NEET Preparation Tips 2021: Candidates wanting to pursue the medical profession in India, sit for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). The national level exam is conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency). Through NEET 2021, admission is granted to candidates in the MBBS/ BDS Colleges of India. From the last session, admission to AIIMS and JIPMER is also through NEET Scores. Hence, the aspirants need to put their best foot forward to clear the exam. Therefore, we have provided tips and tricks in this article, to boost the preparation. Candidates preparing for the exam shall be through the Syllabus and Exam Pattern as well.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Changes Made in NEET 2021?
Before starting to prepare for the NEET 2021 Exam, it is very much required that you must know all about the exam. Due to the pandemic, a lot of changes are made. Furthermore, the changes expected in the NTA NEET 2021 are as follows:
- NTA has requested the Health Ministry to conduct the examination twice for this session. Moreover, there are also chances of the exam being conducted in online mode.
- The Union Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has asked the NTA to cut the 30% NEET Syllabus. In addition, the authorities have also asked the different state and central school education boards to consider the same and share their opinions.
- Vineet Joshi, the Direction General of NTA has further informed that no changes shall be made in the Exam Pattern. The pattern of the question paper shall remain the same. – Check NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
- There is no upper age limit in the exam.
- There is no minimum number of attempts in the exam.
- The Exam shall take place in English and Hindi and 9 different regional languages.
NEET NTA Preparation Tips 2021 – Exam Pattern
Before opening your books and start solving the questions, do you know about the Exam Pattern of NEET 2021? Well, the Exam Pattern plays a very important role in the NEET Preparation. It gives out the information about the mode, medium of the exam, question types, and the marking scheme. Therefore, we have provided complete details about the NEET 2021 Exam Pattern below-
- The Exam takes place in offline mode.
- The Total Time Duration of the Examination is 3 Hours.
- NEET 2021 Exam takes place in 11 different languages.
- Total Number of Questions – 180 Questions
- Total Number of Marks allotted in the examination – 720 marks
- There are three sections in the examination – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Each correct answer carries 4 marks.
- There is a negative marking of -1 for each incorrect response.
Visit the Official Website of NTA NEET
NTA NEET Syllabus 2021
After the Exam Pattern, candidates shall gather the information about the Exam Syllabus. Candidates shall check if the syllabus is revised or not. Moreover, the standard of the questions in the paper is that of class 11th and 12th. Hence, aspirants can refer to their NCERT Books. Moreover, the subjects to be prepared are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. After studying the NCERT Books well, candidates should refer to any other reference book. By going through the syllabus, candidates can also figure out, which topics will take up more time.
NEET 2021 Preparation Strategy
After collecting information about the Exam Pattern & Syllabus, candidates should prepare a preparation strategy. It is important to strategize to work in an efficient manner. Candidates with a proper can finish the complete syllabus on time. Further, the NEET 2021 Preparation Schedule includes the following details-
- Examination Pattern & Syllabus
- Time Management
- Proper Time Table
- List of Books and Notes
- Healthy Mind and Body
- Proper Diet
NEET 2021 Preparation Tips and Guide
Whether you are going to a coaching centre or have decided to study yourself, you need a proper plan of action. Candidates who are going to coaching centres also need to put in those extra efforts. Moreover, self-study comes with dual responsibility. Candidates have to follow a plan of action to clear this national level exam. Thus, we have listed a few tips and tricks for the aspirants below.
Get Acquainted with the Exam Pattern of NEET 2021
As we have mentioned earlier, the Exam Pattern plays a very important role in the NEET Exam 2021. We have given the details about the NEET Exam Pattern above. Make sure that you know about the Examination Pattern well. This will give you an idea of how to direct your preparation schedule for the exam.
Get Thorough with the Syllabus
- After you know the Examination Pattern of the Exam, make sure you go through the NEET Syllabus carefully.
- The NEET Question Paper includes the questions from the 11th and 12th Standard Syllabus (State Board and CBSE).
- Also, check the weightage of each topic in the examination.
Sort Chapters and Topics on the basis of your Difficulty Level
- After you get through all the topics of the subjects, classify the topics based on your difficulty level. Categorize the topics into difficulty and easy level.
- Moreover, start off with the topics that require more time and attention.
