NEET PG 2021: The NBE has postponed the exam date of NEET PG till 31st August 2021. The revised updates will be available soon. The NEET-PG is a single entrance exam that is conducted every year for admission to PG Diploma, MD (Doctor of Medicine), and MS (Master in Surgery) courses. The interested candidates, however, have to appear for the entrance exam. In addition, the students who clear the exam are eligible for admission. Moreover, students should first check the eligibility criteria before applying. The applications of ineligible candidates are rejected.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Thus, check the complete admission details of NEET PG 2021 before filling the application form. For more details about the entrance exam, eligibility, and admission, read further.
- NEET PG 2021 Exam Dates have been postponed till 31st August 2021. The revised schedule will be available soon.
- The NEET PG Admit Card has been cancelled. Candidates can download.
- The Application Form Correction process started on 19th March 2021. This facility allowed the candidates who successfully submitted the form to edit their forms and correct errors, in case any. – Check Information Brochure PDF
NEET PG 2021
This National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduation is conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). Thus, the exam schedule and details are published on their official website. Further, the students preparing for NBE NEET Post Graduate Exam should have complete knowledge of the admission activities schedule.
|The release of the Information Brochure||23rd February 2021|
|The release of the Application Form||23rd February 2021|
|End Date of the Application Form||15th March 2021|
|Availability of Correction Window||19th to 21st March 2021|
|Final Edit Window||2nd to 4th April 2021|
|Issuance of NEET PG Admit Card||14th April 2021|
|NEET PG Exam|
18th April 2021 (POSTPONED)
|NEET PG Score Card||– TBA –|
|NEET PG Merit List||– TBA –|
|NEET PG Counselling – Round I Result||– TBA –|
|Round II Counselling||– To Be Announced –|
|Round III (Mop-Up Round Counselling)||– To Be Announced –|
What are the Changes in the NEET-PG 2021 session?
- The Application Fee has been hiked. In addition, the application fee for non-reserved candidates is increased from INR 3,750 to INR 5,015. For reserved categories, it is increased from INR 2,750 to INR 3,835.
- Moreover, the no. of NEET PG Test Centres has increased from 165 to 255. The exam centres are increased considering the scenario due to COVID-19.
- The total no. of the question asked in the exam are reduced to 200 from 300 questions. Hence, the maximum no. of marks now is 800.
- The exam timing has been changed, now the exam will be conducted from 2 PM to 5 PM.
- NEET PG Tie-Breaking Criteria is revised. Now the factors that shall be considered are more no. of correct responses, less no. of incorrect responses, higher aggregate marks, and older candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test PG
It is important for each applicant to satisfy the eligibility conditions. Thus, the students should check the NEET PG Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. The application forms of ineligible candidates get rejected. Further, the exam conducting body sets the eligibility criteria. Further, the eligibility criteria for NEET PG admission is as follows:
- The applicant must have an MBBS degree.
- In addition, the applicant must complete his/ her one-year rotary internship by 31st March 2021.
- The students wanting to appear for the exam should further have a provisional/ permanent registration certificate. Wherein, the certificate should have been issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- Further, the students who have done MBBS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are eligible for admission under the 50% All India Quota Seats. However, it shall apply only if they have been nominees of the Government of India Central Pool Quota Seats.
- The students should have a valid Aadhar Card further for the verification process.
NBE NEET PG Application Form 2021
The students wanting to appear for the exam have to first fill and submit the NEET PG 2021 application form. It is released in online mode, the link to submit the form shall be provided here. However, the form is made available for a limited period of time. Thus, it is important that you fill and submit the form before the due date. The candidates have to complete all the stages of the application process to apply successfully.
What are the steps to apply successfully for NEET PG Exam?
The applicants have to go through certain steps to successfully submit the application form. Thus, the steps you need to follow are as follows.
- Online Registration – The students have to visit the official website of the exam conducting body to first register themselves. Candidates have to provide their name, guardian’s name, and contact details to register successfully.
- Fill Application Form – After completing the registration process, you get your login ID and password. By using ID and password, you need to login and then the application form appears on your screen. Candidates can then start filling the form. In addition, ensure that you provide the correct information while filling the form as that is used for the entire admission process.
- Upload Documents – The applicants need to upload a set of documents. In addition, the list of documents you need to upload includes a signature, passport-size photograph, and some other educational certificates. Note that you need to upload these documents in the prescribed format.
- Payment of Application Fee – The category-wise NEET PG Application Fee is mentioned in the table given below. Candidates can make the payment through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card in online mode. Moreover, the students should submit the fee before the given date. The applications of candidates who do not submit the fee on time get rejected.
