Moreover, note that the application fee is non-refundable.
Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Exam Pattern 2021
The Exam Pattern of FMGE 2021 will indicate the necessary details about the entrance exam and the question paper. Thus, the students must have complete knowledge of the exam pattern. It will also help you in the preparation process. Furthermore, the exam pattern as prescribed by the NBE is as follows:
- Mode of FMGE Exam: Online
- Time Duration: 2 Hours and 30 Minutes
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- No. of Questions: 300 Questions
- Language of Paper: English
- Total Marks: 300
- Correct Answer: 1 Mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: It is applicable and hence 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Subject-Wise Distribution of Marks
During the preparation process, the students must have an idea about all the subjects and topics that have to be covered. In addition, you should know the marks that each of these subjects carries. Hence, the subject-wise distribution of marks is mentioned in the table given below.
For Pre and Para Clinical Subjects
|Subjects||Distribution of Marks|
For Clinical Subjects
|Subjects||Distribution of Marks|
|1. Medicine and Allied Subjects|
|III)Dermatology and STD||5|
|2. General surgery and allied subject|
|6. Obstetrics and Gynecology||30|
|7. Community Medicine||30|
FMGE Mock Test 2021
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) provides the facility of online mock tests for students before the main exam. It is done for allowing students to get familiar with the exam pattern. The FMGE 2021 Mock Test will further be available in online mode only on the official website of NBE. By taking the mock test the students will be able to find out their weak areas and prepare well for the test.
Exam Centres for FMGE
The applicants will have to enter their choice of Exam Centre while filling the application form. Candidates should choose the exam centre carefully as it will not get changed under any circumstances after the issuance of the admit card. Further, you should choose the exam centre which is near to the place you live in. It will save traveling time and unnecessary hassle. Moreover, the list of cities within which the FMGE 2021 will be conducted is provided below.
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu and Srinagar|
FMGE Admit Card 2021
Admit Card of FMGE 2021 is one of the most important documents. As no candidate will be allowed inside the exam hall without it. It contains all the details of the candidate and the exam, which includes the candidate’s roll no, Exam Date and Time, etc. Further, the hall ticket will be available for download on the official website of NBE. Note that it wouldn’t be sent through any other mode. Thus, each student has to visit the official website, enter their login details, and only then they can download it. Furthermore, do not forget to check out all the details mentioned in the hall ticket. In case of any discrepancy, you should immediately contact the authorities. If any of the discrepancies will be still there on the exam day, then the invigilator may not allow you to sit for the exam. Candidates should keep the admit card safe even after the exam, as it will be required for further processes.
How to Download FMGE 2021 Hall Ticket?
As mentioned above, the hall ticket will be available for download in online mode only. Hence, to ensure that the students easily download it, the step by step guide is provided below.
- Visit the Official Website of the National Board of Examinations(NBE) – www.nbe.nic.in
- Click on the link to Download the “FMGE Hall Ticket”
- Further, you will be redirected to the login page. Hence, you need to enter your registration ID and Password first.
- Then click on the submit button
- Your Admit Card will then appear on the screen in PDF format.
- Do not forget to verify all the details mentioned in it. After checking all the details, click on the download button and save it.
- Further, take 2-3 printouts of it to be carried along to the exam hall.
Documents to be Carried Along to the Exam Centre
There are a few documents that the students have to carry to the exam hall. The invigilators will not allow students inside the exam hall without the asked documents. In addition, all the details mentioned in the documents should be easily readable. Further, the documents you must carry along are as follows:
- FMGE Admit Card 2020 with a recent passport size photograph.
- A valid photo identity proof- (PAN Card/Voter ID/Aadhaar Card/Driving License).
FMGE Result 2021
The result will be declared within weeks after the entrance exam. Candidates will have to check the NBE Official Website to check their results. FMGE Result 2021 will be released in online mode only. Candidates will have to login first to check the scorecard. The scorecard will further contain the marks secured, rank, and other details. Moreover, the authorities may release the result in the form of a merit list. In which, the students will be ranked in order of merit on the basis of marks secured in the exam. In this way, the students will be segregated on the basis of merit.
Only the students whose names will be mentioned in the rank list will be eligible for admission. The rank list will be released in PDF format and thus can be downloaded easily. In addition, the steps to download the merit list are mentioned below.
How To Download FMGE Merit List 2021?
- Visit the Official Website of NBE
- Then on the homepage, click on the link to “FMGE Candidate Login”
- Enter the login credentials, i.e Registration ID, and Password.
- Then the link to Merit List PDF will appear on the screen, click on it.
- Further, the Rank List will open in a new window.
- Check for your name on it by pressing Ctrl+F
- Then to download it, click on the download icon and save it.
FMGE Cutoff 2021
The cutoff of FMGE 2021 will indicate the minimum qualifying marks, which will be considered for admission rounds. Only the students who would score the cutoff marks will be eligible for admission. It will be released soon after the result declaration. Further, students with higher ranks will get admission easily. Moreover, it will be released in online mode. Candidates may not receive any notification regarding its release. Hence, do check the concerned websites frequently for updates. The cutoff list can further be released category-wise.