Creating Time Table and Prioritizing Difficult Subjects
After categorizing the subjects on the basis of their difficulty, now create a time table. Dedicate at least 8 to 10 Hours for NEET Preparation. Give more priority to those subjects that you find difficult to understand. This will give you more time for revision.
Complete the NCERT Book Properly
When it comes to NEET, IIT, JEE-Main Preparation, hands-down NCERT Books are your best companion. The NCERT Books are the complete package. These textbooks carry all the details and concepts explained in an easy way. By studying NCERTs, you can get a good grip over the topics and basics.
Make your Concepts and Fundamentals Clear
Having your concepts clear is very much important. If your base is strong, then you don’t need hours and hours to study the same topic. Make a Formula and Important Terms Handbook, and note down the important formulas and definitions. Go through these days for an hour. Since the questions are asked in the objective format, this shall help you to remember the terms and formulas very quickly.
Like for an Example-
- For Physics – Keep a stronghold on the formulas and derivations.
- In Chemistry – Chemical Equations, Reactions, Block, and Properties of the elements.
- For Biology – Important Terms and Definitions.
Practice and Practice
There is a famous quote saying, “Practice Makes Perfect”. Therefore, the more you practice, the more you gain knowledge and improve your learning skills. Grab a paper and solve questions as much as you can. Jot down the formulas and keep practicing it. Do not stick to one topic for a longer time. By solving papers, you can easily find out your weak areas.
Okay, Let me give you an Example-
Suppose, you are preparing any topic of Physics, let us consider Magnetism and Matter.
- Firstly, read the definitions and basic terms which are important.
- Go through the formulas, write and learn
- Start Solving then, make sure that you practice 5 to 6 questions daily related to each formula.
- This will definitely help you a lot in practice and revision.
Online Mock Tests and Practice Papers
- Since the NEET Exam is going to be conducted online, it is therefore very much necessary to work on the Time Management Section. Take Online Mock Tests regularly.
- It improves your speed of attempting questions and enhances your Time Management Skills.
- Further, Mock Tests are the dummies of the real NEET Exam. NEET Mock tests are created to give an experience of the actual exam. These tests are available online with a real-time property.
Go for Previous Year Question Papers
Solve all the previous year questions as much as you can. Solving the previous year question papers will give you an idea of what sort of questions asked in the examination. This will also help you in understanding the examination pattern better.
Time for Revision
- Keep at least three months for revision purposes.
- While you are revising the subjects, make sure that you did not start something new.
- Be confident in what you have prepared and revise those topics as much as you can.
NTA Medical 2021 Preparation Tips and Guide for Droppers
There is not much difference in the preparation guide for the Droppers. However, the Droppers need to focus more and put more effort into the preparation. So, here are some preparation tips for the Droppers. This can also be helpful for those students who are applying it for the first time.
- You need to first focus on your negative areas. Where or on which section you lack and need to prepare more.
- Make a list and dedicate enough time to it.
- Go through the NCERT Books and Reference Books.
- Stay Away from Social Media Apps. This shall help you in avoiding distractions.
- Practice more and more previous year question papers. Try to practice online.
- Online Mock Tests can be really helpful. It enhances your time management skills and accuracy to attempt questions.
- Remember the concepts well. Use Block Diagrams or Flow Charts to remember.
- Solve as many quizzes as you want. This will help your brain to exercise much faster.
- Stay Healthy and Take Good Amount of Sleep.
Important Topics for NEET 2021 Preparation
While preparing for NEET 2021, you need to make sure that what is important under these topics. Where should I focus more? Well, we will help you with that as well. The subject-wise important topics are mentioned below for reference.
Physics Subject Topics
|Alternating Current||Magnetism and Matter||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Electrostatics, Electric Charges, Potential and Capacitance||Ray Optics, Wave Optics||Electronic Devices and Semi-Conductor Devices|
|Current Electricity||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
Chemistry Subject Topics
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Organic Chemistry||Periodic Table|
|Equilibrium||Redox Reaction||Bio-molecules, Hydrocarbons, Polymers, etc.|
Biology Subject Topics
|Diversity in Living Organisms||Human Physiology||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Cell Structure, Functions, Bio-molecules||Reproduction|
|Plant Physiology||Genetics and Evolution|
Best Books for NEET 2021 Preparation
The NCERTs are enough, however, referring to some other reference books isn’t a bad idea. Hence, we have provided a list of subject-wise reference books that can be considered. However, do not refer to a lot of books, as that can cause confusion. The style of writing and the explanation is different in each book. Furthermore, check out the list of recommended books for NEET 2021 below.
