NEET Dress Code 2021 is applicable to all the candidates who are appearing for NEET Entrance Examination. The NTA has made some instructions regarding the Dress Code for the NEET Exam. The dress code includes- Clothing, Footwear, and Accessories. The details about the dress code of NEET 2021 are mentioned in the Admit Card of NEET. In this article, we have provided complete details regarding the NEET Dress Code 2021, what to wear, debarred items, and much more. Candidates who are appearing for the examination can take a look at all the important details regarding the NTA NEET Dress Code that is mentioned here.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Why NEET Dress Code?
Due to COVID-19, it is now more important that students go through the exam guidelines and suggested dress code. Therefore, the Senior Official made a strict rule regarding the NEET Dress Code for both male and female candidates. The two main items added due to the pandemic are masks and gloves.
The NEET MBBS has around 65,000 seats and 25,000 seats for BDS. Therefore, to avoid frisking time, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has made strict rules for the NEET Dress Code for male and female candidates. The complete details regarding the dress code are available on the NEET Admit Card as well.
What is in the NEET Dress Code 2021?
As per the Official Information Bulletin, there is a complete section explaining details about the NEET 2021 Dress Code. The Applicant has to follow the dress rules for appearing in the exam. The Notified Rules includes-
- Light Clothes with Half Sleeves.
- The Cloths should not have any big prints, buttons, brooch, batches, etc.
- Footwear should not have high heels, sports shoes, etc.
- The wearing of Masks and Gloves are compulsory for all students.
Candidates must follow the NEET Exam Day Guidelines that are strictly implemented by the National Testing Agency.
NEET Dress Code 2021- Male Candidates
- As per COVID-19 pandemic guidelines, a candidate must wear a mask and gloves.
- The Male Candidates who are appearing for the examination must wear light-colored clothes with half sleeves (Shirts and T-Shirts).
- The Clothes must not have any heavy print, or big buttons or brooches, etc. Therefore, overall, the candidates must wear simple clothes for the examination.
- In the case of bottom wear, the applicants must wear trousers. Candidates should not wear Kurtas and Pajamas in the exam.
- Shoes are not allowed in the examination. Instead, you can wear Slippers and Sandals to the examination.
NEET Dress Code 2021 – Female Candidates
- Do wear a mask and gloves to the exam centre. Without these, no candidate shall be allowed to sit for the exam.
- If you are a female candidate, then do avoid wearing clothes with embroidery, flowers, brooches, buttons.
- The Clothes should be light and half sleeves.
- You can wear salwar and trousers for the examination.
- You can wear sandals with low heels to the examination.
- Applicants must not wear clothing with heavy prints, buttons, brooches, etc. to the examination hall.
- You cannot wear Jean Pants and Track Pants to the exam.
CBSE NEET Dress Code for Sikh Candidates
The Delhi High Court has relaxed the rules for the Sikh Candidates who wish to wear their traditional kara and kirpan (short sword with a curved blade). These candidates have to reach the Examination Hall an hour before the exam to complete the verification process.
List of the Accessories Banned in NEET Exam 2021
During the NEET 2021 Exam, the applicants must not wear the following items to the examination.
- Hair Accessories such as Hairpins, Hairbands, Hair Ties, etc.
- Heavy Metal Wrist Watches/ Metal Bands on wrist etc.
- Ornaments/ Jewellery such as Necklace, Chains, Earrings, Nose pins, etc.
- Shoes that are closed.
The Metal Detectors are available in the Examination at the time of checking. Therefore, the candidates must not wear anything that has metal on it. It can cause issues at the time of checking.
Importance of NEET Dress Code 2021
Candidates have to keep certain things on the mind in order to have frisk-free checking.
- Wearing a Cloth Item with too many pockets can cause a lot of frisks while checking.
- Wearing metal accessories can waste a lot of time, as a Metal Detector Screening is done.
- To avoid chaos in the exam, we advise you should not to wear anything that is banned in the examination hall.
- Many Applicants have stated that in the previous year, unfair means of touching involved frisking. Therefore, NTA has announced the CBSE NEET Dress Code.
NEET 2021 Banned Items
The National Testing Agency has made quite a few items barred from the examination. Students, appearing for the examination can take a quick look at the list of the items that are not allowed in the NEET 2021 Exam.
- Stationery Items such as Text Books, Pencils, Erasers, Pens, Papers, Calculators, Plastic Boxes, Notepads, Log tables, Pendrives, Scale, etc.
- Electronic Gadgets such as Electronic Pen, Scanner, Mobile Phones, Calculators, Headphones, Bluetooth, Microphones, Health-Bands, Pagers, Cameras, etc.
- Other Items such as Googles, Wrist Bands, Handbags, Belt, Caps, Wallets, Handbags, etc.
- Any Metallic Items
- Eatable Items such as – Snacks, Cold-Drinks, Water Bottle.
Candidates must follow these rules in order to have a frisk-free Examination. The main reason behind the NTA NEET 2021 Dress Code is to have a balanced decorum in the examination environment. The list of the banned items is made available on the official brochure and the Admit Card. Candidates must keep all the above things in mind before going to appear for the examination. Following the Dress Code of NEET 2021 give you a hassle-free entry to the exam.
Candidates must note that there are no arrangements made in the Examination Premises. Applicants have to make their own arrangements if they carry any bags or other items along with them. It is advised to leave the items at home or had it to the accompanying member.