- Printout of Confirmation Page – After submitting the application fee and form, a confirmation page appears stating that you have applied successfully. Candidates need to take a printout of it, as you have to provide it during counselling.
|General, OBC||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 5,015|
|ST, SC||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 3,835|
|SC, General, OBC, ST||PWD||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 3,835|
Application Form Correction Window
The authorities provide an application form correction facility, which allows students to edit their forms after submission. In case, you made a mistake while filling the form, then those can be corrected during the application correction process. However, students are allowed to edit only a number of fields. That is why it is suggested to fill the form carefully and cross-check before submission. Furthermore, the fields you can edit are as follows:
- Date of Birth
- EWS Status
- Physical Disability Status
NTA NEET PG Exam Pattern 2021
The students preparing for the NEET PG Exam 2021 should have in-depth knowledge of the exam pattern. It shall help you in understanding the pattern that is followed while preparing the question paper. Thus, you shall be able to prioritize and study accordingly. The exam pattern prescribed by the authorities is further as follows:
- The exam is conducted in online mode, i.e it is a computer-based test.
- Candidates get 3 Hours 30 Minutes to complete the question paper.
- NEET-PG Exam timing has been changed, now exam shall be conducted from 2 pm to 5 pm.
- There are 200 questions in total.
- The maximum no. of marks that can be obtained is 800 now.
- Wherein, the format of the questions is objective-based multiple-choice questions.
- Further, for each correct answer, 4 marks are awarded. In addition, as negative marking is applicable, 1 mark gets deducted for each incorrect response.
- No marks are deducted for an unanswered question.
- The medium of the exam is English only. Thus, the question paper shall not be available in any other language.
NEET PG 2021 Syllabus
The students preparing for the exam should first gather all the information about the exam pattern and syllabus. It shall help you in preparing a proper plan of action. Further, through the exam pattern and NEET PG Syllabus, you can differentiate as to which section requires more attention and carries more marks. The subject-wise weightage of questions is further provided below.
Part -A NEET PG Syllabus
|Subject||Subject-Wise Weightage of Questions|
|Total Questions||50 Questions|
Part-B NEET PG Syllabus
|Subject||Subject-Wise Weightage of Questions|
|Forensic Medicine||10 Questions|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25 Questions|
|Total Number of Questions||100 Questions|
Part- C NEET-PG Syllabus
|Subject||Subject-Wise Weightage of Questions|
|General Medicine Including Dermatology and Venerology and Psychiatry||45 Questions|
|General Surgery Including Orthopedics, Anesthesia, and Radiodiagnosis||45 Questions|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||30 Questions|
|S.No.||Test City||S.No.||Test City|
PG National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Admit Card
The candidates can download their NEET PG Admit Card 2021 from the NBE Official Website. Wherein, the students have to login first to download it. Candidates’ further need to take a printout of it as it has to be carried along to the exam hall. The admit card acts as an entry pass, and thus no candidate can enter the exam hall without it. Moreover, it contains information about the exam, such as your roll no, exam centre details, and other information about the student. The invigilator cross-checks it with any of the ID Proof and only then allow the student to sit for the exam. Thus, it is advised that you must carry an ID Proof along with it. Further, in case of discrepancy, do contact the authorities immediately and ensure that you have the correct hall ticket before the exam day.
NBE NEET PG Result 2021
The National Board of Examination is responsible for releasing the NTA NEET PG Result. They release the result in online mode and hence students have to visit their official website to check their results. Moreover, students who appeared for the exam can check their scorecards. The candidates who further score the minimum qualifying marks are eligible for admission to 50% All India Quota Seats.
NEET PG Merit List 2021
The NEET PG Rank List is released along with the scorecards. Candidates are ranked in order of merit in this list as per their performance in the entrance exam. Moreover, the students can check their individual rank and score on this list. This merit list is prepared for segregating students on the basis of merit. Further, it allows the authorities to carry out the process of counselling easily. Only the merit students can appear for counselling. The student with the highest marks in the exam is ranked first and so on. In addition, the authorities also have tie-breaking criteria for ranking students who end up scoring the same marks.
NBE NEET PG 2021 Cut Off
The NEET PG Cut Off indicates the minimum qualifying marks, which each candidate must score for being eligible to get admission. It is mandatory for each candidate to score this many marks. Moreover, the cutoff varies every year as it depends upon certain factors. The factors on the basis of which cutoff list is made include Seat availability, the difficulty level of the exam, and the no. of students who appeared for the exam. Furthermore, the category-wise cutoff marks of the previous year are mentioned below, for allowing students to have an idea about the cutoff.
|General Category||50 %|
|SC/ ST/ OBC Category||40%|
|General Person with Disability (PWD)||45%|
NBE NEET Post Graduate Counselling 2021
The counselling usually takes place in online mode in the month of March of the admission year. Moreover, the MCC – Medical Counselling Committee is conducting the NEET PG 2021 Counselling. It is further compulsory for all the merit students to participate in this admission round. The students have to register themselves for the counselling online and enter their choice of institutes. In addition, the seats are allotted to students as per the choices filled by the students. Thus, ensure that you fill in the options carefully. Further, the selection committee allots seats on the basis of candidates’ rank and the opted preference. The other details of the counselling round are published on the NBE Official Website.
NTA NEET PG Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduate courses (NEET PG)|
|Competent Authority||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Exam for Course Level||Postgraduate|
|Test Duration||210 minutes|
|No. of Test Cities||162 cities in India|
|Courses Offered||MD/ MS/ PG Diploma/ DNB post-MBBS|
|Exam Date||18th April 2021|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||011-45593000|
|Exam Website & Email||www.neetpg.nbe.edu.in|