NEET 2021: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted every year for the aspirants of undergraduate medical courses and dental courses (BDS). The agency responsible for organizing the entrance exam is NTA (National Testing Agency). Moreover, this national level exam will be conducted in the first week of May 2021 in offline mode. Thus, that means it will be a pen and paper-based exam. The interested students will have to first fill and submit the application form. Candidates who will score qualifying marks will be further eligible for admission to well known medical institutes. For more details regarding NEET 2021 Application Process, Schedule, Exam Pattern, etc, read further.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NEET 2021 Exam Overview
The number of students who appear for the exam has increased over the years. As through this exam, students can admission to both government and private medical colleges. Wherein, around 85% of seats are available under State Quota and 15% Seats are available under All India Quota. Moreover, admission to AIIMS and JIPMER in 2020 was through NEET Entrance Exam only. Therefore, now it is a single exam for admission to MBBS and BDS courses. The exam activities schedule will be released in December 2020. Further, the tentative dates of events are mentioned below.
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of Application||– 1st week of December 2020 –|
|End of application process||– Last week of December 2020 –|
|Correction window opens||– 3rd week of January 2021 to last week of January 2021 –|
|Availability of Admit card||– 4th week of March 2021 –|
|NEET 2021 Exam||– 1st week of May 2021 –|
|Availability of Answer key||– 2nd week of May 2021 –|
|Declaration of Result||– 1st week of June 2021 –|
|Starting of Counselling||– 2nd week of June 2021 –|
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check out the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. As the form of ineligible candidates will get rejected. In addition, the criteria are set by the exam conducting body. It is compulsory for all the applicants to satisfy the eligibility criteria. Further, the NEET 2021 Eligibility Factor comprises of the age criteria, qualifications, reservations, etc.
- The applicant should have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- In addition, the candidate should have passed with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and English as core subjects.
- The Qualifying Marks for UR is 50% and 45% (UR PWD). Whereas, for Reserved Category it is 40%.
Nationality and Age-Criteria
- The Nationality of the Candidate must be Indian/NRI/OCI/ PIOs and Foreign Nationals.
- The minimum required age is 17 years as on 31st December 2021.
- Further, there is no upper age limit.
Number of Attempts
- There is no restriction, thus students can appear for the exam as many times as they want.
- Furthermore, students planning to study abroad should note that their NEET Score will be valid for 3 years only.
NEET Application Form 2021
The NTA NEET Application Form will be available on the Official Website (ntaneet.nic.in). Thus, the application process will be carried out in online mode only. The form will not be accepted in any other mode. Further, the other important details regarding the application process are as follows:
- Candidates should submit one application only. As the submission of multiple forms may lead to the rejection of the registration form.
- Further, to complete the registration process, candidates would have to provide a valid mobile number and email ID. Candidates should provide correct details as all the communication will be done through it only.
- The candidates do not need to send printed application form to the board further.
- Moreover, candidates will be able to edit their forms after submission as well. They will be able to so during the NEET Application Correction 2021 process. However, this facility will be available for a limited period of time. The complete details regarding this process are mentioned below.
Stages Of Application Process
- Online Registration: The students have to register first by providing basic information about themselves. After providing the asked information, you will receive a registration ID and password. Candidates should further keep these safe, as this will be your login credentials.
- Filling Up Details: After completing the registration process, students need to enter other details such as exam centre choice, qualification, address, etc.
- Uploading Of Scanned Image of Photograph & Signature: The candidates have to upload scanned images of asked documents. Make sure that you upload the image as per the prescribed specifications. The forms of candidates who will not upload the documents correctly will get rejected. Moreover, the required specifications to upload the documents are as follows:
- Passport Size Photo (10kb to 200 kb)
- Post Card Size Photo (50kb-300kb)
- Signature (4kb to 30kb)
- Left-Hand Thumb Impression (10kb to 50kb)
- Class X Certificate (100 kb to 400kb)
NEET Application Fee 2021
- If any of the students fail to submit the fee on time, then the application form of such candidates will get rejected.
- In addition, students will be able to make the payment in both online and offline mode.
- Thus, for online mode, the payment can be made through debit/ credit card or net banking. Further, for offline mode, the SBI E-Challan facility will be available at the SBI branch. The NEET Application Fee for each category as per last years’ records is as follows:
|General/ Unreserved||INR 1500/-|
|General- EWS/ OBC-NCL||INR 1400/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||INR 800/-|
NTA NEET Application Form Correction
The exam conducting body will allow students to edit the submitted application forms. Candidates who made any mistake while filling the form will be able to correct it then. However, the NEET Application Correction facility will be available for a limited period of time. Therefore, applicants need to ensure that they edit and submit the form again before the due date. Furthermore, details regarding the editable and non-editable fields will be present on the official website.
Exam Centres of NEET
The exam centres will be allotted to students on the basis of choices that they have provided during the application process. While filling the application form, candidates would have to choose three NEET Exam Centre 2021 cities. Further, according to the choices, exam centers will be allotted to students. Candidates should choose the exam center cities carefully, as the exam centre will not be changed under any circumstances. The complete address will be further mentioned on the admit card.
Dress Code For NEET 2021
The exam conducting body has made some strict ruled regarding the NEET Dress Code. Thus, candidates appearing for the exam have to follow the set rules. Furthermore, some of the rules made by the NTA are as follows:
- Candidates are advised to wear light-colored clothes
- Only sandals and slippers are allowed.
- Candidates can wear short sleeves clothes.
- No Metal Items such as belts are allowed.
- Further, students should not carry any accessory along with them.
