Sri Venkateswara University commonly referred as S.V. University or SVU was founded in 1954 by chief minister Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu. It is a state university located in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India. It becomes the second oldest university in Andhra Pradesh after the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 and holds NAAC rating of “A+” with the score of 3.52 out of 4.
Sri Venkateswara University introduced correspondence courses in 1972 and was upgraded as Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) in April 1995 as per UGC norms. The DDE is located on the University campus and one can be reached from the University main gate (Golden Jubilee Arch) via Srinivasa Auditorium.At present Directorate of Direct Education offers the following courses:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A).
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.).
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) in Computers.
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.).
- Master of Arts in Telugu.
- Master of Arts in English.
- Master of Arts in Hindi.
- Master of Arts in Economics.
- Master of Arts in History.
- Master of Arts in Political Science and Public Administration.
- Master of Arts in Sociology.
- Master of Social Work (MSW).
- Master of Library and Information Science (M.L.I.Sc).
- Master of Science in Physics.
- Master of Science in Chemistry.
- Master of Science in Zoology.
- Master of Science in Botany.
- Master of Science in Psychology.
- Master of Science in Mathematics.
- Master of Science in Computer Science.
- Master of Commerce (M.Com.).
- Master of Commerce (M.Com.) in Financial Management.
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A) (3 years)
- P.G. Diploma in Industrial Relations & Personnel Management.
- P.G. Diploma in Guidance & Counselling.
Main Objectives of SVU Distance Education
- It provides the opportunity for higher education to the people who were deprived of the same earlier.
- It promotes professional efficiency for the in-service candidates.
- To meet the challenges of changing needs of the society in a global era.
- It provides more opportunity to the students who are not able to join in regular colleges due to various reasons.
- It provides a high quality of education with minimum expenditure.
Open University System: Candidates do not have any formal qualification can get admission in the Bachelor of Arts (B.A) and Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) courses. For admission, a candidate has to qualify entrance test conducted by D.D.E. and should complete the age of 18 years as on 31st July- 2018.
Sri Venkateswara University Admission Important Events and Dates
Sri Venkateswara University will be announcing the dates of online registration, last date for submission of filled in application, entrance exam date etc. Candidate can check the tentative schedule in the table given below :
|Date of online registration Starts from||January 2019|
|Last date for submission of filled in application without fine||February 2019|
|Last date for submission of filled in application with a fine of Rs. 500/-||March 2019|
|Last date for submission of filled in application with a fine of Rs. 1000/-||March 2019|
|Last date for submission of filled in application with a fine of Rs. 2000/-||March 2019|
For Open University System
|Open University system (BACET) online Registration starts from||January 2019|
|Last date for submission of filled in Applications||January 2019|
|Date of Entrance Examination (BACET)||March 2019|
Sri Venkateswara University Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are planning to apply for admission into Sri Venkateswara University will be required to check their eligibility criteria and duration of different courses offered by the University from the given table :
|Sr. No.||Name of the Programme||Eligibility||Course Duration|
|1.||M.A. Telugu||Bachelor’s Degree with Telugu as one of the subjects under Part I/Part II||2 years|
|2.||M.A. English||Bachelor’s Degree with English as one of the subjects under part I/Part II||2 years|
|3.||M.A. Hindi||Bachelor’s Degree with Hindi as one of the subjects at part I/Part II||2 years|
|4.||M.A. Economics||B.A. with Economics as one of the subjects||2 years|
|5.||M.A. History||Any Bachelor’s Degree||2 years|
|6.||M.A. Political Science & & Public Administration||Any Bachelor’s Degree||2 years|
|7.||M.A. Sociology||Any Bachelor’s Degree||2 years|
|8.||Master of Social Work||Any Bachelor’s Degree||2 years|
|9.||M.Sc. Mathematics||B.Sc. or B.A. with Mathematics as one of the subjects||2 years|
|10.||M.Sc. Computer Science||B.Sc. Comp. Sci./B.A. Comp. Appl./B.Com. or B.Sc. Comp. Appl./Any Degree with PGDCA/B.E./B.Tech./B.C.A||2 years|
|11.||M. Sc. Physics||B. Sc. with Physics & Mathematics subjects||2 years|
|12.||M.Sc. Chemistry||B.Sc. with Chemistry||2 years|
|13.||M.Sc. Zoology||B.Sc. with Zoology||2 years|
|14.||M.Sc. Botany||B.Sc. with Botany||2 years|
|15.||M.Sc. Psychology||Any Bachelor’s Degree||2 years|
|16.||M.Com.||B.Com. & B.A. with Commerce as one of the subjects||2 years|
|17.||M.Com. (Financial Management)||B.Com., B.B.M., B.C.A., B.A. (AES) Graduates||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)||Any Bachelor’s Degree||3 years|
|19.||M.L.I.Sc||B.L.I.Sc Degree||1 year|
|20.||B.A. / B.Com. (Regular)||Intermediate||3 years|
|21.||B.A. / B.Com. (OUS)||Eligibility test for those who completed 18 years of age as on 31 July 2017. and without any formal education||3 years|
|23.||B.Sc : |
a) Intermediate with Botany, Zoology, Chemistry
b) Intermediate with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
c) Intermediate with Mathematics
d) Intermediate with Mathematics, Physics e) Intermediate with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
f) Intermediate with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
|24.||B.L.I.Sc||Any Bachelor’s Degree||1 year|
|PG Diploma in Industrial Relations & Personnel Management||Any Bachelor’s Degree|| |
|26.||PG Diploma in Guidance & Counselling||B.A. / M.A. / M.Sc. with Psychology, Education, Social Work, Human Development. and B.Sc (Nursing)||1 year|
Sri Venkateswara University Application Form 2019
Important instructions for filling the SVU Application form for admission
- The Application form will be available on the University website www.svuniversty.edu.in under Directorate of Distance Education link option.
- The candidate will have to download the Application form and it should be accompanied by DDE Online challan of Rs. 200/- towards the processing fee.
- Candidates should read eligibility criteria and select the subject as per their eligibility.
- Duly filled application form with all the required enclosures should reach to the Director, DDE, S.V.University, Tirupati 517 502 by registered post or in person on or before the last date.
- The required attested copies of the certificates should be duly attested by a Gazetted Officer. Candidates will need to enclose following attested copies of the certificate with the Application form:
- SSC Certificate
- Provisional Pass Certificate / Degree Certificate
- Migration Certificate (other than Sri Venkateswara University students)
- Passport size photo
- Candidates should clearly mention the name of the course of study and year for which he/she will be seeking admission into Directorate of Distance Education.
- The name of the student, date of birth and information of his / her father/husband should correspond with those that are recorded in his / her matriculation certificates / SSLC / SSC/ HS & MPSLC Register.
- Application without tuition fees and incomplete application will not be processed by the Directorate of Distance Education.
- The candidate has to enclose following certificates in original along with the Application form:
- Provisional Certificate and Marksheet of the qualifying examination passed (one attested copy is also be enclosed along with the original certificate).
- Two copies of recent photographs(passport size of the candidate duly attested by a Gazetted Officer at the lower portion of each photo. One to be affixed to the application and the other to be enclosed)
- Prescribed course fee shall be paid through DDE Online challan of Andhra Bank / State Bank of India.
Address to which all correspondence be made. The Director Directorate of Distance Education S.V. University, Tirupati – 517 502 Phones: 0877-2289477, 2289380 Fax: 0877-2249088 Website: www.svuniversity.edu.in