Recommended Books for Physics
- The concept of Physics by H.C Verma
- The objective of Physics by D.C Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
Recommended Books for Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- ABC Chemistry for Class XI and XII by Modern
- Dinesh Chemistry Guide
- Practice Books by VK Jaiswal (Inorganic), MS Chauhan (Organic), N Awasthi (Physical)
Recommended Books for Biology
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET by M.P Tyagi
- Biology Trueman (Vol 1 and 2)
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Objective Botany by Ansari
- Pradeep Guide on Biology
- GR Bathla Publications for Biology
Best Apps for NEET Preparation 2021
There are various apps available both for Android and iOS Users. These apps cover all the topics in the best ways. They also provide Mock test papers and Sample papers. Candidates can also get some amazing tips and tricks in these apps to boost the preparation. We have listed out some of the best apps that you can use for the preparation-
BYJUs – The Learning App
This is one of the best apps for learning online. The App is known for having the best study material. You can also find study notes and videos specially designed by the mentors. It also provides Previous Year Questions. Not only this, but you can also have one-on-one interaction with the mentors and get your doubts solved.
NEET Preparation Offline
This App offers various test papers and previous year question papers. The App can be accessed with an Internet Connection. You can take tests and get a summary of the scores and percentage through this app.
NEET Guru App
This App is specially designed for NEET Aspirants. The App has around 2,50,000 (approx.) Questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. It also has a direct link to the Youtube Explanation Videos.
Best YouTube Channels for NEET MBBS Preparation 2021
You can find hundreds of channels for NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER, and other Medical and Nursing Entrance Exams. However, here we have listed out some of the best youtube channels that must be followed by every NEET Aspirants are-
- The Khan Academy
- HIITS Achieving
- Education Shelf Live (Highly Recommended). As most of the lectures are taken by the Doctors.
- Other than these websites- you can also check, Crash Course, Merit Store, etc.
General Preparation Tips for NEET 2021
- Make a Smart Time-Table and schedule your preparation in that way.
- Practice as much as you can.
- Go through each and every formula and derivations and practice them.
- One of the best ways to learn and remember the concepts is the diagrammatic representation or flow-chart description. The diagrammatic representation will help you to learn the topics in a much easier way.
- Take small naps/breaks after an hour of study. Reading continuously will lead to stress. Taking shorter breaks will exercise your brain. Have healthy food and stabilize your sleep routine.
- Stay Confident and do not forget your goals. Watch inspiring videos of the toppers and keep yourself motivated. You can check all the details about NEET here. If you have any issues regarding the Exam, please free to comment.
NTA Releases Content-Based Lectures
National Testing Agency (NTA) has released content-based lectures for candidates last year. Thus, candidates who are preparing for NEET 2021 can refer to it. The lectures are by IIT Professors and Subject Experts. Hence, they shall guide you well through all the tropics. Moreover, you need not pay anything for viewing these lectures. These are absolutely free. A lot of videos are available, and thus most of your topics are covered in the videos. One of the Biology videos is given down below.
NEET Toppers List 2020
|All India Rank(AIR)||Roll Number||Name of the candidate||Marks Obtained||Percentile Score||State|
|6.||1205004532||Guthi Chaitanya Sindhu||715||99.9995611||Andhra Pradesh|
|8.||4108003171||Srijan R||710||99.9985369||Tamil Nadu|
|11.||4201220166||Anantha Parakrama B Nookala|| |
|13.||1205039104||Kota Venkat||710||99.9985369||Andhra Pradesh|
|14.||4201127076||Bareddy Sai Thrisha Reddy|| |
|16.||1205037171||Bhavanam Manasa||710||99.9985369||Andhra Pradesh|
|17.||4408108130||Abhiuday Pratap Singh||710||99.9985369||Uttar Pradesh|
|18.||1205003354||Shaik Kothapalli Arfath Khadeer|| |
|19.||2101005023||Zantye Ashish Avinash||710||99.9985369||Maharashtra|
|20.||1205024297||Loka Sekhar Satvik Sarma||710||99.9985369||Andhra Pradesh|