NEET Admit Card
The NTA NEET Admit Card 2021 will be released in online mode on the official website (www.ntaneet.nic.in). Candidates thus will have to download it from there. It is basically an entry pass without which no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall. In addition, students should carefully check whether all the details mentioned on the admit card are correct or not. In case of any discrepancy, one should contact the official authority.
Further, candidates should also carry an ID proof along with the admit card. The invigilator will only allow you to sit for the exam if you will have the required documents. Thus, before leaving for the exam centre, students should check whether they have everything or not.
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
The students appearing for the exam should have complete knowledge of the NTA NEET Exam Pattern. It will help you in the preparation process. Thus, students will be able to get a good score in the entrance exam. The other important details about the exam pattern are as follows:
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Time Duration||3 Hours|
|Exam Shift||One Shift only|
|Total Marks||720 marks|
|Number of Questions||180 Questions|
|Number of Sections||Three- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|Marks per Question||4 marks|
|Negative Marking||Yes. -1 for the wrong answer|
Distribution Of Questions
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||Marks|
|Biology (Botany or Zoology)||90 (45 – 45 Each)||360|
NEET Exam Syllabus
The Medical Council of India (MCI) will prescribe the NEET 2021 Syllabus. Moreover, the questions are usually from the 11th and 12th-course subjects. In addition, the candidates should have in-depth knowledge of the exam syllabus. The topics to be covered subject-wise are further as follows:
NEET Exam Preparation Tips
- The students should have complete knowledge of the exam syllabus. In addition, it will help students in formulating a strategy, which can help them in getting a good score.
- Then as soon as you have the complete details, prepare a proper time table. Wherein, you need to set short term goals. Make sure that you mention all the details, as to how much time you will be able to finish the syllabus.
- Further, make sure that you do not refer to a lot of books as that may confuse you.
- Do not forget to start the preparation with your NCERT books.
- Moreover, students should try and study for at least 5-6 hours every day.
- Candidates should also take care of other things. In addition, make sure that you eat right and take proper sleep.
- In addition, students should try and solve as many question papers. It will help you in understanding the exam pattern better.
- Candidates should also try to finish the complete syllabus at least 2-3 months before the exam date.
- Furthermore, the weightage in the percentage of each topic is given below subject-wise. Candidates can refer to it and make a proper time table for themselves.
NEET 2021 Question Paper
The question paper will be made available soon after the NEET Exam. It will be released in online mode only. Moreover, the candidates who will appear for the exam will be able to calculate a rough score with it. As it will be released along with the answer key. The candidates thus will be able to cross-check. Further, the exam conducting body will release the NEET Question Paper in PDF format. Therefore, candidates will be able to download it easily.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Answer Key
NEET 2021 Solution Key will be released along with the question paper. It will contain answers to all the questions that were asked in the exam. In addition, it will be available on the official website. Candidates will be able to download it easily from there. Moreover, students can also challenge the answer key. However, for each question, a candidate will have to pay 1000 rupees. Note that the result will be prepared as per this answer key.
NTA NEET Result 2021
The National Testing Agency (NTA) usually takes a month to evaluate the papers. NEET BDS/ MBBS Result will be further released in online mode. Thus, the candidates will have to visit the official website to check their results. In addition, the scores will be available in the form of a percentile. Candidates who will get the qualifying marks will be further eligible for counselling. As now admission to AIIMS and JIPMER is through NEET Exam only, thus candidates who will clear the exam will be eligible for admission to these institutes as well. Furthermore, the result can be made available in the form of a merit list. The complete format and details regarding a merit list are mentioned below.
NEET Merit List
The merit list will be released for indicating the names of all the selected candidates. Moreover, the candidates will be ranked in order of merit in it. This list is basically made for segregating students on the basis of merit. Further, it will be available on the official website of NTA. Candidates will be able to download it as well. However, make sure that you check the list carefully. As it is possible, that there could be two students of the same name. Thus, do check the other provided details as well. The NEET merit list will be further released in different formats. The list will be available in the following manner.
- NTA NEET 2019 Overall Merit List
- NEET MBBS State-Wise merit List
- Category-wise Rank List
- Gender Wise Rank List
- AIQ and Course Wise Merit List
NEET Counselling 2021
NTA NEET Counselling is the last stage of the admission process. The round of counselling will start soon after the result declaration. In this round, candidates will have to appear in person along with a set of documents. The round of counselling will take place in online mode by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Further, the counselling will take place in three rounds. However, if the seats will be left vacant after the three rounds. Then a mop-up round will be conducted for filling up the vacant seats.
|If you have got a seat in the college||You can either accept or apply for next round|
|Not got a seat in the First||Can be eligible for the second round|
Previous Years’ NEET Seat Matrix
|Name of the College||Total AIQ Seats (MBBS)|
|Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU Varanasi||84|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||37|
|VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||63|
|B.J Medical College, Ahmedabad||37|
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow||37|
|Stanley Medical College, Chennai||38|
|Siddhartha Medical College, Vijayawada||23|
|Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai||27|
|Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram||30|
|SMS Medical College, Jaipur||38|
|Name of the College||Total AIQ Seats (BDS)|
|Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, Delhi||6|
|Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Rohtak||15|
|Nair Dental College and Hospital||9|
|Faculty of Dental Sciences||50|
|RUHS College of Dental Sciences, Jaipur||6|
|Government Dental College, Thrissur||8|
|Regional Dental College, Guwahati||6|
|Mahatma Gandhi PG Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry||6|
|Government Dental College, Nagpur||7|
|Faculty of Dental Sciences, KGMU, Lucknow||9|